Best Buy Black Friday 2017

so glad I had disgaea 5 in my cart when the sale went live and just refreshed and quickly bought while the site was working....

now to sit here trying to get everything else I want... and watch it spin spin spin @_@

Rofl now I get an error message saying Best buy.com is temp unavailable. Check back soon or visit your local store.  What?!? After waiting this long and they shut down the site.  Ugh!

I was finally able to check out, got a confirmation number but didn't bother to take a screenshot, when I went back to the main site it said the site was unavailable...wonder if my order went through.

"Hey, we're going to make so much money on Black Friday. Think we should spend a little to upgrade our servers?"

"..."

"BAHAHAHAHA!"

Not sure why anyone would buy games during this sale.. going off last year, they ran the same prices several times through the month of December which enabled GCU making the prices much better than they were on black Friday.. expecting the same this year.

I finally managed to get to the payment method page, and they said my order was processing. But when the spinning progress wheel stopped, it took me back to the payment method page. Now I'm not sure if my order went through or not, and their website isn't working.

Damn just as some of you are saying it worked, it seems to have gotten worse for me.  Can't even get to the Cart now.

Not sure why anyone would buy games during this sale.. going off last year, they ran the same prices several times through the month of December which enabled GCU making the prices much better than they were on black Friday.. expecting the same this year.
But GCU stacks now...

"There was a problem adding this item to your order"

"Heads up! This item is limited to 2 per order!"

....Whelp guess it's time to take a look at what's actually made it to my cart over the past hour

I hear you and I hope that is the case. If I manage to get any of these games and they have the same price later (with GCU) I'll just rebuy them. But what I'm really after are the iPads. We've been using one that is like 3-4 years old and I finally want to upgrade. They had a $400 one for $275 and another one at $250. I'm trying to get one of each. They are usually never more than $20-$50 off.

Man, I'm just trying to checkout a few movies. At this point, I feel like I should just wait for Target in an hour and try there.

Bioshock the collection is $14.99 for both PS4 and Xbox One.  Which system loads faster?  I have googled it for 10 minutes and can't find an answer.

I can see this happening for some of the bigger games but not Disgaea.

This is their way of telling you to spend $1,500 become elite & shop early!

You didn't want to now NO SALES FOR YOU!

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like I'm being teased, this is like the 10th time disgaea has went from sold out to add to cart and I keep trying, definition of insanity oh well

Nice. So while I'm waiting for the BestBuy website to load and give me errors i head to GameStop and now my cart has disappeared and I got the Game Over screen. Power to the players.

Not everything was available early.

I grabbed most everything I wanted days ago but Sonic and Disgaea 5 were normal price until an hour ago.

Oh well I'll just sit here with my NIS LE.

Problem with that was not everything was on sale for us Elites, not to mention some things OOS at the time. In fact, some items are a bit cheaper now too.

Now their site can't handle the current customer load. Apparently, the load is too big for them to swallow. ;)

After getting Disgaea right off the bat I went back for that $30 128GB SD card. Been unable to checkout for an hour now. I surrender, off to bed, maybe they'll still have it in the morning.

majority of the games that people are clamoring for probably won't see that happen. I don't see how Disgaea 5 goes on sale for $20 again

The wheel is still spinning in processing order and then I receive an email saying my order is accepted. Looking at the total, they did not charge me tax. Anyone else notice that (not that I am complaining)?

I've been able to get to the second to last page for the past hour, and now I just got a message saying my shipping date has changed from the 29th to the 4th. What the hell?!

This sucks. I had my cart filled and got to the checkout screen. Put in my credit card info, and got kicked back to the shopping cart. Now I can't check out at all.

This sucks. I had my cart filled and got to the checkout screen. Put in my credit card info, and got kicked back to the shopping cart. Now I can't check out at all.
Same thing just happened to me. Was finally able to place the order and now I'm stuck on the "Something went wrong" page

Would hate to be an IT admin at an online shopping site for these sales... can't imagine you get alot of pleasant phone calls from managers

I don't remember BB getting this bad in the previous years. Oh well...I'm likely counting out too. Hopefully when I wake up what I want is still available (just a few games and some DC animated movies. They are aight).

I decided to go with the Xbox One version of the Bioshock collection since I have more storage on that console but I click checkout and it just gives me a loading screen and then sends me back to the checkout screen.

Just got the something went wrong screen.

bread's done
Back