Best Buy coupon: $20 off 12 month/24 month Xbox Live and other offers - check your email

Dund3r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Received an email from Best Buy titled "Play like a champ with Xbox Live subscription savings".  Inside there is a in-store coupon to save $20 on a 12 month or 24 month Xbox Live subscription.

Coupon states "Markdowns taken from sale prices.  Not valid with any other coupons, offers or discounts" so this should stack with the $40 sale on a 1 year Xbox Live subscription starting 1/26.

Coupon valid 1/14/14 - 2/1/14.

Edit: It appears other users are receiving emails with similar titles but different coupon offers.  YMMV on what you receive.  Some emails offer the option to sign up for GCU for $60, others report a $20 savings offer for getting a DS4 controller & Knack.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is getting ridicules.  Since becoming a Bestbuy Elite, i'm not getting any of the special email promos.  I didn't get my usual xmas gift cert that i normally get every year aswell as some of the recent promos.  Whoever is running BBY don't know crap about marketing.  Elite members are one that spends money there and we should be their primary target market.  Retaining customer should have as much a priority as baiting new fishes.  

Damn you Bestbuy.   oh well, i only got elite b/c i abused your pre-order system and got a handful of PS4 to re-sell. :D

I could really care less I was just trying to find out a reason why some people had the coupons and some didn't that is all. Maybe it just takes awhile to be in the system? I never bought my xb1 or ps4 there only amazon, and I received both.I never really used the monthly ones anyways unless it's a good flip or a friend needs the game. I didn't know the new people don't get them it's not like I need to read the FAQ print when I'm already a member.
You aren't missing out on much. The coupons have been pretty meh for months now.

[quote name="Babymustachio" post="11466106" timestamp="1390446488"]You aren't missing out on much. The coupons have been pretty meh for months now.[/quote]

The dynasty 8 coupon was pretty nice for the flipping price as well the tanks wii u for free. My friends took the free prototype 2 game and the other free one that month. So there has been some ok free games that justified the cost of the membership before the discount.

Is there a way to opt in for promotional emails on bestbuys website?

I ask because I see all the time people on here saying they got emails for 5 bucks off, coupons for this and that but I NEVER get any of those emails even after being a rewards member for years. All I can figure is that I am not signed up for promotional deals under my account but I cant find the option anywhere.

The dynasty 8 coupon was pretty nice for the flipping price as well the tanks wii u for free. My friends took the free prototype 2 game and the other free one that month. So there has been some ok free games that justified the cost of the membership before the discount.
I stand corrected, those are pretty good deals. Not games I would really care to play but for flipping purposes it is nice.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat305300050013&type=category

Not a deal if you own the system since you have to buy one to take advantage. I am assuming that's why the people who bought an Xbox one are not getting this.
Not true. I have an X360 and XOne, and got both xbox themed emails.

You can select what your main console is on the MyBB site. It will show you upcoming games specific to that system on the site. I did that a long time ago, so that could have affected what coupons I received. Definitely worth looking into!

Haven't got mine yet. Can't wait!

Edit: Does anyone know if this coupon or the other 20 dollar discount offer supports multiple uses? I think my friends might need some live subscriptions at that price....
The coupon is a unique code, so I assume it would be a one time use coupon. I guess you will find out sunday because it would be a waste to use the coupon now on a full price live sub card.

Not true. I have an X360 and XOne, and got both xbox themed emails.

You can select what your main console is on the MyBB site. It will show you upcoming games specific to that system on the site. I did that a long time ago, so that could have affected what coupons I received. Definitely worth looking into!
You misunderstood, the coupon is 20 dollars off of live if you buy a console at the same time. Unless you need a second xbox one it's not a deal for you.

I have a coupon that I won't be using. I'll be taking offers via PM.

Edit: ^^For Xbox Live coupon.

As usual, I don't get this coupon, just like I didn't get the 10% coupon... Ugh, what must one do for these elusive coupons!? lol I have some Unlocked coupons if anyone wants to trade for the Xbox LIve coupon.

If anyone got the coupon they would know that the coupon does not state you need to buy a Xbox to get the savings. I guess you did not get the coupon or you would know. So like everyone else I'm waiting to see on Sunday if the system allows it to stack with the XBL sale for the week, event though the coupon says not valid for any current sales.

It says markdowns taken from SALE prices. Not valid with any other coupons, offers or discounts.
But since it says taken from sale prices I'm hoping it will work. I'm probably going to get there when they open tomorrow. Can't pass an extra year of Xbox live for $20.

It says markdowns taken from SALE prices. Not valid with any other coupons, offers or discounts.
But since it says taken from sale prices I'm hoping it will work. I'm probably going to get there when they open tomorrow. Can't pass an extra year of Xbox live for $20.
Looking forward to reports from people tomorrow if it stacks on top of the $39.99 sale price. I probably won't be able to get in a store until Tuesday.

I'm hoping 24 months means you can buy 2 cards.  I haven't gotten two years of live for $40 since that Halo Reach price mistake at Target.

[quote name="Outlaw1986" post="11472660" timestamp="1390676691"]It says markdowns taken from SALE prices. Not valid with any other coupons, offers or discounts.
But since it says taken from sale prices I'm hoping it will work. I'm probably going to get there when they open tomorrow. Can't pass an extra year of Xbox live for $20.[/quote]

I kno what it states, but everyone remembers how the 50% off strategy guides in store sale markdown stacked with the gcu 50% off coupon. Just required a manager override, I will go see what happens when I go into the store later.

I got shot down this morning, I didn't make a fuss about it because I got them to price match splinter cell (different deal).

Well just got out from my best buy and the coupon required an override but she did it without me even asking. So with override I got the 1 year with $10 NFL shop coupon and tote bag for $19.99. They had the day one cards to but I thought I might want a broncos short or something if they win and I got the day one card with my xbox one a few months ago so I already had the shadowjango code.

It would not work for me when I tried today. 

Part of my argument was why would you send me a coupon good until 2-1-14 if I can not possibly use it.  The cards will be on sale until 2-1-14.  I cannot possibly buy one at regular price so the coupon is a waste.  If it could not be stacked, the coupon should have been good from 1-21-14 until 1-25-14. 

I was able to get it for 19.99 as well when the coupon was scanned the price stayed the same as 39.99 they did a override stating the coupon didn't give 20 off. The coupon was still on the receipt so it was marked as used.

Still looking for a coupon for Live as well. Let me know what you want for it if you have one. Been without Live since my Bday of all days (jan 2).

Yeah, the guy scanned it, then looked at it and tried scanning it again. He then said it's already $20 off and that it wasn't taking my coupon. Shrugged made my purchase and left.
When they scan the coupon, then scan the card, they have to manually enter the coupon amount on the register. It'll light up green, they click it, enter the $20 amount, and voila. override shouldn't be necessary. The coupon clearly states it'll stack with the sale price they just have to be told how to do their job unfortunately.

When they scan the coupon, then scan the card, they have to manually enter the coupon amount on the register. It'll light up green, they click it, enter the $20 amount, and voila. override shouldn't be necessary. The coupon clearly states it'll stack with the sale price they just have to be told how to do their job unfortunately.
Aaah I just knew she typed something in and selected coupon and put in $20. Not sure if it's considered a price match or not.

Would love to give this a try if anyone doesn't want to mess with the hassle of trying to get an override. Shoot me a PM if you've got a coupon to spare. Thanks!

No Day One cards there (though the Walmart next to where I live still has like 7 or 8 of them). I grabbed a Forza card, but it was giving the cashier some problems. I made her life easier and just came back with a regular 12 month card. Manager did an override no problem. That Best Buy has always been totally great to me.

If someone has already used their coupon, would you mind posting a pic or something. If worst comes to worst I can play dumb as to why it's not working and just get an override.

bread's done
Back