[Best Buy] Fire Emblem Fates deal; Save $5 each on Map Pack 1 or Revelation when you buy Conquest or Birthright

I still want to wait it out until the Special Edition restocks. I know it may take a while but it still has the better value :/

I don't even care about the goodies. I just want all 3 games on 1 cartridge. I recently got a New Nintendo 3DS and I don't want to have to download both Conquest and Revelations on the default 4 GB microsd card the 3DS comes with. I would like to keep all the games physical if possible and 4 GB should be enough for save files only. Conquest and Revelations would take a huge chunk of the space.

I still want to wait it out until the Special Edition restocks. I know it may take a while but it still has the better value :/

What would the odds be that the SE would be available on launch day at Best Buy stores?

That's the edition I really want, but it's not currently looking likely if pre-orders will be up again for either BB or Amazon.

Wait, so on top of buying three games to get everything, there's map packs too? Are the map packs just like free battles or do they factor in story elements or ?

The pricing model for this thing is really a deterrent for me to purchase at all.

Wait, so on top of buying three games to get everything, there's map packs too? Are the map packs just like free battles or do they factor in story elements or ?

The pricing model for this thing is really a deterrent for me to purchase at all.
Nintendo has a detailed breakdown on the maps, which are also available individually. Some are just events that could be in the story, some are prologue or It looks like some are plot-related but most of them are just so you can get a unique reward (unique classes or characters) or to grind for a specific reward (money, XP, weapons) to use in the campaign.

And then of course there's the all-important "Beach Brawl" with "Rewards: Special event illustration".

Therefore, the higher cost seems much more reasonable than something like Pokemon where you pay full price for two games (not even a discount on the second game) in order to get the last few Pokemon unique to the other title.
With Pokemon the intent is to force you to trade with your friends who buy the other versions. When the original red/blue came out, I made sure I got the opposite color than my friend so we could trade. But you can still play through the entire game with just one cartridge.

That being said, I'm not upset about what they're doing here because it's not like they're the only ones doing it. As games are getting bigger, more complex, and more expensive to produce, they're also getting more expensive to buy. The alternative is for the publishers to up the base price of new games. I don't want new games to all start being $20-$40 more than they are. I'd rather have options like this... I can buy all-in at the beginning, I can buy the base game then see if I like it before paying for more added content, or I can hold out and wait until the prices go down.

Nintendo has a detailed breakdown on the maps, which are also available individually. Some are just events that could be in the story, some are prologue or It looks like some are plot-related but most of them are just so you can get a unique reward (unique classes or characters) or to grind for a specific reward (money, XP, weapons) to use in the campaign.

And then of course there's the all-important "Beach Brawl" with "Rewards: Special event illustration".
The important ones for Conquest (and possibly Revelation) side players are the maps that let you grind out XP, Gold, and more weapons, since that's the only time you can do it as you can't just roam a map like in Awakening, which apparently is somewhat possible in the Birthright side supposedly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if I should buy right now since I won't get around to playing any of this for a while, or rather wait until maybe another better deal (which there might not be I see) or just until I actually want it, but then I don't know if this deal of sorts will be the best thing to come  for a while or ever.

I'm not sure if I should buy right now since I won't get around to playing any of this for a while, or rather wait until maybe another better deal (which there might not be I see) or just until I actually want it, but then I don't know if this deal of sorts will be the best thing to come for a while or ever.
I figure I got this close to release date without preordering, so I might as well take the risk and wait till it comes out. If it bites me, it bites me....

There won't be a better deal other than waiting a year for a physical copy of Birthright/Conquest to go $10 off. Even then, you're paying full price for the other 2 campaigns ($20 DLC's) & the map pack ($18 season pass.)

With GCU you're getting everything for $80 plus tax, with substituting the art book, pouch, & packaging of the SE for the map pack, which isn't in the SE. Even w/o GCU it's $88.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, I had hoped that map pack was in the edition with both (I preorder day 1). Meh whatever I'm in no rush for map packs since its 3 damn fire emblem games in one box (since I think Revelations is if you side with neither faction so in essence its also a whole new game too). I am way too excited especially more for Birthright since it plays more like the older FE games which I preferred over Awakening. Even though Awakening is very good too. But something about FE, and FE Sacred Stones on GBA, I just loved those.

FE on GBA did not have the ability to repeat levels to grind.  That made Arenas critical for leveling up weak characters on Hard.  FE Sacred Stones did have the ability to repeat levels to grind.

Conquest does not have the ability to grind and is more like the old Fire Emblems in that regard.  Birthright does have the ability to grind.  (Map packs give the ability to grind either way, though.)

bread's done
Back