Best Buy DotD The Witcher III: Wild Hunt - XBox One $20/$16

Well to be fair I had to go back into my purchase history to be certain. No big thing.
I did too and that's why I commented, because I actually paid $17.31 for mine. It said $19.99 with $3.66 discounted and $.98 for taxes.

Perhaps I used a certificate or something? It was part of a huge order, so it's possible...

EDIT : Nevermind; Just went back and looked. I used $30 in certificates on that order, so that explains it all. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those interested, Gog.com currently has the the :pc: The Witcher III + Expansion Pass [bundle] on sale for $49.99. Also the first two Witcher games are on sale, too.

Game of the Generation thus far.  I imagine a GOTY edition will be coming out before the end of the year, since both expansion packs have been finished.  Still worth getting at this price though. 

For those interested, Gog.com currently has the the :pc: The Witcher III + Expansion Pass [bundle] on sale for $49.99. Also the first two Witcher games are on sale, too.
Not to mention Steam has them all on sale as well (48.74 for game/pass, and 29.59 for all 3 games no pass)

Own the game on PS4, wouldn't mind grabbing it on PC though.. wish the deal included all 3 platforms not just xbox one.

Great deal for the console version with the best framerate.

I wonder if all copies still include the deluxe packaging? I bought mine on Black Friday because I was worried that later copies wouldn't include the extras, as that happened with The Witcher 2 on 360 also.

Well every game on the PC is superior so that goes without saying. There are a few exceptions that were made specifically for consoles that had shitty PC ports like arkham knight.

This is a great deal though for X1 users.

People that plat'd this are sadomasochistic. That crossbow trophy was the biggest pile of shit.
After beating the game on Death March, I forget the name of it, but there is a quarry with bandits. Drop the difficulty to easy and kill them with heads hots. Then fast travel away and back, they respawn, repeat. It was the last one I got for the plat. Played well over 200 hours total, but hard to say how much of that was gwent lol

Would open my wallet wide open for a mobile version of gwent like Hearthstone

Great day to check out game deals! Backlog getting big, but from all the great things I heard and $10 off Best Buy pts saved up can't pass up this deal. Thanks!

I recently got a new laptop.  Well not *new*, because I couldn't afford a brand new Alienware.  Instead, I trolled Amazon Warehouse Deals and ebay until I got an Alienware 17 R3 for $1080.  It has the i7 proc, 8GB ram, 1TB SATA and 128GB SSD, 970M, and was listed as having a 1080p screen (turned out to be 4K).  I added a 500GB SSD (Amazon discounted pickup, never used), and got the Alienware amp brand new in the box off eBay for $150 shipped.  So I spent about $1400 total, for a laptop that is perfect and worth hundreds more.  Sorry, I'm still thrilled I could get it and put it together for so cheap.

Bottom line, I'm not a big RPG gamer.  But when a friend convinced me to get Skyrim Legendary and install it on my gaming tower, I actually played it and when through quite a few towns and missions.  Made it to the top of the mountain and learned the new skills before I started playing other games and didn't go back.  But I've heard SO many good things about Wild Hunt, I figured it was time to pick it up.

That said, hearing about the framerate, I knew the PC version was the way to go.  And since Amazon and Best Buy were still charing nearly full price, I didn't figure I'd get it anytime soon.  Then I saw that Steam had it on sale, and sure enough...$25 for the game, $29 for the trilogy (which is what I got), and $48 (I think) for the game and season pass.  Bought and left it installing last night.  Probably check it out tonight and see what I think.

Are you guys saying you got a steel case version, or is it the paper slip case that has the Bonus Content - Witcher Universe Compendium, etc..? Mine was just the paper slip case version with the bonus content.

Game of the Generation thus far. I imagine a GOTY edition will be coming out before the end of the year, since both expansion packs have been finished. Still worth getting at this price though.
I'm holding out for this price on the digital version of the GotY. Deals like this make it hard, but then I just think about my backlog, and how little I actually get to play anymore, and somehow I'm still staying strong,

Are you guys saying you got a steel case version, or is it the paper slip case that has the Bonus Content - Witcher Universe Compendium, etc..? Mine was just the paper slip case version with the bonus content.
I got the steel case version on release and you basically had the paper slip case with the steel case as a separate add on. The steel case never replaced the paper slip version (at least for me it didn't).

Just the paper sleeve for me.

I recently got a new laptop. Well not *new*, because I couldn't afford a brand new Alienware. Instead, I trolled Amazon Warehouse Deals and ebay until I got an Alienware 17 R3 for $1080. It has the i7 proc, 8GB ram, 1TB SATA and 128GB SSD, 970M, and was listed as having a 1080p screen (turned out to be 4K). I added a 500GB SSD (Amazon discounted pickup, never used), and got the Alienware amp brand new in the box off eBay for $150 shipped. So I spent about $1400 total, for a laptop that is perfect and worth hundreds more. Sorry, I'm still thrilled I could get it and put it together for so cheap.

Bottom line, I'm not a big RPG gamer. But when a friend convinced me to get Skyrim Legendary and install it on my gaming tower, I actually played it and when through quite a few towns and missions. Made it to the top of the mountain and learned the new skills before I started playing other games and didn't go back. But I've heard SO many good things about Wild Hunt, I figured it was time to pick it up.

That said, hearing about the framerate, I knew the PC version was the way to go. And since Amazon and Best Buy were still charing nearly full price, I didn't figure I'd get it anytime soon. Then I saw that Steam had it on sale, and sure enough...$25 for the game, $29 for the trilogy (which is what I got), and $48 (I think) for the game and season pass. Bought and left it installing last night. Probably check it out tonight and see what I think.
What did you hear about the framerate? I am a graphics whore, and can't stand framerate or screen tearing, and The Witcher 3 had very unstable framerate on release week. Once they released the first patch, the framerate has been as stable as you can expect on a console now (steady 30 fps in 99% of the game so far), so I'm not sure if you are getting old info, or if you are referring to something I have not yet experienced or read about.

What did you hear about the framerate? I am a graphics whore, and can't stand framerate or screen tearing, and The Witcher 3 had very unstable framerate on release week. Once they released the first patch, the framerate has been as stable as you can expect on a console now (steady 30 fps in 99% of the game so far), so I'm not sure if you are getting old info, or if you are referring to something I have not yet experienced or read about.
I can't remember if I read it here or on IGN, but someone was saying that while it generally holds 30 fps, on the consoles it still can have issues and drop below that. I didn't know about the patch, so I can't speak to they wrote it before or after. I plan on getting a 1070 or 1080 for my Alienware Graphics Amp, and then I can not only run most games at Ultra, I can get the Oculus if and when I can afford one.

I can't remember if I read it here or on IGN, but someone was saying that while it generally holds 30 fps, on the consoles it still can have issues and drop below that. I didn't know about the patch, so I can't speak to they wrote it before or after. I plan on getting a 1070 or 1080 for my Alienware Graphics Amp, and then I can not only run most games at Ultra, I can get the Oculus if and when I can afford one.
Nice. Yeah, it's absolutely no comparison to the PC version, but I jsut didn't want you (or anyone) to feel as if you would be robbed of an amazing experience by bad framerate issues. I bet they were talking about before the patch. It has now been patched many times, and about 2 patches ago, they made the framerate worse on X1 to fix a ps4 issue, but that was fixed in 1.12 (I think that's the version) a bit later, so it's back at a smooth 30. No one could be disappointed with the quality of the console version at this point. That's not to say you will be playing the best version, of course, but it's an outstanding accomplishment by CDPR on consoles.

Surprised to see that I received the paper sleeve copy with Soundtrack/Map included. Not bad for $11 after GCU & $5 Reward Cert!

bread's done
Back