Best Buy February Reward Zone Gamers Club Offers

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
02110GG_11_OABrA.jpg

In for brutal legend, godfather 2 strat guide, trans:rev of fallen strat guide, and Street fighter 4 strat guide, all for 21.64... love that my best buy has penny guides from fall still out haha...

Just wanted to report that DA:O in the Greece, NY store worked well for me. $29.99. (after $10 coupon).

I was bracing for the worst (and ready to walk out without it) but happy everything went through fine. :bouncy:

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Man, I wish Tekken 6 would drop to $40 already so I can use the $20 off coupon.[/QUOTE]

Saw Tekken 6 :360: for $30 on Clearance at a local Target yesterday. Worth checking into if you are looking for it for

[quote name='nixmahn']i'd wish brutal legend would drop to 20 so I can horde (sigh fairytale fights, such fond memories)[/QUOTE]

They'll give us a screwed up coupon soon enough. Hopefully before BB decides to hire me though or I'll have to rely on my relatives to take advantage of the coupon FOR me.:cry: That's the ONLY drawback of applying for work at BB is that I'd probably be pretty much forbidden from taking advantage of glitches.

If I can't do it and have to rely on family, I might as well start paying MSRP for games, since they think it's a waste to make as many trips as I do for glitches/coupons/penny guides.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']They'll give us a screwed up coupon soon enough. Hopefully before BB decides to hire me though or I'll have to rely on my relatives to take advantage of the coupon FOR me.:cry: That's the ONLY drawback of applying for work at BB is that I'd probably be pretty much forbidden from taking advantage of glitches.

If I can't do it and have to rely on family, I might as well start paying MSRP for games, since they think it's a waste to make as many trips as I do for glitches/coupons/penny guides.[/QUOTE]

I applied last fall at the Chapel Hill, OH BB. I'm glad I wasn't hired though as I wouldn't want to be associated with managers that lie to customers and employees that are so lazy that you have to push them to get them to help you find something.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']I need help deciding between Brutal Legend for $20 or DA:O for $30. Both PS3...hmm...:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

How about option C: wait for the inevitable clearance prices everywhere and buy them then.:D

That would be my option, unless they price drop BL again(to $20) while the coupon is still active. Then, it be time to loot n plunder again. Arrrrr.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']How about option C: wait for the inevitable clearance prices everywhere and buy them then.:D

That would be my option, unless they price drop BL again(to $20) while the coupon is still active. Then, it be time to loot n plunder again. Arrrrr.[/QUOTE]

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm hoping for some kinda freebie @ BB for the month of March. After all there was the Sudoku Ball Detectives deal. Also the DA:O coupon is working even though it's "on sale". Maybe that's a sign that someone is dropping the ball again in corporate?

It's really interesting because the TIV of DA:O PS3 is $31.25 right now. If that held up, one could play through the game & get their money back in credit @ least. Although I'm guessing that DA:O isn't the kind of game you beat in a few hours.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']:lol::lol::lol:

I'm hoping for some kinda freebie @ BB for the month of March. After all there was the Sudoku Ball Detectives deal. Also the DA:O coupon is working even though it's "on sale". Maybe that's a sign that someone is dropping the ball again in corporate?

It's really interesting because the TIV of DA:O PS3 is $31.25 right now. If that held up, one could play through the game & get their money back in credit @ least. Although I'm guessing that DA:O isn't the kind of game you beat in a few hours.[/QUOTE]

It's very text heavy and I found it boring. The only thing interesting about it was you could send out your 'companion'(dog they give you early on the game) to find stuff for you.

It could take you a long time though if you're a completionist as there are multiple storylines to go through, I believe. But if you just want to straight up go through it for one character, you could do it in a week if you play enough.

Anyone know if PSN points cards count towards the gamers club amount? i'm 2 dollars short of another certificate, and already got the regular points for the card - wondering if it'll add onto the gamers club at some point.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It's very text heavy and I found it boring. The only thing interesting about it was you could send out your 'companion'(dog they give you early on the game) to find stuff for you.

It could take you a long time though if you're a completionist as there are multiple storylines to go through, I believe. But if you just want to straight up go through it for one character, you could do it in a week if you play enough.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my biggest turn off from the game is the low res looking textures & animations. Something about the way that dog looks in gameplay vids just ain't right! :lol:

The game being boring was another slight concern of mine. I do love RPG's, but between the 2, I might go for Brutal Legend. Gameplay vids of it look pretty funny. For $20 it looks decent. However I'm also debating about using that cash towards the MvC fight stick for PS3. I took a look @ one tonight when I picked up RE5 Collectors edition for $30 new/sealed, & damn...w/ the reflective metallic finish, that fight stick is damn sexy! :hot:

[quote name='diddy310']Anyone know if PSN points cards count towards the gamers club amount? i'm 2 dollars short of another certificate, and already got the regular points for the card - wondering if it'll add onto the gamers club at some point.[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure if its an error but they gave me points when I bought a $20 PSN card I think. But I could be wrong.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Yeah, my biggest turn off from the game is the low res looking textures & animations. Something about the way that dog looks in gameplay vids just ain't right! :lol:

The game being boring was another slight concern of mine. I do love RPG's, but between the 2, I might go for Brutal Legend. Gameplay vids of it look pretty funny. For $20 it looks decent. However I'm also debating about using that cash towards the MvC fight stick for PS3. I took a look @ one tonight when I picked up RE5 Collectors edition for $30 new/sealed, & damn...w/ the reflective metallic finish, that fight stick is damn sexy! :hot:[/QUOTE]

I prefer games like Sacred 2 and Dark Alliance 1&2(hack n slash) over the type of game Dragon Age is.

I'm just hoping when I go for the interview tomorrow that they have some pennied guides at my closest BB. If not I'll check the other one where I found them out and marked on Monday morning.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I prefer games like Sacred 2 and Dark Alliance 1&2(hack n slash) over the type of game Dragon Age is.

I'm just hoping when I go for the interview tomorrow that they have some pennied guides at my closest BB. If not I'll check the other one where I found them out and marked on Monday morning.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I love hack 'n slash type of RPG's. I think that's part of why I love Demon's Souls so freakin' much. Damn...I gotta buy that game again. I had to sell it w/ my PS3 back a few weeks before my tax refund arrived. Now that I have a PS3 Slim (I prefer it over the older models), I can work on my game collection.

I've been looking for a cheaper copy of Demon's Souls too, but every time GoHastings.com has it in stock during a sale it's one of the first games to sell out.

That's why I'm hoping someone will want my God Of War Collection for a $14.98 copy from Target, since it's on clearance there and I can't get to the one Target that I know has it without an hour or more drive.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I've been looking for a cheaper copy of Demon's Souls too, but every time GoHastings.com has it in stock during a sale it's one of the first games to sell out.

That's why I'm hoping someone will want my God Of War Collection for a $14.98 copy from Target, since it's on clearance there and I can't get to the one Target that I know has it without an hour or more drive.[/QUOTE]

There is a guy near me on craigslist that has a near mint copy of Demon's Souls for $40. I think I might offer him $30 for it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']They'll give us a screwed up coupon soon enough. Hopefully before BB decides to hire me though or I'll have to rely on my relatives to take advantage of the coupon FOR me.:cry: That's the ONLY drawback of applying for work at BB is that I'd probably be pretty much forbidden from taking advantage of glitches.

If I can't do it and have to rely on family, I might as well start paying MSRP for games, since they think it's a waste to make as many trips as I do for glitches/coupons/penny guides.[/QUOTE]
Why is that, I do it all the time

[quote name='diddy310']Anyone know if PSN points cards count towards the gamers club amount? i'm 2 dollars short of another certificate, and already got the regular points for the card - wondering if it'll add onto the gamers club at some point.[/QUOTE]
They used to count towards Gamers Club points about 6 months ago, not sure if it has changed since then.

***apologies if this has already been asked***

i see that there are bonus points included for pre-ordering certain games - what's the policy in canceling pre-orders just to hoard the points? would they take away my points if i ended up canceling the pre-order?

[quote name='hiljay']***apologies if this has already been asked***

i see that there are bonus points included for pre-ordering certain games - what's the policy in canceling pre-orders just to hoard the points? would they take away my points if i ended up canceling the pre-order?[/QUOTE]

I believe you have to actually purchase the game for the points to apply. At least that's what I was told a minute after I plunked down $5 on Red Dead Redemption late last month.:cry:

But it typically takes 45 days for points to post to your account, I believe. Unfortunately, their return period is 30 days.:cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I believe you have to actually purchase the game for the points to apply. At least that's what I was told a minute after I plunked down $5 on Red Dead Redemption late last month.:cry:

But it typically takes 45 days for points to post to your account, I believe. Unfortunately, their return period is 30 days.:cry:[/QUOTE]
Thats right, your points post 45 days after you do the exchange of the pre-order for the game. It is so people don't cheat the system for free points.

just got an email that I re-qualified for premier silver!! just wanted to share..here is my stat:

65277 points ($1305 in reward certificates*) as of 02/21/2010

so for all those who say its not worth it..$1305 is a ton of money! however, I fear I must have spent over $10k to achieve that (sorry, too lazy to do the math) Also, that seems to be a running total since joining in like 2006.

[quote name='token2k6']just got an email that I re-qualified for premier silver!! just wanted to share..here is my stat:

65277 points ($1305 in reward certificates*) as of 02/21/2010

so for all those who say its not worth it..$1305 is a ton of money! however, I fear I must have spent over $10k to achieve that (sorry, too lazy to do the math) Also, that seems to be a running total since joining in like 2006.[/QUOTE]

It's some kind of screw-up...I got the same email saying I've earned 90,000 points with $1800 in RZ certs which is total bullsh!t.

Edit: I checked my account just to see if they gave me an extra $1000 in RZ certs...they didn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Mark me down as one of the rare few to be rejected. And this will sound arbitrary to most, but I think it was my breaking point with Best Buy. I've not had a company work harder to not get my money.

This will sound like sour grapes, but here's a very minor recap.

1) Attempted to spend $1200 dollars on an HDTV with them. They suddenly were sold out at my ordered store and multiple others they tried to get me to drive to, including one that showed as having three in stock.

2) My last two "quick and easy" in-store pickups took over 20 minutes each due to poor line management and slow computers.

3) Just today, I handed the kid at the counter the game and coupon and he apologetically explained that they wouldn't honor it, even though it was a valid coupon in date. My issue here was that this was an email coupon part of their customer loyalty and incentive program. For $30, I had my wallet in hand ready to pay. But today, with their chains having lost big parts of those sales to Gamestop and fighting other price-matching competitors, with people generally spending less....they said no.

At this point, I've pretty much decided to either see if I can price-match at Target or see if Amazon lowers the price. But honestly, Best Buy has done everything wrong and lost me as a customer.

I don't know how this sounds written out without inflection or tone, but it's not an angry rant. But as someone who has worked retail and in other customer service fields....they just haven't tried to keep me as a customer. So I will make the conscious decision to spend elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

If you need a hookup on DA:O, I can get you one for the $29.99 price, plus 7.5% NC tax, plus shipping...

^^I think that died the 21st..and I think it'd be on page 8 or 9 by now. I searched for it frantically over the weekend on my phone, it was a pain!

[quote name='token2k6']^^I think that died the 21st..and I think it'd be on page 8 or 9 by now. I searched for it frantically over the weekend on my phone, it was a pain![/QUOTE]

Looked through the whole thread and can't seem to find it. And the one I remember seeing didn't expire until sometime in March.

[quote name='token2k6']^^I think that died the 21st..and I think it'd be on page 8 or 9 by now. I searched for it frantically over the weekend on my phone, it was a pain![/QUOTE]

expired..I just shredded my unused physical copy a couple days ago ,,,

[quote name='ChernobylCow']$19.99 is a pretty good deal for Brutal Legend, eh?[/QUOTE]

It'd be a better deal if they price dropped it again to $19.99 before the coupon expires.;) That's about the price I'm willing to pay for games I'm not 100% certain I'll like.

Picked up Brutal Legend as well for 360. Found one with the 3 free songs for Rock Band, and code is still good even though says they already expired.

[quote name='roninld']Picked up Brutal Legend as well for 360. Found one with the 3 free songs for Rock Band, and code is still good even though says they already expired.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I sorted through the 20 or so copies they had until I found one that had the 3 free songs. Now I just have to find a cheap decent guitar for Rock Band PS3. I would have picked up Beatles Rockband for $30 (only version I'm interested in), but I've done more than enough spending on games as of late.

My original email stated that I had earned 362856 RZ points for a total of $7255 worth of BB credit. I was about to go on one hell of a shopping spree. LOL

Yeah, they sent out corrected emails. I bet you someone will still take the email and try and hold BB accountable for an error.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']$19.99 is a pretty good deal for Brutal Legend, eh?[/QUOTE]

I like it so far....good music, and funny.

I bought it for full price on launch day, and loved every minute of it. The highlight is the excellent performance by the cast (in addition to having the best licensed soundtrack ever), with Jack Black doing an amazing job as Eddie. Unfortunately, once I beat it, I couldn't find much reason to continue, and ended up trading it in during a GS promotion.

Absolutely worth at least one playthrough, but don't count on a ton of content beyond that unless you get into the multiplayer (which, in all honesty, I doubt has much for a playerbase these days.) Regardless, it's definitely worth $19.99.

[quote name='jazzman']My original email stated that I had earned 362856 RZ points for a total of $7255 worth of BB credit. I was about to go on one hell of a shopping spree. LOL[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Estebon']Yeah, they sent out corrected emails. I bet you someone will still take the email and try and hold BB accountable for an error.[/QUOTE]

Now why doesn't good shit like that ever happen to me anymore?:D I would've been the one to take the email and hold BB accountable. That's a couple decent sized free HDtv's(and a 360, some games, a Wii, etc, etc).;)

The way it is I couldn't even convince the CSR I spoke to when I called to try and get my points adjusted back to what they were to put the old points back.:cry:

[quote name='msriflegirl']If you need a hookup on DA:O, I can get you one for the $29.99 price, plus 7.5% NC tax, plus shipping...[/QUOTE]

That is a very kind offer, thank you. I was waiting to see if Amazon would match but it appears they won't. I'm considering getting a copy of the Ad and going to Target so I can ensure the money doesn't go to Best Buy. Thank you again for the offer.

Did I miss something for March. I find it weird that the coupons are good for 3 days and we haven't seen a peek for what is the march coupons.

So I know people were calling Best Buy and getting Reward Zone certificates and points placed back, but how often does that work.

I lost 114.4 points according to the site, but most of that was from purchases in November and December. I have 189 in my account right now, and I'm really just trying to get Dragon Age for under $30.

[quote name='lolwut?']So I know people were calling Best Buy and getting Reward Zone certificates and points placed back, but how often does that work.

I lost 114.4 points according to the site, but most of that was from purchases in November and December. I have 189 in my account right now, and I'm really just trying to get Dragon Age for under $30.[/QUOTE]

It didn't work too well for me, but it has worked for others, including that one guy who got 326k points put into his account. I think he said it totalled out to $7200 in RZ certificates, but they quickly fixed that.:roll:

I would still take the email in and say I want my $7200 in certificates back though.:lol:

Im sure its been mentioned, but flipping the PS3 version of Dragon Age at amazon is almost a 1:1 flip if you are trying to get out of some best buy gift cards and reward zone certificates (like me)
The PS3 version is currently trading in for 31.25 on amazon. The 360 version is only getting 12.25!

Im assuming tax would take it a little higher than 31.25 at best buy...

(also assuming the coupon works for you)

Does anyone know if BB will price match Target on Brutal Legend AND take the $20 off coupon? That'd bring the game down to $9.99.

A friend online stated his best buy had a sign up by Brutal Legend that said "No need to price match!" and it as ticketed at $29.99 to match the target price, and they took his coupon no problem. Just wondering if anyone else had tried this?

hmm, well considering they need an override to PM, a manager or upper level CSR will be right there. If they are not in a good mood, they might shoot you down for 'combining offers' Very YMMV! as always..

I thought about PMing the Target price, but didn't feel it was worth it (wait? what am I saying :roll: ) or that I wouldn't be able to pull it off

[quote name='Slayerfaith1982']Does anyone know if BB will price match Target on Brutal Legend AND take the $20 off coupon? That'd bring the game down to $9.99.

A friend online stated his best buy had a sign up by Brutal Legend that said "No need to price match!" and it as ticketed at $29.99 to match the target price, and they took his coupon no problem. Just wondering if anyone else had tried this?[/QUOTE]

I wish my Best Buy would do that, since then I might actually buy something from them, but only if they took the $20 off coupon on top of the $29.99 'price match'. It seems like $10 is my 'buy' price anymore for games I'm not 100% sure on.

bread's done
Back