Best Buy February Reward Zone Gamers Club Offers

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
02110GG_11_OABrA.jpg

[quote name='GameOnJohn']The coupon says not valid on Sale prices.[/QUOTE]

The RZGC coupons do work on sale prices. I remember when a bunch of people got Fairytale Fights for free with a RZGC coupon on a sale price a while back. Lucky bastards.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']The RZGC coupons do work on sale prices. I remember when a bunch of people got Fairytale Fights for free with a RZGC coupon on a sale price a while back. Lucky bastards.[/QUOTE]

That was fixed as people could not get the coupon with Resident Evil when it was on sale.

In their system, the coupon will ring up just fine, even with sale prices. However, with a "by-the-book" cashier, they may deny you based on the fine print. Most of the time, it isn't an issue if it rings up fine.

I'll have to pass on this for now. With Heavy Rain arriving tomorrow, FFXIII coming out soon, and me trying to finish up Ace Attorney Investigations, I just can't fit this anywhere into my schedule, not to mention I have yet to complete a Bioware RPG, and that includes KOTOR I+II and Jade Empire.

Isn't there another version with DLC or is it an expansion? Or am I just making stuff up?
I might jump on this but I probably wont get to it until after FF13.

[quote name='shadowrage']Isn't there another version with DLC or is it an expansion? Or am I just making stuff up?
I might jump on this but I probably wont get to it until after FF13.[/QUOTE]

There's an expansion pack coming out next month. On the same day as FFXIII comes out, as a matter of fact.

[quote name='MasterSun1']In their system, the coupon will ring up just fine, even with sale prices. However, with a "by-the-book" cashier, they may deny you based on the fine print. Most of the time, it isn't an issue if it rings up fine.
[/QUOTE]

You could always delete the fine print on the coupon before you print it out to. :whistle2:?

[quote name='shadowrage']Isn't there another version with DLC or is it an expansion? Or am I just making stuff up?
I might jump on this but I probably wont get to it until after FF13.[/QUOTE]

Not packaged with the DLC, at least not until an inevitable rerelease with it on disc comes out.

I may have to get this. I keep kicking myself for not buying it when it was on sale on Black Friday.

I had tons of problems with Resident Evil-- override was needed for me and luckily it happened for me on my third and final Best Buy. Is this not the case with Dragon Age?

^^yes, i think it was widely reported yesterday in the sticky ad thread, not so much here..I didn't participate b/c I grabbed the CE at launch :D

[quote name='kiribee']You could always delete the fine print on the coupon before you print it out to. :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

Please remove this (or mod remove this). People do it, but we don't need it mentioned here.

[quote name='Estebon']I believe DA is not a sale price, but a new MSRP.[/QUOTE]

Seems that way, wasn't there a DA:Origins + Awakening bundle coming out?

I'm really tempted on getting this. But the combat seems a bit... on the slow side at least from the videos I seen. I'm looking for a new game since I beaten Mass Effect 2 a few times and I'm trying to kill time until Bad Company 2. Should I get this?

If I can snag DA:O for $29.99 I'll pick it up tomorrow...otherwise, it's a single player game. It's destined to drop in price again and again and again.

[quote name='MasterSun1']In their system, the coupon will ring up just fine, even with sale prices. However, with a "by-the-book" cashier, they may deny you based on the fine print. Most of the time, it isn't an issue if it rings up fine.

I'll have to pass on this for now. With Heavy Rain arriving tomorrow, FFXIII coming out soon, and me trying to finish up Ace Attorney Investigations, I just can't fit this anywhere into my schedule, not to mention I have yet to complete a Bioware RPG, and that includes KOTOR I+II and Jade Empire.[/QUOTE]

Actually, on a sale priced game, the system will accept the coupon but it does not automatically take the dollar amount off. On a normal priced game it automatically takes the dollar amount off when the cashier totals the transaction. This was fixed after the Fairytale Fights fiasco.

[quote name='LancerEvoX']Seems that way, wasn't there a DA:Origins + Awakening bundle coming out?

I'm really tempted on getting this. But the combat seems a bit... on the slow side at least from the videos I seen. I'm looking for a new game since I beaten Mass Effect 2 a few times and I'm trying to kill time until Bad Company 2. Should I get this?[/QUOTE]

I am playing dragon age as we speak. The comabt is pretty bad. Especially compared to other Bioware games.

[quote name='Estebon']I believe DA is not a sale price, but a new MSRP.[/QUOTE]

BestBuy.com says "on sale" and the ad shows "Reg. price $59.99, $39.99 after savings, save $20".

Regardless, the coupon worked. I wasn't paying close attention to the cashier interaction with the POS, but I saw the gray overlay screen that typically pops up when you use a coupon, and it seemed like the cashier just had to hit one key to accept.

I was able to get it for $30 as well with no problems.

Combat reminds me a lot of Baldur's Gate, which I totally enjoyed. Definitely not fast paced, but more strategic if I remember correctly. Hopefully Minsc makes an appearance. Or better yet, BOO!!!

Just got back from BB with DA:O for $27+ since I had $5 RZ cert and the $10 off. This also puts me over the $150 for game stuff so I should get a $10 cert for that. Thanks CAG!

[quote name='mkernan']Good deal, but already posted.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250846[/QUOTE]

I'm just curious...why did you link to the same thread you are posting in? I assume you were trying to refer to the Best Buy ad thread.

The only reason why I brought up the coupon deal back on page 26 was to let anyone who had not checked the Best Buy ad thread that the coupon featured in this thread was working on the sale.

[quote name='msriflegirl']I'm just curious...why did you link to the same thread you are posting in? I assume you were trying to refer to the Best Buy ad thread.

The only reason why I brought up the coupon deal back on page 26 was to let anyone who had not checked the Best Buy ad thread that the coupon featured in this thread was working on the sale.[/QUOTE]
The duplicate thread was merged into this thread, thereby causing the link to go back to this thread.

[quote name='no_exit']The duplicate thread was merged into this thread, thereby causing the link to go back to this thread.[/QUOTE]

Ahh...thanks :) [/doh moment]

Mark me down as one of the rare few to be rejected. And this will sound arbitrary to most, but I think it was my breaking point with Best Buy. I've not had a company work harder to not get my money.

This will sound like sour grapes, but here's a very minor recap.

1) Attempted to spend $1200 dollars on an HDTV with them. They suddenly were sold out at my ordered store and multiple others they tried to get me to drive to, including one that showed as having three in stock.

2) My last two "quick and easy" in-store pickups took over 20 minutes each due to poor line management and slow computers.

3) Just today, I handed the kid at the counter the game and coupon and he apologetically explained that they wouldn't honor it, even though it was a valid coupon in date. My issue here was that this was an email coupon part of their customer loyalty and incentive program. For $30, I had my wallet in hand ready to pay. But today, with their chains having lost big parts of those sales to Gamestop and fighting other price-matching competitors, with people generally spending less....they said no.

At this point, I've pretty much decided to either see if I can price-match at Target or see if Amazon lowers the price. But honestly, Best Buy has done everything wrong and lost me as a customer.

I don't know how this sounds written out without inflection or tone, but it's not an angry rant. But as someone who has worked retail and in other customer service fields....they just haven't tried to keep me as a customer. So I will make the conscious decision to spend elsewhere.

Kefka, the cashier denied you and stated they would not accept it, or was it the register?

Looks like you got he bad end of the service,a dn I don't blame you I would throw in the towel too.

I had no problem buying 2x Dragon Age Origins with the coupon. Each came out to $29.99 plus tax and the cashier had to do nothing special.

I know I'm behind the curve here, but I was going to buy some stuff at GameStop so I grabbed two of these as you can make a small profit ($33.99 TIV after Edge + 50% Promo). Saved $1.50 x2 @ GS plus tax.

Cashier. He didn't even scan the coupon. Others in this thread got it no problem. The cashier was apologetic, but it's still a lost sale.

[quote name='dabamus']FYI, Brutal Legend is $30 at Target this week if you can't get it at BB for some reason.[/QUOTE]

It's too bad the coupons don't work after a price match or one of the places that also allow price matches(supposedly WalMart, but never tried there)don't accept competitor coupons too. If they did, I would probably pick up Brutal Legend to go with the guide I got yesterday for it since $10 is my 'buy' price for the game.:D

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Mark me down as one of the rare few to be rejected. And this will sound arbitrary to most, but I think it was my breaking point with Best Buy. I've not had a company work harder to not get my money.

1) Attempted to spend $1200 dollars on an HDTV with them. They suddenly were sold out at my ordered store and multiple others they tried to get me to drive to, including one that showed as having three in stock.

2) My last two "quick and easy" in-store pickups took over 20 minutes each due to poor line management and slow computers.

3) Just today, I handed the kid at the counter the game and coupon and he apologetically explained that they wouldn't honor it, even though it was a valid coupon in date. My issue here was that this was an email coupon part of their customer loyalty and incentive program. For $30, I had my wallet in hand ready to pay. But today, with their chains having lost big parts of those sales to Gamestop and fighting other price-matching competitors, with people generally spending less....they said no.

At this point, I've pretty much decided to either see if I can price-match at Target or see if Amazon lowers the price. But honestly, Best Buy has done everything wrong and lost me as a customer.

I don't know how this sounds written out without inflection or tone, but it's not an angry rant. But as someone who has worked retail and in other customer service fields....they just haven't tried to keep me as a customer. So I will make the conscious decision to spend elsewhere.[/QUOTE]
Send your recap to their customer retention people. I guarantee you get a gift card out of it. Regardless of if you go back there, you would still have it to trade.

Finally picked up Brutal Legend PS3 and my copy had some wording at the back for the free RB tracks (some copies didn't). The insert with the RB code inside said it expired 12/31/09 but the code still worked on PSN as of yesterday.

The DA:O for $30 would be a good buy. It has two DLC codes inside good for 4/30/10 - one for the blood dragon armor and the other for the stone prisoner. The stone prisoner would cost $15 if you buy it separately or after 4/30/10.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Mark me down as one of the rare few to be rejected. And this will sound arbitrary to most, but I think it was my breaking point with Best Buy. I've not had a company work harder to not get my money.

I don't know how this sounds written out without inflection or tone, but it's not an angry rant. But as someone who has worked retail and in other customer service fields....they just haven't tried to keep me as a customer. So I will make the conscious decision to spend elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Are you a Reward Zone member? Unless I misunderstood, it sounded like you weren't.

I wish you came to the Bestbuy I work at, I printed out every Games Club Coupon and put them in the clear cases with every game that they work on. Since we ring up all our games in The Gaming Department, there is no problem with other cashiers thinking differently. Cascade Station Bestbuy in Portland, OR if anyone is interested

[quote name='bigassboy']I wish you came to the Bestbuy I work at, I printed out every Games Club Coupon and put them in the clear cases with every game that they work on. Since we ring up all our games in The Gaming Department, there is no problem with other cashiers thinking differently. Cascade Station Bestbuy in Portland, OR if anyone is interested[/QUOTE]
Didn't know there is a separate checkout for the gaming department in this store. Since you have a dedicated gaming dept, you must be diligent about pulling pennied guides off the shelf :)

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Mark me down as one of the rare few to be rejected. And this will sound arbitrary to most, but I think it was my breaking point with Best Buy. I've not had a company work harder to not get my money.[/quote]

I feel the same way. With CC closed, they don't even bother manning the front end half the time. When I worked at Office Depot, I'd be YELLED AT if I let the front end line get three deep for more than a few seconds before calling for backup. But six deep with one cashier is no problem for BB. Complete with annualizing the rewards program and I've got no reason to shop there. Amazon has been great to me.

1 happened to my brother but 2? Holy crap 2. Every fricken time

Picked up Brutal Legend for $10 with the coupon and $10 in RZ certificates. Great deal for a pretty cool game.

[quote name='bigassboy']I wish you came to the Bestbuy I work at, I printed out every Games Club Coupon and put them in the clear cases with every game that they work on. Since we ring up all our games in The Gaming Department, there is no problem with other cashiers thinking differently. Cascade Station Bestbuy in Portland, OR if anyone is interested[/QUOTE]
Sir, I salute you! the gaming dep at my local has gone to pot.

[quote name='Ronin317']Send your recap to their customer retention people. I guarantee you get a gift card out of it. Regardless of if you go back there, you would still have it to trade.[/QUOTE]

I think I will, if anything just to get it off my chest. If I somehow got a gift card, I'll hold a raffle for it or something.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Are you a Reward Zone member? Unless I misunderstood, it sounded like you weren't.[/QUOTE]

Actually, yes I am and have been for awhile. My question initially was to how the levels of the membership worked. I signed up for the free card, but I wasn't sure if you needed to be part of an annual subscription (in this case the Silver membership) in order to get the coupon. I was able to go online to the Best Buy site and pull up my information in minutes. Signed up for the gamer reward zone and the coupon was offered to me on the front page of the site.

In service industries, people make all the difference. Someone in the company must have foreseen this possibility. I'm not sure if what you described if frowned upon by upper levels of management, but depending on how well that effort you put in impacts your sales, you could be loved by the DM and regular customers.

2 copies of DA:O for 360, for $29.99 each (before my gift cards). There was no problem at the cashier either. I handed the salegirl the print out, a RZ coup, and my GC. Blip, Blip...Blip. F'ching. I probably won't see my buddy for a few weeks while we crack open these games but, we'll definitely have more than sports and world events to talk about.

no problems here.

Someone who cares. You sir are a standout at BB. I was at the Janzten Beach BB a few weeks ago and it was small and the store looked horrible.

My local stores look very organized and neat, but certainly Lack the knowledgeable employees to help out when u need them.

Wish there were more like user bigassboy.

[quote name='EvilIA']Someone who cares. You sir are a standout at BB. I was at the Janzten Beach BB a few weeks ago and it was small and the store looked horrible.[/QUOTE]

The sad part is bestbuy management typically wont appreciate them since they take care of the customer.

[quote name='eau']Didn't know there is a separate checkout for the gaming department in this store. Since you have a dedicated gaming dept, you must be diligent about pulling pennied guides off the shelf :)[/QUOTE]
Only reason i pull pennied guides is so they can go home with me. Now we have a Murchendising nazi that checks them every so often though so I have to be on the ball when they get pennied out to get them.

bigassboy, employee of the month! it's good to hear that there are still decent, caring human beings working for Best Buy. My local BB is okay, there are a lot of good hearted employees.

This reminds me...the last time I went to BB they still had a DA:O Collectors Edition strategy guide. If my memory serves me correctly, it was on the pennied out guide list?

[quote name='thebytewasbit']This reminds me...the last time I went to BB they still had a DA:O Collectors Edition strategy guide. If my memory serves me correctly, it was on the pennied out guide list?[/QUOTE]
Sadly, it is not. It is $34.99.

bread's done
Back