Best Buy Exclusive: Disney Collectible Cases METAL BOX - Wave #3

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Best Buy Exclusive: Disney Collectible Cases - Wave #3

Confirmed
Lion King (3D) - 10/4 (Street Date: 9/4-10/3)
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (3D) - 10/18 (Street Date: 10/2-10/17)
Cars 2 (3D) - 11/1 (Street Date: 10/1-10/31)

Link

Update #1

Future Shop Exclusive

The Lion King (3D Blu-ray Combo) - 10/4

Bambi (Blu-ray Combo) - 10/11

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (3D Blu-ray Combo) - 10/18

The Incredibles (Blu-ray Combo) - 10/25

Cars 2 (3D Blu-ray Combo Pack) - 11/1

Update #2

Hot off the Press, you asked for more images of Disney Collectible Packaging here it is!

If you haven't read the entire message on Disney Collectable Packaging available at Future Shop this fall, please take the time to read the link below to another post on this subject. Based on initial demand over the last few days, it is possible we might sell out before release date! Pre-order now and don't be disappointed. Unlike some websites Futureshop.ca DOES NOT not charge your credit card for preorders UNTIL product is shipped to you. So preorder them all now, reserve your copy and pay when these finally release!

View the original post for these Disney Collectibles - http://$$$$$$$/ngQumW

First Update is Bambi - Confirmed North American Exclusive to Future Shop!

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bambi Combo. 2 Discs (Bluray, DVD) Update from Disney no Digital Copy as originally communicated.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Street Date - October 11th, 2011[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Preorder NOW[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]English Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/q8TKbU[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bilingual Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/q8TKbU[/FONT]

original

original

Second Update is Bambi - North American Exclusive to Future Shop!
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The Incredibles Combo. 3 Disc (Bluray, DVD and Digital Copy)[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Street Date - October 25th, 2011[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]English Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/mUASRC[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bilingual Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/oJMaM4[/FONT]

original

original

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Pirates: On Stranger Tides 3D Combo. 5-disc - 3D BD, 2D BD, 2D BD w/ bonus features, DVD and Digital Copy. Digital Copy will be included in a paper sleeve.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Street Date - October 18th, 2011[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]English Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/qu0wWn[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bilingual Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/patAET[/FONT]

original

original

Update #3

Hot off the press from MORE confirmations from Disney!

The collectible packaging SKUs are the same height and width as a standard BD amaray but have a bit more depth due to the number of discs and collectible packaging

Yes our Customers can use the coupons on the collectible SKUs. Lion King is an $8 dollar coupon. Cars 2 and Pirates 4 are a $5 coupon. Please remember that these coupons can only be redeemed in store.

They are not Steelbooks or Ironpacks.

Please see below for the contents of each SKU *Disney has updated & changed*

• Cars 2 – 5-disc - 3D BD, 2D BD, 2D BD w/ bonus features, DVD and Digital Copy
  • Pirates 4 – 5-disc - 3D BD, 2D BD, 2D BD w/ bonus features, DVD and Digital Copy
  • The Lion King – 4-disc - 3D BD, 2D BD, DVD and Digital Copy
  • The Incredibles – 3-disc - BD, DVD and Digital Copy
  • Bambi – 2-disc - BD and DVD
The digital copy will be included in a paper sleeve on all SKUs where it is available.

The Incredibles and Bambi are a North American exclusive for Future Shop!

Update # 4

New name for those metal cases is called a METAL BOX from VIVA.

Update: #5

These are G2 Sized.

Update: #6

Change date for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='whoasaywhat']I would stop by your store just in case they put them out early. I had ordered online too but was in there for some other items and saw them on the shelf. They still haven't sent me an email saying that my order is ready for pickup.[/QUOTE]You were right. I went to BB and saw the POTC and Cars 2 boxes, so I went to the Pick Up Center to tell them and they told me they would not fulfill my order because it wasn't the 18th of October. They told me to cancel and just pay for it at the register. Hello, I'm logic. Have we met?

When the 18th came, they would have sent me an email that they didn't have any in-store.

Found both today in the same endcap....only 5 or so of each. Stark contrast from the 2 dozen Lion Kings a month ago.

picked up the POTC case today. It was on the same endcap as TLK cases. They still had 3-4 TLK cases and only had 3 of the POTC.

No sign of Cars 2 cases, just a promo poster beside the endcap advertising it and POTC. May place an order and see if I can pick one up that way as there was no one in the movie section to ask about it. Plus I had my 4 yo with me, which makes it hard to shop sometimes.

Thanks OP. I just ordered the Lion King case. Does anyone know how many blu-ray slots will be available in the case? I'm assuming 4 because it says "Diamond Edition."

I ordered the Lion King Trilogy in that dumb looking drum boxset and I'm wondering if I can fit the blu-rays for Lion king 1, 2, 1.5, and Lion King 3D in the steelbook case.

Sorry if this has already been asked

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Thanks OP. I just ordered the Lion King case. Does anyone know how many blu-ray slots will be available in the case? I'm assuming 4 because it says "Diamond Edition."

I ordered the Lion King Trilogy in that dumb looking drum boxset and I'm wondering if I can fit the blu-rays for Lion king 1, 2, 1.5, and Lion King 3D in the steelbook case.

Sorry if this has already been asked[/QUOTE]

I just checked my 3 to see. Cars and Pirates hold 4, Lion holds 3. Wonder why they didn't make them all hold 4 :roll:

[quote name='DestroVega']steel books are cool but i wouldn't ever rebuy a title for one.[/QUOTE]Why would you need one if you weren't going to buy it?

[quote name='sgand']I just checked my 3 to see. Cars and Pirates hold 4, Lion holds 3. Wonder why they didn't make them all hold 4 :roll:[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. I really appreciate you checking. The Lion King case holding three is fine. I don't even have a 3d TV, so the 3D blu-ray can sit in the stupid drum boxset packaging rubbing up against the DVDs.

This Lion King case sounds like $7.50 well spent. I haven't really collected many blu-ray steelbooks. I think I only have Sleeping Beauty and Scarface. This might be the beginning of an obsession. :) I'll have to check out the cars 2 and Pirates cases if they're our on the floor. I got a crapload of those Cars 2 Videogame steelbooks for .01 cent, but they are DVD sized. :cry:

I was strictly a Steelbook collector, but this current wave of Metalboxes has changed my tune. They are absolutely beautiful and I love the embossing.

Was able to get both PotC and Cars 2 @ the Harrison St store in SF yesterday. They hadn't been received into the store, so they showed 0 in stock. I convinced the girl to check the back and told her what to look for and sure enough they were there. She said "a 3rd party" was supposed to put them out and blew it. She brought out a handful of each (5?) and gave me one of each and put the rest it for general consumption saying that was all they had.

Heck yes! I just got back from Best Buy by my work and they had both. They had them in place of the Lion King MetalBox's. They had like 10 of each. Picked up one of each.

[quote name='snowmint']I want the Lion King one. Do I buy it now or hope it pennies out at BB?[/QUOTE]

Unless your store's endcap has a bunch just sitting there, I doubt it will penny out. It will sell out though, as most reports have it gone or almost gone.

Grab the Cars 2 and PoTC when you see them if you want them. They've been put out in fewer quantities.

I have a question hopefully someone can answer for me. So I preordered Lion King, Pirates, and Cars 2 at BB just for the MetalBox but I don't wish to purchase the movies there, I prefer Amazon. I noticed that the back of each case says that if I don't pick up the movie after a certain date, I can get a refund. Will I be able to keep MetalBox and get a refund or do I need to give it back??

[quote name='KidSqueek']I have a question hopefully someone can answer for me. So I preordered Lion King, Pirates, and Cars 2 at BB just for the MetalBox but I don't wish to purchase the movies there, I prefer Amazon. I noticed that the back of each case says that if I don't pick up the movie after a certain date, I can get a refund. Will I be able to keep MetalBox and get a refund or do I need to give it back??[/QUOTE]

Wow I really hope not. I ordered the case but I have no intention of buying the movie from best buy. I ordered the lion king case, so I will only be charged $7.50+ tax? Correct?

this case pre sell can be applied to the lion king order in general? I don't know what to choose. A lunchbox or a poster.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Wow I really hope not. I ordered the case but I have no intention of buying the movie from best buy. I ordered the lion king case, so I will only be charged $7.50+ tax? Correct?[/QUOTE]

no you dont have to take the case back just the receipt, i did that with the lord of the rings steelbook too.

[quote name='seether254']no you dont have to take the case back just the receipt, i did that with the lord of the rings steelbook too.[/QUOTE]

I still don't understand. Sorry if this has already been discussed. You're saying they will make me buy the lion king blu ray and I will have to return it? So I'll have to spend like $7.50 + $35.00+ tax. Then return the bluray? That seems insane to get a metal case.

Maybe I didn't make it clear because I'm writing all of this from my phone. All that I want is the steelbook.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I still don't understand. Sorry if this has already been discussed. You're saying they will make me buy the lion king blu ray and I will have to return it? So I'll have to spend like $7.50 + $35.00+ tax. Then return the bluray? That seems insane to get a metal case.

Maybe I didn't make it clear because I'm writing all of this from my phone. All that I want is the steelbook.[/QUOTE]

i think you must be misreading something here. when you buy one of those metal cases to preorder a movie at BB, that $7.50 goes towards the purchase price of the movie. in the event that you decide not to purchase the movie from BB, you can take your receipt to the store and get a refund for what you've previously paid w/o having to bring in the case or purchase the movie first.

also, you wouldn't spend $7.50 + $35.00 + tax in your example above. it would be the $7.50 for the preorder/case + $27.50 to finalize the purchase of the movie assuming we're looking at a movie w/an original sales price of $35.00. hope that helps.

[quote name='pandarus']i think you must be misreading something here. when you buy one of those metal cases to preorder a movie at BB, that $7.50 goes towards the purchase price of the movie. in the event that you decide not to purchase the movie from BB, you can take your receipt to the store and get a refund for what you've previously paid w/o having to bring in the case or purchase the movie first.

also, you wouldn't spend $7.50 + $35.00 + tax in your example above. it would be the $7.50 for the preorder/case + $27.50 to finalize the purchase of the movie assuming we're looking at a movie w/an original sales price of $35.00. hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

I ordered the Lion King blu ray case on Bestbuy.com for in-store pickup. They charged my credit card $7.95. Can't I just walk up to customer service and pick up my $7.95 case? What do I need a refund for?

I'm sick with a stomach virus right now and I have a fever, and you guys are seriously confusing me. I must be very delirious. I'm going to try to go to bed.

[quote name='VTCO']Unless your store's endcap has a bunch just sitting there, I doubt it will penny out. It will sell out though, as most reports have it gone or almost gone.

Grab the Cars 2 and PoTC when you see them if you want them. They've been put out in fewer quantities.[/QUOTE]

I ordered one from Bestbuy.com and supposedly its gonna ship to my home because its not available to pick up at my store.

But another thing anyone know if i take my metal case to the store can i get the movie cheaper(because of the preorder price of the case going to the total price of the movie).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='joshxx']I ordered one from Bestbuy.com and supossedly its gonna ship to my home because its not available to pick up at my store.

But another thing anyone know if i take my metal case to the store can i get the movie cheaper(because of the price of the case).[/QUOTE]

Not the case, just the receipt. They will deducted the $7.50 from the final price of the movie.

for an order on best buy.com i think they will deduct from your bluray purchase if u cancel. if u get at best buy BM you can get a refund easily no ?'s asked (unless your store has a policy on pre-sell returns, but it should be ok).

I have a Lion King BR metal box from BB but now I want to get my 7.50 refund. I did an online order so this is a little complicated for me.

[quote name='Serpentor']I don't see Cars 2 and PotC cases at all, what's up with that?[/QUOTE]
Check the customer service or the register. I usually find them at the register or the in-store pickup section if there's nothing at the endcap. Make sure to ask for canceled order from in-store pickup. I was lucky when I found out that TLK metalbox has canceled by a customer. Same goes for Fast Five Steelbook, someone has canceled their order. :D

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I ordered the Lion King blu ray case on Bestbuy.com for in-store pickup. They charged my credit card $7.95. Can't I just walk up to customer service and pick up my $7.95 case? What do I need a refund for?

I'm sick with a stomach virus right now and I have a fever, and you guys are seriously confusing me. I must be very delirious. I'm going to try to go to bed.[/QUOTE]

ok. Here goes: if you buy the pre-order metal case for $7.95 then you just have the case. Your not obligated to buy the movie when it releases. After the date on the back of your pre-order case comes you can go to customer service with just you receipt (not the case) and get your pre-order money back essentially getting a free case without buying the movie at all. Hope this helps, and feel better soon!

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']Question: Do we have to go to customer service? Or will a regular cashier suffice?[/QUOTE]

customer service. I find thats where the cashiers will usually direct you.

[quote name='seether254']ok. Here goes: if you buy the pre-order metal case for $7.95 then you just have the case. Your not obligated to buy the movie when it releases. After the date on the back of your pre-order case comes you can go to customer service with just you receipt (not the case) and get your pre-order money back essentially getting a free case without buying the movie at all. Hope this helps, and feel better soon![/QUOTE]

Oh okay. I didn't understand that you could get the $7.50 back. I didn't even care about getting the $7.50 back. Thanks very much for explaining it to me.

I feel a little better today thank goodness.

[quote name='Serpentor']I don't see Cars 2 and PotC cases at all, what's up with that?[/QUOTE]
Mine were on an end cap, across from the Disney movies section. These are really sexy steelbooks IMO!

they removed what was left of TLK and finally put out the Cars 2 cases yesterday at my local store. There were about 3 or so left when I got there yesterday evening.

[quote name='Jodou']Mine were on an end cap, across from the Disney movies section. These are really sexy steelbooks IMO![/QUOTE]

Except that they aren't steelbooks at all. lol.

Picked up both Cars 2 and Pirates. There were only like four Cars 2 and like three Pirates. I love the Cars 2 one. It's beautiful.

[quote name='basketb']Except that they aren't steelbooks at all. lol.[/QUOTE]
I haven't opened them yet, but could've fooled me from the outside. Looks like a steelbook to me or at the least a very convincing knock-off.

[quote name='jterp7']so has anyone had issues doing in store pickup with TLK steelbook and getting the deposit refunded?[/QUOTE]

I just had an issue with just getting a refund in general (I had purchased my steelbook in store)...

I bought mine the first day they were available... which means 32 days ago...

took the receipt to customer svc...

he looked it over... called someone else, etc...

finally tells me they're going to make an exception and do it this time - but that I was over the 30 day limit for returns...

I very calmly instructed him on a number of his stores policies...

1 - I am a silver reward zone member so I get 45 day return priviledges...

2 - the item just came out tuesday - it was a pre order only and I have opted not to pick up the item...

3 - the back of the pre order clearly stated that I can get a refund on it if I opt not to make the purchase...

he shut up & processed the refund

I just ordered TLK steelcase for in store pick up, and got the "your order is ready for pick up email". Couldn't find them on the shelves at a couple of stores yesterday, but they are "in stock" at every store around here. Might pick up the lunchbox as well as those are "in stock" almost everywhere as well. Of course, I don't trust the online store inventory reports much...

grabbed a Pirates SB today, they had about 8 of them and the Cars 2..the Cars 2 looks identical to those released for the game, but I can't remember if the one for the game was G1 sized or BD sized..

[quote name='token2k6']grabbed a Pirates SB today, they had about 8 of them and the Cars 2..the Cars 2 looks identical to those released for the game, but I can't remember if the one for the game was G1 sized or BD sized..[/QUOTE]

they are definitely different sizes... the blu ray one is a straight on view of the artwork... the game / dvd size one is the same artwork but at an angle... the back artwork for both are completely different...

[quote name='Jodou']I haven't opened them yet, but could've fooled me from the outside. Looks like a steelbook to me or at the least a very convincing knock-off.[/QUOTE]

if you look at the spine you can totally tell the difference.

[quote name='seether254']if you look at the spine you can totally tell the difference.[/QUOTE]
Lol, well I'm not that diehard of a steelbook collector to cry about it. They look great and that's all I care about.

Picked up potc. Not sure if i feel like the hassle for cars as I have the g1 size from the video game preorder. Hmmm

PoTC holds 4 discs, correct? Anyone know how many Cars 2 holds?

I'm trying to decide if I should open the cases to put the movies in or just keep them sealed.

[quote name='VTCO']PoTC holds 4 discs, correct? Anyone know how many Cars 2 holds?

I'm trying to decide if I should open the cases to put the movies in or just keep them sealed.[/QUOTE]

I believe it also has 4 slots. I hate how the lion king only had 3.:bomb:

Thanks for the head's up. Yeah, I was disappointed TLK only held three. Then again, a digital copy disc sitting around in dust is nothing new for my collection haha

bread's done
Back