►Best Buy Deals: Select Games w/$10 in Rewards & Other BB Deals!

stryker

CAGiversary!
Please See WikiPost!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best Buy Deals

New Releases: This Week
Current Deals: On Sale Now
Pre-Order Program: Select Games / FAQ

In-Store Events: When & Where
Missing Game Codes?: Read This
Customer Service: Chat or Call (1-888-237-8289)
Store Pickup: How It Works
Price Match Guarantee: FAQ
Trade-In: Get Estimates

▼ Read Me! FAQ ▼ Pre-Order $10 Program
Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of a
qualifying game and get multiple awards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy
member per game title.
What if I pre-ordered a qualifying game before I
saw this offer?
If you pre-ordered a qualifying game before seeing
this offer, you’ll still qualify for the offer as long as
your member ID is attached to the transaction.
When will I receive my $10 reward certificate?
For each qualified purchase, you will receive 500 My
Best Buy points (worth $10 in reward certificates)
credited to your account approximately 15–20 days
after street date or store pickup.
If I pre-order a game now using my GCU and the
game releases after my membership ends, will
I still get the 20% off discount?
- From BestBuy Support Forums (link):
For in-store pre-orders, I can definitively say that if
your GCU membership is expired when you
complete your pickup, you will not receive the 20%
discount. This is because in-store pre-orders are not
processed until the time of pickup, and we only
collect an up-front deposit.

Pre-orders made on BestBuy.com are not as cut and
dry as in-store, but it is possible to retain your GCU
discount on a title released after your membership
expires for these types of pre-orders. Reason being,
when you place your pre-order the GCU discount is
calculated up front, and we then pre-authorize the
discounted total with your bank. If all goes well, the
discount can be retained upon release, however,
there is no guarantee.

A sure way to lose the discount on BestBuy.com
pre-orders is if any modifications are made to the
order prior to release, but after your membership
has expired. These modifications could be updating
the billing address, changing the form of payment,
and others. This is because when a modification is
made it triggers another authorization on your form of
payment, which should recalculate the price if your
GCU membership is no longer active.
►Previous Years (2013-2019)

►$10 (Rewards) w/Pre-Order
title / release date / publisher
Far Cry 5 03/27 (Ubisoft)
Madden NFL 19 08/07 (EA)
Shadow Tomb Raider 09/14 (Square Enix)
FIFA 19 09/25 (EA)
Assassin's Creed Odyssey 10/05 (Ubisoft)
Call of Duty: BO4 10/12 (Activision)
Battlefield V 10/16 (EA)
Fallout 76 11/14 (Bethesda)
Just Cause 4 12/04 (Square Enix)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 12/07 (Nintendo)

$10 (eGift Card) w/Pre-Order
Monster Energy Supercross 02/13 (Milestone)
Metal Gear Survive 02/20 (Konami)
Extinction 04/10 (Maximum Games)
Vampyr 06/05 (Focus Home Interactive)
Super Bomberman R SE 06/12 (Konami)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 08/28 (Konami)
Warriors Orochi 4 10/16 (Koei Tecmo)
Call of Cthulhu 10/30 (Maximum Games)
Farming Simulator 19 11/20 (Maximum Games)
My Riding Staples 11/23 (Kalypso)
Project Highrise 11/23 (Kalypso)
title / release date / publisher / date added to promo
Madden NFL 18 - 08/22 (EA) 05/12
Destiny 2 - 09/06 (Activision) 04/12
NBA 2K18 - 09/15 (2K) 5/14
FIFA 18 - 09/26 (EA) 06/07
Middle-earth: SoW - 10/10 (WB Games) 05/07
South Park: TFBW - 10/17 (Ubisoft) 06/02
Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27 (Ubisoft) 06/11
Super Mario Odyssey - 10/27 (Nintendo) 06/13
Call of Duty: WWII - 11/03 (Activision) 04/26
Star Wars: Battlefront II - 11/14 (EA) 04/14

$10 (eGift Card) w/Pre-Order
title / release date / publisher / date added to promo
Portal Knights: GTE - 05/23 (505 Games) 04/30
Samuari Warriors: SoS - 05/23 (Koei Techmo) 05/12
Agents of Mayhem - 08/15 (Deep Silver) 07/04
Warrior All-Stars - 08/29 (Koei Tecmo) 07/29
PES 2018: Pro Evo Soccer - 09/12 (Konami) 07/29
The Division - 03/08 (Ubisoft)
Battleborn - 05/03 (2K)
Doom - 05/13 (Bethesda)
Overwatch - 05/23 (Blizzard)
Lego Star Wars - 06/28 (WB)
Madden 17 - 08/23 (EA)
Attack on Titan  - 08/30 (Koei Tecmo)
FIFA 17 - 09/27 (EA)
NBA 2k17 - 09/20 (2K)
Mafia 3 - 10/07 (2K)
Battlefield 1 - 10/21 (EA)
Gears of War 4 - 10/11 (Microsoft)
Titanfall 2 - 10/28 (EA)
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - 11/04 (Activision)
Final Fantasy XV - 11/29 (Square Enix)
Dying Light - 01/27 (WB Games)
Battlefield: Hardline - 03/17 (EA)
Mortal Kombat X - 04/14 (WB Games)
Batman: Arkham Knight - 06/23 (WB Games)
Madden 16 - 08/25 (EA)
Witcher 3 - 05/19 (CD Project Red)
Gears of War: UE - 08/25 (Microsoft)
Disney Infinity 3.0 - 08/30 (Disney)
Mad Max - 09/01 (WB Games)
Metal Gear Solid: TPP - 09/01 (Konami)
Forza Motorsport 6 - 09/15 (Microsoft)
FIFA 16 - 09/22 (EA)
NBA 2K16 - 09/25 (2K)
Guitar Hero Live - 10/20 (Activision)
Assassin's Creed Syndicate - 10/23 (Ubisoft)
Halo 5: Guardians - 10/27 (Microsoft)
Evolve - 02/10 (2K)
Call of Duty: Black Ops III - 11/06 (Activision)
Fallout 4 - 11/10 (Bethesda)
Rise of the Tomb Raider - 11/10 (Microsoft)
Star Wars Battlefront - 11/17 (EA)
Rainbow Six Siege - 12/01 (Ubisoft)
South Park: Stick of Truth - 03/04 (Ubisoft)
Madden 15 - 08/26 (EA)
The Sims 4 - 09/02 (EA)
Destiny - 09/09 (Activision)
FIFA 15 - 09/23 (EA)
Sunset Overdrive - 10/28 (Microsoft)
COD: Advanced Warfare - 11/03 (Activision)
Assassin's Creed: Unity - 11/11 (Ubisoft)
Halo: Master Chief Collection - 11/11 (Microsoft)
Far Cry 4 - 11/18 (Ubisoft)
Grand Theft Auto 5 - 11/18 (Rockstar)
Battlefield 4 - 11/12 (EA)
Assassin's Creed: Black Flag - 11/19 (Ubisoft)
Splinter Cell: Black List - 08/20 (Ubisoft)
Watch Dogs - 11/15 (Ubisoft)
Madden NFL 25 - 11/19 (EA)
FIFA 14 - 11/19 (EA)
NBA 2K14 - 11/19 (2K)
Batman: Arkham Origins - 10/25 (WB Games)
COD: Ghosts - 11/19 (Activision)
►END

Last edited by a moderator:
You're using the copies from Walmart as a free rental while the store that screwed you over gets the benefit of the sale. If not illegal, it's certainly unethical.
I don't get it. It doesn't matter you're using it for.

For example, you buy a game from Walmart on Monday, you use it (unopened, undamaged) as a prop for a video that you're shooting, then you return it on Friday. Is that unethical? (I'm guessing you'll think yes because you're using something for free.)

Second scenario, you buy a game from Walmart on Monday, it sits on your dresser all week, on Friday you change your mind and decide you don't want it anymore so you return it. Is that unethical?

In both cases, Walmart got their game back brand new. You got your money back.

Hm, that's a good point there. But this isn't a niche JRPG. I'm betting there's plenty of stock to go around.

But in lesser known, hard-to-find titles, maaaybeee....

Hm, that's a good point there. But this isn't a niche JRPG. I'm betting there's plenty of stock to go around.

But in lesser known, hard-to-find titles, maaaybeee....
Oh I agree, and have a hard time sympathizing with the plight of mass market merchandisers. Just pointing out why it would be considered unethical

Yup, my coin shipped too. My game is still preparing though... This seems awful similar to what happened with South Park, and that game didn't arrive until 6 days after the release date...

I don't get it. It doesn't matter you're using it for.

For example, you buy a game from Walmart on Monday, you use it (unopened, undamaged) as a prop for a video that you're shooting, then you return it on Friday. Is that unethical? (I'm guessing you'll think yes because you're using something for free.)

Second scenario, you buy a game from Walmart on Monday, it sits on your dresser all week, on Friday you change your mind and decide you don't want it anymore so you return it. Is that unethical?

In both cases, Walmart got their game back brand new. You got your money back.
Except they didn't. You used the copy you bought at Walmart and returned a different copy purchased at a different retailer. The standard is simple, if you can tell the employee what you did and they still accept the return under their policy, then fine. Otherwise, it is clearly unethical.

just buy the game with cash at best buy without using your gcu account, then return the game best buy shipped late to you on that receipt.

besides that, what ethics does wal mart have?

Except they didn't. You used the copy you bought at Walmart and returned a different copy purchased at a different retailer. The standard is simple, if you can tell the employee what you did and they still accept the return under their policy, then fine. Otherwise, it is clearly unethical.
that makes no sense. Their policy does not care that you bought and then returned it; only that you returned a game you purchased from them and it is in new condition. Both of those conditions are true. Trying to explain to the cashier, anything, is letting them choose your morality, which coming from you, seems....odd.
If you do not wish to do this, do not do it but it is not unethical or any other negative thing you want to call it.

Anyone get an in-store pickup email for Mario Odyssey? My Best Buy is one of the locations that's doing a 9pm/midnight release and I'd like to get it tonight, but I know they won't let me pick it up until the email is sent out. If it doesn't get sent out, I'll probably buy another copy and return the other one once it arrives.

And for anyone that had to update their Visa Checkout order, be sure to calculate the taxes and fees that get updated. I had to change my payment info since my original card got hacked and I ended up getting taxed 7 bucks on a $49 game. I had to contact CS to get my $3 back.

that makes no sense. Their policy does not care that you bought and then returned it; only that you returned a game you purchased from them and it is in new condition. Both of those conditions are true. Trying to explain to the cashier, anything, is letting them choose your morality, which coming from you, seems....odd.
If you do not wish to do this, do not do it but it is not unethical or any other negative thing you want to call it.
Great, if their policy doesn't care, please inform them of what you did and that what you are returning is not there item, but another identical item purchased from another retailer. I suspect many employees will not be so eager to process the return.

My order for Super Mario Odyssey says Preparing, but when i click for more details i get  Ready for Pickup on Friday 27: the Your item is ready to pick up  :shock: 

Mario Odyssey shipped this morning. No updates from UPS. The three amiibo's also shipped this morning.  FedEx scheduled delivery Sat 10/28/2017 by end of the day. The coin and the collector's edition guide are still listed as preparing.

Edit: The coin shipped. FedEx scheduled delivery Sat 10/28/2017 by end of the day. Mario Odyssey should be delivered tomorrow according to the email I received from UPS. The collector's edition guide is still listed as preparing. I am tempted to cancel that order.

Edit: The collector's edition guide shipped from a Best Buy store that is about a half an hour to 45 minutes away. It should be here tomorrow according UPS.

I just want to start by saying I am genuinely curious at an intellectual level why we see things differently. I am not trying to be annoying or a jerk in case anyone was wondering.

With that out of the way, I don't understand why it has to be the exact one you bought. As long as they can put it back on the shelf and sell it, it's ok.

Here's another scenario. You need plates at home, you see some you like at Target so you buy one on Monday. On Tuesday, you think that plate was a really good deal, so you buy a second one from Target. On Wednesday, unknown to you, your significant other goes by Walmart and sees some plates (same price as Target) and buys 3 of them. On Thursday, you guys do some cleaning around the kitchen and realize you now have 5 identical plates -- 2 bought from Target and 3 bought from Walmart. You decide you don't need so many and will only keep 3 of them. (None of the plates have been used yet and all of them are perfectly clean.) You grab 2 plates, return them to Target with the two receipts. I assume we agree that's ethical? Now what if I told you those two plates, despite being identical to the ones bought from Target, were actually the ones from Walmart? Does that now make it unethical? They're identical plates. Target can put them back on the shelf and sell them.

I just want to start by saying I am genuinely curious at an intellectual level why we see things differently. I am not trying to be annoying or a jerk in case anyone was wondering.

With that out of the way, I don't understand why it has to be the exact one you bought. As long as they can put it back on the shelf and sell it, it's ok.

Here's another scenario. You need plates at home, you see some you like at Target so you buy one on Monday. On Tuesday, you think that plate was a really good deal, so you buy a second one from Target. On Wednesday, unknown to you, your significant other goes by Walmart and sees some plates (same price as Target) and buys 3 of them. On Thursday, you guys do some cleaning around the kitchen and realize you now have 5 identical plates -- 2 bought from Target and 3 bought from Walmart. You decide you don't need so many and will only keep 3 of them. (None of the plates have been used yet and all of them are perfectly clean.) You grab 2 plates, return them to Target with the two receipts. I assume we agree that's ethical? Now what if I told you those two plates, despite being identical to the ones bought from Target, were actually the ones from Walmart? Does that now make it unethical? They're identical plates. Target can put them back on the shelf and sell them.
The difference is that you haven't used the plates and you didn't buy the plates in an attempt to get free use of them until such time as the retailer that screwed you over delivers slightly cheaper but identical plates. Like I said, the bright line is what the policy will allow if you are totally honest about what you have done. I'm relatively certain that if you tell Walmart you bought too many plates between the two stores and you're not 100% sure if the plates are theirs or Targets, they likely won't care. If, however, you tell them you used their plates and got identical plates cheaper at Target that you are now returning, I'm pretty sure that they might take issue with that. In the game situation it's even more troubling because you purchased the item knowing it wasn't something you were going to keep and specifically with the intention of getting to use it while the retailer that screwed you over gets the benefit of the sale. Returns aren't free to a retailer and they cost time and money to process, so you have hurt the retailer getting stuck with the return even more.

The difference is that you haven't used the plates and you didn't buy the plates in an attempt to get free use of them until such time as the retailer that screwed you over delivers slightly cheaper but identical plates. Like I said, the bright line is what the policy will allow if you are totally honest about what you have done. I'm relatively certain that if you tell Walmart you bought too many plates between the two stores and you're not 100% sure if the plates are theirs or Targets, they likely won't care. If, however, you tell them you used their plates and got identical plates cheaper at Target that you are now returning, I'm pretty sure that they might take issue with that. In the game situation it's even more troubling because you purchased the item knowing it wasn't something you were going to keep and specifically with the intention of getting to use it while the retailer that screwed you over gets the benefit of the sale. Returns aren't free to a retailer and they cost time and money to process, so you have hurt the retailer getting stuck with the return even more.
...ok lets say I purchased a game from target tomorrow morning and I have opened the game and played it. My wife comes home later that evening with a surprise, the same game I just bought. My wife can not find the receipt, however I have the receipt from target. Does this become unethical by returning the sealed game to target?

The conversation in here today...just wow.

If it's the same exact item what does it matter? Forget the morality part of it because that's subjective. From a legal standpoint, you buy the same game x from Store A and Store B. You later return the copy purchased to Store A from Store B. It's still the same item in the same condition as it was sold. No crime.

You guys are cracking me up. I assure you that you can tell Wal-Mart the God honest truth and if you have a receipt that shows you bought a copy of something there and you have another copy that will scan in their system, you are golden.

Where do you draw the line? What about from one Wal-Mart to another if you're so hell bent on one store's inventory? I will call someone out for fraud or ethics in a heartbeat and trust me, this isn't even close.

...ok lets say I purchased a game from target tomorrow morning and I have opened the game and played it. My wife comes home later that evening with a surprise, the same game I just bought. My wife can not find the receipt, however I have the receipt from target. Does this become unethical by returning the sealed game to target?
Yes.

Guys.

C'mon now.

Guys.

02.jpg

LOL @ the white knighting for the large big box chains, especially when no harm is being done.
Yes, meanwhile, retailer after retailer in the United States is closing stores, laying off employees and in some cases disappearing completely. Believe me, you don't want to be a CAG in a world where there are no more big box chains and the Amazons of the world get to dictate pricing and everything else. But please, tell me about how no harm is done when you waste employee and company resources and money and prevent a retailer from selling the copy you are renting for free while your preferred retailer who can't get it together and ship on time gets your business.

Yes, meanwhile, retailer after retailer in the United States is closing stores, laying off employees and in some cases disappearing completely. Believe me, you don't want to be a CAG in a world where there are no more big box chains and the Amazons of the world get to dictate pricing and everything else. But please, tell me about how no harm is done when you waste employee and company resources and money and prevent a retailer from selling the copy you are renting for free while your preferred retailer who can't get it together and ship on time gets your business.
Dude seriously it's just a game...If a big chain store sells other shit and make money off of other stuff there going to be fine. No harm done in the end. People stop replying to this guy seriously I'm more of a lurker and I needed to comment because this just annoyed me. geez

Coin and game shipping toget via Fed Ex. Scheduled tomorrow but knowing them they probably won’t ring my apartment bell and claim nobody is home when my mother can’t run fast downstairs to answer since we can’t acknowledge the bell from upstairs.

Dude seriously it's just a game...If a big chain store sells other shit and make money off of other stuff there going to be fine. No harm done in the end. People stop replying to this guy seriously I'm more of a lurker and I needed to comment because this just annoyed me. geez
Like I said, be honest with the retailer. If they are fine with what you are doing and it doesn't violate their policies, no problem. If you have to lie to make it work, you and I both know it's not ok. Also, I find great irony in the fact that you are advising others to stop replying, but insisted on replying yourself.

Anyone here order the Fire Emblem Warriors:SE for delivery?  Finally got my copy yesterday(when it was supposed to come in on the 20th) and was wondering if anybody else got a damaged copy. My copy has its edges scuffed around and minor dents from the game shaking inside.

Anyone here order the Fire Emblem Warriors:SE for delivery? Finally got my copy yesterday(when it was supposed to come in on the 20th) and was wondering if anybody else got a damaged copy. My copy has its edges scuffed around and minor dents from the game shaking inside.
I got my copy yesterday and it arrived in good condition in a box. The box also had a lithium ion battery sticker on it for whatever reason, so maybe that encouraged UPS to treat it more delicately?

Nevermind; the event starts at 8pm so I'll miss the release tonight. anyway  Looking forward to tomorrow, though :)

My Best Buy is doing a 9:01pm release tonight for Super Mario Odyssey near me (Washington State).  How long does the store stay open for releases such as this?  Until the line dies down, for one hour, etc.?  What have been your experiences?

Sorry to ask this here but I spent 30 minutes on the phone with their system and eventually two kind, but uninformed human beings (not their fault at all; seems like Best Buy doesn't even inform their phone reps) and for an hour on their website and online trying to find the answer.  I came up with nothing and the website doesn't list an end time.

I'm coming from an event that probably goes past 9pm tonight and I just wanted to know if it was worth heading there afterward to pick up my preorder or just pick it up tomorrow after work.

Thanks in advance, fellow CAGs!

So I'll get my $10 cert tomorrow when i pick up Mario Odyssey, right?
Maybe, it may depend on when you pre-ordered. Generally, when when I pre-order a game 2-3 weeks or more before release, I get the $10 in points on the first day. If I wait a few days before a game's release to pre-order, it usually takes 2-3 weeks before I get the bonus $10.

Anyone get an in-store pickup email for Mario Odyssey? My Best Buy is one of the locations that's doing a 9pm/midnight release and I'd like to get it tonight, but I know they won't let me pick it up until the email is sent out. If it doesn't get sent out, I'll probably buy another copy and return the other one once it arrives.

And for anyone that had to update their Visa Checkout order, be sure to calculate the taxes and fees that get updated. I had to change my payment info since my original card got hacked and I ended up getting taxed 7 bucks on a $49 game. I had to contact CS to get my $3 back.
Is there any way to get the Visa promo credit applied again through a customer chat? BB updated my Mario order to $80. No way I’m paying $80 for Mario.

I guess I waited too long to get the $10 preorder reward.  It is still listed on the site but not on the game page. Had to be placed by 5pm CST.  I did it one hour too late.

Is there any way to get the Visa promo credit applied again through a customer chat? BB updated my Mario order to $80. No way I’m paying $80 for Mario.
I kinda confused about this same issue.
Mine also said $85ish but I did some napkin math and I think that was for all my items total in the order.
So I'm thinking it will deduct what you were charged earlier and will then update the correct amount.
Now, I am not certain, but I did check my Visa card and the other items were already charged.
Also, I was unable to get the numbers to come out right in case that was the charge for JUST Mario, I always came up short. So I'm hoping my speculation is correct

PM's must be broken again. I sure wish this site would fix them. Gosh

Had the game ordered for delivery but was afraid that it wouldn't get delivered on time. Going to go pick it up tonight at the store down the road from me.

Weird logic.

I pre-ordered Odyssey digital about 2 months ago. No code yet.

I pre-ordered another digital copy an hour ago. I got my code.

You sure that's not your total order? I got charged an extra $16 and $20 on two different orders since I already received some items and they had to charge for the promo and taxes. I ended up getting charged $3-$4 more than I should, but nothing crazy.

I didn't even bother to get the promo applied back. When I updated my payment info, I went through CS hoping that it would not re-calculate but no dice.

Oh and I also tweeted at best buy (seriously) about not receiving an email pickup notice but the order status saying it's ready for pickup. They said I should be able to pick up my copy tonight.

You had to buy 2 games for that visa checkout deal. $80 sounds like you bought 2 games with GCU, not just Mario

Mario for $80 is fullblown canadian

bread's done
Back