Battalion Wars 2 $14.99
Manhunt 2 $19.99

PS2

Ultimate Ninja 2 $19.99

PS3

Strangehold $19.99
Conan $19.99
Jericho $19.99

These were on a clearance rack and the new prices were written with a black marker. They price adjust it to the clearance price upon purchase.

I saw a sale like this but the tags were all yellow stickers with the prices written in marker. PS3 was what I was looking for but all I saw was what you would expect to be cheap. Jherico, Pirates of the Carribean, Stuntman: Ignition, and Stranglehold all were 17$.

Bladestorm for $19.99 and Battalion Wars 2 for $14.99 are friggin awesome deals. I would jump on those games at those prices in a heartbeat. I'm going to have to check my local Best Buys for these magical clearance tables (doubt I'll find them though).

I just picked up Jeanne Darc for the PSP at the Best Buy in South Austin for 50% off.

Total after tax was 16.23.

I've been waiting on Bladestorm for a while. I've play the demo numerous times, to the point that I know what strategy I want to use once I get the game... but knowing what that game is like (I've played a couple of Koei games) I don't want to pay anything close to full price.

Hopefully I'll find it for cheap someday.

[quote name='Masterkyo']My local BB is $uck :([/quote]

Mine too, mine has this rack by the checkouts with a few titiles, like "Pirates of the Caribbean" for 15 and some other bumfuck games. They also have DW : Gundam, marked at 49 but it rings up 59.99. Lame, I'd love that one for 25 bucks new. Now that I read it again, Bladestorm for 20 bucks seems great too. (which is still marked 59.99 at mine :\)

[quote name='CheapBastardToo'][quote name='MSUHitman']Microsoft was replacing scratched Halo 3 disks for free for awhile. Is that still going on or has that offer expired? It was on xbox.com I believe.[/quote]
Expired 2/1/08. I'll try calling MS and see if they'll do a free replacement since I'd really like to own Halo3.

While looking for the warranty terms, I found something interesting. Apparently there is a 90 day warranty, but it is handled _by the retailer_. The Halo booklet specifically tells the customer to return the game to the retailer "if it doesn't perform substantially as described in the accompanying manual" within 90 days. The retailer will repair or replace the game at its discretion.[/quote]

I don't know how the retailer would "repair" it, and the issue with replacement is that the anecdotal reports suggest a very high % of this SKU was affected by the scratch issue. My game disc was secure on the hub and was fine; disc #2, however, was loose in the case and covered with fine scratches. If they gave you another CE, most likely it would have the same issue. You can try, though.

Battlestations Midway (360) $7.50. Obviously that price is YMMV, but given that earlier posts suggest that clearance items are usually drawn from title that have generally been designated End of Life by BB, odds may be in favor of finding some sort of discount on this.

I saw this during the CompUSA liquidation but passed because I thought I remembered it reviewed poorly. Really, I hardly remember hearing anything about it at all, which contributed to my negative impression. Actually, GameSpot gave it a 7.8 and IGN an 8.5, and since I'm a history buff on Midway, couldn't resist at this price.

Even though these are YMMV it is still good to take a look.. a BB by my work has a big rolling rack with games from every platform for %50 off... Snagged me a copy of King of Fighters XI for $4.99 :D To bad Neo Geo:BC is gone from there.

bread's done
Back