Best Buy Exclusive: Disney Collectible Cases METAL BOX - Wave #3

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Best Buy Exclusive: Disney Collectible Cases - Wave #3

Confirmed
Lion King (3D) - 10/4 (Street Date: 9/4-10/3)
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (3D) - 10/18 (Street Date: 10/2-10/17)
Cars 2 (3D) - 11/1 (Street Date: 10/1-10/31)

Link

Update #1

Future Shop Exclusive

The Lion King (3D Blu-ray Combo) - 10/4

Bambi (Blu-ray Combo) - 10/11

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (3D Blu-ray Combo) - 10/18

The Incredibles (Blu-ray Combo) - 10/25

Cars 2 (3D Blu-ray Combo Pack) - 11/1

Update #2

Hot off the Press, you asked for more images of Disney Collectible Packaging here it is!

If you haven't read the entire message on Disney Collectable Packaging available at Future Shop this fall, please take the time to read the link below to another post on this subject. Based on initial demand over the last few days, it is possible we might sell out before release date! Pre-order now and don't be disappointed. Unlike some websites Futureshop.ca DOES NOT not charge your credit card for preorders UNTIL product is shipped to you. So preorder them all now, reserve your copy and pay when these finally release!

View the original post for these Disney Collectibles - http://$$$$$$$/ngQumW

First Update is Bambi - Confirmed North American Exclusive to Future Shop!

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bambi Combo. 2 Discs (Bluray, DVD) Update from Disney no Digital Copy as originally communicated.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Street Date - October 11th, 2011[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Preorder NOW[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]English Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/q8TKbU[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bilingual Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/q8TKbU[/FONT]

original

original

Second Update is Bambi - North American Exclusive to Future Shop!
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The Incredibles Combo. 3 Disc (Bluray, DVD and Digital Copy)[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Street Date - October 25th, 2011[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]English Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/mUASRC[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bilingual Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/oJMaM4[/FONT]

original

original

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Pirates: On Stranger Tides 3D Combo. 5-disc - 3D BD, 2D BD, 2D BD w/ bonus features, DVD and Digital Copy. Digital Copy will be included in a paper sleeve.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Street Date - October 18th, 2011[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]English Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/qu0wWn[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bilingual Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/patAET[/FONT]

original

original

Update #3

Hot off the press from MORE confirmations from Disney!

The collectible packaging SKUs are the same height and width as a standard BD amaray but have a bit more depth due to the number of discs and collectible packaging

Yes our Customers can use the coupons on the collectible SKUs. Lion King is an $8 dollar coupon. Cars 2 and Pirates 4 are a $5 coupon. Please remember that these coupons can only be redeemed in store.

They are not Steelbooks or Ironpacks.

Please see below for the contents of each SKU *Disney has updated & changed*

• Cars 2 – 5-disc - 3D BD, 2D BD, 2D BD w/ bonus features, DVD and Digital Copy
  • Pirates 4 – 5-disc - 3D BD, 2D BD, 2D BD w/ bonus features, DVD and Digital Copy
  • The Lion King – 4-disc - 3D BD, 2D BD, DVD and Digital Copy
  • The Incredibles – 3-disc - BD, DVD and Digital Copy
  • Bambi – 2-disc - BD and DVD
The digital copy will be included in a paper sleeve on all SKUs where it is available.

The Incredibles and Bambi are a North American exclusive for Future Shop!

Update # 4

New name for those metal cases is called a METAL BOX from VIVA.

Update: #5

These are G2 Sized.

Update: #6

Change date for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.

Last edited by a moderator:
I preordered the lion king case for in store pickup a week ago. I drove 45 minutes to the nearest BB to pick it up today. They didn't put it aside for me. They didn't have any copies on the floor (obviously). They couldn't even give me a refund because their "system is down." The guy kept repeating how it isn't even an item. It's just a preorder and it doesn't even have an item number. So I walked out empty handed and used my iphone to order another lion king case to be delivered to my house for $10.XX.

I wish Best Buy would have at least taken me out to dinner first. I usually like to be wined and dined before I get fucked.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I preordered the lion king case for in store pickup a week ago. I drove 45 minutes to the nearest BB to pick it up today. They didn't put it aside for me. They didn't have any copies on the floor (obviously). They couldn't even give me a refund because their "system is down." The guy kept repeating how it isn't even an item. It's just a preorder and it doesn't even have an item number. So I walked out empty handed and used my iphone to order another lion king case to be delivered to my house for $10.XX.

I wish Best Buy would have at least taken me out to dinner first. I usually like to be wined and dined before I get fucked.[/QUOTE]You got the email that it's ready for in store pick up? If you did, wow, that is some serious BS. If you didn't you should have waited until you got the "item out of stock" email. They would have given you the option to ship it to you for free.

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']You got the email that it's ready for in store pick up? If you did, wow, that is some serious BS. If you didn't you should have waited until you got the "item out of stock" email. They would have given you the option to ship it to you for free.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah I got the email for it being ready for in-store pickup. I also got the reminder emails to come and pick it up by the due date (which is tomorrow).

I just got off the phone with customer service and they gave me a refund. The fucking a-hole at the store I was at completed my order and made it look like I had picked up my item. Even the customer service person on the phone said that it was telling her that my order had been completed. I think she had to do some further digging to find out that it wasn't completed properly. The guy at the store never gave me a receipt because they didn't have my fucking item. There's no way it was completed.

Oh well, it will all work out as long as I get my copy I just ordered to be delivered to my house. It just sucks I had to dick around at customer service today and that I still have to pay the $2.50 shipping charge. I'm never doing an in-store pickup at best buy unless its for a stack of .01 videogame guides.

i got an email today (10/11) that my pirates one would be ready for in store pickup on 9/28/2011 go figure that one out. I didnt even order it until october.

UGH...I feel for you. NEVER trust Best Buy in-store pickup for stuff like this even if you've had positive experiences in the past.

No offense to any BB people of CAG, but a lot of the retail employees are total idiots. When I went last week to redeem my preorder, the girl at customer service took a legit 10 minutes to figure out what was going on, and then didn't even do the checkout procedure properly.

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']Does anyone think they'll release ironpacks for Toy Story when they re-release the set in 3d?[/QUOTE]

All 3 TS movies got Ironpacks at Futureshop in Canada, so I'd venture not since I figure they would have done it already at the same time. Hopefully they do though.

[quote name='VTCO']

No offense to any BB people of CAG, but a lot of the retail employees are total idiots. When I went last week to redeem my preorder, the girl at customer service took a legit 10 minutes to figure out what was going on, and then didn't even do the checkout procedure properly.[/QUOTE]

That's probably cause most stores are downsizing a bit and shifting employees around. My store has no cashiers Mon-Thu. They all do customer service. Some of them don't want to so they try not to learn anything new. It is a stupid move, I'm glad I'm not there anymore. Also no AP Mon-Thu. They wonder how they were missing 2 ipads and 3 laptops.

Question: Has the Incredibles always been $42.99 on the futureshop site?

[quote name='VTCO']No offense to any BB people of CAG, but a lot of the retail employees are total idiots.[/QUOTE]It's an American problem, not just a Best Buy one.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']The Lion King (Hong Kong) Steelbook is out now!

Price: $30.64
Shipping: $9.49 with Registered Mail
Total: $40.13

HMV.hk prices are way cheaper than YesAsia ($52.99 shipped) and that is being delayed, pushed back to Oct. 22. Fortunately, HMV.hk is shipping early as we speak.

http://www.hmv.com.hk/product/bluray.asp?sku=37145[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting, better price than the Korean version.

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']Question: Has the Incredibles always been $42.99 on the futureshop site?[/QUOTE]
Yes, its been there for weeks with no changes. Sale price should change by the end of next week or 2. Usually Friday will be the start of sale price instead of the usual Sunday. I have to check their AD flyer online on that week.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Yes, its been there for weeks with no changes. Sale price should change by the end of next week or 2. Usually Friday will be the start of sale price instead of the usual Sunday. I have to check their AD flyer online on that week.[/QUOTE]

Hmm never noticed. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='VTCO']UGH...I feel for you. NEVER trust Best Buy in-store pickup for stuff like this even if you've had positive experiences in the past.

No offense to any BB people of CAG, but a lot of the retail employees are total idiots. When I went last week to redeem my preorder, the girl at customer service took a legit 10 minutes to figure out what was going on, and then didn't even do the checkout procedure properly.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I learned my lesson. I've actually picked up a stack of .01 videogames at this guide with in-store pickup, so I thought this store was good. I'll never assume that again.

I have 4 or 5 preorders set up for videogames. Now I'm dreading trying to buy them at best buy. I'll probably just try to cancel them and buy them all on Amazon with free 2 day shipping, no tax, and $10 to $20 gift certificates with purchase. :)

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']The Lion King (Hong Kong) Steelbook is out now!

Price: $30.64
Shipping: $9.49 with Registered Mail
Total: $40.13

HMV.hk prices are way cheaper than YesAsia ($52.99 shipped) and that is being delayed, pushed back to Oct. 22. Fortunately, HMV.hk is shipping early as we speak.

http://www.hmv.com.hk/product/bluray.asp?sku=37145[/QUOTE]

mine should get here tomorrow or friday ill post pics when it does. Embossed/debossed cover and all :D

got it today heres some pics, the top part is a slip cover, its in english beneath that, but i'm not opening it since i already have the US 3D version. The back is blank without the slip except for what can be seen in the cutout window in the pic. (im typing this while drunk so if the grammer is bad my appologies).

2011-10-13_14-00-53_453.jpg

2011-10-13_19-12-59_190.jpg

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I dare you to open it.[/QUOTE]

i refuse!
heres pics from the inside from hidefninja.com
lkbd14.jpg

So I was trying to pick up my copy of Pirates today but they were sold out of the 3D version. At first she said she will refund my preorder since they are sold out and they didn't put anything on the side, but when she notice that it was the collector's case she had to ask the manager. The manager said that I have to return the case in order to get a refund, which is bullshit. Nowhere in the case it say that I have to return the case in order for a refund. I was trying to get the 3D because it's cheaper with the $5 coupon compare to the 2 disc bluray. So they were able to give me a rain check but the coupon expires tomorrow. Looks like it's time to call corporate 1st thing in the morning.

/rant

[quote name='jr1016']So I was trying to pick up my copy of Pirates today but they were sold out of the 3D version. At first she said she will refund my preorder since they are sold out and they didn't put anything on the side, but when she notice that it was the collector's case she had to ask the manager. The manager said that I have to return the case in order to get a refund, which is bullshit. Nowhere in the case it say that I have to return the case in order for a refund. I was trying to get the 3D because it's cheaper with the $5 coupon compare to the 2 disc bluray. So they were able to give me a rain check but the coupon expires tomorrow. Looks like it's time to call corporate 1st thing in the morning.

/rant[/QUOTE]You don't have to return the case to get your money back, though you need to read the back of the receipt before trudging back into the store or firing off a nasty phone call to BB corporate.

If you want to refund the pre-order and keep the metal case, you have to wait two weeks after the release date, which would be November 1st, and then you can get your money back.

It's all spelled out on the back of the case, on the paper insert shrunkwrapped to the back.

[quote name='jr1016']So I was trying to pick up my copy of Pirates today but they were sold out of the 3D version. At first she said she will refund my preorder since they are sold out and they didn't put anything on the side, but when she notice that it was the collector's case she had to ask the manager. The manager said that I have to return the case in order to get a refund, which is bullshit. Nowhere in the case it say that I have to return the case in order for a refund. I was trying to get the 3D because it's cheaper with the $5 coupon compare to the 2 disc bluray. So they were able to give me a rain check but the coupon expires tomorrow. Looks like it's time to call corporate 1st thing in the morning.

/rant[/QUOTE]

So if you read the case to know that it didn't say anywhere on it that you needed to return the case for a refund, how come you didn't see the part where it clearly states, "If not redeemed by 11/1/11, the receipt may be refunded to customer service."

LOLogic fail.

[quote name='VTCO']So if you read the case to know that it didn't say anywhere on it that you needed to return the case for a refund, how come you didn't see the part where it clearly states, "If not redeemed by 11/1/11, the receipt may be refunded to customer service."

LOLogic fail.[/QUOTE]

It's because I was actually trying to BUY the movie but since it's sold out I had no choice but to get my money back. $5 coupon expires today and sale ended yesterday. You are so smart "If not redeemed by 11/1/11, the receipt may be refunded to customer service" I should've read that. I'm not trying to keep the case and just ask for my money back after 11/1/11 like what other people will probably do.

If your not trying to keep the case then whats the big deal about you having to return the case to get your refund? If the coupon was all you were wanting to use then why not go to walmart and get the blu there? Even target for that matter?

[quote name='joshnorm']Most likely because he didn't have it on him and will have to make another trip...[/QUOTE]

That is exactly the reason, I went there after work around 8pm and they close at 9pm. Bestbuy is soo unrealiable when it comes to preorder not just on movies buut games too. Let's drop this guys it's not a big deal, I'll just get my money back when I have time to go back there.

So are bambi and the incredibles not coming to the US? I'd really like to get them but can't afford the ebay prices at this point.

[quote name='emozolik']So how big are these? Do they hold a standard DVD case or just Blue Ray?[/QUOTE]

How tall the cases are? They are G2 size; Blu-ray case size.

[quote name='wolverinefactor']i cant find cars 2 steelbook in store and it isnt ringing up as free online. is it br size or dvd size? a review on bb.com says its dvd size...[/QUOTE]

G2 size: Blu ray size. I have Pirates, Cars 2, and Lion King and they are all Blu ray sized cases.

[quote name='wolverinefactor']i cant find cars 2 steelbook in store and it isnt ringing up as free online. is it br size or dvd size? a review on bb.com says its dvd size...[/QUOTE]

Its still on Best Buy's site. It was never free online. Not sure where you got that from. You have to pay the $7.50 up front for the case and then when you pick up Cars 2, you get $7.50 off the Blu-ray price.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/DVD/314...028&skuId=3147055&ref=39&CJPID=1312731&loc=01

I wonder if i can buy 3D combo ($25) + Lightning Mcqueen Remote ($17) - $7 when buying both - $5 manufacturer coupon - $7.50 metalbox = $22.50 or $11.25 each

I was DAMNED lucky to find a steelbook case left over from TKL yesterday. I managed to convince them that i was suppose to get it "free" when I bought the movie but they were out when I bought the movie...they gave it to me for a penny. It's nice but it's got a little dent on the top edge *GRRR*. Hmm it holds 3 discs...yet I bought the one I bought only came with 2... is the 3rd holder for the 3d disc in the steelbook?

All other steelbooks go to free when you buy it online, this one doesnt seem to for me. I also hate that its 22.99 for such a bad film. Why must I collect disney shit :(

know what, screw it. I'm not that big of a disney whore. 2.86 shipping for the steelbook and 2,86 shipping for the BR and I have to pay tax and pay the 7.50 for the steelbook? not worth it at all, plus I hear the film is horrible (plus it's Pixar and doesnt fall under my disney rules). I'll still buy the shit film though :(

[quote name='wolverinefactor']know what, screw it. I'm not that big of a disney whore. 2.86 shipping for the steelbook and 2,86 shipping for the BR and I have to pay tax and pay the 7.50 for the steelbook? not worth it at all, plus I hear the film is horrible (plus it's Pixar and doesnt fall under my disney rules). I'll still buy the shit film though :([/QUOTE] the 7.50 is a deposit. You can get it refunded if you decide to get the movie elsewhere ;)

I still haven't picked up my Lion King preorder from Best Buy because I ended up buying it from TRU because it was cheaper. What should I do to get my 7.50 deposit refunded?

Is it better to just pick up the movie and then return it? Or do I just take the receipt and get a refund?

[quote name='jling84']I still haven't picked up my Lion King preorder from Best Buy because I ended up buying it from TRU because it was cheaper. What should I do to get my 7.50 deposit refunded?

Is it better to just pick up the movie and then return it? Or do I just take the receipt and get a refund?[/QUOTE]

I ended up buying the movie from Overstock so I just went with my receipt on Saturday and got refunded. The CS cashier at first said it couldn't be done since it was over 30 days, but she called a manager over and they overrode whatever problems she was having in a snap.

[quote name='jling84']I still haven't picked up my Lion King preorder from Best Buy because I ended up buying it from TRU because it was cheaper. What should I do to get my 7.50 deposit refunded?

Is it better to just pick up the movie and then return it? Or do I just take the receipt and get a refund?[/QUOTE]
return it dont give your self more hassle. I returned it without a problem

bread's done
Back