Best Buy Black Friday 2017

I decided I wanted a few blu rays as xmas gifts, but it won't let me checkout under my account. Only as a guest.

Will not allow BB to rob me of points, sorry. I'll give it another hour while I still have some energy in me. If not by then, I'm out.

Probably want the rewards points from the purchase added to their account.
it kept on dropping my login, so I finally just went through as guest (after having to remove the stupid photo service free add that requires you to sign up with an account), I'll just get the points applied afterward when the network ports aren't all filled to the brim

I have an account that it keeps signing me out of, and then it is making me create an account in the purchase area.

Even though my first order "went through" I resubmitted since I never got a confirmation email and it didn't appear in my order history.  Looks like it's in my history now but no email (probably since it says they are having issues calculating tax).

Still no luck, can't log in and use my reward certificates. I'll try again in the morning. I've yet to have a positive experience using BestBuy; if it weren't for GCU applying to LEs I'd abandon the site entirely. Tonight was another shining example of their ineptitude.

For those of you having a problem with the website.  Just use the mobile app on your phone.  Went smoothly for me with no problems after I verified myself.

Kept signing me out on the website at checkout. Switched to the mobile app and it kept me signed in all the way to the end. Only problem was it didn’t treat me as an elite member for shipping, so 2-day shipping was like $13 - only standard shipping was free, so expected delivery is Dec 4th. Not the worse thing in the world, but I may call about it tomorrow if I have a free moment.

For those of you having a problem with the website. Just use the mobile app on your phone. Went smoothly for me with no problems after I verified myself.
That was logging me out same as the website. Looks like their tax system is down and they will charge later, maybe why some haven't received the emails yet.

I can second the mobile app. It worked without any issues for me. Order was placed 10 minutes ago. No email yet...but order shows in my purchase/order history.

When I placed my order on the app, I started from scratch.  I emptied the cart and added the items by searching them individually without touching the back friday sale link.  Maybe that will make a difference

Kept signing me out on the website at checkout. Switched to the mobile app and it kept me signed in all the way to the end. Only problem was it didn’t treat me as an elite member for shipping, so 2-day shipping was like $13 - only standard shipping was free, so expected delivery is Dec 4th. Not the worse thing in the world, but I may call about it tomorrow if I have a free moment.
Mobile app worked for me as well.

Doesn't help. The mobile version also logs you out as soon as you try to checkout.
I found a work-around to get passed this shit, I'll post it once I finish my checkout and test to see if all is clear and good.

UPDATE: OK, all seems good. My order went through just fine. The only thing is in my Order History there is a note that tax isn't currently applied to the order due to issue in their system, but tax will be applied. But everything else looks good, prices are correct, shipping is free. No email confirmation though, but I'm sure that will come.

I'll post the how-to in new post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Put in an order as a guest....still no email. Put in another order using the Best Buy app and was able to redeem my certs and the order is showing up under recent purchases but still no email either lol. Hopefully i receive an email soon so i can finally go to sleep!

For those of you having a problem with the website. Just use the mobile app on your phone. Went smoothly for me with no problems after I verified myself.
Worked for me. Thanks! Now if only when I add Forza 7 ultimate to my cart it would stay $59.99

The mobile app worked for me as well. I had to sign in and enter all my shipping information again. But, I was able to use reward certs and a gift card.

Doesn't help. The mobile version also logs you out as soon as you try to checkout.
Kept logging me out on PC. Installed the Best Buy app on the Android and finally could finish check out from there, it did ask me to re-login during checkout, but it went thru fine.

OK, for those that want to checkout using your PC and stay logged in your account through checkout, do the following:

1. After logging in and selecting items, click cart button.

2. In your cart, right-click over the cart button to open another cart in a new tab/window.

3. In your newly opened cart (2nd tab/window), click the Checkout button.

4. You will transition to next screen and be logged out.

5. Go back to the first, original tab/window and refresh page, then log back in.

6. Go back to the 2nd tab/window and refresh page.

7. Notice you are now logged back in and can continue through the rest of the checkout process completely and use rewards tied to your account as well.

Enjoy! :)

Kept logging me out on PC. Installed the Best Buy app on the Android and finally could finish check out from there, it did ask me to re-login during checkout, but it went thru fine.
Yeah, it works from the app. Not from the mobile site in your phone's browser, you have to go get the app from the App Store.

Anyone having issues with the log-in/log-out @ checkout. Having two tabs opened worked for me.

Steps:

1. Go through the process until checkout logs you out as guest

2. open 2nd tab and log back into best buy main page

3. reload first tab (the one with the checkout screen)

4. profit

Edit: SmileyMcSmiles beat me to it.

OK, this is BS. I have always followed the rules of Best Buy never ordering more than the max of 3 per GCU title and I think they banned my account. I did make a couple returns this year of Switch systems, but that was because the launch unit had defective Wi-Fi (less than 1 mbps), and my replacement had a scratched screen straight out of the box. I did make a lot of purchases recently for Black Friday Early Access, but stayed within quantity limits and didn't make multiple orders of the same item. I went in the store the other day to ask about my Mario Cappy coin they never delivered with my Mario Odyssey preorder and I noticed them browsing their computer and chatting for awhile and I think they flagged my account during that time. They told me I'd need to contact FedEx since they were supposed to ship the item.

I called Fed Ex and they said they never got the Cappy Coin from Best Buy and to contact them. So I called up, and the employee said she wouldn't be able to help me, and that they didn't have an order number. I told her I did have an order number and could provide it but she kept repeating the same phrase. Then the next day, I got an email saying they accepted a return for the Cappy coin, which I neither received nor returned. I'm not happy because now when I log in nothing happens. I tried to order a 4k movie and I had to fill out shipping data and no longer had fast shipping from my elite plus. I think the woman at the store might have flagged me before when I returned the Switch with the scratched screen and she said I was going to resell it which I did not do, I bought it for myself and just wanted a system in new condition like it was supposed to be.

Last edited:
Why is it making me checkout as a guest for when I'm signed in?
I put in an order as a guest and then was able to add it to my account afterwards. Just go to guest order status and then you can log in and add it to you regular account. I hope this means it gets RZ credit and all that.

Just got an email confirmation for the order i did as guest. Still waiting on email confirmation from the order i made using the Best Buy app. 

EDIT: Finally received my email confirmation for the order i placed with the app. Went back and cancelled the order i made as a guest. Only took about an hour of waiting for the email lol

Whoever mentioned the 128gb sandisk sd card at bb for $30ish, Amazon just dropped the 200gb down to $49.99

If you are still trying to get that, Amazon's servers are not screwed right now lol.

Whoever mentioned the 128gb sandisk sd card at bb for $30ish, Amazon just dropped the 200gb down to $49.99

If you are still trying to get that, Amazon's servers are not screwed right now lol.
Do these work on the Switch? I'm clueless about that system but I have one put away in the closet for my son's birthday next week.

Anyone having issues with the log-in/log-out @ checkout. Having two tabs opened worked for me.

Steps:

1. Go through the process until checkout logs you out as guest

2. open 2nd tab and log back into best buy main page

3. reload first tab (the one with the checkout screen)

4. profit

Edit: SmileyMcSmiles beat me to it.
live saver thank you. I don't have my bestbuy credit card with me right now and I couldn't place an order because it kept logging me out.

:lol:  Oh crap I just checked online and apparently I got a third order through with a 3rd iPad on it that I did on the app - didn't think it worked because the app just went back to the main page after I submitted my order.  Oh well.  I'll keep it in case any other family members are looking for cheap iPads.  Don't think we need 3 new ones!

OK, for those that want to checkout using your PC and stay logged in your account through checkout, do the following:

1. After logging in and selecting items, click cart button.

2. In your cart, right-click over the cart button to open another cart in a new tab/window.

3. In your newly opened cart (2nd tab/window), click the Checkout button.

4. You will transition to next screen and be logged out.

5. Go back to the first, original tab/window and refresh page, then log back in.

6. Go back to the 2nd tab/window and refresh page.

7. Notice you are now logged back in and can continue through the rest of the checkout process completely and use rewards tied to your account as well.

Enjoy! :)
Dammit I should have read this before I placed my order. Now I won't get my rewardzone points since i completed the order as a guest =(

bread's done
Back