Best Buy February Reward Zone Gamers Club Offers

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
02110GG_11_OABrA.jpg

So I take it if we got ME2 on release day we don't get these extra points... Also saw an extra 500 points on the website if you add your Gamertag and buy ME2. Hopefully you don't have to buy the game AFTER entering your tag online or release day people are screwed again

[quote name='token2k6']Isn't that a sign there is love for Borderlands? ;) Game is a great game at any price. Don't hold out when you could be enjoying it. Plus w/ 3 DLC episodes, there is a lot of content with this game!![/QUOTE]

Hah, touche. I figure at this point, I've waited for the price drop for long enough, I'm not going to give in now, thus precipitating a price drop next week. ;) Plus, given that they're starting to bundle the DLC on disc, I'm sure there'll be a GOTY edition with the DLC added, so I might just wait for that - I much prefer having my DLC on disc.

Besides, it's not like I don't have enough to play already. I just find it amusing that out of all the blockbuster games that were released in the same time period, it's the one that's stayed full price the longest. Dragon Age, ODST, MW2, AC2, etc, all have seen relatively regular price drops or sales.

[quote name='INCyr']Hah, touche. I figure at this point, I've waited for the price drop for long enough, I'm not going to give in now, thus precipitating a price drop next week. ;) Plus, given that they're starting to bundle the DLC on disc, I'm sure there'll be a GOTY edition with the DLC added, so I might just wait for that - I much prefer having my DLC on disc.

Besides, it's not like I don't have enough to play already. I just find it amusing that out of all the blockbuster games that were released in the same time period, it's the one that's stayed full price the longest. Dragon Age, ODST, MW2, AC2, etc, all have seen relatively regular price drops or sales.[/QUOTE]

It isnt a bundle, they are making a disc with just the DLC. I passed on the game back when Best Buy had the B2G1 Free since I thought it would get price drop first. Turns out this game has a high replay value then single player games like AC2 or Dragon Age

[quote name='INCyr']Hah, touche. I figure at this point, I've waited for the price drop for long enough, I'm not going to give in now, thus precipitating a price drop next week. ;) Plus, given that they're starting to bundle the DLC on disc, I'm sure there'll be a GOTY edition with the DLC added, so I might just wait for that - I much prefer having my DLC on disc.

Besides, it's not like I don't have enough to play already. I just find it amusing that out of all the blockbuster games that were released in the same time period, it's the one that's stayed full price the longest. Dragon Age, ODST, MW2, AC2, etc, all have seen relatively regular price drops or sales.[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna guess it's because they're a small(er?) company then those other ones. Dragon Age(EA), ODST(Bungie), MW2(Infinity Ward), AC2(Ubisoft) I had all heard of since the last generation of consoles, if not earlier. While Gearbox I don't think has had a big hit besides this, at least I'd never heard of them until this.

Suck too, because they're a cool bunch of people. I did some focus testing for Borderlands before it came out, and I've wanted it since then.

what sucks worse about that Borderlands DLC disk is its only the first 2 episodes. The General Knoxx comes out the same time the disc lands I think. So they either do a 4th DLC installment that warrants a 2nd DLC disk, or nothing for General Knoxx..very interesting, but I'm with anyone on a bundle w/ all DLC packs on them in the end..

[quote name='62t']It isnt a bundle, they are making a disc with just the DLC. I passed on the game back when Best Buy had the B2G1 Free since I thought it would get price drop first. Turns out this game has a high replay value then single player games like AC2 or Dragon Age[/QUOTE]

I know it's not a bundle currently, but there's no reason that it won't turn into a GOTY edition w/ all the content, ala Fallout 3, in a few months.

And Dragon Age has amazingly high replay value, for a single player game. With all the origins, I can't remember another game of that length, that I actively want to play through that many times, just to see what all the differences are.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']I'm gonna guess it's because they're a small(er?) company then those other ones. Dragon Age(EA), ODST(Bungie), MW2(Infinity Ward), AC2(Ubisoft) I had all heard of since the last generation of consoles, if not earlier. While Gearbox I don't think has had a big hit besides this, at least I'd never heard of them until this.

Suck too, because they're a cool bunch of people. I did some focus testing for Borderlands before it came out, and I've wanted it since then.[/QUOTE]

The game is published by 2K games so it is not like they are that small.

[quote name='INCyr']I know it's not a bundle currently, but there's no reason that it won't turn into a GOTY edition w/ all the content, ala Fallout 3, in a few months.

And Dragon Age has amazingly high replay value, for a single player game. With all the origins, I can't remember another game of that length, that I actively want to play through that many times, just to see what all the differences are.[/QUOTE]

Well it is possible but if you look at other GOTY (Fallout 3, GoW2) they came out a full after the orginal game, meaning a Borderlands GOTY won't be out until Fall 2010.

[quote name='62t']The game is published by 2K games so it is not like they are that small.[/QUOTE]

Don't know much about how this whole publisher/developer thing goes down, so is it the Publisher that decides entirely on when a games price drops, or do the developers decide?

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Don't know much about how this whole publisher/developer thing goes down, so is it the Publisher that decides entirely on when a games price drops, or do the developers decide?[/QUOTE]

It would be the publisher since they are responsible for printing and distributing the game

[quote name='hotwls13']It shows as $29.99 at bb.com so wouldn't it be $19.99 after coupon??

/QUOTE]

Oooops. You're right.

I was hoping TRU still had $30 tiv for Brutal Legend, lol. They caught on and dropped it from 30 to 9 over night. Tekken 6 is 15 tho, so maybe if a price drop hits that could be some flippin action. I'm down for Brutal Legend at $20 anyway, hit me up when we all get this for some platinum trophy boosting.

Might pick up some pc games and Brutal Legend and Tekken 6 for :ps3:. I wish Boom Blox Bash Party would drop in price.

Last edited by a moderator:
still on the edge about getting Brutal Legend for $20. I mildly enjoyed the demo, though nothing extremely amazing, just fun. Also have enough for a 5$ rewards coupon which would make the purchase even better. Now to just decide, for I don't have my eye on anything else on the list except for possibly Fossil Fighters if a price drop does indeed happen.

The demo is the best part of Brutal Legend. I did the same as a poster above me. I got it b2g1free with fallout3goty and uncharted2, didn't play it for months, beat it in a few days, traded in at tru for $30 and probly pick it up again for 20 lol. i have a 10rz certificate so i guess for 10 it is worth it, but it isnt action it is mostly simplified rts and online multiplayer and openworld searchquests. action is only a lil part of it til you get an army going. about 4 sidemissions that are repetitive(monster hunts, skirmishes, cannonballing...)

I thought Brutal Legend dropped to $29.99 already? The $10 pricepoint is my 'buy' price for BL, anything over it and it's not worth it for me, especially with the frustrating RTS portions I've heard it has.:roll:

Apologies if this has been addressed but do I need a coupon for these or will they activate automatically at the register if I'm a RZ member?

I am a member but I didn't get an email with a coupon so I'm a little confused.

[quote name='bmachine']Apologies if this has been addressed but do I need a coupon for these or will they activate automatically at the register if I'm a RZ member?

I am a member but I didn't get an email with a coupon so I'm a little confused.[/QUOTE]

Sign into RZ, click where it says 'community and clubs', click on Gamer's Club, then sign up for that.

Once you do that, click Special Offers on the Gamer's Club page, find the offer for the game you want($5, 10, 20 off) and click that, then click 'print in-store coupon' from that next page.

I always found the Tekken and Soul Calibur games rather boring and I always preferred to rip off an arm/leg/etc in MK to them.

Although I did give Soul Calibur II a good playthrough, but that's cuz I got it for $2 on clearance from Kmart thanks to CAG. Any more than that and I wouldn't have bought it.

Brutal Legend can be flipped for profit, I bet the stores are fully stocked with those too. Looking forward to two weeks from today, let the hoarding begin...in 14 days!

$2.12/copy for Brutual Legend if trading in at Amazon ($23.50, assuming you're taxed 7% on your Best Buy purchase).

Not wonderful, but given that $150 spent at Best Buy gets you $10 back... at 6 copies you get $20-25. ($13 profit, + rewards certs)

So all the decent deals are for games I already own. Booo.

Brutal Legend is a good title though if you haven't picked it up. I can see not wanting to pay full price, but $20 off is a decent deal on that.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']I got tekken 6 for the ps3 from amazon dotd a while back. This game has the most horrible load time. Not worth it imo.[/QUOTE]

Not as horrible as I've heard Bayonetta had prior to the patch.

Hey, can anyone else not log into their reward zone account at the moment?

its saying my passwords wrong, then when I request a new one it says they cant process my request.

edit: nm it worked finally.... hmm they still havent updated my gamer club points

I've got a deal setup to flip it for $7.21 profit (assuming 9% sales tax) for each copy, but I don't want to jinx myself and overload them by disclosing my vendor. I'll let you know after I get mine :D

If you are able to get 3 copies at a time that'll net you over $20 in profit.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Sign into RZ, click where it says 'community and clubs', click on Gamer's Club, then sign up for that.

Once you do that, click Special Offers on the Gamer's Club page, find the offer for the game you want($5, 10, 20 off) and click that, then click 'print in-store coupon' from that next page.[/QUOTE]

Ah, very cool. It's like a club within a club. ;)

Thanks for the tip, Cheapest.

Might bite on CoD for $40. Been looking to get it for a while, but if anything holds me back, it'll be my current backlog.

[quote name='bmachine']Ah, very cool. It's like a club within a club. ;)

Thanks for the tip, Cheapest.[/QUOTE]

No problem, Randy. You ever play GTA IV at all anymore? I'm still messing with the glitches in the original until the release of the Episodes From Liberty City in late March.

Then it's gonna be all about the base jumping.

[quote name='Az986']Hey, can anyone else not log into their reward zone account at the moment?

its saying my passwords wrong, then when I request a new one it says they cant process my request.

edit: nm it worked finally.... hmm they still havent updated my gamer club points[/QUOTE]

Anybody else have/had a problem with the gamer zone points. I haven't had any points added the the gamer zone is almost 6 months.

I still need about 70 or so(assuming 250=$5 certificate)to get to my next $5 RZ certificate. I've had 180 points sitting on my account for over a year now, since I never buy anything at BB except loss leaders, penny guides and the free after coupon shit.

Nothing worth biting on....Brutal Legend isn't even worth $20-30....best part about that game is it's soundtrack and Jack Black's comedic lines....and CoD:MW2 isn't worth a cent until Infitiny Ward actually responds and finally fixes everything online about it's multiplayer, too many cheaters/glitchers running around ruining the game for everyone.

I was hoping a deal on AvP :(

[quote name='skateraXVIII']My points are still processing from the Endwar bundle I bought last week.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they won't be available for 35 days.

[quote name='EvilIA']Anybody else have/had a problem with the gamer zone points. I haven't had any points added the the gamer zone is almost 6 months.[/QUOTE]

Yes...I have maybe $700 or $800 in game purchases since mid-December that have not earned me any Gamer Points...even though I earned the regular points....

Some people thought maybe since they were allowing returns until 1/31/10 that they might be holding off until then....I really don't know because now it's 2/1/10--so if that's the case we should see our Gamers Club points show up shortly---I want my 60 extra bucks...

Why the hell would they put the Bioshock 2 and Dante's Inferno bonus point offers a week after the games release?

Ridiculous.

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']Why the hell would they put the Bioshock 2 and Dante's Inferno bonus point offers a week after the games release?

Ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

well same thing with ME2..sucks, doesn't make any sense! Maybe they think we don't care about getting AAA titles on release day..

[quote name='token2k6']well same thing with ME2..sucks, doesn't make any sense! Maybe they think we don't care about getting AAA titles on release day..[/QUOTE]

Who here actually buys "AAA" titles on release date? That goes against the whole point of being on CAG, doesn't it?:D

[quote name='loserboy']Yes...I have maybe $700 or $800 in game purchases since mid-December that have not earned me any Gamer Points...even though I earned the regular points....

Some people thought maybe since they were allowing returns until 1/31/10 that they might be holding off until then....I really don't know because now it's 2/1/10--so if that's the case we should see our Gamers Club points show up shortly---I want my 60 extra bucks...[/QUOTE]

Mine are from the B2G1, and a few Christmas gifts I bought. I was thinking of calling, but if others are in the same boat, it makes me wonder now.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Who here actually buys "AAA" titles on release date? That goes against the whole point of being on CAG, doesn't it?:D[/QUOTE]

haha, come on, gotta show the love! I don't have a problem buying titles release day as long as I got the dough and genuinely think it'll be a great game. but yeah..its been a lot less since I came to CAG :D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Who here actually buys "AAA" titles on release date? That goes against the whole point of being on CAG, doesn't it?:D[/QUOTE]

Normally, yes, but I have a $40 gift card from the Bayo/Darksiders price match, and damnit, I want Bio 2 and Dante's on release day! =P

Maybe calling them after the offer goes live and asking them to apply the bonus points would work...

bread's done
Back