BEST BUY Game clearance 50% off YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiser

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
UPDATE IN RESPONSE TO COMMENTS:
1) Games are YELLOW TAGGED with %OFF, ring at regular price, and have to be overridden by a manager at the register.
2) This is STORE-BY-STORE, and BIG YMMV, it is not regional as many BB have similar clearance.
3) I added gmes purchased RECENTLY at DIFFERENT BB stores to my list.
4) Calling will NOT get you anywhere. It's NOT a nationwide sale, it is indvidual store clearance of stale products.
5) ASK AN ASSOCIATE/MANAGER where the clearance games are, OR look around OR or try a different BB. It's not always obvious.
6) New titles may be added monthly to ongoing clearance bins in your store.
7) Titles/prices are representative of what others have found, NOT what you will find.
8) ANY Collector's Editions typically go 50% off in a few months, making them cheaper than the 'plain' version (so much for added value)
9) LOOK FOR BINS BY THE REGISTERS, but they could be anywhere in the store, usually separate from the regular games.
10) GOOD games typically have only 1-3 copies in the bin and likely sold out before you got there (i.e. VF5, Jean De Arc, Rock Band).
11) Typically 50 or more titles in bins, most of it crap, but very few sports games! (at least in Mission Viejo, CA)
12) YOUR STORE MAY NOT DISCOUNT AT ALL, MAY NOT DISCOUNT ANY GAMES IN THIS LIST, OR MAY ONLY DISCOUNT 10%!
13) STOP THREAD CRAPPING! STOP TRADING! If your BB sucks I am sorry for you, BB generally suck. Try to become the Media manager.
14) ADD your local store finds to this thread to keep it going.

BB clearance prices 10%-75%, but typically 50% off games for ALL current systems.
YMMV WILDLY, GOOD LUCK HUNTING!
It's worth looking if you are there anyway, but don't go out of your way to get there.
All regular edition clearance games sell between $5 and $30:

:psp:
Jean De Arc $15
PSP Pappa The Rapapper - $10
Gurumin PSP $9.99

:ps2:
Rock Band (game only) $30
Boogie w/mic (EA Karaoke) PS2 $10
Nobunaga's Ambition: Rise To Power for PS2 at $27
Hot Wheels Beat That PS2 $15
Petz: Horsez OR Catz PS2 $15
Cabela's (one with Deer on cover)

My dad stopped at a Best Buy in Idaho Falls, ID and found a 50% off bin. He knew I was looking for Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow and he had some free time, so he took a cart over and went through the entire bin.

Yeah, they had one copy on the bottom. $10. :D

[quote name='dcswirl']Love to find Battalion Wars 2-have to check tomorrow.[/quote]

Tehy arez plenty of this one at teh Best Buyz next to my house.

[quote name='thelonepig']My dad stopped at a Best Buy in Idaho Falls, ID and found a 50% off bin. He knew I was looking for Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow and he had some free time, so he took a cart over and went through the entire bin.

Yeah, they had one copy on the bottom. $10. :D[/quote]
Your dad is awesome. Wish i could find that, but my BB is too new

[quote name='falcinator']Picked up Devil may Cry Special Edition for the 360 for $29.99 at the BB in the South Hills of Pittsburgh.....[/QUOTE]

Saw one in the Milpitas, CA store yesterday when I picked up Warhawk and Blast Works. I don't know the exact price but noted it was in the clearance rack with a red dot on it.

I have finally seen a best buy 50% off sale, was in Tampa Florida this weekend and the Best Buy on I think it was "Dalby" drive had Strangleholds, Sega Rally Revo and Tennis Stars for Xbox360 at 20$ or less and some assorted PS3, Wii, DS as well. Never have seen a 50% here in Columbia area.

My store (Altamonte Springs, FL) didn't have most of these games but seems to have its own store clearance that has pretty much had the same games for quite a while, but i grabbed:

Two Worlds Collectors Edition for $17.99
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2007: $7.99

Sorry, I posted this in the BlastWorks thread, but is worth mentioning here.

the Watertown, MA store has:

Wii:
Boogie (w/ Mic) for $20
Mercury Revolution for $10
Battalion Wars 2 $25
Nitrobike $10

360:
Cars/Open Season/Fusion Frenzy 3-pack for $15

My BB had:

Super Smash Brothers Melee - $15
DOA: Xtreme 2 - $10 (universal now)
oodles and oodles of 2007 X360 games for $10/$15

[quote name='Caliburn']DOA: Xtreme 2 - $10 (universal now)[/quote]
Do you mean it's $10 at BB nationwide, or $10 everywhere?

I stopped by local Independence, MO BB yesterday. Only shitty titles on clearanced for high price (Golden Compass $15, Spiderman 3 $15 and 2 sports games & couples DS games).

Got Virtua Fighter 5 Online for $19.99 and Sly 2 & 3 for $4.99 each at my Best Buy. Saw Battalion Wars 2 one day but now it's gone. :(

My BB had a whole rack full of games that were marked down to $4.99 including

The World Ends With You $4.99
Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise $9.99

only saw Smack down vs raw 2009 collector's edition for $49.99. I heard people have seen RE5 CE for ~$50 . I would kill to find one at that price!

[quote name='Fayt13']My BB had a whole rack full of games that were marked down to $4.99 including

The World Ends With You $4.99
Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise $9.99[/quote]

Which BBY was that at? The World Ends With You is just right at that price.

Yet is and will always be relevant because a BB somewhere seems to have a clearance up to 50%. We have a recent thread with basically the same title

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back