Best Buy - Buy 1 PS3 game, get 1 50% off - starting 9/6/09

chuckywang

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Buy 1, get 1 50% off on PS3 games at BestBuy.com

Buy Any PS3 Game $59.99 or less and get a SECOND PS3 game 50% off
Titles shown:$59.99
Infamous, Killzone 2, MLB 09 The Show, Madden 10, Tiger Woods 10, Wolfenstein, Call of Duty WaW, Resident Evil 5, Batman Arkham Asylum, Guitar Hero 5

$49.99
Call of Duty 4

$39.99
Street Fighter IV

$29.99
Assassin's Creed, Metal Gear Solid 4, Grand Theft Auto IV, Midnight Club Los Angeles

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tightclaws']No longer give a crap about this deal BB sucks.[/QUOTE]

That's a given. I maybe buy something there once a year or so. I guess it might be twice since I bought a few things during the $10 sale earlier this year.

[quote name='Wolfpup']wwe101...not really, I mean they can do whatever they want for their sale. Doesn't seem that weird to me to exclude preorders.

I like that at least it's everything, and they actually have a real selection. Amazon's got a Platinum Hits sale right now that hardly has anything (actually a few really good games, but I already own them) but mostly junk[/QUOTE]

I was surprised they were allowing pre-orders to begin with...

I guess this means Fallout 3 GOTY is out of the question, but DiRT 2 will be out next week...now I just need to think of a second title.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']I was surprised they were allowing pre-orders to begin with...

I guess this means Fallout 3 GOTY is out of the question, but DiRT 2 will be out next week...now I just need to think of a second title.[/QUOTE]
I'm with you on DiRT 2. The demo for the PS3 was quite awesome, especially the presentation. I will be picking this up along with The Beatles Rock Band (standalone copy).

I just hope both are available in store on 9.9.09.

[quote name='ajumbaje']Same here, just add ratchet and clank and that's my games for this year. Just need to be up early Sunday for this...that is if they have a cap on preorders

btw, do they charge right away on preorders if made online?[/QUOTE]

Yeah they do, according the the X360 thread.

If they stopped Pre-Orders and won't allow it for us, then this deal is crap to me.

It's too bad they won't allow pre-orders. I have a $5 coupon from RZ and I would've liked to pick up the gold weapons for Uncharted 2.:whistle2:/

[quote name='chelosera91']I got a question.....I just bought SR2 for $30 yesterday, can I bring the receipt the 6th and get another game for $15?[/QUOTE]

Sure, it's called a return/rebuy.

now i cant get my modern warfare 2/ uncharted 2, fack you bestbuy!!!! i will buy them somewhere else if you dont allow pre orders

Anyone know if they have a list of games that are valid for the offer yet ? Id love to see what kinda preorders we can get into.

Im looking through all their ps3 games for a solid deal, and the only 19.99 game that jumps out as a MUST buy to me is Untold Legends. I just wish I could find a good 19.99 game to match up with it.

[quote name='dcm1602']Anyone know if they have a list of games that are valid for the offer yet ? Id love to see what kinda preorders we can get into.

Im looking through all their ps3 games for a solid deal, and the only 19.99 game that jumps out as a MUST buy to me is Untold Legends. I just wish I could find a good 19.99 game to match up with it.[/QUOTE]

if you don't already have it, Burnout Paradise would be an excellent decision.

Based off the games you can see in that ad, this deal suddenly looks like its going to suck. If they dont include preorders for even a limited time, its pretty much useless as far as im concerned.

[quote name='dcm1602']Based off the games you can see in that ad, this deal suddenly looks like its going to suck. If they dont include preorders for even a limited time, its pretty much useless as far as im concerned.[/QUOTE]

It says "buy any", not "buy any OF THESE"... I doubt it'll include pre-orders but the deal itself seems ok.

All the older games you can find bargains on from other websites that are usually a bit cheaper and tax free.

And for the new releases (batman, madden, guitar hero, wolfenstein) theres already been a ton of deals for them.

Looking through all the full price games they offer they are either offered cheaper elsewhere or preorder only.

I think a lot of people are going to be extremely disappointed with the selection if it excludes preorders.

Good thing The Beatles game comes out this week! That and Guitar Hero 5 and free Van Halen is way too much music. lol

[quote name='1NintendoFan']It'd be nice if this was the case. I like the PS3, but my game collection is severely lacking. I also find that the PS3 is the hardest system to find good deals on games for. Every store I've been to has a fraction of the PS3 games in clearance as any other systems, and unfortunately for me, none of the games are the ones I like. With the Blu-Ray and all, I can see it being more likely to have higher prices, but I rarely find good deals on PS3. PS2, on the other hand I can find tons of games for (unfortunately I don't have one), 360 I do okay with finding stuff, Wii I can find some, but generally it is more shovelware than anything and DS I do okay on, but the games seem to be older than what you can find on other systems, but my experience.

But anyway, I'd love to see a deal like this for PS3. Not sure what I would pick up, but there could be something. I'd love to see Best Buy do a deal like Toy's R Us with the Buy One Get One 50% off Wii and DS at the same time, so they can be combined again. Toy's R Us charged too much on games to begin with, so the savings didn't amount to much.

Thanks for the post OP![/QUOTE]

Reason why PS3 has less clearance games is because their are less crappy titles on the PS3.

My PS3 collection is pretty good.
COD4
COD W@W
Killzone 2
inFamous
DMC4
Ratchet and Clank
Ratchet and Clank Quest for Booty
GT5P
Super Wipe Out HD
LBP
Resistance 1
Resistance 2
Haze
Bioshock
Lost Planet
Uncharted
Lair
Deadspace
Batman AA

---

Plenty of PS3 games out there. (Yes some of these are multi-plat, but that doesn't detract from the PS3 library)

[quote name='Se7en69']Good thing The Beatles game comes out this week! That and Guitar Hero 5 and free Van Halen is way too much music. lol[/QUOTE]

The Beatles game comes out next week. I wish it came out this week, so I'd have it to play over the holiday weekend.

Edit: Oh, wait, by "this week", you mean next week, the week of the sale, don't you? Haha.

[quote name='arcane93']

Edit: Oh, wait, by "this week", you mean next week, the week of the sale, don't you? Haha.[/QUOTE]

Yeah :lol: Kinda feel bad for Xbox360 people who were wishing to do the same thing.

[quote name='ndheah']Reason why PS3 has less clearance games is because their are less crappy titles on the PS3.

Plenty of PS3 games out there. (Yes some of these are multi-plat, but that doesn't detract from the PS3 library)[/QUOTE]

Agreed. People who say that the PS3 software line-up is lacking either have their heads up their asses or only play Halo.

[quote name='ndheah']Reason why PS3 has less clearance games is because their are less crappy titles on the PS3.

Plenty of PS3 games out there. (Yes some of these are multi-plat, but that doesn't detract from the PS3 library)[/QUOTE]

Agreed. People who say that the PS3 software line-up is lacking either only play Halo or simply have their heads up their asses. I guess one sorta leads into the other, eh?

[quote name='AwRy108']Agreed. People who say that the PS3 software line-up is lacking either only play Halo or simply have their heads up their asses. I guess one sorta leads into the other, eh?[/QUOTE]

I think that guy was just talking about games on sale but for the most part people who say the PS3 has no games are repeating what was said years ago and haven't bothered to look since.

I'm just now getting the 1st Uncharted and still don't have Ratchet or the 1st Resistance although I have the 2nd. I'm trying to correct what I did with Resistance by getting Uncharted before my pre order of 2 gets here. So many games yet so little money.

That whole "PS3 has no games" thing pisses me off so much. It's like their libraries are mostly the same, and both have tons of quality exclusives. It's like these fanbois will sit there and quote stuff that came out prior to the PS3's release (does that count? really?) and quote stuff that's actually on both systems-sometimes stuff that's even better on the PS3! It's nuts.

I mean you can have a genuine preference for exclusives-I think I overall prefer the Xbox's exclusives (Mass Effect, Fable 2, and Lost Odyssey are big for me), but it's insane to claim either library is "better". (And I loved last summer literally playing through Mass Effect, and next up playing through Metal Gear Solid 4!)

[quote name='AwRy108']Agreed. People who say that the PS3 software line-up is lacking either only play Halo or simply have their heads up their asses. I guess one sorta leads into the other, eh?[/QUOTE]

Oh geez, do we really have to start the console wars here?

Personally, I'm pretty much neutral since I have both systems and have great games on both, but I always find it kinda funny that the PS3 cheer squad always picks on Halo 3 like it's some awful, immature game only played by the developmentally challenged, but then thinks that Killzone 2 is one of the greatest games out there. :roll:

Jeez guys stop the flame wars. Both 360 & PS3 have great libraries and everyone knows that... you can't deny it.

This sale better include pre-orders... BETTER!

[quote name='arcane93']Oh geez, do we really have to start the console wars here?

Personally, I'm pretty much neutral since I have both systems and have great games on both, but I always find it kinda funny that the PS3 cheer squad always picks on Halo 3 like it's some awful, immature game only played by the developmentally challenged, but then thinks that Killzone 2 is one of the greatest games out there. :roll:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pram12']Jeez guys stop the flame wars. Both 360 & PS3 have great libraries and everyone knows that... you can't deny it.

This sale better include pre-orders... BETTER![/QUOTE]

I think people who posted about it were rallying AGAINST fanboys, and specifically saying exactly what you were saying-they both have great libraries.

I agree, the library is on-par now and the exclusive line-up to 2Q 2010 is a bit more impressive than the 360.

Just tell those people this isn't 2007 anymore. Although Uncharted saved that year for the PS3 with a Game of the Year award.

Wish that Gran Turismo 5 was up for pre-order, but Ratchet and Clank and Uncharted 2 are good enough for me to be in for one.

Awesome! Glad this is confirmed, but I have a feeling next week will be quite busy with people picking up on this deal, especially come the 9th. Guess I'm going to have to go early before work to pick up the Beatles and DiRT 2.

[quote name='Snake2715']preorders would be sick. It was confirmed as to not include those correct?[/QUOTE]
I don't think it was officially confirmed, but since they canceled pre-order eligibility in the middle of the Xbox 360 deal this week, I can't imagine they'd then allow pre-orders for the PS3 deal.

That is unless the fine folks at Best Buy online are incompetent enough to not fix the hole they left in the Xbox 360 deal... and nobody at Best Buy would be that incompetent...

right?

[quote name='wwe101']wait so this will include pre orders?[/QUOTE]

No. Best Buy has the same deal going now for 360 and all preorder orders are being canceled.

[quote name='tightclaws']Nice how this turned into a fanboy protect my PS3 thread, I guess PS3 only owners are still a little insecure, big surprise.[/QUOTE]

Careful, your fanboy is showing.

anyone returning their batman (w/ gc + dvd from best buy) to take advantage of this new promotion? trying to figure out if its worth it

[quote name='DirkDiggler']anyone returning their batman (w/ gc + dvd from best buy) to take advantage of this new promotion? trying to figure out if its worth it[/QUOTE]

I doubt they will allow a return, and if they do they will take the value off the GC and DVD off of your refund.

PS3s Software is lacking severely. How many GREAT RPGs did the PS2 have ?
Nobody could answer that question.

How many GREAT RPGs does the PS3 have ? Well thats an easy one, ZERO. Hell it only has like 2 real RPGs total

[quote name='ChaosGamer']Hoping will be for preorders also[/QUOTE]
Yeah, really worried about preorders... I got two preorders on the 360 side of things.

[quote name='dcm1602']PS3s Software is lacking severely. How many GREAT RPGs did the PS2 have ?
Nobody could answer that question.

How many GREAT RPGs does the PS3 have ? Well thats an easy one, ZERO. Hell it only has like 2 real RPGs total[/QUOTE]

Well with development costs so high this generation and the RPG fanbase is considerably a much smaller base than other game types, you will see less RPGs in general on all consoles...at least quality ones.

Why would a company waste money on RPGs when it will barely sell? I guess that's a question to ask Microsoft.

Hell, I miss platformers like crazy, but it's as profitable as an RPG is right now. FPS, TPS, and guns are all the rage and where the money is.

bread's done
Back