Best Buy E3 sale June 1st-7th

New games added, deal is still on as of now. I just preordered Transformers and Family Guy both for 10$ off only (no reward points) and also noticed Rocksmith and the upcoming Spiderman game.

EDIT: also Sonic, Skylander, Counterstrike, some Vita games... And South Park now offers both 10$ off and 10$ reward points (I re-ordered :p)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KAPBAM']New games added, deal is still on as of now. I just preordered Transformers and Family Guy both for 10$ off only (no reward points) and also noticed Rocksmith and the upcoming Spiderman game.
[/QUOTE] It's been extended to the 11th, thank God. I want to pre-order in-store for some of these.

I just added South Park for PS3, they added the 800 points to it today. They probably extended it because of all the sales if I had to guess. Don't forget to check each game for the $10 off, a few are online only.

[quote name='Mr.']It's been extended to the 11th, thank God. I want to pre-order in-store for some of these.[/QUOTE]

Oh hadn't noticed that! Maybe they'll add even a few more by then... If that's even possible! Lol this E3's been generous. Oh right, the only games really I feel are missing are DmC and LBP Karting.

EDIT: One thing I'm left wondering, is if they decide to add the reward points to some of these preorders down the line, will we get them on top of our -10$ do you think? Not sure how that works. If the reward points are attached to your order then perhaps not. But if they are attached to the title, it stands to reason that all preorders of that game will get the points regardless of what it said when you placed your order.

They added/edited some more. Persona 4 Golden and Pokemon Conquest (but it's currently only $5 off) are up, Saints Row Third Dominatrix PS360 and Sonic Kart Transformed 3DS are $30 (plus $10 off).

BTW, which Vita games are $10 off with 800 RZ points?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mr.']BTW, which Vita games are $10 off with 800 RZ points?[/QUOTE]

None, the Vita games only have 10$ off, no points. Which is a fine deal, considering they are 40$ and usially have at most 5$ off for preordering online.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I don't see them doing this, giving away an extra $10.[/QUOTE]

I would assume it doubles the points you get from the value of the game, but no not the 800 points "bonus".

[quote name='TheKruseMissile']You get double points for every dollar spent, not for every point earned.[/QUOTE]

Right, you said it better than me!

Also, Tomb Raider and Metal Gear Rising now have reward points.

Capcom just announced that Resident Evil 6 will get an "Anthology" special edition.

Resident Evil 6 Anthology (PlayStation 3)
  • Resident Evil 6
  • Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition
  • Resident Evil 4 HD
  • Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
  • Resident Evil 2
  • Resident Evil: Director's Cut

Resident Evil 6 Archives (Xbox 360)
  • Resident Evil 6
  • Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition
  • Resident Evil 4 HD
  • Resident Evil Code: Veronica X HD
  • Resident Evil Degeneration (DVD film)

Both retail for $89.99.

But, until Monday, Best Buy takes off $10. So that's $79.99. Which, I think, makes the PS3 version a very good deal. $80 for 6 games. I assume they'll have RE 5 & 6 on discs, and have codes for the other ones.

As of posting, they haven't included the bonus 800 Reward Zone points, but that might change.

However, I realize the "hotness" of this deal will vary per person, since there's lots of digital copies out of RE 1 - 4, and RE5 can be found for pretty cheap these days. I have RE 1-3 because PS+ gave them away for free a few months back.

Still, I hope someone finds it useful! Thanks.

The games are actually all digital downloads, except RE6 itself.

[quote name='Donburiboy']Capcom just announced that Resident Evil 6 will get an "Anthology" special edition.

I assume they'll have RE 5 & 6 on discs, and have codes for the other ones.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Derfel']The games are actually all digital downloads, except RE6 itself.[/QUOTE]

Oh, good to know. Thanks.

[quote name='KAPBAM']Right, you said it better than me!

Also, Tomb Raider and Metal Gear Rising now have reward points.[/QUOTE]
I think Rising had the points since day 1, at least the PS3 version did. Tomb Raider PC did. I didn't check any 360 versions though.

[quote name='Mr.']They added/edited some more. Persona 4 Golden and Pokemon Conquest (but it's currently only $5 off) are up,[/QUOTE]

I was wondering when they were going to put Pokemon Conquest up. Might as well switch my preorder to here as well. :bouncy: Was kind of hoping for Persona 4: Golden to be more than $5 off :p

[quote name='TronB']I was wondering when they were going to put Pokemon Conquest up. Might as well switch my preorder to here as well. :bouncy: Was kind of hoping for Persona 4: Golden to be more than $5 off :p
[/QUOTE]

They changed it... normal price but 800 reward zones points now

[quote name='Faytz']They changed it... normal price but 800 reward zones points now[/QUOTE]

Dang! Should have pre-ordered for the $5 and gotten the points... was waiting for it to be $10 off like the other vita titles.

[quote name='Rastafari']Dang! Should have pre-ordered for the $5 and gotten the points... was waiting for it to be $10 off like the other vita titles.[/QUOTE]

Before it was only $5 and didn't have the 800RZ points, wasn't it?

[quote name='squirrelmaster']Damnit BestBuy stop adding games!! I added Heroes of Ruin to my long list of preorders, 14 and counting so far lol.[/QUOTE]

I did the same! Heroes of Ruin (3DS) is now $10 off as well as Persona 4: Golden for the vita. Both for $29.99 makes me a happy camper...

Persona 4 went from $5 off to 800 points for pre-ordering to $10 off in like 24 hours lol... What a crazy sale.

[quote name='CH82']The last story is part of this list. A good price at 39[/QUOTE]

I'd be careful with that one. I know that if you get it at other retailers it comes with an art book/ special case, don't know if Best Buy has them too.

Who's list is longest? Mine is... 42. Can anyone beat that? :p Oh, it should be noted that I pre-ordered PlayStation Smash Brothers twice, once on Vita, once on PS3, just in case. Additionally, most of the games I pre-ordered are quite far out, and most likely won't be out until next Fall (if not the following one: Watch Dogs).

Additionally, can anyone think of an explanation for the Wi U game prices? I mean, this gen saw the increase to $60, right? Who's to say Nintendo won't set the tone of next gen by (cross your fingers!) dropping to $50?

[quote name='Rastafari']I did the same! Heroes of Ruin (3DS) is now $10 off as well as Persona 4: Golden for the vita. Both for $29.99 makes me a happy camper...

Persona 4 went from $5 off to 800 points for pre-ordering to $10 off in like 24 hours lol... What a crazy sale.[/QUOTE]

I didn't notice that they went to a $10 discount. Cheers!

[quote name='Bigwig_rah']I'd be careful with that one. I know that if you get it at other retailers it comes with an art book/ special case, don't know if Best Buy has them too.[/QUOTE]

Buy two copies! XSeed deserves it.

[quote name='Booyakz']Who's list is longest? Mine is... 42. Can anyone beat that? :p Oh, it should be noted that I pre-ordered PlayStation Smash Brothers twice, once on Vita, once on PS3, just in case. Additionally, most of the games I pre-ordered are quite far out, and most likely won't be out until next Fall (if not the following one: Watch Dogs).

Additionally, can anyone think of an explanation for the Wi U game prices? I mean, this gen saw the increase to $60, right? Who's to say Nintendo won't set the tone of next gen by (cross your fingers!) dropping to $50?[/QUOTE]

Sweet jesus what are these 42 games. I thought I was overkill at 13 games.

As for the Wii U pricing, I think games will be $50. Wii U technology isn't exactly advanced and it would be another incentive to buy multiplats on WiiU.

42? Wow!

I have just 2xHalo 4 preordered... I was considering Gears of War and the Injustice (DC fighter) game but I didn't because I wasn't sure if those 2 were coming out with CE or LE and I didn't know if these preorder discounts could be applied to them... Either way my backlog of games to play is probably is approaching 60 so I'm not too desperate to play these games for a while.

[quote name='CoachHines']
As for the Wii U pricing, I think games will be $50. Wii U technology isn't exactly advanced and it would be another incentive to buy multiplats on WiiU.[/QUOTE]

Like with the 360 and PS3, Nintendo doesn't have any say about what 3rd parties price their titles; they just give them a list of pricing structures and 3rd parties decide what they want to charge. And they'll charge 60 bucks for their shoddy year old ports on the Wii U (which the same games on 360 will be 15/20).

[quote name='poiuiu']Like with the 360 and PS3, Nintendo doesn't have any say about what 3rd parties price their titles; they just give them a list of pricing structures and 3rd parties decide what they want to charge. And they'll charge 60 bucks for their shoddy year old ports on the Wii U (which the same games on 360 will be 15/20).[/QUOTE]

Ah, this is indeed true. :/ Nintendo could price their first-party titles at $50 though. To be honest, I don't think I'll be buying much else on that platform, if I do indeed purchase it.

Additionally, this huge number comes from pre-orders for mainly titles which have no release date yet, and probably won't be out until Fall 2013 or 2014. In fact, there are only 6 games I've pre-ordered coming out this year. Watch_Dogs!

[quote name='Donburiboy']I just got 1: Sleeping Dogs.[/QUOTE]

And doesn't that game look amazing? :D Hong Kong Action Movies AND a GTA-style open-world? AWESOME.

[quote name='Booyakz']And doesn't that game look amazing? :D Hong Kong Action Movies AND a GTA-style open-world? AWESOME.[/QUOTE]
Really hoping this is as good as it looks, I'll buy for PC if it is.

When you pre-order online can you choose to only put $5 down towards your purchase and pay the rest when you buy it, or how does it work?

I went in to Best Buy to pre-order some Vita games but found out it was online order only. Couldn't do it in-store.

There's no pre-order payment online. You give them your credit card (or gift card?) info and they'll charge you the full amount when it ships.

You could pre-order in-store, at least originally. It probably wasn't extended past June 7th for the E3 promo at stores.

Thanks, Mr.

Do you know if it's possible to cancel the preorder online before it ships in case a better deal comes up? (I'm thinking ebgames will possibly come out w/ included free DLC for some/most titles)

If I for whatever reason am unable to cancel the preorder online, does Best Buy have a return policy where I could return it in-store for a full cash refund within x amount of days?

Sorry for all the questions, I just am very unfamiliar with all of this stuff, and I don't want to be stuck with bills for games if they're reviewed very poorly and I decide I don't want them in the end, lol.

You're welcome. Yes, you can cancel your preorder as long as it's not shipped/processed. The return policy is the same as things you buy in-store. Within 30 days of being shipped, you can return it to any BB store in Canada. Since you're not paying with cash, it goes back directly to your card.

Now sure why, but Pokemon Conquest has $10 off now, and I was still able to get free shipping. Cancelled my other order and placed a new one. Pretty good deal...!

Crap, I just found out this game only has one save file. Maybe I should buy one more since my brother is gonna play it as well...

Do it! Two for the price of 1.33333333! :)

[quote name='TronB']Maybe I should buy one more since my brother is gonna play it as well...
[/QUOTE]

Awesome! thanks again for the help, Mr.!

I ended up pre-ordering all of the -$10/E3 deal PS Vita games available minus a Sonic Racing game(what the heck?) and the CoD game (was never really a fan).

Now, just need to get a 32GB memory card for my Vita and I'll finally have a reason to open it and play some games.. LOL :/

[quote name='Derfel']Do it! Two for the price of 1.33333333! :)[/QUOTE]

I totally gave in, I preordered another one. Might as well. Sometimes we share games, but I suck at strategy games so it's going to take me awhile to beat, and I know we both want to play it right away. :p

Yeah... now that Gravity Rush is finally (almost) out, I might actually play something on my Vita besides old Genesis games... :p

[quote name='borgtactics']Now, just need to get a 32GB memory card for my Vita and I'll finally have a reason to open it and play some games.. LOL :/[/QUOTE]

Thought I may as well throw out a quick q in this thread considering it's also about Best Buy.

Has anyone ever tried to PM CostCo at Best Buy? I'm reading some conflicting reports online. Would LOVE to be able to PM CostCo's price for the 32GB Vita at Best Buy, but I'm feeling like this is probably me getting a bit too optimistic.. hahah..

There's always a chance for PM, depending on what cashier you get. I had one lady match Newegg, she had never heard of the site before and it wasn't even the identical item, she matched it. So it's worth a try.

if its on costcos website its easier than trying to price match the actual store. But the website price vs the instore price is usually different.

[quote name='borgtactics']Has anyone ever tried to PM CostCo at Best Buy? I'm reading some conflicting reports online. Would LOVE to be able to PM CostCo's price for the 32GB Vita at Best Buy, but I'm feeling like this is probably me getting a bit too optimistic.. hahah..[/QUOTE]
You could try, the worst thing that can happen is that they refuse and you lose out on your gas money. You can try ordering from Costco.ca. Supposedly you can order without a membership.

And if you can wait it out, last time Best Buy had their online-only deal, they were selling the 32 GB for $85 as well. They had 15% off Vita accessories.

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but it's been a couple months so maybe my memory is foggy, but wasn't the BestBuy E3 pre-order deal $10 off the listed games AND 800 RZ points?

I pre-ordered 5 games, and 3 of them have already been paid and received (Darksiders II, Borderlands 2, and FIFA 13). I was charged $56.49 ($49.99+tax) but no where on my Best Buy Reward Zone does it show the pre-orders.

Just strikes me as odd as my order from yesterday is already there: Bonus - 400 Reward Zone points when you purchase The Avengers. In fact, I don't even see the double RZ points (or any RZ points) for the days they charged me for these pre-orders.

I understand they don't get "posted" until 36 days after, but they should show in pending activity, and in fact, Darksiders II is already past the 36 day rule. Anyone else having this issue? I feel like I'm going to be out $50 RZ certificates, plus I guess another 500 RZ points for the games themselves.

I thought online orders don't show up in pending. They're supposed to be added into your account after the 30+ days or whatever. Have you been keeping track of your RZ points?

[quote name='mkrowe']Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but it's been a couple months so maybe my memory is foggy, but wasn't the BestBuy E3 pre-order deal $10 off the listed games AND 800 RZ points?

I pre-ordered 5 games, and 3 of them have already been paid and received (Darksiders II, Borderlands 2, and FIFA 13). I was charged $56.49 ($49.99+tax) but no where on my Best Buy Reward Zone does it show the pre-orders.

Just strikes me as odd as my order from yesterday is already there: Bonus - 400 Reward Zone points when you purchase The Avengers. In fact, I don't even see the double RZ points (or any RZ points) for the days they charged me for these pre-orders.

I understand they don't get "posted" until 36 days after, but they should show in pending activity, and in fact, Darksiders II is already past the 36 day rule. Anyone else having this issue? I feel like I'm going to be out $50 RZ certificates, plus I guess another 500 RZ points for the games themselves.[/QUOTE]

Happened to me last year when I ordered 10 games in one single order.
I had to call their support and have the games manually added and the 800 points "goodwilled" to me.
It was like pulling teeth with most of the agents and some would transfer me to bestbuys support number (who can't do anything about it as they don't have access to the reward zone system).
Best advice I can give is have all the info ready when you call, stay poliet and calm but be persistent with them and don't let them ditch you over to bb's queue.

bread's done
Back