Battalion Wars 2 $14.99
Manhunt 2 $19.99

PS2

Ultimate Ninja 2 $19.99

PS3

Strangehold $19.99
Conan $19.99
Jericho $19.99

These were on a clearance rack and the new prices were written with a black marker. They price adjust it to the clearance price upon purchase.

[quote name='rishiraja']

These were on a clearance rack and the new prices were written with a black marker. They price adjust it to the clearance price upon purchase.[/QUOTE]

Aw damn, I was so excited until I read that line. Damn damn damn.

[quote name='Methadon']$19.99 makes Stranglehold VERY sexy.[/quote]

damn, $10 says I don't find anything at the best buy in pittsburgh mills today :bomb:

The best buy on hwy 6 and westheimer in Houston, TX has a 25% off clearance, but its in such a rediculous bin its almost impossible to see which games are on sale without dumping them all out.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Attack of the YMMV threads![/QUOTE]

I hope this isn't a new trend of stores being given the power to mark down stuff on a store by store basis by Walmart since it seems like we have been getting a lot of posts like this over the past few weeks. As bad as the national clearances were, at least it was consistent

[quote name='ma']Man, I would love to snag a copy of BWii for $15. Of course, this won't be happening on my area.[/QUOTE]

Same here...i wonder what the odds are...

The Manchester, NH Best Buy had a 50% off clearance table by the registers last weekend. None of the titles from the OP though, so titles may vary store by store. Games rang up full price, and a manager had to be called over to override manually. I checked a couple other area BBs, and they had no clearance table at all. Definitely YMMV.

I picked up the last Odin Sphere for PS2 and a R6:Vegas for PS3 at $20 each. They also had dozens of All-Pro Football 2k8 for PS3 at $10. Several other sports games as well. Can't remember any of the other titles, but definitely none of the PS3/Wii titles from the OP since I would have grabbed all of those.

Mm, I guess I'll check this out, but I know my BB's never have this type of clearance. And if they ever do, they will be long gone before I get there. Thanks for the info op. *Crosses fingers for Conan*

Whoa whoa whoa, I just saw Bw2 listed at $30 in the last BB clearance thread, that is strikingly similiar to this one. You're telling me it's $15 now? This horse wants some confirmation on that deal.

If anyone finds it at their BB and can snag an extra or two, I'd buy Battalion Wars 2 or BladeStorm at those prices.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Whoa whoa whoa, I just saw Bw2 listed at $30 in the last BB clearance thread, that is strikingly similiar to this one. You're telling me it's $15 now? This horse wants some confirmation on that deal.[/quote]

Since the markdown is taken "at the register", unfortunately every BB will be selling them at a different price, and will not be a consistent pricing for clearance items since in the system they are still $49.99. It will just be up the the BB managers at that store to determine how much they want to sell the game for just to get rid of them. The stores that have low stock of BW2 will most likely just be trying to get rid of the last few of them. Stores with bigger stocks of BW2 will not be willing to clearance out the game at a lower price because they would have to sell all of the quantity they have and lose a much higher margin of profit. My store is a big store, and they have tons of them on the floor, so no luck here T___T

No sign of any clearance anything at the Dearborn, MI store other than a bin with PS2, Xbox and DS titles. Didn't bother noting what was there or what it cost.

Im a BB employee.. I feel I need to say this.. again..

ALL BEST BUY CLEARANCE VIDEO GAME PRICES ARE UP TO THE DISCRETION OF THE MEDIA SUPERVISOR. They often are not reflected in more than one store unless multiple stores in the same district decide to follow suit (rarely happens).

This also only happens to games called "End-Of-Life". These End of Life items mean BestBuy will no longer be receiving shipments of them. Once an item goes End of Life they have 90 days left in the store. And then BB sells the items back to the manufactor at an extremely low price. Therefore, it is in Best Buys best interest to get these items out of the store as quick as possible, even if they only make 50 cents on a sale. Its more money than they would get if they were to ship it back.

When a store has a giant inventory, they will make it as cheap as 14.99. If a store only has a few copies, then they will leave it at the retail price. Or if the Media Supervisor doesnt want to do anything with it (sometimes they dont want to mark it down.. every Sup is different) they will just leave it.

Therefore: EXTREMELY HUGE YMMV. Don't get your hopes up usually with this.

Good Luck.

BB in Fort Worth had the following:

Wii
Battallion Wars 24.99
Geometry Wars $19.99
Victorious Boxers $14.99
Catz 2 $14.99
Horsez 2 $14.99
Cranium Kabooki $19.99
Golden Compass, Arctic Tale, 2 Barbie/Disney Princess games marked down

Handful of PS3 titles for 1/2 price

A bunch of Xbox 360 stuff marked down, best things were
Blue Dragon $19.99
Viva Pinata Party Animal $14.99
FF IX with all the expansion packs $19.99
and probably 20 more games

all of those games are at risk...meaning if they aren't sold within the next few weeks, they have to mail the games to a warehouse and only receive a fraction of credit on them. so they drastically reduce the prices, 50% most of the times, make more than they would as opposed to mailing them to the warehouse

Picked up Halo 3 Collector's(?) Edition (whatever the intermediate edition is, tin-box package) for 50% off at Best Buy in Bellevue, WA. The store was also running a special of free Halo 3 guide with any Halo 3 purchase, so the guide plus H3 were $35.50 + tax out the door. Unfortunately the #$%@%#@ discs were loose inside the H3 box and ended up scratched up all to hell. I haven't tried running them yet, going to take it to a different Best Buy and see if I can exchange them. If not the thing goes back...

[quote name='CheapBastardToo']Picked up Halo 3 Collector's(?) Edition (whatever the intermediate edition is, tin-box package) for 50% off at Best Buy in Bellevue, WA. The store was also running a special of free Halo 3 guide with any Halo 3 purchase, so the guide plus H3 were $35.50 + tax out the door. Unfortunately the #$%@%#@ discs were loose inside the H3 box and ended up scratched up all to hell. I haven't tried running them yet, going to take it to a different Best Buy and see if I can exchange them. If not the thing goes back...[/quote]

Microsoft was replacing scratched Halo 3 disks for free for awhile. Is that still going on or has that offer expired? It was on xbox.com I believe.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Microsoft was replacing scratched Halo 3 disks for free for awhile. Is that still going on or has that offer expired? It was on xbox.com I believe.[/quote]

Expired 2/1/08. I'll try calling MS and see if they'll do a free replacement since I'd really like to own Halo3.

While looking for the warranty terms, I found something interesting. Apparently there is a 90 day warranty, but it is handled _by the retailer_. The Halo booklet specifically tells the customer to return the game to the retailer "if it doesn't perform substantially as described in the accompanying manual" within 90 days. The retailer will repair or replace the game at its discretion.

Best Buy in Stone Mtn, GA had a 75% off table as of yesterday. Picked up a Halo 3 Legendary for $32.50.

There were some faceplates and some other random gear, but I don't recall much else that was spectacular.

just went to my local best buy like 7 hours ago ( Jackson, MI ) Here is what they had

360 Pirates of the carribbean - $15

360 HALO 3 LEGENDAY W/ Helmet - $ 75

360 Golden Compass $25

360 Virtua fighter 5 online $30

PSP Pappa The Rapapper - $10

PS3 NBA 07 - $15

Thats about it!!!

oh and spiderman 3 for 360 $20

Picked up Bee Movie for $20 and Tenchu Z for $15 @ BB in Glendale, CA. Wish my local BB in the OC had VF5 for half off or any of these deals for that matter.

[quote name='Rollett']I want Bladestorm for 20$ :([/quote]

same here~ man, the bb near me never has these kind of clearance.

I got the last copy of Formula 1: championship edition for ps3 at my local best buy for 30. They had bunch of xbox 360, ps3 and wii games in the 50% off clearance bin.
I didn't see any bladestorm.

[quote name='linkpwns']I would love Eternal Sonada for 360 and Strangehold for PS3 at those prices.[/quote]That's because Eternal Sonata and Stranglehold are still regular price. Cheap Chinese knockoffs FTL.

I finally found one of those magical Best Buys with a 50% off table this past weekend. They had the following:

Wii
Battallion Wars 24.99
Geometry Wars $19.99
Soul Calibur Legends $19.99

Xbox 360
Devil May Cry Collectors Edition $39.99
Tenchu Z $14.99

PS3
Conan $19.99
The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles $14.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground $24.99

There were some PS2 games too, but nothing spectacular.

[quote name='ecwfan']I finally found one of those magical Best Buys with a 50% off table this past weekend. They had the following:

Wii
Battallion Wars 24.99
Geometry Wars $19.99
Soul Calibur Legends $19.99

Xbox 360
Tenchu Z $14.99

PS3
Conan $19.99
The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles $14.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground $24.99

There were some PS2 games too, but nothing spectacular.[/quote]

If I can find a DMC: CE for that price I might jump at it as well. Tenchu is totally worth $15, for anybody curious.

The best buy I go to never does this that I know of. They have a table when you walk in but it is all new items. I have yet to see games or movies marked down in clearance.

bread's done
Back