Best Buy: Fable III & AC: Brotherhood Collector's Edition clearnce priced.

fallenjedi

CAGiversary!
Stopped by the Torrance, CA Best Buy after work tonight and found that Fable III Limited Collector's Edition (BB sku 1036776) was priced at $29.99, while Xbox 360 Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Collector's Edition (BB sku 1338007) was priced at $59.99. I think fellow CAGers were finding Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood cheaper ($50), but I didn't want to chance missing out since almost every BB I've been to in the last 3 days never seemed to have the Xbox version in stock. Tons of PS3 versions but didn't confirm if they were also clearanced.

Maybe 6 copies left of Fable III, and 4 copies of AC: Brotherhood. Happy hunting!

[quote name='trunks982']u got codes on the paper map? i was looking for the codes but its not there.[/QUOTE]

Yea 2 sheets behind the manual inside the gamebox.

Ive only entered the one with the two maps pictured, but it mentioned something bout Captain when it finished, havent entered the code on the paper with the Captain himself

[quote name='dennisb407']Yea 2 sheets behind the manual inside the gamebox.

Ive only entered the one with the two maps pictured, but it mentioned something bout Captain when it finished, havent entered the code on the paper with the Captain himself[/QUOTE]

Did you happen to get the 360 version?

damn, assbro ps3 didn't last til morning when i was gonna pick it up w/ lb planet 2 and mass eff 2. oh well. can't say i was an assbro fan. but still.

If this thread is going to keep jumping to the top, can we please fix the typo in the title? It's been bugging me for a week.

[quote name='Porksta']Willing to buy Fable III CE if someone could pick it up for me at $30.[/QUOTE]

Your willing to buy it from someone for less then the cost of the game plus tax and shipping. How sweet

[quote name='Skulles']Your willing to buy it from someone for less then the cost of the game plus tax and shipping. How sweet[/QUOTE]

I'd be willing to pay cost plust tax and shipping for the fable 3 ce

Successfully did a return/rebuy of AC:B :360: with my preorder of LBP2 CE and ME2 :ps3: this morning. The cashier even let me keep the 10% off price of AC:B! I was shocked.

Don't trust the store inventory tracker. It said no stores in my area had Fable 3 but I stopped pass for the hell of at and there it was. I got the last one locked in a cage up by the registers.

so it sounds like AC:Brotherhood is not a YMMV on price (that's what I gathered reading through here a bit...)

They said they had copies in stock at the store near me....

Hopefully gonna grab the CE of AC:Broterhood + ME2 +LBP2 :applause:

[quote name='Envel']My brotherhood Collectors had the codes for the maps so I guess I was lucky?[/QUOTE]

Depends on whether yours is 360 or PS3 version. It seems that couple members have confirm that they got the codes and couple did not receive codes. Maybe there is PS3 versions that got the codes, but the ones got the codes are for 360 and the ones that did not are for PS3, that seems to be the case for now.

Couple of quick notes:

It's true, as I was informed earlier in the thread, even if the price is marked $100, AC Brotherhood rings up $60

Also, the exclusive map codes were missing from the package, but simply call Ubisoft tech support and your problem should be resolved in a few hours

FYI, Georgetown,TX Best Buy still has 2 more 360 and 1 more PS3 copies of AC Brotherhood CE for $59.99. They supposedly still had Fable III CE but some ass-hat must have hidden them as they were in the system but nowhere to be found on the shelves by me or the employees.

Got 1 copy of LittleBigPlanet Collector's Edition and 2 copies of Call of Duty : Black Ops Prestige Edition (PS3) for $160.

Apparently the PS3 version of Prestige is much rarer than 360 from what I see at online retail, and fetch for much higher price. Even Amazon is sold out of it.

[quote name='miriamleo']Got 1 copy of LittleBigPlanet Collector's Edition and 2 copies of Call of Duty : Black Ops Prestige Edition (PS3) for $160.

Apparently the PS3 version of Prestige is much rarer than 360 from what I see at online retail, and fetch for much higher price. Even Amazon is sold out of it.[/QUOTE]
Nice haul!

The only difference between the PS3 and 360 versions of the Prestige Edition, besides its outer box, is the game package including steel book + DLC (basically what makes up the LE version of the game). The RC car and the medal are identical.

Funny thing is I still see the PS3 LE version in some retailers but not the 360 LE.

for those ps3 ac:b buyers who didnt get a map code....where did you finally manage to get it from? I have posted over on support for ubisoft with no reply back in 3 days.

Gainesville, FL Archer Rd. BB has 2 copies of AC: Brotherhood CE. As mentioned earlier the price is $59.95 nationwide and CEs are eligible for B2G1.

Picked up the last Fable CE at the Bronx best buy. They had like 10 AC : CE still left but wasn't sure if it was that great a deal.

My Best Buy also had Halo:Reach limited for $60 and legendary for $80. Don't know if this is anywhere else on CAG yet.

Can anyone that has the 360 version of AC: Brotherhood CE please confirm something for me regarding the code. Mine was missing, and I was given a replacement from Ubisoft with only 19 digits (not the usual 20 that most xbox codes are). Are the codes really only 19 numbers and not 20?

[quote name='Jayrcee']Can anyone that has the 360 version of AC: Brotherhood CE please confirm something for me regarding the code. Mine was missing, and I was given a replacement from Ubisoft with only 19 digits (not the usual 20 that most xbox codes are). Are the codes really only 19 numbers and not 20?[/QUOTE]
Yes. There should only be 3 characters in the first combination.
The codes are actually redeemed through an in-game menu.

[quote name='Vader582']Yes. There should only be 3 characters in the first combination.
The codes are actually redeemed through an in-game menu.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='vballboy51']i picked up an extra Fable III CE for some CAG's and so far i've had 2 back out. if anyone is interested contact me[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that man. Finding one at $29.99 is just better than $45 when you're broke. That $15 can go a long way.

how did people ask for the missing code in the ac ps3 edition? i called in and told them i bought this at bestbuy last week and they said the codes were for preorder only. i told them the box said the code is suppose to be inside but rep still said it's preorder only. didn't want to argue anymore.

I would just call them again and talk to someone else. Sounds like I'm going to have fun with this when I go to get mine for the 360. I hope this deal lasts till next week but I'm sure it wont. Also sucks this is not for PC games too.

[quote name='XF Gator']Gainesville, FL Archer Rd. BB has 2 copies of AC: Brotherhood CE. As mentioned earlier the price is $59.95 nationwide and CEs are eligible for B2G1.[/QUOTE]

Did they have any Fable III CE left at that store?

[quote name='woodcan']FYI, Georgetown,TX Best Buy still has 2 more 360 and 1 more PS3 copies of AC Brotherhood CE for $59.99. They supposedly still had Fable III CE but some ass-hat must have hidden them as they were in the system but nowhere to be found on the shelves by me or the employees.[/QUOTE]

Last time someone did something I like that, I watched them go to their car, then to another close by store, and after they got out and went in...I shattered their windshield, then proceeded to go back to BB and stole their hidden items

[quote name='HydroX']Sorry about that man. Finding one at $29.99 is just better than $45 when you're broke. That $15 can go a long way.[/QUOTE]

all good man, don't worry. i don't blame you at all

I can look and see if any Houston stores have the Fable 3 CE when I go in to pick up my phone today, cause i need to find a store that has the Assasin's Creed, mafia II and Alan Wake CE's so i could do B2G1. It could happen!

[quote name='jcp42877']Last time someone did something I like that, I watched them go to their car, then to another close by store, and after they got out and went in...I shattered their windshield, then proceeded to go back to BB and stole their hidden items[/QUOTE]

Steven Spielberg just called, he wants you to write all his stories for his fiction movies from now on

[quote name='dn3g3l']how did people ask for the missing code in the ac ps3 edition? i called in and told them i bought this at bestbuy last week and they said the codes were for preorder only. i told them the box said the code is suppose to be inside but rep still said it's preorder only. didn't want to argue anymore.[/QUOTE]

I just went on their website, created a Ubisoft account and asked a question. I had a response in two days asking me to provide photos of box, disc and receipt. I received my codes by the next day.

[quote name='sharpeone']I just went on their website, created a Ubisoft account and asked a question. I had a response in two days asking me to provide photos of box, disc and receipt. I received my codes by the next day.[/QUOTE]

I did the same except included photos in my initial post and got the code the next day. pretty good service.

So was this only for the PS3 that didn't come with the codes? My 360 copy came with what looks to be everything. I even got a best buy character.

[quote name='sendme']So was this only for the PS3 that didn't come with the codes? My 360 copy came with what looks to be everything. I even got a best buy character.[/QUOTE]

yea. seems like the PS3 version doesnt get the map codes. and also AVP hunter edition comes with broken tail for the PS3 owners.

I bought a 360 Ass Creed Brotherhood at the Fayetteville, GA BB. There were still 3 360's and 1 PS3. I was undecided between the PS3 and 360 since I wanted to have all the missions but decided for the 360 due mostly cause I prefer Live and like the controller more.

bread's done
Back