Best Buy - Buy 1 PS3 game, get 1 50% off - starting 9/6/09

chuckywang

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Buy 1, get 1 50% off on PS3 games at BestBuy.com

Buy Any PS3 Game $59.99 or less and get a SECOND PS3 game 50% off
Titles shown:$59.99
Infamous, Killzone 2, MLB 09 The Show, Madden 10, Tiger Woods 10, Wolfenstein, Call of Duty WaW, Resident Evil 5, Batman Arkham Asylum, Guitar Hero 5

$49.99
Call of Duty 4

$39.99
Street Fighter IV

$29.99
Assassin's Creed, Metal Gear Solid 4, Grand Theft Auto IV, Midnight Club Los Angeles

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, interesting. I'll be keeping an eye out for this one. They are probably most likely doing this to clear inventory up for all the big fall titles.

[quote name='Jhriad']Wait... What? I was under the impression that my points could be banked as long as I wanted.

EDIT: Still not seeing what you're talking about. This only says you'll lose your points if fail to update your account on the Reward Zone website by the end of October. Seems like an easy thing to avoid.
[/QUOTE]

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Po...0;jsessionid=EFC49A1DEABD975406A12406EE033BDD

read the question about it becoming an annual program. all points earned in a calender year will be cashed out on feb 1st the following year and balance set to 0.

PS. go to the website and look at the preorder listing... there is no alpha protocol, demon soul, or fx13.

[quote name='Raye']Awesome. Going to get The Beatles: Rock Band for sure.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I also just picked up Blazblue LE from BB not even a few weeks ago. Looks like a return and re-buy situation here :)

[quote name='Jinque']PS. go to the website and look at the preorder listing... there is no alpha protocol, demon soul, or fx13.[/QUOTE]

I thought about getting FF13 as part of the current 360 deal, and then I realized that it will definitely have a limited edition, and that limited edition could potentially be really cool.

yea i wouldn't go for anything so far off.. don't know if they'll announce a CE or maybe amazon/gs will give a badass preorder bonus.

Same here. I also just picked up Blazblue LE from BB not even a few weeks ago. Looks like a return and re-buy situation here

Does that work? They have no reason to accept a return on BlazBlue in the first place. I know it works with GS used games...

At first I didn't care about this cause it only ends up being like $45 a game, but I just got a $20 gift card from the Reward Zone and I have this other $5 gift card, so now I'm hopin this is for real, wooo! Now just to decide what two games I want.

[quote name='mkelehan']I thought about getting FF13 as part of the current 360 deal, and then I realized that it will definitely have a limited edition, and that limited edition could potentially be really cool.[/QUOTE]

Look at it this way, the release date for FFXIII in Japan is being announced on the 8th. Meaning, every special bundle for it is being announced as well. If a LE isn't announced there, you can guarantee there won't be one for the US.

If there is...I guess that means Uncharted 2, Ratchet, or GOWIII. But the latter is most likely going to have a sweet LE.

[quote name='mkelehan']Demon's Souls isn't on their site, so that's out. Unless it's in by then. A man can hope.[/QUOTE]

You can have my import copy for less than what a new copy will cost($60-70 depending on version), since I'm fairly certain I'm never going to play it again. :roll:

I said I wanted a challenging game, but sheesh...you die....start from the beginning of the level...you die....go back to the beginning. Repeat till frustrated. :cry:

As for me, if BB still did clearances on games after they've been out for so long I'd have definitely bit on this deal, but the way it is all my local BB has is 15 copies of Rock Revolution for $5 on their clearance rack.

as long as this works for preorders, I think I'm going to get 2 of Uncharted 2. This way I get both for a total of $90, and 2 preorder bonuses (golden guns code). I'll then flip one set of them on ebay for hopefully more than retail cost, since I know golden weapon codes can net a fair price on their own. I saw some golden proton packs go for $20+ on ebay.

The problem with b1g1 half off deals is you're bound to find games on sale for $40 within a month or two of release, at which point your already saving some money. If you must have the game immediately, it's a different story, of course.

Wow, I wish this was confirmed. I've got some RZ certificates that I was probably going to spend on the 360 sale this week, but I'd hold them for a PS3 sale if I was sure it was happening because there are some PS3-specific games that I want. I'd hate to wait for it, find out that it wasn't true, and end up missing out altogether, though.

[quote name='arcane93']Wow, I wish this was confirmed. I've got some RZ certificates that I was probably going to spend on the 360 sale this week, but I'd hold them for a PS3 sale if I was sure it was happening because there are some PS3-specific games that I want. I'd hate to wait for it, find out that it wasn't true, and end up missing out altogether, though.[/QUOTE]Wait until the ad is posted around the end of the week, as that should be all the confirmation that you need.

[quote name='Jhriad']Wait... What? I was under the impression that my points could be banked as long as I wanted.

EDIT: Still not seeing what you're talking about. This only says you'll lose your points if fail to update your account on the Reward Zone website by the end of October. Seems like an easy thing to avoid.
[/QUOTE]
Not anymore, it's becoming an annual program. Looks like they changed it to FEB 1st now? On February 1st of the following year, all points earned but not redeemed during the previous year will be cashed out to the $5 level, and all remaining balances under 250 points will be forfeited.

Hopefully they mean you can use them when they say cash out... So far it looks like gamer club points will not be affected.

I there any way i can apply my $20 Gift card on god of war 3 and then get the 50% off on FFXIII, Tekken 6, or uncharted 2?

Sweet! Glad I didn't preorder Rock Band Beatles already. Hopefully I can use my $25 Reward Zone GC and pick up Rock Band Beatles and get Uncharted 2 for $10 after RZ GC and tax!

[quote name='J7.']Not anymore, it's becoming an annual program. Looks like they changed it to FEB 1st now? On February 1st of the following year, all points earned but not redeemed during the previous year will be cashed out to the $5 level, and all remaining balances under 250 points will be forfeited.

Hopefully they mean you can use them when they say cash out... So far it looks like gamer club points will not be affected.[/QUOTE]

That's the way I read it. In February they will cash any points you have into the certificates. (I think you have 60-120 days or so to redeem them, so watch that trap as well.) They mention if you have less than 250 pts ($5 certificate) they will be forfieted. Failing to verify you email by october will hose you out of ALL your points.

Although not a deal, hopefully a sticky will be allowed to remind everyone about the October verification date as it approaches.

Hmmm....I hope Fallout 3:GOTY works for this.

I was on the fence about Dirt 2 and actually had canceled my pre-order after demo, but with what amounts to 25% off I may reconsider.

Also with the RZ situation, if I already get my certificates via email, that should mean I am verified correct?

[quote name='Jinque']yea i wouldn't go for anything so far off.. don't know if they'll announce a CE or maybe amazon/gs will give a badass preorder bonus.

Does that work? They have no reason to accept a return on BlazBlue in the first place. I know it works with GS used games...[/QUOTE]

If you buy something from BB and it goes on sale or has a promo in their ad the following week, you can just bring your receipt in and they will price match their own product doing a return/re-buy. Done it several times on other products.

It just teaches me a lesson to always check their next ads even if I'm not planning on buying something that week.

Cool, thanks for the heads up, OP! I was just thinking that Best Buy should've added PS3 games to this week's ad.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Arg. Jumped back up to the first, huh. Doesn't hurt to have two, double the exposure![/QUOTE]

I suppose that's one way of looking at it. :D I'm sure Best Buy would agree.

[quote name='richdmoore']That's the way I read it. In February they will cash any points you have into the certificates. (I think you have 60-120 days or so to redeem them, so watch that trap as well.) They mention if you have less than 250 pts ($5 certificate) they will be forfieted. Failing to verify you email by october will hose you out of ALL your points.

Although not a deal, hopefully a sticky will be allowed to remind everyone about the October verification date as it approaches.[/QUOTE]

Had me scared again so I looked around and according to this the annual cash out won't affect Reward Zone Silver members. Whew.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You can have my import copy for less than what a new copy will cost($60-70 depending on version), since I'm fairly certain I'm never going to play it again. :roll:
[/QUOTE]

The problem is, I've got some US folk I wish to co-op with. Thanks anyway.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Hmmm....I hope Fallout 3:GOTY works for this.

I was on the fence about Dirt 2 and actually had canceled my pre-order after demo, but with what amounts to 25% off I may reconsider.

Also with the RZ situation, if I already get my certificates via email, that should mean I am verified correct?[/QUOTE]
Yes I would say so, but it won't hurt to check your account some time in October.

If they can get GT5 in for pre-orders by next week then I will be getting that and CoD: MW2 or Uncharted 2.

i can pay off preorders with giftcards online right? i think im pretty solid on getting uncharted2/ modern warfare 2

BB sucks. No Demon's Soul. Ugh. This sucks. Hopefully they get Demon's Soul up by next week. Then that + Uncharted 2/ RaCF:CiT

[quote name='Tech Star']If they can get GT5 in for pre-orders by next week then I will be getting that and CoD: MW2 or Uncharted 2.[/QUOTE]

Same here, just add ratchet and clank and that's my games for this year. Just need to be up early Sunday for this...that is if they have a cap on preorders

btw, do they charge right away on preorders if made online?

[quote name='mkelehan']The problem is, I've got some US folk I wish to co-op with. Thanks anyway.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome. Just watch out for those pesky assassins who can try and come in to kill you in your own game. That's another fun thing you can do in the game, is invade someone else's and try to kill them. At least, I remember hearing something about something like that anyway.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You're welcome. Just watch out for those pesky assassins who can try and come in to kill you in your own game. That's another fun thing you can do in the game, is invade someone else's and try to kill them. At least, I remember hearing something about something like that anyway.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember reading that too. Lame. Fortunately I'm not a big fan of multi-player for the most part anyway, so if that really becomes a problem and there's no other way to disable it, I'll just pull the network cable before I play that game.

I wish these deals could be at the same time. Easier to mix and match games, and then I could think better "which platform do I actually want this on?"

[quote name='TheMadMonk']I'll definitely pick up a few $29.99 titles I've been waiting for, assuming this is true.[/QUOTE]

I just traded in my 360 for a PS3 slim and I'm excited to be able to pick up a few Greatest Hits games for cheap. I've already played through Uncharted a couple times and now I'm working on Dead Space, so this deal will be awesome to expand my library.

wwe101...not really, I mean they can do whatever they want for their sale. Doesn't seem that weird to me to exclude preorders.

I like that at least it's everything, and they actually have a real selection. Amazon's got a Platinum Hits sale right now that hardly has anything (actually a few really good games, but I already own them) but mostly junk

bread's done
Back