Best Buy Columbus Sale (Remember Me $19.99, Paper Mario: Sticker Star $19.99)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, so you guys don't throw Columbus day parties and exchange gifts with friends and family?

Columbus Day gets sales now? Eesh, that's stretching it. Not to mention Columbus was a horrible monster and nobody should be celebrating him in the first place.

Well, as for the ghost order, I ended up receiving two different order confirmation emails about 8 hours after ordering. Cancelling one of those...

UPDATE: I called to cancel one of the orders and they were unable to because "they already shipped it". I order it at like 10 last night, got a confirmation email at about 3 am and they shipped it by 830am? Either Best Buy is extremely efficient shippers or someone is too lazy to cancel the order for me. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I somewhat liked Remember Me. It is short and the combat is chaotic (I came to this after finishing Sleeping Dogs and it was night and day....fighting in Sleeping Dogs rules!), but the story is relatively interesting and the game has a great setting though it's not very open. I say wait till 12-13 dollars...it's probably too short otherwise but it is worth at least 1 play through. Just my 2 cents.

Paper Mario is a 10 or less game for me...heard too much about the issues there and the lame fighting system. I will play it someday though just when it's not 20 or more.

Remember Me was an okay game. Took two days to platinum and was nothing spectacular to me. I felt some connection to the story and players but nothing that kept me thinking after I was done. If I had to put a dollar value on it, being cheap, $10.

Incorrect. Several states don't recognize it at all and at least here in California, it's no longer a recognized state or local government holiday.
Federal Employees in every state. It is recognized by the Federal government. CA does recognize the day, they do not consider it a paid holiday anymore. You are right though 3 states have no recognition of the day, Alaska, Hawaii and South Dakota.

Federal Employees in every state. It is recognized by the Federal government. CA does recognize the day, they do not consider it a paid holiday anymore. You are right though 3 states have no recognition of the day, Alaska, Hawaii and South Dakota.
So not all 50 :). Most of the tri-state area here still has work as well, what is this "Columbus day"??

Aww someone is just taking High School history. How cutting edge to think poorly about historical figures.
Seriously? Have you touched a high school level history text recently? Notice how they almost universally whitewash complex figures like Sam Adams? Jefferson?

I think you're confusing high school texts with collegiate history professors. At that level, jabs at historical figures are always in vogue.

I've loved the Paper Mario franchise in the past but really disliked the 3DS one. Couldn't finish it.

Unfortunately it's the worst in the series.

Puzzles are occasionally a bit frustrating/obscure, and bosses can be tough/annoying without the right (or enough) stickers.

Its pretty awful. No character progression, way to long, and alot of fights that are damn near impossible unless you *happen* to have a certain item that the game doesn't tell you you need. Definitely the worst in the series. I'd pass.
I agree with all of these. At first I had a lot of fun with it but it just becomes a PITA because you are fighting the dumb sticker mechanic and the obtuse puzzles more than playing the game. Not worth even $10.

1. Adamantly refuse to sell Remember Me for anything less than $40 after GCU coupon (even artificially bumping up the retail price to prevent it)

2. Shrug and sell it for $20 to non-subscribers less than a week later

3. ???

4. PROFIT

Had a $5 RZ certificate to kill and was intrigued with Remember Me. Plus, I got the "Silver" RZ card (or whatever they call it nowadays) and got free expedited shipping. So, I'm content.

Remember Me is going to be free on PS+ EU for Nov if you have a sub there.
This is the only thing holding me from purchasing it because when the superior EU PS+ gets a game, the US gets it maybe a month or two later. Not to mention I have a huge backlog as is ...

Tempted to get Razor's Edge and Remember Me. How is razors Edge?
I had a pretty good time with it. I believe it is not as difficult as previous entries in the series, but I think the Wii U version supposedly fixed some of the bugs in the game

Off tv play on the gamepad was enjoyable as well. For $20 and then $12 if you trade it back in to Best Buy, not a bad deal. I bought it at $34 and didn't regret that price.

Picked up Remember Me (360)  $10, Devil May Cry (PS3) $15, my local BB have extra 50% off Rack  kinda sad no PS3 version for Remember Me.  Able to do price adjustment for Pro Controller Wii U down $11 :)

This is the only thing holding me from purchasing it because when the superior EU PS+ gets a game, the US gets it maybe a month or two later. Not to mention I have a huge backlog as is ...
Problem is, there are also a bunch that never made it to the US PS+, like Dead or Alive 5, Motor Storm, Catherine, and many more.

Just wanted to throw in my two cents. I picked up Remember Me at $30 when Target had it for that price, and liked it quite a bit. Sure, it's a linear action game, but it creates a really interesting world, and I thought the create-your-own-combo combat paired with the powers you unlock was quite engaging (except for the camera not being great sometimes, but I was able to deal with it). The sequences where you remix people's memories are also cool, I wish there had been more of them. I would definitely recommend it if it looks interesting to you, especially at only $20. I'm sure no one bought the damn thing at release, it could probably use the support.

Sticker Star is a bad game, I honestly am not sure why I played it all the way through. There are some fundamental poor design decisions that drag the whole experience down - mainly the sticker system and puzzle design. And the story and characters are not up to snuff, so there's not even that to carry the experience.

I am surprised by all the hate here with Sticker Star.  The reviews overall are quite good and I extremely enjoyed the game.  The game was surprising long as well with tons of hidden content to find/unlock.  I powered through the game in 3 days as I couldn't put it down.  To each their own I guess.

I am surprised by all the hate here with Sticker Star. The reviews overall are quite good and I extremely enjoyed the game. The game was surprising long as well with tons of hidden content to find/unlock. I powered through the game in 3 days as I couldn't put it down. To each their own I guess.
It's all relative. Sticker Star wasn't a steaming pile of awful, but it was really weak for a Paper Mario game. They're usually tightly written and have top notch combat and puzzles. Sticker Star falls short of the series' standards, which is why there's so much hate.

I am surprised by all the hate here with Sticker Star. The reviews overall are quite good and I extremely enjoyed the game. The game was surprising long as well with tons of hidden content to find/unlock. I powered through the game in 3 days as I couldn't put it down. To each their own I guess.
I'm with you on this one. I am a little more than halfway through the game and I'm really enjoying it. The dialogue is great and so is the 3D. I am surprised at how long it is considering I read it was a short game. I find myself going back to levels multiple times to find all the hidden content.

Sweet deal, I was surprised to see I got the $5 with exp of 10/28 and wanted Remember Me so for only $15, good deal, thnx OP

Bought Remember Me on Friday @ $20. Platinum'ed game Sunday afternoon. Traded now used game back to BB for $21.

I really enjoyed the game, though several of the chapters are just too long. The pacing of the game really hurts it. Nevertheless, fun and cheap. You can beat the game in about 8 hours and get all the trophies/achievements in a weekends time.

Bought Remember Me on Friday @ $20. Platinum'ed game Sunday afternoon. Traded now used game back to BB for $21.

I really enjoyed the game, though several of the chapters are just too long. The pacing of the game really hurts it. Nevertheless, fun and cheap. You can beat the game in about 8 hours and get all the trophies/achievements in a weekends time.
Thanks for the info. Definitely sounds like a 75% off on Steam kind of game.

Same here. Finished it in a few days and got $23.10 yesterday with the GC Unlocked bonus included. TIV appears to have dropped $1 to $20 today, but that's still a free rental.

My sentiments are probably about the same. The middle chapters are a bit long...and it's linear (a lot of Tomb Raider style platforming, but the game literally always puts a yellow arrow on the next ledge you have to swing/jump to, and you pretty much just have to push the buttons to make it happen)...but I really enjoyed it, overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back