Best Buy Event for RZ members; 15% off Wii U games/accessories (12/2 7:30PM - 9:30PM)

Sway

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
sgh4zt.jpg

Participating Stores
2x Reward Zone points on nearly all purchases
3x Reward Zone points if you spend $1000 or more

Don't miss out on Best Buy's Reward Zone Scavenger Hunt! Enter for your chance to win one of twelve $25 Best Buy Gift Cards to be awarded at each store or one of the 45 Grand Prizes - 50,000 Reward Zone points, worth $1000 in reward certificates - awarded nationwide!

Exclusive event offers (video games stuff bolded):
Free DSLR Bag with Select Nikon Camera. Plus, save $250 on Nikon D5100 DSLR camera with 18–55mm VR lens.
Best Buy Exclusive: HP ENVY TouchSmart Ultrabook with Intel® Core™ i5 processor, 14" touch-screen display and Windows 8.
15% Off all games and accessories for Wii U. Quantities limited.
Triple Reward Zone Points on all Dyson vacuums.
Get Your Activation Fee Back when you buy any Sprint handset, including Samsung Galaxy S III.
Save $30 or $50 on a Samsung Wi-Fi Blu-ray player or 3D Wi-Fi Blu-ray player.
Triple Reward Zone Points on ASUS Zenbook touch-screen Ultrabook™ with 3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i5 processor, 13.3" display, and Windows 8.
Double Reward Zone Points on Logitech Harmony Touch or Harmony 650.
Save $20 on any Western Digital router or hard drive $79 or more.
Save $10 on a Roku 2 XS or XD wireless digital media player.
Save $50 on Garmin nüvi 50LM GPS.
Free Bag with Select Sony Cameras. Plus, save $50 on Sony Cyber-shot WX100 18.2MP digital camera.
Save $80 when you buy TiVo Premiere HD DVR and TiVo Stream together.
Save $30 on select Sanus wall mounts. Some mounts only available in Magnolia™ stores.
Free Sonos Bridge Wireless Extender when you buy Sonos Play:3 or Play:5 wireless-ready music system.
Buy 2 Insignia™ LED Light Bulbs, Get 1 50% Off 40-watt equivalent or 60-watt equivalent.
Triple Reward Zone Points on Beats Mixr™ on-ear headphones. In black, white, or exclusive red color.
Double Reward Zone Points on Bose® SoundLink® Bluetooth Mobile Speaker II.
Free SanDisk Ultra 16GB microSD Card when you buy a GoPro HD HERO3 Black Edition Adventure Wearable Camera.
Get a $150 Gift Card and Xbox® 360 4GB Console with activation of select packages from Time Warner Cable (select markets). Best Buy gift card sent by mail. Xbox 360 4GB console available after installation of services.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JaylisJayP']Are you talking about the preorder deal? My $20 certificate came in about a week.[/QUOTE]

Mine always come a month later :\

Anyways...I just bought a WiiU and games on Friday >_< Can I have them PM it?

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Are you talking about the preorder deal? My $20 certificate came in about a week.[/QUOTE]

My Resident Evil 6 $20 certificate came in exactly 1 month after I picked it up so I assume the same thing will happen with my Halo 4 certificate =(

I guess 15% off isn't bad, but I'm really hoping to pay less than $50 for ZombiU. I need to make up for missing out on pre-ordering at a discount from newegg. :) Plus there was no tax on that. Sigh. Oh well. Hopefully some good deal pops up between now and Xmas.

[quote name='mantis23']Any idea if the 15% off will apply to Wii U eShop cards as well?[/QUOTE]

Good question. I'll grab one Sunday evening and have them scan it.

For people not realizing how to fully max these types of promos here's how u do it...
U buy items that you want & would be getting anyways & price match them later thus u get the higher RZ points to go along with the lower price. Remember since they've extended pm's thru 1/24(or longer if silver) & they're matching most .com sites there's tons of ways to score a cheaper price. Obviously, you'll lose the point difference when the pm is done though but it's still a huge gain when done properly.

$60 game pm'd to $40 regularly would only be 80 base RZ points but doing it this way means 120 base points.

For non silver members:Easy way to earn silver status plus points
Buy the pre-paid visas during this event thus turning each card $206 into 412 base points($5 in RZ & 88 points shy of another $5 which negates the fee). 3 cards would be 1236 base points($20 in RZ & 14 points shy of another $5). Use the cards to pay ur reg. bills & you just knocked $600 of the $2500 needed for earning silver status. If you do this monthly for just your smartphone bill @ just $100/month ur halfway to silver status right there. Add in car insurance or car note & you got $2500. Use it for groceries or when lending money(add the $6 fee in to what a person needs to pay back).

Anyone know if any of the stores in the Portland area have Microsoft reps that usually show up to these?

I'm interested in going if I could get some cool free stuff.

last time I went it was kinda fun, but it's not like anything was super on sale, i'l be going to make normal purchases probably.

I'll be picking up a computer for the points bonus, but this is my first time at such an event. So, as long as the store is participating and I ring up the item during the 2 hour window, I'll be sure to get the points bonus?

any rumors of early access to the DKR blu ray? I have seen a lot of people already have theirs in hand on other sites

I guess the Samsung wifi blu-ray player would be $49.99. Is that a decent deal?
It's on sale for 79.99 this week.

Save $30 or $50

on a Samsung Wi-Fi Blu-ray player or 3D Wi-Fi Blu-ray player.

Will Best Buy price adjust the 15% off for Wii games? I bought a game last week that I could save 9 bucks on.

[quote name='Deader2818']So with Gamers unlocked and the 2x points tonight, would I get 4x points on a game or is it just 2x as normal?[/QUOTE]

The promotion is cumulative, not multiplative. You'd get 3x at most. (they don't count the base 1% more than once)

[quote name='Deader2818']ah well 3x is still better then 2x[/QUOTE]

There's the 3x Wednesdays as well, but I don't know how long those are going on. I might swing by best buy tonight to pick up scribblenauts or ninja gaiden. I know what deals on these I've missed, but I didn't have my RZGC points post until today.

yeah, within one week, Nintendo is going down.

Seriously, why do people LOVE trolling about Nintendo? lol

I guess all the BF deals are pretty telling. Assassin's Creed III on sale for 25-35? Game must be doing badly!

[quote name='xRidley']ahahhah already busting out the sales on WiiU games. Pretty telling[/QUOTE]

400K units sold week one. Keep dreaming troll.

Well, whatever you think of Wii U - the reward zone page for this event now includes info that each store will have 12 Wii U systems held specifically for this event. I know they aren't too rare but if you wanted one from Best Buy specifically this could be good news to some.

[quote name='xRidley']ahahhah already busting out the sales on WiiU games. Pretty telling[/QUOTE]

These happen every console release (most recently with 3DS and Vita). And these sales are planned well before the console is released (they didn't make these plans in the last 2-3 weeks)

Dang... he seriously dislikes Nintendo... ha ha..:::

ahahhah already busting out the sales on WiiU...

ahahhah already busting out the sales on WiiU games. Pretty telling

Forum: Video Game Deals
post_old.gif
Today, 03:34 PM Replies: 206
thread_hot_new.gif
Wii U back in stock @ Target
Views: 11,367
Posted By xRidley
Nintendo could disappear off the face of the...

Nintendo could disappear off the face of the planet overnight and it wouldn't even make a blip in the world economy. I know some see dozens of great wii-exclusive titles but I'll keep my opinion of...

Replies: 21

post_old.gif
Today, 01:53 AM Replies: 206
thread_hot_new.gif
Posted By xRidley
I like a few of their games and don't want to buy...

I like a few of their games and don't want to buy another $300 system that acts like a dust collector for the 99% of the time I don't even think about it (until games like Xenoblade Chronicles or...

post_old.gif
Yesterday, 08:31 PM Replies: 206
thread_hot_new.gif
Posted By xRidley
I don't. I would love to see Nintendo's hardware...

I don't. I would love to see Nintendo's hardware division fail, since it has been nothing but bad gimmicks since the DS.

post_old.gif
11-30-2012, 08:58 PM Replies: 206
thread_hot_new.gif
Posted By xRidley
WiiU has too many issues right now. 3rd party...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='InvaderZim']Dang... he seriously dislikes Nintendo... ha ha..:::

ahahhah already busting out the sales on WiiU...

ahahhah already busting out the sales on WiiU games. Pretty telling

post_old.gif
Today, 03:34 PM Replies: 206
thread_hot_new.gif
Posted By xRidley
Nintendo could disappear off the face of the...

Nintendo could disappear off the face of the planet overnight and it wouldn't even make a blip in the world economy. I know some see dozens of great wii-exclusive titles but I'll keep my opinion of...

Replies: 21

post_old.gif
Today, 01:53 AM Replies: 206
thread_hot_new.gif
Posted By xRidley
I like a few of their games and don't want to buy...

I like a few of their games and don't want to buy another $300 system that acts like a dust collector for the 99% of the time I don't even think about it (until games like Xenoblade Chronicles or...

post_old.gif
Yesterday, 08:31 PM Replies: 206
thread_hot_new.gif
Posted By xRidley
I don't. I would love to see Nintendo's hardware...

I don't. I would love to see Nintendo's hardware division fail, since it has been nothing but bad gimmicks since the DS.

post_old.gif
11-30-2012, 08:58 PM Replies: 206
thread_hot_new.gif
Posted By xRidley
WiiU has too many issues right now. 3rd party...[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause::applause:
Well done invaderjim! Troll exposed...

[quote name='litepink']Well, whatever you think of Wii U - the reward zone page for this event now includes info that each store will have 12 Wii U systems held specifically for this event. I know they aren't too rare but if you wanted one from Best Buy specifically this could be good news to some.[/QUOTE]

They supposedly received a huge shipment last week specifically for this event. FYI, my local store in Valencia, CA had 40 Deluxe models locked up in the warehouse just for this event alone. Anyhow, if you're RZ member and looking for a Wii U Deluxe model, this will be a great opportunity to take one home.

Goin stictly for the Wii U games (gettin Mario and Zombies) got a $35 reward certificate and if I see any goodie bags ill snatch those up too!

Thanks OP.

Hah, was expecting a quiet event, maybe 20-30 other people there. Instead I pull up 5 minutes before opening and see a line of about 70+ people, along with numerous others walking toward the line.

Instantly pulled a U-Turn and headed back home

And sadly none of them in or around me are hosting one. They've held one every other time....figures...one I am a bit interested in and nothing.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Hah, was expecting a quiet event, maybe 20-30 other people there. Instead I pull up 5 minutes before opening and see a line of about 70+ people, along with numerous others walking toward the line.

Instantly pulled a U-Turn and headed back home[/QUOTE]

On the same boat, was looking for a 3DS game, found about 60+ people... was kinda surprised considering last event didn't even have a line formed.

Lol yeah, would have stayed if I had actually planned to buy something on sale, not really worth it just to try to price match and buy something I can just get tomorrow afternoon instead.

I was planning to go, but neither of the Best Buy's near me are holding the event. Blah, oh well.

First time my local best buy held one.. I was actually shocked by the number of people that went! I'm in a smaller area, and there were probably 30 people there. I figured for being the first event there that there'd maybe be like 10 people ha.

Got a free WiiU bag by the Nintendo lady, and my brother-in-law won a $25 gift card! and got MLB the Show for vita.. so pretty successful night!

The scavenger hunt thing was broken. There were only like two people in the store who ever got a text back from it. I needed some ink for my printer anyway, so grabbed that and my free LED Lighbulb (which sold out by about 7:45) and was on my way.

I won a 25 dollar gift card!

Also, they let me price match the buy one get one 50% but wouldnt let the 15% off Wii U games stack.

Free cupcakes here in TN. Very nice. Surprisingly crowded and not too private, but overall glad to see Best Buy doing some business.

[quote name='Deader2818']I won a 25 dollar gift card!

Also, they let me price match the buy one get one 50% but wouldnt let the 15% off Wii U games stack.[/QUOTE]

Congrats! Did you notice any others win the gift card? Like Budz posted before you, I only noticed 2 people win the hour and a half I was there.

When I got my card, I saw on the list 4 others had won. It said they were giving out a gift card every 10 minutes.

It says you had till 12/4 to claim it.

Just got a text that I was an instant winner. Already left the store but I assume it is for a 25 buck GC. Might head back. Says I have to the 4th to claim.

My scavenger hunt was broken too, and others were complaining about it. My husband won though, so I'm happy.

Bought ZombiU and took a few mini cans of diet coke home.

The scavenger hunt was broken at my store also.

They did have, as I posted in the "WiiU for $342" thread, a stack of "$10 off one regular price item" coupons. I was able to get them to honor it for a purchase of Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault since there was no mention of video game software being excluded. YMMV, of course.

But between that, a RZ cert in my pocket, applying money refunded from a price match of a previous WiiU software buy and the 15% off, I was able to get ZombiU for effectively $27.

Yea what was this lightbulb? I didn't see anything about it... I know it was just a basic lightbulb... was it like the first 10 people or something?

And SackAttack, where were the $10 off one regular price itme coupons? I would hae snached those up real quick!

bread's done
Back