Best Buy canceled my Black Friday orders [Mass Marketing Internet Fraud Scam issued]

Thatbusynessman

CAG Veteran
I'm not sure if anyone else is aware of this, or if this is even the appropriate place to discuss this matter, but I had purchased 5 games from Best Buy on Black Friday and they had been on the back order list. I just checked the statuses of my orders and they have all had their statuses changed to "Cancelled". Up until today they were categorized as "Processing". I checked my credit card and it was not an issue on my end. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem.

EDIT: I did not ask a question in my OP. This concerns the "deals" that everyone is taking part in. If Best Buy is cancelling orders, then none of the Best Buy deals being posted are deals at all.

Though I'm clearly not an Admin., I'm actually leaning towards this being appropriate for this forum's discussions.

EDIT (2): I have submitted a complaint to the BBB, as well as IC3 (Internet Crime Complaint Center). This is a Mass Marketing Internet Fraud scam that I'm hoping to turn into a Class Action lawsuit. We as consumers should not be treated so poorly as to be attracted to deals that, in this case, DO NOT EXIST. As far as I'm concerned, this entire situation with BestBuy.com is a scam, and should be brought to the attention of authorities.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ramandur']Your right, its not the right place[/QUOTE]

This is such a helpful post. You always see people claiming cag is such a great place and how it's so much better than SD, but when someone asks a question and makes an honest mistake, the reaction of this "community" really gives you the warm and fuzzy feeling.

I've read in a few different threads on here that this has been happening to people. The good news is, depending owhat you ordered you may be able to find similar deals now or i in the next few days.

[quote name='caltab']This is such a helpful post.

I've read in a few different threads on here that this has been happening to people. The good news is, depending owhat you ordered you may be able to find similar deals now or i in the next few days.[/QUOTE]

The reason why I posted it here was because Best Buy is having a lot of great deals right now. Unfortunately, deals aren't deals until you have the product in hand.

[quote name='Thatbusynessman']The reason why I posted it here was because Best Buy is having a lot of great deals right now. Unfortunately, deals aren't deals until you have the product in hand.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't talking about your post op, I was talking about his, and others, reaction.

When you order something from best buy and the shipping status says something like null, take it as a good sign your order will be back ordered and then cancelled. That is what happened with my vanquish order, and I also haven't recieved an email informing me of the cancellation.

[quote name='Thatbusynessman']The reason why I posted it here was because Best Buy is having a lot of great deals right now. Unfortunately, deals aren't deals until you have the product in hand.[/QUOTE]

DO NOT CREATE THREADS TO ASK A QUESTION. DO NOT POST YOUR OWN AFFILIATE LINKS. ONLY POST SPECIFIC VIDEO GAME DEALS!

It's in capital letters, bolded, and colored red so it attracts your attention and is located right underneath the forum title on every page you click in this forum :)

[quote name='Blaster man']Everything I ordered I received except one movie. I got an email with a $10 code as an apology.[/QUOTE]

I'm missing two movies and I ordered them on pre sale Monday. No code for me!

Not to mention that if you had taken the min or so to view allllllllllllll of the forums, you would have seen the right one.

Making me worried here, Raving Rabbids Party Collection is still processing since purchase and has been for a while now. I'll be PO-ed if it gets cancelled too. Doesn't usually take this long to process, does it? Should I call?

[quote name='caltab']This is such a helpful post. You always see people claiming cag is such a great place and how it's so much better than SD, but when someone asks a question and makes an honest mistake, the reaction of this "community" really gives you the warm and fuzzy feeling.

I've read in a few different threads on here that this has been happening to people. The good news is, depending owhat you ordered you may be able to find similar deals now or i in the next few days.[/QUOTE]

Caltab, you simply have to accept the fact that this is the internet and it doesnt matter where you go on the internet, you will always find at least a few people that have absolutely no manners whatsoever. Of course, there are better words for describing such people but I dont want to get banned. Of course then you have the people that just have to bitch and moan and these people are literally everywhere. If they aren't bitching about something they start going into withdrawal. Bottom line - even the best communities have at least a couple of these types of people in them. Its simply one of the ugly sides to the internet.

[quote name='karyadi']Making me worried here, Raving Rabbids Party Collection is still processing since purchase and has been for a while now. I'll be PO-ed if it gets cancelled too. Doesn't usually take this long to process, does it? Should I call?[/QUOTE]

If it doesn't say backordered you are probably alright.

[quote name='Scorch']It's in capital letters, bolded, and colored red so it attracts your attention and is located right underneath the forum title on every page you click in this forum :)[/QUOTE]

I did not ask a question in my OP. This concerns the "deals" that everyone is taking part in. If Best Buy is cancelling orders, then none of the Best Buy deals being posted are deals at all.

Though I'm clearly not an Admin., I'm actually leaning towards this being appropriate for this forum's discussions.

[quote name='Scorch']It's in capital letters, bolded, and colored red so it attracts your attention and is located right underneath the forum title on every page you click in this forum :)[/QUOTE]

It's not on the mobile version of the site.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']Caltab, you simply have to accept the fact that this is the internet and it doesnt matter where you go on the internet, you will always find at least a few people that have absolutely no manners whatsoever. Of course, there are better words for describing such people but I dont want to get banned. Of course then you have the people that just have to bitch and moan and these people are literally everywhere. If they aren't bitching about something they start going into withdrawal. Bottom line - even the best communities have at least a couple of these types of people in them. Its simply one of the ugly sides to the internet.[/QUOTE]
Suckiest part is the worse they get directly effects the deals we get. An ugly community always precedes the Doldrums.
Be nice and people will help you save money on the things you want. Quid pro quo.

[quote name='fadersdream']Suckiest part is the worse they get directly effects the deals we get. An ugly community always precedes the Doldrums.
Be nice and people will help you save money on the things you want. Quid pro quo.[/QUOTE]

And It's not like he was spamming some scam site or something, he was just trying to let people know their orders might get canceled(which he is correct about).

[quote name='Thatbusynessman']I did not ask a question in my OP. This concerns the "deals" that everyone is taking part in. If Best Buy is cancelling orders, then none of the Best Buy deals being posted are deals at all.

Though I'm clearly not an Admin., I'm actually leaning towards this being appropriate for this forum's discussions.[/QUOTE]
Still not the right place, perhaps if you went over to shopping discussions, and it appears that this may just be an isolated case; it also appears to be about a Black Friday order which is a deal that took place long ago. you can't really use this situation to apply to a majority of the deals going on right nowso yea i dont think u really have much of an argument to justify this thread being in the video game deals

[quote name='caltab']And It's not like he was spamming some scam site or something, he was just trying to let people know their orders might get canceled(which he is correct about).[/QUOTE]

I apologize if I've offended anyone, but I think this is the most popular board on the site; my post would otherwise be ignored. As a consumer, I want to know if the product I'm receiving is guaranteed for the price I purchased it at, regardless of how (in)expensive it may be.

Surely trolls will be trolls and haters are gonna hate, but I think people are missing the principle of this post more than anything.

[quote name='caltab']This is such a helpful post. You always see people claiming cag is such a great place and how it's so much better than SD, but when someone asks a question and makes an honest mistake, the reaction of this "community" really gives you the warm and fuzzy feeling.

agreed. It really discourages people into participating or posting when a percentage of the community are [insert favorite descriptive insult here]. I think it is 2 parts being rude, and 1 part "trying" to be funny.

A polite response such as Caltab's or fadersdream is all that is needed.

Sorry to hear OP's issue, and this is probably frequent with not just Best Buy. I had this happen with Gamefly three times in the last month.

[quote name='Thatbusynessman']I apologize if I've offended anyone, but I think this is the most popular board on the site; my post would otherwise be ignored. As a consumer, I want to know if the product I'm receiving is guaranteed for the price I purchased it at, regardless of how (in)expensive it may be.

Surely trolls will be trolls and haters are gonna hate, but I think people are missing the principle of this post more than anything.[/QUOTE]

I agree with Thatbusynessman. This is the most popular forum in all of CAG. He would get an immediate response on here. But still, rules are rules :/

That really sucks. I only ordered 1 game on black Friday from BB, and it took 15 days to arrive, ridiculous IMO, but u should contact the CS, and see what happens

I found out about the cancellations because of this thread. My orders for Civilization V and Vanquish were both canceled. fuck No cancellation email either, so I had no way of knowing unless I went on Best Buy's website.

Brütal Legend -
Product Price: $2.99

Vanquish
Product Price: $4.99

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Collector's Edition - PlayStation 3
Product Price: $7.99

best buy canceled my order when it specifically says

backorders
If an item you've ordered is on backorder, we'll send you an e-mail to let you know the Estimated arrival time. Can you choose to wait for the item or cancel it. Remain active backorders for 30 days.

If after 30 days the item is still on backorder, We Will Automatically cancel the item. We will e-mail you 5 days before we cancel the item to ask if you Would like to extend the backorder. At That Time, May you extend the backorder by Contacting us. Extension Periods Vary by product.

Best Buy does not charge your credit card is shipped Until the item. If you Used PayPal, your PayPal account WAS charged at the time you Placed the order.

BB charged me 2 payments that do not match what cancel

[quote name='Thatbusynessman']I apologize if I've offended anyone, but I think this is the most popular board on the site; my post would otherwise be ignored. As a consumer, I want to know if the product I'm receiving is guaranteed for the price I purchased it at, regardless of how (in)expensive it may be.

Surely trolls will be trolls and haters are gonna hate, but I think people are missing the principle of this post more than anything.[/QUOTE]

Principle of the forum > principle of your post. Rules are rules.

By your logic, if i wanted to purchase a car, I'd be better off going to Wal-mart and trying to buy a car there because it's more popular.

[quote name='Thatbusynessman']I did not ask a question in my OP. [/QUOTE]

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem.

^^

If anything, you should've posted it in the discussion thread of whatever deal you took part of.

Altho this is not the right place for this post, I thak you for it. You brought my attention and yes 3 of my orders placed around black Friday were canceled today. They were for the good old cheap games which were backordred since than.

[quote name='krashhole']Everyone learns from their mistakes. Too bad most forget where they come from.[/QUOTE]

agreed. maybe we should call this site cheap ass slickdealers

It looks like BB.com is trying to stop people from getting these deals price matched in store. A bunch of items are now marked with these tags which don't allow them to be price matched:

Outlet Center
Price Valid Online Only
Limited Quantity While Supplies Last

I had this happen. Then they changed the price of my Mad Men Blu to the $23.99 price and said I returned my $8.99 copy....which hasn't even shipped yet so they returned my BF deal at the warehouse....

[quote name='NextDeadman']Principle of the forum > principle of your post. Rules are rules.

By your logic, if i wanted to purchase a car, I'd be better off going to Wal-mart and trying to buy a car there because it's more popular.[/QUOTE]

Your ripping on his logic and then comparing discussing video game deals with that of purchasing a car. Now that is funny.

bread's done
Back