BEST BUY Game clearance 50% off YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiser

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
UPDATE IN RESPONSE TO COMMENTS:
1) Games are YELLOW TAGGED with %OFF, ring at regular price, and have to be overridden by a manager at the register.
2) This is STORE-BY-STORE, and BIG YMMV, it is not regional as many BB have similar clearance.
3) I added gmes purchased RECENTLY at DIFFERENT BB stores to my list.
4) Calling will NOT get you anywhere. It's NOT a nationwide sale, it is indvidual store clearance of stale products.
5) ASK AN ASSOCIATE/MANAGER where the clearance games are, OR look around OR or try a different BB. It's not always obvious.
6) New titles may be added monthly to ongoing clearance bins in your store.
7) Titles/prices are representative of what others have found, NOT what you will find.
8) ANY Collector's Editions typically go 50% off in a few months, making them cheaper than the 'plain' version (so much for added value)
9) LOOK FOR BINS BY THE REGISTERS, but they could be anywhere in the store, usually separate from the regular games.
10) GOOD games typically have only 1-3 copies in the bin and likely sold out before you got there (i.e. VF5, Jean De Arc, Rock Band).
11) Typically 50 or more titles in bins, most of it crap, but very few sports games! (at least in Mission Viejo, CA)
12) YOUR STORE MAY NOT DISCOUNT AT ALL, MAY NOT DISCOUNT ANY GAMES IN THIS LIST, OR MAY ONLY DISCOUNT 10%!
13) STOP THREAD CRAPPING! STOP TRADING! If your BB sucks I am sorry for you, BB generally suck. Try to become the Media manager.
14) ADD your local store finds to this thread to keep it going.

BB clearance prices 10%-75%, but typically 50% off games for ALL current systems.
YMMV WILDLY, GOOD LUCK HUNTING!
It's worth looking if you are there anyway, but don't go out of your way to get there.
All regular edition clearance games sell between $5 and $30:

:psp:
Jean De Arc $15
PSP Pappa The Rapapper - $10
Gurumin PSP $9.99

:ps2:
Rock Band (game only) $30
Boogie w/mic (EA Karaoke) PS2 $10
Nobunaga's Ambition: Rise To Power for PS2 at $27
Hot Wheels Beat That PS2 $15
Petz: Horsez OR Catz PS2 $15
Cabela's (one with Deer on cover)

[quote name='Cuban__B']Sorry all they had that wasn't sports games was Stranglehold(360) for 20 bucks, Spiderman 3 (360) for 15 or 20 bucks, and i picked up Geometry Wars(DS) for 15 bucks. they had some ps3 titles but nothing worth buying.[/quote]

damn,oh well thanks anyway man

Have Anyone In The Dallas - Fort Worth Area Been Lucky Enough To Find A Bb With This Prices?

I Checked The Bb At Las Colinas On Beltline And 635, No Dice

[quote name='obijuan71']Have Anyone In The Dallas - Fort Worth Area Been Lucky Enough To Find A Bb With This Prices?

I Checked The Bb At Las Colinas On Beltline And 635, No Dice[/QUOTE]

Lewisville's usually a joke; Irving is hit or miss - they used to have a $10 rack, but have since taken it down; Flower Mound has a whopping 20% off rack; Frisco has nothing to note; and Denton has a few 50% off items near the registers...but mostly Xbox and PS2 junk. Maybe a couple Stranglehold PS3 and a couple of DOAX2s, but I can't remember for certain.

Well in the Phoenix, AZ area. I stopped at the Best Buy on Bell Rd. & 101, all they had were DS, PS2 and Xbox games, nothing extrodinary though. The bins were scattered around the game area.

Best Buy on Mcdowell & 99 Ave has a small bin with mainly 30% off. 360 (The Darkness, Jericho, Two Worlds, Final Fantasy XI (with ALL expansions), PS3 (Fantastic Four and I saw ONE copy of Jericho), PS2 (Bunch of Misc. games, DS (Lot of those Petz and Horsez games) and a handful of PSP games.

I haven't been to the Best Buy on Mcdowell and Litchfield in about a week, I don't remember seeing a bin, but the store is sort of cramped so their discount stuff may have been on a shelf.

[quote name='GHardin']Lewisville's usually a joke; Irving is hit or miss - they used to have a $10 rack, but have since taken it down; Flower Mound has a whopping 20% off rack; Frisco has nothing to note; and Denton has a few 50% off items near the registers...but mostly Xbox and PS2 junk. Maybe a couple Stranglehold PS3 and a couple of DOAX2s, but I can't remember for certain.[/quote]

Yeah i cleared out the $10 rack in irving, the BB by the Frys, lol. I probably got 4000 goozex points for $50. They took it down last i checked. There were some 35% off in Forth Worth, but nothing good. damn i wish they would bring back the $10 rack. I guess i have to settle with Target clearance until then.

I stand corrected for those in the D/FW area - the Lewisville store has a 50% bin near the registers. It was a mix, from Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions, to Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, to usuals like Folklore and Genji, to some other games, such as Geometry Wars: Galaxies (Wii) and NiGHTS.

I wanted to partake...but I just couldn't. Low funds = bad timing. Why?! WHY?!

[quote name='GHardin']I stand corrected for those in the D/FW area - the Lewisville store has a 50% bin near the registers. It was a mix, from Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions, to Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, to usuals like Folklore and Genji, to some other games, such as Geometry Wars: Galaxies (Wii) and NiGHTS.

I wanted to partake...but I just couldn't. Low funds = bad timing. Why?! WHY?![/quote]
How much were Folklore and NiGHTS? May try to make my way over there.

::edit::
Right, I'm an idiot. If I had actually read the post, I would know you said it was a 50% bin.

Nothing in Philadelphia, PA. The only items that end up out the door below retail are price-matched items and .01 guides. Unsurprising.

Checked out 3 stores in central NJ, and nothing. They did have some of these games, i.e. Eternal Sonata but they were their normal price.

crap last generation games at my BB. Picked up Warriors xbox for 9.99 since I coudn't find it at Sears or KMART (for 5.00)

Picked up:

Powerstone Collection PSP $10
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow GH Packaging $10
Gurumin $10
Dragon Ball Z Harukanaru Densestu DS (never even heard of this but gave it a shot) $10

Powerstone was at 1 BB that had very little else, the other 3 were at another that had a decent selection.

Citrus Heights and Arden (Sacramento, CA) have a few games marked down to 50% off but what both stores had were bins a quarter full with a variety of crapola titles. Nothing to look even twice at.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']My Best Buy doesn't even have a clearance section for games (I asked). Sucks.[/quote]

Mine didn't either...

Nothing at BB in Torrance, Hawthorne or El Segundo, CA. As usual, when I see YMMV it means nothing good for the South Bay.

No go at my BestBuy. No clearance section for games, but they had clearance in nearly every other department.

Scanning through the titles on the shelf, they had about 15 copies of some Poker game for $4.99.

If anyone finds a extra copy of Tom Clancy Splinter Cell Double Agent for ps3 pick me up a copy and i'll send you 20 bucks for shipping. Pm me if you have an extra one

wow... I FINALLY found a BB with one of these sales today (Slidell LA location)... almost walked right past the display

Picked up
DMC4 360 CE $40
Geometry Wars Wii $20 (been wanting this for a long time and almost bought it for $35)
Simpsons Game 360 $20 (will return if my target lowers the clearance copies to 12:50 this week

saw alot of othere games although the only one that stood out for me was Nights... but was stickered at $50 making it only 25...

[quote name='Scorch']Nothing at the local one like usual.

Do want[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately there was only one copy of that gem left... my friend was pretty disappointed when I told him too as he wants the game as well... I was already happy to score Geometry Wars for 20... I saw that, and snatched it up without thinking... I was more suprised to actually stumble upon one of these YMMV Best Buy markdown sales

went to my BB on Sunday and asked where the clearance table was. They said it was only a special from Friday till Saturday. Is that true?

[quote name='Dante Devil']went to my BB on Sunday and asked where the clearance table was. They said it was only a special from Friday till Saturday. Is that true?[/quote]

No, it's most likely just that store.

[quote name='zman73']wow... I FINALLY found a BB with one of these sales today (Slidell LA location)... almost walked right past the display

Picked up
DMC4 360 CE $40
Geometry Wars Wii $20 (been wanting this for a long time and almost bought it for $35)
Simpsons Game 360 $20 (will return if my target lowers the clearance copies to 12:50 this week

saw alot of othere games although the only one that stood out for me was Nights... but was stickered at $50 making it only 25...[/quote]

if you could please scan your receipt & post it so we could PM,would love to get DMC 4 CE for $40

i was in Pawtucket RI and was able to snaged culdcept for 19.99. checked Portsmouth nh also, nothing there.

Got me God of War 2 for $10 at the Hartsdale NY BB. They also had an assload of PotC for the PS2 and a bunch of mediocre 360 games for 50% off.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I wish they would go back to national clearances like CC does. If you have a store with a manager that doesn't want to reduce stuff, you never get any deals[/quote]

Not all CC does clearance. Mine never does.

[quote name='Mahoney07']Not all CC does clearance. Mine never does.[/QUOTE]

Are you positive of this by scanning the actual games in question , or because they still are stickered at the original prices... Ive never came across a CC that didnt clearance game, although MANY never marked down the prices on the games... making these the BEST CC's to hit during clearance sales. Memories of a stop by a CC in Hattiesburg where I netted about 40 games paying under $100 for all... good times... obviously didnt play all of them or even open them, but sold off enough from what I didnt open to make a tidy profit and make the games I kept essentially free

Anyone able to find any of these listed below? None of the Best Buy's in my whole district EVER clearance ANYTHING, it's always just sent back after a long time. Thanks.

All-Pro Football 2K8 $5
Conan - 9.99
Pirates of Caribbean - 4.99
Fatal Inertia - 9.99
Naruto - 9.99
History Channel: Battle for the Pacific - 9.99
Beowulf for 360 for $10
Battlestations Midway $7.50
Def Jam Icon

[quote name='slowdive21']I had them scan time crisis today 79.99. doh[/QUOTE]

Most of the games scan at normal price and have to be adjusted a the register, but they will only be dropped if there is a sticker on the front with the % off.

I bought at the Brighton, MI store:

Go Diego Go Rescue Safari (Wii) for $19.99, 50% off.

I found Aedis Eclipse (PSP) for $14.99 and Orcs & elves (DS) for $9.99 at my best buy that i goto in S.Attleboro, MA. They were marked down but rang at regular price, had a manager override since they had the stickers on it saying "Now $14.99" so the kid probably screwed up, as they were the only copies of them in a bin they had next to one of their computers in the store. So maybe i lucked out. Granted aedis eclipse is confusing as hell but hey for $14.99 for an NIS game is a good deal to me. Just thought i'd throw this in in case someone else didnt, if someone did I apologize, i didnt read all posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back