Best Buy Game of Thrones S4 BD sets up for pre-order - $39.99.

shrike4242

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1043 (100%)
Looks like the Game of Thrones S4 BD sets are up for pre-order on BestBuy.com, though at $44.99 $39.99 for the moment:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=game+of+thrones+fourth+only&_dyncharset=UTF-8&_dynSessConf=ATG1667464046&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

Individual links:

House Martell

House Targaryen

House Stark

House Lannister

House Tyrell

These sets are BD / Digital Copy (UV + iTunes, if like previous seasons), so no DVDs this time around.  Price is also likely to drop closer to release to $29.99 - $34.99 if also like past seasons.

Martell and Tyrell are new ones this time around, with Stark, Lannister and Targaeryn coming back for repeat performances.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoops, I go and make the thread then forget to pre-order them myself.

Just pre-ordered Martell, since it's now showing the 3x points promotion for the pre-order, so that'll be a nice bonus.

Just pre-ordered Martell, since it's now showing the 3x points promotion for the pre-order, so that'll be a nice bonus.
What! I ordered it too early. Either way I don't think I'll get the triple points even if I had ordered it today because I would have pay with a gift card.

So if you pre-ordered earlier you wouldn't get 3x points? Am I going to have to shake a fist at BB?

My Martell set arrived today, I did the standard free shipping offered for orders over I think 30$ it's a pretty sweet cover but I gotta work so no got until tonight

My Tyrell Blu Ray set showed up yesterday which I wasn't expecting.  Looks really good sitting on my shelf next to the Stark, Greyjoy, and Lannister sets from past seasons.  Glad I was able to get it early so now I can enjoy it this weekend.

Just a quick question

I just placed an order for one of these and my bank is showing two pending charges for $37.xx even though I only ordered one. Has this happened with anyone else or would this be a matter I should take up with them?

I'm going to preorder this later, I don't care about the exclusive slipcovers. Which one should is everyone getting? I only ask so I can get the opposite one since it will be more sought after.

I'm going to preorder this later, I don't care about the exclusive slipcovers. Which one should is everyone getting? I only ask so I can get the opposite one since it will be more sought after.
None for me. I thought the Targ slip was nice to have with the launch of Season 1, but...ever since I went through Amazon to get these seasons, I saw little need to have the slipcovers (Season 3 is an exception; their slipcover design for the vanilla copies is terrible and transparent).

Wait until/if it clears most likely won't but your bank will tell you the same thing

Everyone's getting Martell and Tyrell, because they're both new and not going to be available in stores.

Everyone's getting Martell and Tyrell, because they're both new and not going to be available in stores.
I understand that, I was just wondering if people had to choose one, which one they were leaning more towards. I think most are going towards Martell, I think I'll get the opposite.

I understand that, I was just wondering if people had to choose one, which one they were leaning more towards. I think most are going towards Martell, I think I'll get the opposite.
Well, Tyrell will probably be rarer, especially since Martell is more likely to be an option for S5.

I just remembered something. People are complaining about not including the DVDs, but do people not remember the original season 1 releases? I seem to recall the first run didn't have DVDs.

I just remembered something. People are complaining about not including the DVDs, but do people not remember the original season 1 releases? I seem to recall the first run didn't have DVDs.
The first season release was just Blu's only, yes. But they did a re-release of Season 1 months later that did have DVD's and Digital Copies (and of course had to edit a scene out where George Bush Sr's 'head' was on a spike). Around holiday 2012, HBO was doing what was called HBO Select, which was an attempt to promote some of their big shows with a multi-format bundle for a great price. I took my Season 1 Targaryen Sigil Edition, sold it to make back what I paid for it and then some, and I bought the Season 1 LE from Amazon during a Deal of the Day thing (which was the fancy box with the Blu/DVD/UV combo, the Season 2, Episode 1 Blu, and a dragon egg collectible). Two seasons later, they did the Blu/DVD/UV combo again, but as of holiday 2014, they seemed to show a trend in nixing the DVD pack-ins for their newer releases.

A lot of people speculated how Boardwalk Empire Season 4 and Game of Thrones Season 4 would fare in trying to keep their HBO Select packages going. But when official artwork came out, it indicated that the DVD add-ins were indeed nixed to favor Blu and UV only.

What is annoying this time around is that people paid as little as $30 for a new copy of Season 1, 2, and 3 on Game of Thrones launch week for Blu/DVD/DC combo's. And with Season 4, not only are the DVDs not there any more, but they are paying more for a season than they had before.

This, in a nutshell, is what people are grieving about (including me). So what I plan to do is rip my digital copies, convert them to DVD format, burn them to DVD format, and use them for my private use. May not be much prettier than the official DVDs, but I'll be set on all fronts.

Yeah, it is pretty shitty that the price is more and includes less.  I paid $24.99 for my S2 Lannister and then $29.99 for S3 Stark, so $34.98 for S4 Tyrell this go around is a little disappointing.

Yeah, it is pretty shitty that the price is more and includes less. I paid $24.99 for my S2 Lannister and then $29.99 for S3 Stark, so $34.98 for S4 Tyrell this go around is a little disappointing.
They know how you guys are with these exclusive slips, maybe HBO wants to capitalize s little more since they renewed, what? Two, three more seasons, I'm glad they are doing it and not cancel the series.

They know how you guys are with these exclusive slips, maybe HBO wants to capitalize s little more since they renewed, what? Two, three more seasons, I'm glad they are doing it and not cancel the series.
I won't speak for others but the slips only appeal to me cause it's the same price as the standard set. Don't think I'd pay much extra for them

Damn son, my copy has been stuck in limbo, it's still in Louisville, KY and has been since 2/12. SMH. This is BS.

Damn son, my copy has been stuck in limbo, it's still in Louisville, KY and has been since 2/12. SMH. This is BS.
I've got the dreaded "We've incorrectly sorted the package at our facility. This may cause at least one business day delay." so god knows when my 2 copies are going to show up.

Apparently Best Buy has a lot of the SKU numbers messed up on these packages.

Anticipate some of you may be getting the regular copy that I did.

They're a bit perplexed at how this happened, but will be willing to do in-store exchanges.

A little peeved that I have to drive out int he snow, hoping I get a free gift card out of this.

http://www.walmart.com/msharbor/ip/42376849?&veh=mweb

Includes exclusive Joff mystery figure and a making of disc of the Purple Wedding.
It is a mini Pop figure. WM did the same thing with Peter Pan when it came out on blu ray.

The bonus picture book with the target edition is actually kind of neat. Don't give a fuck about the bonus disc though.
I'm willing to buy the Target and Walmart Bonus disc for $10 each if someone doesn't want theirs.

I kind of really want that Target exclusive artbook now.  Would be one heck of an expensive double dip though, sigh.

Mine Martell came on Thursday, I loved it. The new package is perfect size. Stop by local BB and they still have like 6 Lannister, 3 Stark, and 3 Targaryen sets available.

Damn, as if the 5 different slipcovers wasn't enough, that GD Walmart set is mildly tempting.  Meh, I'll stick with what I got.  First two (Targaryen and Tyrell) arrived in boxes about 6" cubed, filled with the plastic air filled bags.  Next two (Lannister and Martell) arrived in the cheapest packaging I've seen, just a layer of flimsy carboard type corrugated paper sealed at each end.  Stark has yet to arrive - been sitting at a post office since February 18th.  

Finally got all Season 4's in after the weather delay.

100_8586_zpskrx5kt9p.jpg

Finally got all Season 4's in after the weather delay.

100_8586_zpskrx5kt9p.jpg
I'm really starting to think I have a legitimate problem.

USCMKfL.jpg
I would be happy just having one slipcover for each season =/. But as I turned to Amazon for better service in the years, I feel like maybe I made a mistake. If I had a choice on slips, I'd do Stark Season 1, then Lannister Season 2, then Targaryen Season 3 (all 3 for Blu/DVD/UV), then Tyrell Season 4 (for Blu/UV)...damn it, why is nobody reselling these???

bread's done
Back