Best Buy Event for RZ members; 15% off Wii U games/accessories (12/2 7:30PM - 9:30PM)

Sway

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
sgh4zt.jpg

Participating Stores
2x Reward Zone points on nearly all purchases
3x Reward Zone points if you spend $1000 or more

Don't miss out on Best Buy's Reward Zone Scavenger Hunt! Enter for your chance to win one of twelve $25 Best Buy Gift Cards to be awarded at each store or one of the 45 Grand Prizes - 50,000 Reward Zone points, worth $1000 in reward certificates - awarded nationwide!

Exclusive event offers (video games stuff bolded):
Free DSLR Bag with Select Nikon Camera. Plus, save $250 on Nikon D5100 DSLR camera with 18–55mm VR lens.
Best Buy Exclusive: HP ENVY TouchSmart Ultrabook with Intel® Core™ i5 processor, 14" touch-screen display and Windows 8.
15% Off all games and accessories for Wii U. Quantities limited.
Triple Reward Zone Points on all Dyson vacuums.
Get Your Activation Fee Back when you buy any Sprint handset, including Samsung Galaxy S III.
Save $30 or $50 on a Samsung Wi-Fi Blu-ray player or 3D Wi-Fi Blu-ray player.
Triple Reward Zone Points on ASUS Zenbook touch-screen Ultrabook™ with 3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i5 processor, 13.3" display, and Windows 8.
Double Reward Zone Points on Logitech Harmony Touch or Harmony 650.
Save $20 on any Western Digital router or hard drive $79 or more.
Save $10 on a Roku 2 XS or XD wireless digital media player.
Save $50 on Garmin nüvi 50LM GPS.
Free Bag with Select Sony Cameras. Plus, save $50 on Sony Cyber-shot WX100 18.2MP digital camera.
Save $80 when you buy TiVo Premiere HD DVR and TiVo Stream together.
Save $30 on select Sanus wall mounts. Some mounts only available in Magnolia™ stores.
Free Sonos Bridge Wireless Extender when you buy Sonos Play:3 or Play:5 wireless-ready music system.
Buy 2 Insignia™ LED Light Bulbs, Get 1 50% Off 40-watt equivalent or 60-watt equivalent.
Triple Reward Zone Points on Beats Mixr™ on-ear headphones. In black, white, or exclusive red color.
Double Reward Zone Points on Bose® SoundLink® Bluetooth Mobile Speaker II.
Free SanDisk Ultra 16GB microSD Card when you buy a GoPro HD HERO3 Black Edition Adventure Wearable Camera.
Get a $150 Gift Card and Xbox® 360 4GB Console with activation of select packages from Time Warner Cable (select markets). Best Buy gift card sent by mail. Xbox 360 4GB console available after installation of services.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got 2 LED "$17" lightbulbs for free.

Person I was with was an instant winner. Got that text after they closed.

Is that text for a giftcard?

Store I went to didn't have the $10 off any one regular priced item.

Got my instant win 25 GC and a LED bulb. Wish my store had the 10 off coupon. Can't complain though. Now we just need a decent DOTD to blow it on.

I had an awesome time at my event!! Got there at 7:25 and there was already a line of 40+ people! The digital scavenger hunt was a clever way to get people to hang out and shop around the store! Too bad I didn't win.

I got a free light bulb, and was able to successfuly Price Match TRU B1G1 50% off on 2 games. AND get the 15% off wii U games!!

Picked up MarioU and Black Ops2(wiiU) for $42.29 and $24.89 respectively! (looks like they even took 15% off the 50% off game! SCORE!

Definitly YMMV! I had to ask about the extra 15% off and since I am very friendly with staff and shop there often, it seemed the associate was glad to help me out!

I

on a side note, has anyone tried price matching a coke at Best buy?

I bought a soda for the scavenger hunt and I couldn't believe it was $1.90!!!!

Might try to PM it down next time I go there. LOL!!

[quote name='Gdogg']on a side note, has anyone tried price matching a coke at Best buy?

I bought a soda for the scavenger hunt and I couldn't believe it was $1.90!!!!

Might try to PM it down next time I go there. LOL!![/QUOTE]

They were giving out free canned Sprite, Coca-Cola, Diet Coke and Coke Zero....

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']And SackAttack, where were the $10 off one regular price itme coupons? I would hae snached those up real quick![/QUOTE]

At my store, they were on the table at the front of the store where the LP desk used to be. Just a stack of 'em, photocopied, with three coupons per page. I picked up one, examined it for game restrictions, noted the hardware restriction (and no software restriction), confirmed it with the gaming department supervisor, and then went from there.

When I redeemed the coupon, they actually clipped one of them off the page and gave me the other two back.

So, uh, score? I guess?

My sister asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I said Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition and I told her about the 15% off Wii U games event for RZ members at Best Buy tonight so she just gave me the money and told me to go pick it up. Merry Christmas to me :D

[quote name='Metal Militia']My sister asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I said Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition and I told her about the 15% off Wii U games event for RZ members at Best Buy tonight so she just gave me the money and told me to go pick it up. Merry Christmas to me :D[/QUOTE]
Well, you do have to give back a present of approximate equal value...

damn I was at a few stores in the afternoon. for future reference, how do we tell which stores are part of the event? there were no signs advertising from what I saw

I'm not able to make it out there tonight, but following the instructions on the terms and conditions. Did u all get a card that said text RZ(store #) to 72579?

Yeah, but that was just the first step. The next step was supposed to be a bounceback text saying to go to a certain part of the store, where you had to text the answer to the question on a sign to that number, etc.

Just texting the RZ(store #) isn't enough

went to the one near Burbank, California. There's a wii rep giving out drawstring bags. Free coffee near the washers, fridges. Free soda and popcorn.
I also won the $25 gift card.

Oh yeah, I talked with the Nintendo rep for a bit and gave me a bag as well.

I picked up Ninja Gaiden and Darksiders II. Ninja Gaiden is kicking my ass but its fun!

To my surprise, I was able to combine the 15% off Wii U promotion + TRU B1G1 half off! Bought SMBU, Sonic, and 2 wii remotes! Won a $25 GC too! The worker offered a high five for "double-dipping" successfully hahaha! This is was definitely worth it! :D

My wife and I went today & did the scavenger hunt. I picked up the 4-disk Prometheus blu for my wife, then when we got home I got a text saying we won one of the $25 gift certs, so yay for free movies. :)

I almost got away with it, because even after the 50% off one game, it was applying 15% off the full price, but they marked the one game up to 38.99 to adjust for it. Oh well, lol.

I paid with gift cards and certs any ways, lol.

[quote name='SackAttack']At my store, they were on the table at the front of the store where the LP desk used to be. Just a stack of 'em, photocopied, with three coupons per page. I picked up one, examined it for game restrictions, noted the hardware restriction (and no software restriction), confirmed it with the gaming department supervisor, and then went from there.

When I redeemed the coupon, they actually clipped one of them off the page and gave me the other two back.

So, uh, score? I guess?[/QUOTE]

The lady who worked there told me it was only for people who signed up for their credit card. The scavenger hunt seem broken. I think 99% of the employees were clueless. One employee told me I could only get double points on the items in the event ad. The Nintendo Wii U bags were lost, nobody knew where they were. My family managed to get 4 free light bulbs.

I didn't see any of those $10 off coupons, but maybe I should have looked harder. Won a $25 gift card and got a free Wii U bag for "looking at the Wii U." The saddest part was the giant stack of Wii Us that they hadn't sold. :(

I attended this and did the scavenger hunt...I won and received a $25 gift card.:D

I never get lucky and win anything so I was ecstatic when I won.I used the GC along with a RZ $25 certificate and got Black Ops 2 :cool:

I didn't win a gift card but I did get all of my Wii U items that I bought on launch priced matched which is the main reason I went. Also picked up a couple of Vita games for a gift since I was in there, Hot Shots Golf and MLB The Show

Edit: I take that Back I just got a Text Saying I was an Instant Winner!! =)

Didn't win anything at mine but there was a cupcake trailer out front so we got free cupcakes. I guess that makes up for it

[quote name='Jav0r']The lady who worked there told me it was only for people who signed up for their credit card. The scavenger hunt seem broken. I think 99% of the employees were clueless. One employee told me I could only get double points on the items in the event ad. The Nintendo Wii U bags were lost, nobody knew where they were. My family managed to get 4 free light bulbs.[/QUOTE]

That may have been the intent, but they didn't have anybody at that desk signing people up for the card when I went up there to look for the event ad and found the stack of coupons. Seems like they would have kept them behind the customer service counter if that was the intent (unless someone screwed up).

I just went out to my car to retrieve the two coupons I had left, and there is no mention on the coupon anywhere of the Best Buy card. Even the cashier instructions say "Scan coupon UPC. Scan all product(s) being sold. Press "Total." Write "VOID" on coupon and place in register coupon file."

That's it. No mention of Best Buy card, never mind Reward Zone lookup.

I looked it over probably ten times before trying to use it, and between the gaming employee, the customer service employee and the manager, there were at least three other sets of eyeballs giving it the once over, and none of them objected.

[quote name='hamcore']Didn't win anything at mine but there was a cupcake trailer out front so we got free cupcakes. I guess that makes up for it[/QUOTE]

We had a sweet bowl of leftover Halloween candy - dots, sweet tarts, etc...
coke, sprite, diet coke...

free light bulb - actually pretty cool...

b1g1 50% off all games - not bad...

the blu-ray players were a bit of a rip - they were the same price they have been on line for the last week.

bread's done
Back