Best Buy C&C Red Alert 3, Crysis, Orange Box, FIFA, others PC $9.99 each with coupon

mtxbass1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=20_OFF

90227533.png

Best Buy currently has the following games for $20 off, with coupon, making them $9.99 each.

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 (8790463),
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Premier Edition (9066217),
Crysis (8447326),
Crysis Warhead (8995536),
EA Sports 08 Collection (9050019),
FIFA Soccer 09 (9054836),
The Orange Box (8521192)

This is available for all Reward Zone/Gamers Club members.

Coupon is available once you login to the reward zone website.

Edit: Because it always gets asked.

1. The reward zone is free. Go sign up on Bestbuy.com
2. The gamers reward zone is also free. Click on the link once you signup/login to the rewardzone site.
3. Limit 3 titles per coupon.
4. If you click on the provided link, and are using Firefox and see a coupon for Warhammer/Motorstorm, use Internet Explorer to view the link instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, store inventory doesn't show any copies of Orange Box anywhere near me. The only other thing I halfway considered picking up was the RE3 Premier Edition.

Store inventory as you know can be off. My store (71st and 169 Tulsa) showed no Orange Box. I go by after work.. BOOM.. found an Orange Box.

Can't wait to finally get into Orange Box (yes, I'm a late bloomer, never even played HL2). I've got a GTX 260 showing up tomorrow as well.... See ya 8800gs!

^ Ah...another Tulsa CAG. :)

Guess I'll stop by a couple locations tomorrow. I tried to call to verify inventory, but it must be policy not to ever answer the damn phone. 3 different locations, all on terminal ring.

Did the 71st/169 location have more than the one copy you bought?

orange box for 10? even though i have it for the 360 i wanted it for the pc too just for tf2. good thing i didn't jump on that steam deal.

[quote name='Organ Donor']If only my PC didn't suck :cry:[/quote]My PC sucks, too, but I'm buying it for the future!

wonder which Crysis I should get?

My machine can handle it..I think. People buying high end rigs just to play this game should be pissed at the developers for not optimizing the code because no way in HELL a game should require such high specs to run properly.

Wow, this is a crazy deal.

I remember being on the ledge for getting Warhead for $20 at Circuit city. I'm glad I held off.

Going to pick up Red Alert Premier and Warhead tomorrow.

I too just bought team fortress on Steam for 10. I already have Orange Box for 360, and HL2 for PC. I would have liked to play the extra Portal levels tho...

I don't know why, but the BB Reward Zone website isn't working for me. Every time I try to log in, it tells me that I'm typing the incorrect password(which I'm not doing) and when I go and try to reset the password via the "forgot my password" thing, it says that my request couldn't be processed and that I have to call BB support.

Will there be any problems if I just print out the coupon in the OP, and use that? I really wanna pick up the Orange Box.

I don't see this coupon. When I click on the link it shows two different games: Motorstorm rift for ps3 and Warhammer for PC.

Might get Crysis, Red Alert 3, and Crysis Warhead.

Meanwhile, my GPA and wallet cries itself to sleep. Such good deals...and Steam's been cleaning me out too :(

GREAT FIND OP! Just got c&c read alert 3 pe for 10.81. I went to the best buy in westwood, ca. they had a few copies of crysis and warhead left. the last copy of orange box was taken by my roommie. plenty of fifa and sports collection left as well as red alert

anyone know whether you can do in-store pick-up then when you go to actually pick them up, apply a coupon like this one?

Don't many of these games have SecuRom which can seriously fuck up your computer? At least that's what I've heard. edit And sounds like you may need to install Steam & download large patches for each Orange Box game. Maybe it's best to get Orange Box on 360 & Red Alert 3 on PS3 when Ultimate Edition arrives.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you do an in-store pickup it's a bit of a pain-- they can't price adjust it so they'll have to process it as a return and rebuy which may not make the pickup person particularly happy. I can see some CSRs refusing to do it although they really shouldn't.

And yes, many (most?) of these games have some form of Securom..

[quote name='J7.']Don't many of these games have SecuRom which can seriously fuck up your computer? At least that's what I've heard. edit And sounds like you may need to install Steam & download large patches for each Orange Box game. Maybe it's best to get Orange Box on 360 & Red Alert 3 on PS3 when Ultimate Edition arrives.[/quote]
According to Wikipedia, the Steam version of Red Alert 3 had SecuRom removed in a recent patch. The retail copy from Best Buy will still have it though, which limits you to 5 activations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Alert_3#SecuROM

I'll probably still get it for $10 though to have the discs and crack the DRM if needed.

[quote name='whitereflection']They do have Securom, but I've never heard any credible sources saying it messes up anything.[/quote]
See Amazon. Example: http://www.amazon.com/review/R284BWAHH0QT5F/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

Here's one for Warhead:
Securom 7, the DRM scheme, installs itself on your computer and is as hard as a computer virus to uninstall. It requires making registry edits, and is far outside the realm of what most people are comfortable with Securom 7 causes possible security issues, system failures, and some legitimate software to stop working. It can prevent legitimate programs that burn cds to stop functioning correctly. It does not install when you uninstall the game. EA doesn't disclose these facts on the game's packaging, or in the game's EULA.

Here's one for Red Alert 3:
Its a great game, fun to play and worthy of some great cheesy acting laughs (and man they ham it up). Unfortunately, the entire game is crippled by SecuRom. so crippled by it in fact, that SecuRom can crash your computer. It crashed mine, erasing some vitally needed system bios (I guess it thought I was trying to copy the game because I have a RAID hard drive setup) and now my massively powerful and massively expensive computer is an inert paperweight until I can replace these files.

The worst part? Electronic Arts refuses to acknowledge my customer service complaint.

Bottom Line? Avoid this product like the plague and go by a SecuRom free product instead. Let your computer live.

which crysis is better to get? Warhead or original? contemplating this after I look up if my aluminum macbook can handle this.. on low I bet hahah

plus OB for $10 is a STEAL!!!! get it, get it now. I'm playing through Ep 1 right now =D

*edit*
I hate DRM.. bad DRM that is. that securom on Warhead looks enough for me to avoid it. I heard securom and daemon tools don't play well together and I have that installed as well. blah no wonder ppl still pirate, can get securom-free games.

I picked up C&C Premier Edition and Crysis Warhead at the Best Buy in Culver City, CA.

[quote name='eddie291']I don't know why, but the BB Reward Zone website isn't working for me. Every time I try to log in, it tells me that I'm typing the incorrect password(which I'm not doing) and when I go and try to reset the password via the "forgot my password" thing, it says that my request couldn't be processed and that I have to call BB support.
[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem yesterday, and suddenly it was working today.

[quote name='ITDEFX'] wonder which Crysis I should get?[/QUOTE]

I would get both for that price.

[quote name='ITDEFX']My machine can handle it..I think. People buying high end rigs just to play this game should be pissed at the developers for not optimizing the code because no way in HELL a game should require such high specs to run properly. [/QUOTE]

I don't think Crysis is a case of the developer not optimizing the code. The game really does have a lot more going on than most modern games. Besides just the graphics, the environments are partially destructible and enormous. Most games these days have environments that are just a shiny coat of paint with a few special interactive spots (ie. Gears of War). It really does look amazing even on less than ultra high settings. The problem is people just have a perception of what max settings should mean.

[quote name='J7.']See Amazon. Example: http://www.amazon.com/review/R284BWAHH0QT5F/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

Here's one for Warhead:
Securom 7, the DRM scheme, installs itself on your computer and is as hard as a computer virus to uninstall. It requires making registry edits, and is far outside the realm of what most people are comfortable with Securom 7 causes possible security issues, system failures, and some legitimate software to stop working. It can prevent legitimate programs that burn cds to stop functioning correctly. It does not install when you uninstall the game. EA doesn't disclose these facts on the game's packaging, or in the game's EULA.

Here's one for Red Alert 3:
Its a great game, fun to play and worthy of some great cheesy acting laughs (and man they ham it up). Unfortunately, the entire game is crippled by SecuRom. so crippled by it in fact, that SecuRom can crash your computer. It crashed mine, erasing some vitally needed system bios (I guess it thought I was trying to copy the game because I have a RAID hard drive setup) and now my massively powerful and massively expensive computer is an inert paperweight until I can replace these files.

The worst part? Electronic Arts refuses to acknowledge my customer service complaint.

Bottom Line? Avoid this product like the plague and go by a SecuRom free product instead. Let your computer live.[/QUOTE]

Are you shitting me? You think Amazon customer reviews are a credible source? Everyone is rating the game down just because it has DRM. Look at any positive review for the game - everyone is rating those down too. Obviously most of these people who wrote the reviews haven't even played the game.

The only documented issues with Securom that I know of are that it was notoriously difficult to remove - which was actually amended with Securom 7 - and a networking problem with Windows Vista. Of course the biggest issue is that it doesn't do its job of preventing piracy.

Now that's not to say it doesn't have problems, I honestly don't know. I've purchased plenty of PC games with DRM and Securom and never had any issues, so it doesn't really bother me that this one does. It's up to you to purchase the game or not, but do you really think these products would still be on shelves if it could actually do damage to your computer? I can't even begin to imagine how someone might prove that their hard drive crapped out because of Securom.

[quote name='J7.']Don't many of these games have SecuRom which can seriously fuck up your computer? At least that's what I've heard. edit And sounds like you may need to install Steam & download large patches for each Orange Box game. Maybe it's best to get Orange Box on 360 & Red Alert 3 on PS3 when Ultimate Edition arrives.[/quote]
but steam is actually useful. like xbox live for the pc, but not windows live :p and you always have to download patches for these games, xbox 360 or pc. at least if you plan on playing online. i never owned 2 copies of the same game before, but it's worth 10 bucks and then some to play tf2 with people actually online.

[quote name='J7.']Don't many of these games have SecuRom which can seriously fuck up your computer? At least that's what I've heard. edit And sounds like you may need to install Steam & download large patches for each Orange Box game. Maybe it's best to get Orange Box on 360 & Red Alert 3 on PS3 when Ultimate Edition arrives.[/QUOTE]

Steam is required for all Valve games, but that's a huge plus. All patches are applied automatically, and actually offer substantial content to the game (the scout update was just released a week ago). Plus once it's registered to your account, you can download the game on Steam from any computer. And the TF2 updates that are free on Steam are going to cost a fee on Xbox Live, in fact the first 3 that were on the PC last year are going to be bundled together for the 360 and sold for the same price that the entire Orange Box costs on the PC. So between getting the entire Orange Box on PC for $10 and being able to access it from any computer with an internet connection, or getting the console version for ~$30 and paying another $10 for DRM-restricted content...yeah, doesn't seem like a very good tradeoff.

Also, I really can't fathom spending 6 times as much on a game just to avoid DRM. It would be cheaper getting 5 copies of the game than getting the "DRM-less" console version, which doesn't seem very wise since the PC versions are better from what I've heard. And while I'm one of the most critical people out there when it comes to DRM...honestly, most of the stories about how it wrecks computers is completely fabricated and the actual danger it causes is overblown. I'd most definitely prefer a game with no DRM to one that has DRM/Securom, but for $10 I'm absolutely willing to overlook that shortcoming. Just wish you could activate retail EA game keys on Steam to unlock the games there.

Picked up Crysis, Warhead, and Red Alert 3: Premier Edition today. Wasn't planning on getting RA3, but the box was so purty :p Awesome deal, thanks OP!

Might be worth it for the Orange Box, especially if I can stack this with the Chex Mix coupon.

And I've yet to find something that doesn't stack with the Chex Mix coupon.

[quote name='KABUKISTAR']Might be worth it for the Orange Box, especially if I can stack this with the Chex Mix coupon.[/QUOTE]
Hahaha

[quote name='noxxle']Brings me to the same page. Motorstorm and Warhammer[/QUOTE]

I'm getting an Error - We're Sorry page.

It's been asked, but not answered. Anyone know if you can just print out that coupon in the OP. Plan on stopping at BB today anyways and wouldn't mind Warhead for 9.99.

are all the coupons the same? just wondering because i have the reward card but cant access the website to print out the coupon. so am i able to just print off what the OP has showing?

Could someone please rehost the coupon? For some reason it is not showing up here at work and the link takes me to the Warhammer/Motorstorm coupon. Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind, I was able to navigate to the new link. Click on Special Offers on the left side and the link for PC coupons should be toward the bottom of the new page.

I will be getting C&C 3 and possibly both Crysis games. The anti-DRM argument is pretty tired and spam-like now, especially on Amazon where many of the "reviews" are from those who haven't even played the game.

bread's done
Back