Best Buy Black Friday Specials Online NOW

Is the wii console worth it for people in California? I forgot if California adds that $25 electronic tax for video game consoles.

[quote name='dejeckt']Is the wii console worth it for people in California? I forgot if California adds that $25 electronic tax for video game consoles.[/QUOTE]

Not aware of that. I know about recycling fees for electronics with LCDs, but not for just a console. If so, Dell forgot to charge someone... :whistle2:\"

[quote name='gantt']Not aware of that. I know about recycling fees for electronics with LCDs, but not for just a console. If so, Dell forgot to charge someone... :whistle2:\"[/QUOTE]

Good to know...hopefully the console will still be available later today. Finally, jumping on the Wii bandwagon :)

[quote name='dejeckt']Is the wii console worth it for people in California? I forgot if California adds that $25 electronic tax for video game consoles.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they do that, just the normal 9.something tax.

I bought 2 consoles in the past 2 months and didn't get a $25 tax.

[quote name='AXV1']I don't think they do that, just the normal 9.something tax.

I bought 2 consoles in the past 2 months and didn't get a $25 tax.[/QUOTE]

Yea, its probably my memory messing with me. The most electronics I buy from stores are monitors so maybe that's why (every time I see that $25 on the receipt it surprises me).

Best Buy's website is horseshit I'm trying to change the shipping address and it keeps saying "select a valid address"

I don't want it going to my old apartment what the fuck best buy

Called 888BestBuy and they said they got an email from corporate stating it should be updated no later than 0800. I asked 0800 EST, PST, or what? They did not know.

Just a heads up, certain items will only let you add them from the product page (Spartacus BR is my example) and say coming soon when searched. But all seems live right now on actual product pages.

ya just click the item to see a add to cart on some items, just bought BF: BC2 Ultimate Edition for $29!

[quote name='bigsyxxy']Just a heads up, certain items will only let you add them from the product page (Spartacus BR is my example) and say coming soon when searched. But all seems live right now on actual product pages.[/QUOTE]

Not working on the computer I want. Back to hitting F5 every two minutes for me.

Lots of items are up now. Got the order for the computer I wanted in.

So glad I don't have to go to the store.

Thank you based god for the internet.

+1 for Saving Private Ryan on Blu-ray! $10.96 after sales tax and free shipping, sweet.

Can't wait to watch Mellish get stabbed to death in 1080p.

besides the movies, I got WoW for $5.xx + $5 gift card and free shipping. Nice this'll get me a months game time on my current account since I'm going to give this to a friend and have him do refer-a-friend =)

Glad to see they were back in stock on NFS:HP (or maybe they were just holding inventory until today). I had $20 in RZ certificates go live last week. Picked up NFS:HP for $15.

Damn it all I wanted from them was the NHL Slapshot game with two hockey sticks. It wasn't up for sale yet as of after 1 AM PST. It was sold out when I woke up at 7 AM. Ugh.

fucking amazon, what a load of shit! Best Buy already has Predators, Saving Private Ryan, Prince of Persia all on blu for $9.99 and amazon isn't going to have them until tomorrow for their lame ass gold box lightning deals. Fry's sale prices are live, same with Target and Best Buy...but Amazon wants to play these bullshit games spreading pricematching deals all over the week. Guess they don't mind losing sales this year.

MATCH THE fuckING PRICES, AMAZON!

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered all my stuff, but I still have to go to the store with the gf tomorrow. Eh, at least I've got Hot Pursuit and Smackdown vs. Raw guaranteed

[quote name='karkyco']fucking amazon, what a load of shit! Best Buy already has Predators, Saving Private Ryan, Prince of Persia all on blu for $9.99 and amazon isn't going to have them until tomorrow for their lame ass gold box deals. MATCH THE fuckING PRICE, AMAZON![/QUOTE]

Sounds like Amazon has spoiled you.

[quote name='karkyco']fucking amazon, what a load of shit! Best Buy already has Predators, Saving Private Ryan, Prince of Persia all on blu for $9.99 and amazon isn't going to have them until tomorrow for their lame ass gold box deals. MATCH THE fuckING PRICE, AMAZON![/QUOTE]

I was going to wait on Amazon for SPR but screw 'em, I'll pay the extra 64 cents and secure it at BB.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I was going to wait on Amazon for SPR but screw 'em, I'll pay the extra 64 cents and secure it at BB.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I did. Plus I have free shipping with them, so I only had to pay the tax on the movies. Did 2x orders of SPR for gifts. Fine with me to save my ass from waiting at certain time of the day or going into B&M stores =)

I said this in another thread, but I'll say it again. All these retailers are jumping the gun and breaking their ad dates to beat competitors to the punch. Amazon already is price matching everyone, but the reason you're pissed off is not Amazon's fault. I too was caught off-guard and missed some deals last night because of this shit.

The Logitech Harmony 650 5 Device Universal Remote is on sale for $49.99. I've been waiting for a good deal on one of these!

[quote name='AXV1']I don't think they do that, just the normal 9.something tax.

I bought 2 consoles in the past 2 months and didn't get a $25 tax.[/QUOTE]
In Cali. I only ended up paying the $25 tax when I bought my TV and NONE on my PS3.

Thanks OP you just saved me a trip to BB.... I bought Mafia II, MGS 4 and Star Wars TFU with a $50 GC plus they had free shipping, all I payed was tax

[quote name='Jodou']I said this in another thread, but I'll say it again. All these retailers are jumping the gun and breaking their ad dates to beat competitors to the punch. Amazon already is price matching everyone, but the reason you're pissed off is not Amazon's fault. I too was caught off-guard and missed some deals last night because of this shit.[/QUOTE]

I was up at 3 AM to get Mad Men and I missed the fucking LOTR deal (had no idea they would have matched that) and the DBZ for $10 (which would have been a gift to a co-worker who loved the first...why I dunno)

[quote name='karkyco']fucking amazon, what a load of shit! Best Buy already has Predators, Saving Private Ryan, Prince of Persia all on blu for $9.99 and amazon isn't going to have them until tomorrow for their lame ass gold box lightning deals. Fry's sale prices are live, same with Target and Best Buy...but Amazon wants to play these bullshit games spreading pricematching deals all over the week. Guess they don't mind losing sales this year.

MATCH THE fuckING PRICES, AMAZON![/QUOTE]

yeah, i'm gonna go ahead and say that amazon is gonna do fine this year without your purchases. :roll:

why do people get so mad at retailers? if their sales aren't good, isn't the logical thing to just buy it somewhere else.

I see Gamestop has ACB at regular price on Friday. I might snicker at them but I'm not gonna throw a fit about it.

[quote name='joshnorm']I was up at 3 AM to get Mad Men and I missed the fucking LOTR deal (had no idea they would have matched that) and the DBZ for $10 (which would have been a gift to a co-worker who loved the first...why I dunno)[/QUOTE]

What lotr deal are you talking about?

Wow thanks OP. Was able to tell my wife to pick up Adobe Photoshop elements and Premiere elements for $75 for a Christmas present for me. She wasn't too keen on going to BestBuy on friday. Yippee!

bread's done
Back