Best Buy Black Friday 2017

Lack of GCU stacking was disappointing this year. I vaguely recall it stacked for a bit last year, which made things more exciting. A major takeaway from last year is that Best Buy will drop some game prices in December (especially Ubisoft stuff), so keep those receipts handy.

What? No, I'm saying I have Elite and it was a complete bust for us. This was the first year I didn't buy a single thing during the Elite preview and I know I'm not alone. Aside from Disgaea which BB didn't even put on sale, I'm spending nearly $200 at Walmart, Target, and GameStop instead because the Elite preview was so bad this year.
A majority of the things I looked at were on sale though? I don't see how this year is any different then others it's never every single item, I got most of my Black Friday shopping done already because of the Elite Early Access.
Agree with MoCiWe - don't see how anything this year was any worse than years' past. Pretty much comparable with some exceptionally solid deals. Dranakin - so BBY doesn't have a niche strategy JPRG on sale which means their sale preview is "so bad?" Okay ... :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone please recommend me a good mechanical keyboard? There are so many logitechs on sale. Which is the best value with good keys like cherry mx reds or browns?

Also when i log into best buy i noticed it says the early access sale only lasts for 3 more hrs? That's weird be because didn't it just start tonight after the elite plus had all of monday in advance? So it will end for us by morning and we don't get to shop in store?

Or what is going on?

I thought the normal My Best Buy Member access was on Wednesday? I do remember placing multiple orders between Monday and Wednesday a year or 2 ago(most likely when gcu worked).

With that said, I agree. Early access wasn’t the best ever. But it was still decent. Overall I feel like all the sales this year are kind of lacking. Depending on what I decide to do with my tv purchase, I might pick up some games on CyberMonday. Or depending on the GameStop site Thursday, I might just use credit there.

The past 3-4 years I’ve spend enough at B.B. during Thanksgiving week to hit Elite/Elite Plus with those purchases alone. This year I’ve only spent $270, and that’s including the iPad I purchased for a gift.

I’ve narrowed my tv purchase down to the TCL605 or the Sony900e. Anyone want to sway me one way or the other?

I was eyeing on Disgaea 5 Complete as well, so I can at least understand the frustration behind it. It sounds like they didn't even have the item at all during Elite Early Access (not sure if they set the 19.99 price)...only to have it in stock at full price the following day. Let's see what happens at Thanksgiving Day/Black Friday.

@Bleedingwickedly-TCL605. I love the Sony900e but it is too close in price to oleds to warrant paying that much. I will just pay 400 more for the exact same size screen at newegg and get OLED  (LGB7), anyway you slice it, better picture with perfect blacks. Among the budget tvs TCL is great highly reveiwed across the board-go for the best value.

I thought the normal My Best Buy Member access was on Wednesday? I do remember placing multiple orders between Monday and Wednesday a year or 2 ago(most likely when gcu worked).

With that said, I agree. Early access wasn’t the best ever. But it was still decent. Overall I feel like all the sales this year are kind of lacking. Depending on what I decide to do with my tv purchase, I might pick up some games on CyberMonday. Or depending on the GameStop site Thursday, I might just use credit there.

The past 3-4 years I’ve spend enough at B.B. during Thanksgiving week to hit Elite/Elite Plus with those purchases alone. This year I’ve only spent $270, and that’s including the iPad I purchased for a gift.

I’ve narrowed my tv purchase down to the TCL605 or the Sony900e. Anyone want to sway me one way or the other?
Feel the same. I actually only purchased one game and that was because it stacked with GCU. Everything else I wanted (minus disgaea) is cheaper at other stores.

As far as the TV, it depends if you want to spend the extra money on the Sony or not. It's the better TV, but the TCL is the best bang for your buck, especially with the mover's or birthday coupon which I don't think works on Sony TVs.

So, I have some additional information about the Disgaea 5 availability and it's current Sold Out status.

After calling customer service and inquiring about its status, talking to several departments to better understand the issue, I was told that BestBuy does not currently have enough of the stock and has requested additional shipments from the manufacturer, NIS. From what I was told (or the rep was allowed to say, who knows), the intention was to have Disgaea 5 available with the Elite/Elite Plus access, and throughout the entire BF week. They did not have an estimated date that additional stock would be acquired, and were quite confused as to how the product was appearing in the system on their end.

At this point, I would not be at all surprised if the product remained OOS throughout the BF sale, proper. It's probably safer to mentally prepare for the letdown and to be pleasantly surprised if it does pull through and become available.
you do realize customer service is always full of shit right? They don't know anything about stock more than we do and just make up excuses to get you off the phone. As proof it's available right now for full price.

I'm also at a loss as to whether I should get TCL S405 ($360) or the Samsung MU7000 ($550). Both are 4K HDR enabled.  I'm looking at 49" models as I don't need anything too big and there's just no room in my room.

Leaning towards the TCL since they don't seem that different yet the pricing difference is still rather significant.  I'll primarily be using it to game on my PS4 Pro.

you do realize customer service is always full of shit right? They don't know anything about stock more than we do and just make up excuses to get you off the phone. As proof it's available right now for full price.
While I would normally agree with you, I do believe that this CS rep was competent.

While overall gaming deals have been somewhat subjective, I'm happy to have indulged in a few of their PC deals. A couple of Logitech G502's at $29.99, one G402 at $19.99, two ASUS 24" VG248QE monitors at $169.99 each.

For those interested (BF Early Access Extended) here are a couple of links:

Logitech Mice and Keyboards:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/computer-acc-logitech-g-series-savings?ref=8575135&loc=53e355c2c67911e7a3fbc258c79c70910INT&acampID=53e355c2c67911e7a3fbc258c79c70910INT

ASUS 24 LED FHD Monitor:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-24-led-fhd-monitor-black/8767099.p?skuId=8767099

Now trying to decide which mechanical keyboard to buy.  If anyone here has any experience with the Romer-G switches, I'd love to hear your opinion.  Especially if you were a Cherry MX Blue/Brown lover. :)

While overall gaming deals have been somewhat subjective, I'm happy to have indulged in a few of their PC deals. A couple of Logitech G502's at $29.99, one G402 at $19.99, two ASUS 24" VG248QE monitors at $169.99 each.

For those interested here are a couple links:

Logitech Mice and Keyboards:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/computer-acc-logitech-g-series-savings?ref=8575135&loc=53e355c2c67911e7a3fbc258c79c70910INT&acampID=53e355c2c67911e7a3fbc258c79c70910INT

ASUS 24 LED FHD Monitor:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-24-led-fhd-monitor-black/8767099.p?skuId=8767099
I own that Asus monitor for my Xbox. It's fucking excellent.

@Bleedingwickedly-TCL605. I love the Sony900e but it is too close in price to oleds to warrant paying that much. I will just pay 400 more for the exact same size screen at newegg and get OLED (LGB7), anyway you slice it, better picture with perfect blacks. Among the budget tvs TCL is great highly reveiwed across the board-go for the best value.
The reasons I was leaning towards the Sony. I’ve seen plenty of great reviews for both but about 1 out of every 10 TCL reviews talks about issues with the screen. I wanted to avoid having to try my luck. Also apparently the Sony is fairly close to the OLED quality. I need to try to get to a local store to compare both TVs, but the closest bb with both in stock is over 50 miles away. While I’m not extremely into video, if I had a dead pixel or a line on the tv, it’d drive me crazy.

Feel the same. I actually only purchased one game and that was because it stacked with GCU. Everything else I wanted (minus disgaea) is cheaper at other stores.

As far as the TV, it depends if you want to spend the extra money on the Sony or not. It's the better TV, but the TCL is the best bang for your buck, especially with the mover's or birthday coupon which I don't think works on Sony TVs.
I didn’t know mover coupons were still a thing.

I own that Asus monitor for my Xbox. It's fucking excellent.
That's the opinion of the majority....and bah gawd did I do my extensive research. For a monitor that came out in Jan. 2013, it still stands the test of time, for now at least. The build quality actually seems better, which isn't quite a shock, compared to not only it's own modern version, but other brand versions as well.

Not to mention since the price is $169.99, the 4 year Geek Squad Replacement Plan finally dropped from $29.99 to $19.99, the final factor that lead me to buying two of them.

Damn games still showing regular price for me
BF Early Access for Elite Members are over for most items. They are now doing BF Early Access Extended deals for certain items only. Seems like most if not all games are not active. Just PC's, Laptops, PC hardware, etc., and movies (many UHD movies are sold out though).

I got the email for the early access for My Best Buy Members. The only games on sale are South Park and Assassin's Creed so that's disappointing. Thought there would be more than that for early access today.

On the plus side, the Sonos speakers are all on sale so I was able to grab those early.

Instead of mybbmembers having similar early access. It seems their version is really limited. Only games currently on sale are South Park and AC Origins. This might change tomorrow, like I mentioned earlier. I guess this is another reason to try and hit Elite.

IMO Elite/Elite Plus should be able to shop deals before others. As long as they hold some stock for everyone else. Honestly Elite Plus should get it better than Elite. I never understood why it’s $1500/$3500, why should you spend over double to get the Plus.

Instead of mybbmembers having similar early access. It seems their version is really limited. Only games currently on sale are South Park and AC Origins. This might change tomorrow, like I mentioned earlier. I guess this is another reason to try and hit Elite.

IMO Elite/Elite Plus should be able to shop deals before others. As long as they hold some stock for everyone else. Honestly Elite Plus should get it better than Elite. I never understood why it’s $1500/$3500, why should you spend over double to get the Plus.
Elite plus gets free 2 day shipping, and in some cases overnight shipping for free all year. A nice perk, especially since on BBY you can't just buy that perk like prime.

I got the email for the early access for My Best Buy Members. The only games on sale are South Park and Assassin's Creed so that's disappointing. Thought there would be more than that for early access today.

On the plus side, the Sonos speakers are all on sale so I was able to grab those early.
very lame. i was hoping ww2 was $40. :(

Also had successful early access! Got Yakuza 0, dirt 4, knack 2, evil within 2, and wolf 2. Just waiting on Disgaea 5 which I know probably won't happen for me if it goes live in the middle of the night.

Sorry your experience hasn't been as good!
Wait a minute the early access event that I have available to me right now didn't have any of these titles in it. I wonder if I got a needed version since I'm not elite

Do we not get unlocked discounts on doorbusters? Crash is latex at $24.99, but no games unlocked on top of that.

Assassin's Creed is tempting at $35 but no PC version. Tempted to order it for PS4 and see if I'll find a PC deal by the time this would come and return it. In no rush. Still haven't touched Mario.

Seriously considering Puyo Puyo Tetris. I'm not a puzzle gamer at all, but I played the demo on Switch and really enjoyed the Puyo Puyo gameplay. Tetris is still difficult.

Seriously considering Puyo Puyo Tetris. I'm not a puzzle gamer at all, but I played the demo on Switch and really enjoyed the Puyo Puyo gameplay. Tetris is still difficult.
I was the opposite. Puyo Puyo Tetris was one of the first Switch games I bought when I picked it up. I grew up with Tetris, so that part was easy for me, but I never played a Puyo Puyo game before this and I couldn't wrap my head around it. It seemed like a lot more planning is involved with Puyo Puyo. It's a fun game, I'm just awful at the Puyo Puyo stages.

I was the opposite. Puyo Puyo Tetris was one of the first Switch games I bought when I picked it up. I grew up with Tetris, so that part was easy for me, but I never played a Puyo Puyo game before this and I couldn't wrap my head around it. It seemed like a lot more planning is involved with Puyo Puyo. It's a fun game, I'm just awful at the Puyo Puyo stages.
It took me a LONG time to figure out some of the strategy for Puyo Puyo. To get the 3 star results on some of those took me forever, but when it finally clicked, I had a lot more fun with the game.

Can someone please recommend me a good mechanical keyboard? There are so many logitechs on sale. Which is the best value with good keys like cherry mx reds or browns?

Also when i log into best buy i noticed it says the early access sale only lasts for 3 more hrs? That's weird be because didn't it just start tonight after the elite plus had all of monday in advance? So it will end for us by morning and we don't get to shop in store?

Or what is going on?
K70 RGB. I love Logitech but they use their own Romer-G for keyboards, and I think the only thing using CMX is the 610. If I were getting a Logitech Keyboard I’d hunt down a G710 or G710+

900e is one the best hdtvs you can buy. tcl pales in comparsion

Assassin's Creed is tempting at $35 but no PC version. Tempted to order it for PS4 and see if I'll find a PC deal by the time this would come and return it. In no rush. Still haven't touched Mario.
Get a key off eBay, I paid $35 for mine and redeemed it on the manufacturer site. I had it on Xbox one, playing it on the one x it’s a beauty but 30fps sucks when you’re not used to it. You’ll like it on pc better, for sure

The reasons I was leaning towards the Sony. I’ve seen plenty of great reviews for both but about 1 out of every 10 TCL reviews talks about issues with the screen. I wanted to avoid having to try my luck. Also apparently the Sony is fairly close to the OLED quality. I need to try to get to a local store to compare both TVs, but the closest bb with both in stock is over 50 miles away. While I’m not extremely into video, if I had a dead pixel or a line on the tv, it’d drive me crazy.

I didn’t know mover coupons were still a thing.
I have the TCL and love it so far. It seemed like a lot of the screen issues that were reported came from the initial release of the TV. Admittedly, I haven't bothered to keep up with reviews of it since I bought mine.

Personally, I think savings are worth the risk of playing screen lottery.

Get a key off eBay, I paid $35 for mine and redeemed it on the manufacturer site. I had it on Xbox one, playing it on the one x it’s a beauty but 30fps sucks when you’re not used to it. You’ll like it on pc better, for sure
Agreed. Even on Scorpio it's just not worth all the bells and whistles unless it's 60fps. I've been really impressed by all the Scorpio games running at 60fps but everything else should definitely be played on PC.

That's funny! I grew up with Tetris too (on the Game Boy), but I was never good at it. I was instantly reminded of this. I lost almost immediately. I have never played a Puyo Puyo game either, however, I won both times I played. It's just matching 4 of the same color in any sort of order. Easy enough for me!

It took me a LONG time to figure out some of the strategy for Puyo Puyo. To get the 3 star results on some of those took me forever, but when it finally clicked, I had a lot more fun with the game.
I doubt I'll ever get those high start ratings, but the demo was quite enjoyable.

I bought an X900E a couple months ago. It's easily the best looking television I've owned. I bought into the Samsung hype but those black levels were atrocious from day one. Had the Samsung for three years before it crapped out.

I love everything about this display and haven't upgraded to 4k fully yet. It's also the cleanest (or probably realest) 120hz motion if you like that feature.

bread's done
Back