Best Buy February Reward Zone Gamers Club Offers

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
02110GG_11_OABrA.jpg

[quote name='token2k6']HOLY! I swear when I checked this morning it wasn't up there, but 4 times 500 GC Points entries added to my ledger..guess thats all the money I blew on games during the holidays..and to think I feared being banned for FTF and SBD![/QUOTE]

I just checked myself and saw that I'm getting 2X 500 Bonus GC points. Very nice indeed :cool:.

[quote name='Gbear09']How do you find your gamer points? i'm looking and cannot find them...[/QUOTE]

When you log in to RZ, mouse over "My Account" and click "My Points and Purchases". You bonus points will be posted there.

I have a PS3 Rock Band code from Brutal Legend that I'm not gonna use, does anyone want to try it?

code gone

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gbear09']How do you find your gamer points? i'm looking and cannot find them...[/QUOTE]

Log in and under "community and clubs" the gamer zone is there. Click it, and on the left side, it will tell you all the info you need and thats also where the links to the coupons are.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Estebon']Log in and under "community and clubs" the gamer zone is there. Click it, and on the right side, it will tell you all the info you need and thats also where the links to the coupons are.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I didn't see it in the corner of the gamers zone page til now

[quote name='voidedx']I had a choice of two Brutal Legend covers. The only difference was "limited edition including 3 free Rock Band tracks" logo. Too bad that deal expired at the end of 2009, I'm glad they mention that on the front. So I went with the regular cover that had a clean look.[/QUOTE]

As many people have already mentioned, you can still get the free tracks (for those who are interested in them), even though they said the offer expires on 12/31/09. I plugged the code in last night and got the tracks with no problem.

I just tried calling in about 20-30 minutes ago and spoke with 'Tasha' and she was not having any of the 'omg I didn't know the points expire' routine. Suffice to say I don't think I'm getting credited 500 RZ points.:cry:

Oh well. It was worth a shot.:)

I don't have a printer. I've heard in the past that you can get the coupon printed in the actual store, if you a Rewards member. Is this true?

Thanks.

[quote name='saetia']I don't have a printer. I've heard in the past that you can get the coupon printed in the actual store, if you a Rewards member. Is this true?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Just go into either the PC or games/media section and they should have a customer kiosk there. The printer is located up under the desk or to the side of the kiosk.

If it won't bring you to a print screen, just bring up the certificate on the screen and press Control+P to print it up.

[quote name='jimijumper']I have a PS3 Rock Band code from Brutal Legend that I'm not gonna use, does anyone want to try it?[/QUOTE]

I will try it if the offer is still out.

[quote name='jimijumper']I have a PS3 Rock Band code from Brutal Legend that I'm not gonna use, does anyone want to try it?[/QUOTE]

I'll take it, PM it to me. Thanks!

Bamm just got $130 gamer zone points. Need $8 more for a $10 cert. and hopefully they should credit my account another 250 rz points, so bamm another $5 cert. Yay!

Man, their systems must be more messed up than I thought. I have a bunch of gamer points now. It's clearly much more than I've spent, but I'll take it I guess.

I scooped a PS3 copy of Brutal Legend the other day. I had been really interested in this game before it released and planned to get it on release day.....until I read about the RTS aspect. I'm not a fan of RTS games, but at 20 bucks I gave it a shot and I'm glad I did. This game so far is very entertaining and the RTS aspects aren't that bad. The game certainly has a lot of unique style to it has some really great metal tracks.

I just wanted to point out that someone put the BestBuy ad up for this sunday and it looks like Dragon Age Origins is reduced to 40 so 30 if the coupon works and it should cuz i think it's an msrp drop not just a sale. Peace

If feel good, just found out that they added 30 dollars worth of points onto my account with 10 still pending. Already used 5.

[quote name='JNKryo']I just checked myself and saw that I'm getting 2X 500 Bonus GC points. Very nice indeed :cool:.[/QUOTE]

They don't count those free games into the gamer points, do they? All of the points that I got were because of customer satisfaction.

You can get up to 1100 points if you sign up for netflix.

[quote name='yruluis']They don't count those free games into the gamer points, do they? All of the points that I got were because of customer satisfaction.

You can get up to 1100 points if you sign up for netflix.[/QUOTE]

what's up with the netflix points?

also i got my lost points back today. called and complained and got them back.

also, can we use more than one certificate on one purchase?

[quote name='yruluis']They don't count those free games into the gamer points, do they? [/QUOTE]

If they counted pre-gamer's club coupon price for those, then that would explain the discrepancy in the extra points I got.

[quote name='m00p2000']what's up with the netflix points?

also i got my lost points back today. called and complained and got them back.

also, can we use more than one certificate on one purchase?[/QUOTE]

You can use more than one at a time. Consider it as cash. If they tell you otherwise, I'd get the manager.

[quote name='yruluis']They don't count those free games into the gamer points, do they? All of the points that I got were because of customer satisfaction.

You can get up to 1100 points if you sign up for netflix.[/QUOTE]

If they do count those free games into the gamer and possible RZ points totals, then I may well have a couple RZ/GC certificates coming in the coming months.:D I sincerely doubt it though.:cry:

Considering that I just jumped from $5 spent in gamers club to $124 spent, I think all those free sudoku games piled up. :)

Bring on the free games that count for gamers club!

EDIT: it was from pimping out guitar hero smash hits that I got the extra $119, not from sudoku.

EDIT2: I lost 154 point on my account that never showed up in the first place. Those were all gamer points, so it should have given me a certificate. Methinks me shall call up and complain...

[quote name='dabamus']Considering that I just jumped from $5 spent in gamers club to $124 spent, I think all those free sudoku games piled up. :)

Bring on the free games that count for gamers club!

EDIT: it was from pimping out guitar hero smash hits that I got the extra $119, not from sudoku.

EDIT2: I lost 154 point on my account that never showed up in the first place. Those were all gamer points, so it should have given me a certificate. Methinks me shall call up and complain...[/QUOTE]

I tried calling yesterday but the woman on the phone wasn't having any of the 'I didn't realize they don't carry over' thing.:cry: Good luck though...

Update: I just called and talked to a nice American(nice to speak to an American after spending 47 minutes on Zune tech support earlier today) and told him that I saw I lost points that never showed up in the first place and should have also been gamers club points. He checked into it, commented on the 0.00 transactions which I said were from using coupons, and then gave me 654 points to make up for my "total loss" of $10 in certificates and 154 points. :)

Now just waiting for that to appear on my account. :)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I tried calling yesterday but the woman on the phone wasn't having any of the 'I didn't realize they don't carry over' thing.:cry: Good luck though...[/QUOTE]

I wasn't saying that I didn't know they carried over. I was saying that they never showed up in the first place, and should have given me a $10 certificate if they had showed up properly and as gamers club points. (which they should have been)

[quote name='dabamus']I wasn't saying that I didn't know they carried over. I was saying that they never showed up in the first place, and should have given me a $10 certificate if they had showed up properly and as gamers club points. (which they should have been)[/QUOTE]

:shock: You mean you actually spend money at Best Buy outside of penny guides and free/greatly reduced games? I know I certainly don't. If not for a friend having a duplicate RZ card of mine I don't think I would've ever made it to the 180 points I just lost at the beginning of the month.

Now if they actually did clearance on the same scale as Kmart/Target/TRU and we knew what was on clearance and what kind of drop schedule it was on, I might actually buy a tv or two from them(once they dropped to 80-90% off) and some other stuff.

Otherwise, Best Buy can suck it since they did away with the Product Replacement Plans. That was the best/easiest way to get the newer models of whatever you bought 2 years prior without having to break the bank and buy it again new.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:shock: You mean you actually spend money at Best Buy outside of penny guides and free/greatly reduced games? I know I certainly don't. If not for a friend having a duplicate RZ card of mine I don't think I would've ever made it to the 180 points I just lost at the beginning of the month.

Now if they actually did clearance on the same scale as Kmart/Target/TRU and we knew what was on clearance and what kind of drop schedule it was on, I might actually buy a tv or two from them(once they dropped to 80-90% off) and some other stuff.

Otherwise, Best Buy can suck it since they did away with the Product Replacement Plans. That was the best/easiest way to get the newer models of whatever you bought 2 years prior without having to break the bank and buy it again new.[/QUOTE]

I don't know which games it was on, but the $124 worth of gamers club points I have now came from the guitar hero smash hits coupon that netted me each game for $5 after the GC coupon and a manufacturer's coupon.

It counted the price before manufacturer's coupon, though, so when I bought one game for each platform:)360::wii::ps3:) it counted as $30 instead of the actual $15 that I paid.

I have to say these are some amazing deals and I wish I was a Reward Zone Gamer Club member.......issue is I work there but that $20 discount is far more than we get in employee discount. So not fair. :p

[quote name='musicjunkie']I have to say these are some amazing deals and I wish I was a Reward Zone Gamer Club member.......issue is I work there but that $20 discount is far more than we get in employee discount. So not fair. :p[/QUOTE]

Couldn't you have friends or family sign up and come in and buy what you want?

[quote name='musicjunkie']I have to say these are some amazing deals and I wish I was a Reward Zone Gamer Club member.......issue is I work there but that $20 discount is far more than we get in employee discount. So not fair. :p[/QUOTE]

You just volunteered yourself to be a source for penny guides info by saying you work there. :p

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:shock: You mean you actually spend money at Best Buy outside of penny guides and free/greatly reduced games? I know I certainly don't. If not for a friend having a duplicate RZ card of mine I don't think I would've ever made it to the 180 points I just lost at the beginning of the month.

Otherwise, Best Buy can suck it since they did away with the Product Replacement Plans. That was the best/easiest way to get the newer models of whatever you bought 2 years prior without having to break the bank and buy it again new.[/QUOTE]

I've been getting my points from my RZ credit card. You get half of non-bb purchases as points and double for bb purchases. I also told the nice rep that I had a bunch of problems with my account and that I had signed up for a new netflix (was already a member) account but didn't get the points.
Only got 500 since I technically didn't deserve those points. (Told her that the account was for my dad, same name.)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Couldn't you have friends or family sign up and come in and buy what you want?[/QUOTE]

Not family, don't know how they could can tell. They probably look at the name and address for matches.

Get a friend who have Reward Zone to buy it for you. He get points and you get game if you do not care about the points.

If you read the Bestbuy Magazine in your hub called "The Link" in October Musicjunkie, Employees are aloud to use Rewardzone with their discount with the Reward Zone Mastercard and without their discount with the regular. You can still use your certificates with your discount though. I'm also a Bestbuy Employee

I got Brutal Legend today, but I already have 2/3 of the Rock Band DLC songs. If anyone has any other 360 codes to trade, shoot me a PM.

Also, I'm sort of new to the whole "penny guide" thing, but I saw someone mention Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, and while I was in the store today, I saw they had two guides for that game marked $9.99, but one of the UPCs on the back was covered up by a big yellow sticker (like the ones used for pricing, only with nothing on it). Is this their way of trying to keep people from getting it for a penny?

^^no they just cover one UPC up b/c if you don't scan the right one, it doesn't scan. So, if this happens fast enough, you could get it for free! j/k!! I think a warning pops up on the POS and won't let them go further until they scan the right barcode. that's the only reason for the sticker, to make sure the right UPC gets scanned..nothing to do w/ penny guides.

I hope that March has some BB loss leader deals. February sucked IMO. Luckily I'm still playing down a huge backlog of titles that I previously purchased.

Can someone help me with this thing? I joined this Rewards program online. How do you get the card to use in store? I looked on there website and just got confused.

For those who got their points back/extra points added: how long did it take for them to appear in your account? The ones that the guy last night said he was giving me still aren't there.

[quote name='dabamus']For those who got their points back/extra points added: how long did it take for them to appear in your account? The ones that the guy last night said he was giving me still aren't there.[/QUOTE]

You need to wait few days, 3 to 7 or something.

Ok, thanks. I was wondering if they were supposed to show up immediately or not. If they were then I was gonna call up again.

Thanks for the info!

bread's done
Back