Best Buy C&C Red Alert 3, Crysis, Orange Box, FIFA, others PC $9.99 each with coupon

mtxbass1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=20_OFF

90227533.png

Best Buy currently has the following games for $20 off, with coupon, making them $9.99 each.

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 (8790463),
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Premier Edition (9066217),
Crysis (8447326),
Crysis Warhead (8995536),
EA Sports 08 Collection (9050019),
FIFA Soccer 09 (9054836),
The Orange Box (8521192)

This is available for all Reward Zone/Gamers Club members.

Coupon is available once you login to the reward zone website.

Edit: Because it always gets asked.

1. The reward zone is free. Go sign up on Bestbuy.com
2. The gamers reward zone is also free. Click on the link once you signup/login to the rewardzone site.
3. Limit 3 titles per coupon.
4. If you click on the provided link, and are using Firefox and see a coupon for Warhammer/Motorstorm, use Internet Explorer to view the link instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think DRM is that bad... StarForce is THAT bad. While SecureRom is not nice, I think it will only prevent the games, and/or CD copying software to not work.

Frankly it's annoying but there are many ways around that.

Plus with patches coming out, and more support to Steam... it's getting better.

I hope to pick up Crysises and C&C... would be the first time I play C&C too.

You can print out the coupon linked in the OP. It is not unique to a reward zone member.

For you people who haven't read the thread, if you are seeing the motorstorm/warhammer coupon, use Internet Explorer on the link provided in the OP.

This beats the pants off Steam's TF2 offer last week. I'm kinda glad I didn't get it, now I'll get the entire Orange box for 10+tax

[quote name='mtxbass1']You can print out the coupon linked in the OP. It is not unique to a reward zone member.

For you people who haven't read the thread, if you are seeing the motorstorm/warhammer coupon, use Internet Explorer on the link provided in the OP.[/quote]

Same motorstorm/warhammer coupon when I used IE, why would it be different? Oh, and I am a reward zone member.

*edit*

This is bizarre, it did not show up in IE, but when I hit refresh in Firefox it showed up....

[quote name='noxxle']Same motorstorm/warhammer coupon when I used IE, why would it be different? Oh, and I am a reward zone member.

*edit*

This is bizarre, it did not show up in IE, but when I hit refresh in Firefox it showed up....[/quote]

IE probably reads the cached page... and Firefox will try to regrab the new file/coupon.

IE and Firefox should be able to depending on cache settings.

[quote name='J7.']See Amazon. Example: http://www.amazon.com/review/R284BWAHH0QT5F/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

Here's one for Warhead:
Securom 7, the DRM scheme, installs itself on your computer and is as hard as a computer virus to uninstall. It requires making registry edits, and is far outside the realm of what most people are comfortable with Securom 7 causes possible security issues, system failures, and some legitimate software to stop working. It can prevent legitimate programs that burn cds to stop functioning correctly. It does not install when you uninstall the game. EA doesn't disclose these facts on the game's packaging, or in the game's EULA.

Here's one for Red Alert 3:
Its a great game, fun to play and worthy of some great cheesy acting laughs (and man they ham it up). Unfortunately, the entire game is crippled by SecuRom. so crippled by it in fact, that SecuRom can crash your computer. It crashed mine, erasing some vitally needed system bios (I guess it thought I was trying to copy the game because I have a RAID hard drive setup) and now my massively powerful and massively expensive computer is an inert paperweight until I can replace these files.

The worst part? Electronic Arts refuses to acknowledge my customer service complaint.

Bottom Line? Avoid this product like the plague and go by a SecuRom free product instead. Let your computer live.[/quote]

This may be legitimate, but, as far as I know, you can remove SecuRom protection now: http://store.steampowered.com/news/2258/

Maybe that's just for the Steam version, but I'm pretty sure you can associate any version with Steam and remove SecuRom. Anyone confirm?

Picked up the premier edition and Crysis Warhead for $20 +tax out the door. I also got Mercenaries 2 (360) last week for $10. Is Best Buy actually trying to compete with Amazon for my gaming dollar?

Finally, a Reward Zone Gamer's Club coupon that worked out great for me. I'd been meaning to get Crysis Warhead for a while now and $10 is a steal. I also grabbed a Premiere copy of C&C:RA3, which, funnily enough, I returned last week because I felt $30 was too much to spend on a game I might not even play. But luckily they still had a handful of copies left!

The only game I couldn't find that I didn't already have, or want, was the original Crysis. The Best Buy computer showed one in stock, but the employee and I couldn't find it anywhere. :cry:

I'm going for RA3, thanks.

Edit: Worked like a charm. Too bad I couldn't score the premium edition...

Planning on picking up RA3, Crysis, and Crysis Warhead after I get off work today. Thanks OP!

Just grabbed Crysis and CC:RA3 for $10 each! AMAZING. I will put up with the SecuRom crud for that price.

Great find all...saved me $40!!

Already have the normal CNC3. Anyone know if I can hand that copy over to my brother, or is it now tied to my Gamespy ID?
I'd like to have those five extra skirmish maps, but I'm not sure if I can just trade copies.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time.

[quote name='fenixrisingxl']Already have the normal CNC3. Anyone know if I can hand that copy over to my brother, or is it now tied to my Gamespy ID?
I'd like to have those five extra skirmish maps, but I'm not sure if I can just trade copies.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time.[/QUOTE]

I believe the CD-key is tied to your EA/Gamespy account (could be wrong about that), but the extra maps aren't on the disc anyway: you're given a code to put into EA's site and then you download them separately. But I'm pretty sure those maps can be download for free anyway now.

Aside from the label, there's no difference between the Premier Edition and Standard Edition RA3 disc, the Premier Edition just has the bonus DVD/music CD and code for the extra maps packaged together. If you want to "trade" copies with someone, just give them the CD-key from the new copy of the game you get and it will work on any RA3 disc, standard or premier.

Just picked up a copy of Red Alert 3 Premier Edition from the Best Buy in Nashua, NH. They had 1 more Premier Edition and at least a dozen regular versions. Also saw quite a few Orange Boxes.

On a side note, anyone have problems linking their bestbuy.com account with their RewardZone account? I keep getting this error and I don't really want to call the 1 800 number.
Some of the information in this BestBuy.com account does not match the information that is associated with this Reward Zone member ID. Please check your member ID and try again. If you still have problems, call 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289)

[quote name='fakero']Just picked up a copy of Red Alert 3 Premier Edition from the Best Buy in Nashua, NH. They had 1 more Premier Edition and at least a dozen regular versions. Also saw quite a few Orange Boxes.

On a side note, anyone have problems linking their bestbuy.com account with their RewardZone account? I keep getting this error and I don't really want to call the 1 800 number.
Some of the information in this BestBuy.com account does not match the information that is associated with this Reward Zone member ID. Please check your member ID and try again. If you still have problems, call 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289)
[/quote]

got the same error and after enduring it for the last couple months i actually tried calling the number yesterday. i got tired of manually adding th purchases to my rewardzone account so i figured why not finally call. the guy told me it was a known defect on their website where the rewardzone member ID is not reading the email address from the bestbuy.com account so it can't match up. he said there's nothing that can be done at this time but they'll eventually put in a software fix for it.

[quote name='LiquorLicks']Does this deal work with Xbox Orange Box as well?[/quote]

No this is a PC only coupon.

Also does anyone know the rough value of the Warhammer Online MMO item in the Red Alert Premier box? Just curious if it's worth over $10 or if I should just give it to a friend.

[quote name='espionage']got the same error and after enduring it for the last couple months i actually tried calling the number yesterday. i got tired of manually adding th purchases to my rewardzone account so i figured why not finally call. the guy told me it was a known defect on their website where the rewardzone member ID is not reading the email address from the bestbuy.com account so it can't match up. he said there's nothing that can be done at this time but they'll eventually put in a software fix for it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I've been having that problem for the last couple months now.

This deal makes me sad to have previously paid $15 for The Orange Box and $18 for Crysis Warhead. :)

Still picked up Crysis and Red Alert 3: PE.

nice thanks, i'll be sure to check that out

already got 1 pe of C&C. i'm gonna go ahead and buy another if its still 9.99 I paid like 50 for it when it came out lol

man, I thought those CC liquidation clearances were good for me as I got L4D @ 40% and OB @ 40% but then the L4D steam deal came up for $25 then OB @ $10.. suck ass lol oh well both are great games worth the price I paid for either. Always a good deal around the corner eh?

I may just get Warhead.. do you need to have the DVD in the drive to play? This annoys me b/c I play on my Macbook lol and hate having something in the drive... I guess I could use a NOCD patch if I wanted.

Got Crysis, Crysis Warhead and RA3 Premier for 32.xx OTD. Great Deal!
Dont think my cashier knew about it - she kept stareing at the screen in disbelief... :)

picked up red alert 3 tin and orange box (and witchblade) from the bestbuy at the landmark center in boston. Anime was a bit ransacked, but plenty of games were still available.

I was probably the other guy poking through the PC games section at Landmark. I didn't see any other copies of Warhead or Red Alert 3, but at least I got Orange Box for the GF. She was sad she missed the TF2 sale on Steam last week. This worked out better.

[quote name='espionage']got the same error and after enduring it for the last couple months i actually tried calling the number yesterday. i got tired of manually adding th purchases to my rewardzone account so i figured why not finally call. the guy told me it was a known defect on their website where the rewardzone member ID is not reading the email address from the bestbuy.com account so it can't match up. he said there's nothing that can be done at this time but they'll eventually put in a software fix for it.[/quote]

thanks for posting this. I, too have been having problems for quite awhile but really didn't want to call and have been putting off emailing. I just hope they fix this soon!

Wow, this is a great deal. Plenty of the Crysis games and Red Alert at the Allentown store. And at least one Orange Box. I also noticed Mount&Blade and Battlefield 2 for $9.99. I haven't been inside a Best Buy in ages, but it does seem like they have a few good prices on older PC games.

[quote name='whitereflection']Are you shitting me? You think Amazon customer reviews are a credible source? Everyone is rating the game down just because it has DRM. Look at any positive review for the game - everyone is rating those down too. Obviously most of these people who wrote the reviews haven't even played the game.

The only documented issues with Securom that I know of are that it was notoriously difficult to remove - which was actually amended with Securom 7 - and a networking problem with Windows Vista. Of course the biggest issue is that it doesn't do its job of preventing piracy.

Now that's not to say it doesn't have problems, I honestly don't know. I've purchased plenty of PC games with DRM and Securom and never had any issues, so it doesn't really bother me that this one does. It's up to you to purchase the game or not, but do you really think these products would still be on shelves if it could actually do damage to your computer? I can't even begin to imagine how someone might prove that their hard drive crapped out because of Securom.[/quote]
Those things could have happened. It is a possibility. I ain't going to risk destroying my computer for Red Alert 3. Not good enough for that risk. Yes, they may not be credible, but they might be. And those reviews are from different people for different games. Yes I think such games could still be on shelves. I mean in the past we have had to wait for patches of games and downloadable content that can corrupt all your saves and such like that. It might be a small risk but if it's there I ain't touching that shit.

[quote name='Edge']Steam is required for all Valve games, but that's a huge plus. All patches are applied automatically, and actually offer substantial content to the game (the scout update was just released a week ago). Plus once it's registered to your account, you can download the game on Steam from any computer. And the TF2 updates that are free on Steam are going to cost a fee on Xbox Live, in fact the first 3 that were on the PC last year are going to be bundled together for the 360 and sold for the same price that the entire Orange Box costs on the PC. So between getting the entire Orange Box on PC for $10 and being able to access it from any computer with an internet connection, or getting the console version for ~$30 and paying another $10 for DRM-restricted content...yeah, doesn't seem like a very good tradeoff.

Also, I really can't fathom spending 6 times as much on a game just to avoid DRM. It would be cheaper getting 5 copies of the game than getting the "DRM-less" console version, which doesn't seem very wise since the PC versions are better from what I've heard. And while I'm one of the most critical people out there when it comes to DRM...honestly, most of the stories about how it wrecks computers is completely fabricated and the actual danger it causes is overblown. I'd most definitely prefer a game with no DRM to one that has DRM/Securom, but for $10 I'm absolutely willing to overlook that shortcoming. Just wish you could activate retail EA game keys on Steam to unlock the games there.[/quote]
I did end up buying Orange Box today. I wasn't too big on putting Steam on my computer, only because I don't like having a lot of programs installed and patches but I decided it was worth it. Reading this makes the decision seem even better.

yeah, I got crysis warhead two weeks ago for $15 at CC. Still, not that bad of a deal. I'm definitely in for The Orange Box and C&C if they have the premier. I still have one $5 reward zone cert, so $15 for 2 games.

Just checked online and the closest stores to me (C&C premiere) are Denton and Oak Cliff. Don't think it's worth going to Oak Cliff, if you know what i mean.

Is The Orange Box hard to find in-store? No stores near me have it, and I live near Dallas.

[quote name='aznguyen316']which crysis is better to get? Warhead or original? contemplating this after I look up if my aluminum macbook can handle this.. on low I bet hahah

plus OB for $10 is a STEAL!!!! get it, get it now. I'm playing through Ep 1 right now =D

*edit*
I hate DRM.. bad DRM that is. that securom on Warhead looks enough for me to avoid it. I heard securom and daemon tools don't play well together and I have that installed as well. blah no wonder ppl still pirate, can get securom-free games.[/quote]

I have both Crysis and Crysis Warhead. I've only played Crysis so far, which is amazing. If you're more into multiplayer, Crysis Warhead comes with the standalone multiplayer game, Crysis Wars, as well as the game itself.

You do not need the dvd drive to play any EA game. If you make an EA account and download EA download manager, you can associate the serial with your account and then download the game like on steam. I had never heard of it before, but looked into it after I installed Crysis. As far as I know, it is compatible with all EA games.

Sorry for all the posts!

The Best Buy in Manhattan, NYC near Lincoln Center has a couple copies of Crysis, Crysis Warhead, Red Alert, Red Alert:pE, and Fifa 09. They are all out of Orange Box and the others.

Steam certainly has it's good points but the biggest problem with Steam is that it doesn't allow you to resell games that you buy. That's BS. They're trying to destroy the used game market and I won't help them do it. You should be able to transfer your license to anybody you want.

[quote name='$CASH$']Steam certainly has it's good points but the biggest problem with Steam is that it doesn't allow you to resell games that you buy. That's BS. They're trying to destroy the used game market and I won't help them do it. You should be able to transfer your license to anybody you want.[/quote]

Constant amazing sales make me forget this real quick. As long as I keep getting amazing games for $5-10, I don't care if I can't resell it. I keep good games anyway.

[quote name='$CASH$']Steam certainly has it's good points but the biggest problem with Steam is that it doesn't allow you to resell games that you buy. That's BS. They're trying to destroy the used game market and I won't help them do it. You should be able to transfer your license to anybody you want.[/QUOTE]
It is BS.
Nonetheless, I ended up buying Orange Box.

And the $3 off coupon did not stack with this, unfortunately. Although that may have been because the cashier didn't seem too well-acquainted with the cash register. I might try it again after I get payed with Red Alert 3 CE.

Thanks OP. San Carlos CA Best Buy has about 10 copies of both versions of RA3 - though their systems showed they had over 30 in stock of the premier edition! Picked up one premier edition for myself and two extras to flip on goozex for 800pts a pop.

[quote name='dallascowboys']You do not need the dvd drive to play any EA game. If you make an EA account and download EA download manager, you can associate the serial with your account and then download the game like on steam. I had never heard of it before, but looked into it after I installed Crysis. As far as I know, it is compatible with all EA games.

Sorry for all the posts![/quote]
Thanks for reminding me. Attached Red Alert 3 to my download manager account. Too bad you can't do this with older games like Battlefield 1942.

Thanks for the heads up. I have a $10 reward zone card, so I can pick up 2 of these games for $10, that is legit. I am thinking Orange Box and RE3 ... though I am not sure I need more PC games right now.

One thing is for sure, I am glad that I didn't buy TF2 on Steam for 10 bucks, and also glad I didn't buy portal from Target for $10. I can get it all for $10 (or free?). Thanks OP!

Always been a big C&C fan and was waiting for the price to come down so this is perfect. Just not sure my old-ass computer can handle it but at least I'm saving money on the game ;)

bread's done
Back