Best Buy coupon: $20 off 12 month/24 month Xbox Live and other offers - check your email

Dund3r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Received an email from Best Buy titled "Play like a champ with Xbox Live subscription savings".  Inside there is a in-store coupon to save $20 on a 12 month or 24 month Xbox Live subscription.

Coupon states "Markdowns taken from sale prices.  Not valid with any other coupons, offers or discounts" so this should stack with the $40 sale on a 1 year Xbox Live subscription starting 1/26.

Coupon valid 1/14/14 - 2/1/14.

Edit: It appears other users are receiving emails with similar titles but different coupon offers.  YMMV on what you receive.  Some emails offer the option to sign up for GCU for $60, others report a $20 savings offer for getting a DS4 controller & Knack.

Last edited by a moderator:
No Day One cards there (though the Walmart next to where I live still has like 7 or 8 of them). I grabbed a Forza card, but it was giving the cashier some problems. I made her life easier and just came back with a regular 12 month card. Manager did an override no problem. That Best Buy has always been totally great to me.
Glad that your best buy has been totally great to you. I tried and the manager was rude, cuss me out and was very unprofessional. I will call every number and send out an email to the higher ups to see if I can be helped. This store is "okay" but never have I had someone talk to a calm person like that before. Sadly they had one Day One left and I wanted the time but was getting the Shadow Jago code to a friend that got me KI UPE for my Bday and this is how I'm treated for being a nice guy!

I had to get a manager override for this as well.  She was not going to do it at first, but I pointed out how the coupon said it deducted from the sales price.  $20 is great just for LIVE, and it was a nice bonus to pick up the last NFL one on the shelf (with the tote bag and $10 promo for the NFL site).

I had to get a manager override for this as well. She was not going to do it at first, but I pointed out how the coupon said it deducted from the sales price. $20 is great just for LIVE, and it was a nice bonus to pick up the last NFL one on the shelf (with the tote bag and $10 promo for the NFL site).
Same story for me. I got it for $20 as well but it required a manager's override.

I went in today & picked up a Forza card. As with everyone else, my coupon didn't scan, but the cashier went to get another barcode to use, which also didn't work (so I have no idea what that was about).  She read the fine print, then got a manager, who pointed out that it couldn't be combined, to which I pointed out the deduction from Sale price sentence right before it. He basically shrugged, wrote something on the coupon, then overrode it.

Well I just went through the hassle on trying to get a manager to budge on the coupon for 12 month sub.  The manager kept on saying it was double dipping because the clause "Not vailid with any other coupons, offers, or discounts.".  Well I had the employees there test a 24 month card and it did not even on a normal price item, so the coupon was no programmed correctly.  In the end they were willing to just take a manual $20 off the 24 month card.

I guess the only option now to go on the best Buy forums.  I'm pretty sure the Best Buy corporate number would have same response as the store.

I tried yesterday and failed, I went back to the same store today and it worked with no problem/manager override. The guy that rang me up yesterday seemed like he was clueless so I just said "nevermind" and went on my merry way. I went in today with the hopes that at least one of two specific employees would be there, and I got lucky and they both were there. I went to one of them and she processed it with no hitch! I'm wondering if the problem is employee error.

I picked up mine today - no manager override needed. They scanned the card first and then the coupon and it took the $20 off automatically. Perhaps whatever was up with the programming in the system has been fixed?

I picked up mine today - no manager override needed. They scanned the card first and then the coupon and it took the $20 off automatically. Perhaps whatever was up with the programming in the system has been fixed?
Can anyone else report on this?

Sweet now everybody gets a chance to use there coupons. Feel sorry for everybody that was getting accused of double dipping. Glad I had no problems using mine on Sunday.

for anyone that got the override you should try going back to the store and using the coupon again.
U think? Because they actually did scan it and the coupon showed up on screen then she selected coupon and entered the amount. I don't want to go there and look like an ass. Maybe I'll try it Saturday. Lol

Anyone looking to trade their coupon? :p

Pm me. Btw glad this is starting to work now. Stupid it took them so long to sort it all out.

U think? Because they actually did scan it and the coupon showed up on screen then she selected coupon and entered the amount. I don't want to go there and look like an ass. Maybe I'll try it Saturday. Lol
I say it's worth it, for mine they didn't have to enter anything, just scanned it and off came $20. Seems like maybe it needed to be programmed into the system perhaps.

No problem with the $20 off coupon and the NFL Tote/12 month card bundle last night.

However, the $10 off Xbox One or Live coupon didn't work with Battlefield 4 and needed the manager override.

My store still had two Day One cards. Snatched one up, although it still required an override.
Now to redeem Shadow Jago or trade it. Hmm.
Same. My store had 5 day one cards magically appear yesterday. I have looked recently and they haven't had any, maybe they were shipped more or found stock?

Anyway I planned on keeping Shadow Jago until I saw that he's going for around $30 on the bay...decisions.

Same. My store had 5 day one cards magically appear yesterday. I have looked recently and they haven't had any, maybe they were shipped more or found stock?

Anyway I planned on keeping Shadow Jago until I saw that he's going for around $30 on the bay...decisions.
Wow, thanks for making my decision for me lol

So after my horrific experience on Sunday, I decided to try again today. The people at best buy rewards sent me a $10 cert for my troubles and I was able to get the last Day one editions. He's the interesting part, It was the last one Sunday also and the ONLY guy who tried to help me secretly hid it behind a stack of other 12 mo cards. He wasn't there but I knew he did it because he was the one who put it back. In the end it all worked, but the hell of being disrespected was still uncalled for!

I called the BB digital department complained and I was given a coupon that allowed me to purchase the 1 year subscription for $20. I also have 3 of the 2yr GCU $30 coupons for anyone who would like to trade.

I called the BB digital department complained and I was given a coupon that allowed me to purchase the 1 year subscription for $20. I also have 3 of the 2yr GCU $30 coupons for anyone who would like to trade.

Was it as easy as just calling the digital dept and telling them you didn't receive a live coupon?

Tried using my coupon again today, since it took an override on Sunday.

Grabbed the NFL card, and the coupon worked with no issues or override needed/

2 years for $40 is the best I've ever scored on an XBL sub

Tried using my coupon again today, since it took an override on Sunday.
Grabbed the NFL card, and the coupon worked with no issues or override needed/
2 years for $40 is the best I've ever scored on an XBL sub
Not accurate... I went today and tried it and when he scanned my coupon it says it has already been redeemed and no dice on trying to get him to price adjust anyway. :whistle2:(

bread's done
Back