Best Buy Exclusive: 11 Guitar Hero III bonus tracks w/ Metallica's Death Magnetic

KD34XBR960

CAGiversary!
Check out the post below for more info:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat159700050050&type=category

**UPDATE 9/12/08**

The 11 tracks are the same tracks you can buy on XBOX Live. Only the Special Edition has the code to download the tracks. Technically, you have to go to the GH website and enter the code found in the Special Edition to get the XBOX Live code. Each Special Edition has a unique code and so there will not be a repeat of the Disturbed fiasco.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone get a call back from best buy or email? They were forwarding my request to promo department and would email me, but nothing yet.

[quote name='orgy08']anyone get a call back from best buy or email? They were forwarding my request to promo department and would email me, but nothing yet.[/QUOTE]

I'm at the same stage. The guy assured me I would get my code. We'll see... Not exactly filled with confidence since he also said I should have added the card to my cart as well as the cd when I checked out...?!?

Here's my story:

I got the CD last Monday, and of course no bonus tracks.

I call the 888# and they CSR says I AM entitled to the bonus item, and that she would have it sent out right away.

I get a mailer BIGGER than the CD mailer on Saturday and was a little excited...

I open the mailer to find....another copy of Death Magnetic, but this copy was free...

:wall:

I just took both back yesterday. I'll call BB again to complain, but I doubt anything will come of it

[quote name='orgy08']anyone get a call back from best buy or email? They were forwarding my request to promo department and would email me, but nothing yet.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I recieved a call back from the promotions dept. No go on the GH tracks, she said they are not sending them out to anyone that ordered the regular edition, but she is sending me a $10 giftcard for my troubles.

No luck for me. I even faxed over a printout of the offer from 8/31 (posted above). I returned the disc along with all the game pre-orders I had there. I'll just spend that $300 elsewhere.

I got the stupid, sorry charlie email.. but in it it states the bonus was: "Death Magnetic Special Edition - CD Metallica (SKU: 8990087) states that the eleventh track "Includes instructions to download 11 exclusive bonus tracks..."

but yet on the ad it says, "you'll receive a card with instructions to download" So which is it? seems like they are just trying to cover-up there fuck-up

I called back again now that I have a copy of the ad, to raise that point.. what can I loose but my time.. ??

They've taken their sweet time trying to get back to me. Between this and my pre-ordered Rock Band 2 game NOT EVEN BEING AT THE STORE, I'm likely to be limiting my Best Buy shopping experiences.

Still waiting as well... called the first time Thursday the 11th and made a follow-up last Thursday when there was no response within the promised 5 day period. Going to give them yet another call at the end of this week if I don't hear anything by then.

bread's done
Back