Best Buy @Gamer coupons (Jan/Feb 12 issue) - WWE 12, Medal of Honor, Assassin's Creed

Foladar

CAGiversary!
Found it on their Facebook:

@Gamer Magazine Issue 16 - Jan/Feb 2012

Coupons ($120 worth) in this issue are:
• $10 off WWE '12 (PS3, X360, Wii)
• $15 off Medal of Honor (PS3, X360)
• $10 off Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PS3, X360)
• $15 off Pre-Owned Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3, X360)
• $20 off Pre-Owned Gears of War 3 (X360)
• $20 off Pre-Owned Crysis 2 (X360, PS3)
• $20 off Rocketfish Wired or Wireless Gaming Headset
• $10 off Any pre-owned game $29.99 or above

[quote name='invizibleskratchpikl']Just a heads up - the Cerberus Network code in brand new copies of Mass Effect 2 (PS3) expired earlier this year, 1/1/12.[/QUOTE]

Should the Xbox code still work?

Even if the code says it expired, most of the time it is still valid if you enter it anyway. I don't think they have a real way to restrict their exp. dates on DLC codes or they just don't care, as I've entered a ton of expired codes from used games I've purchased.

Anyone need/want my remaining Jan/Feb coupons? Have multiples. All expire 3/3/12. PM me.

$10 off WWE 12
$15 off Medal of Honor
$10 off Assassin's Creed: Revelations
$15 off Pre-owned Call of Duty: Black Ops
$20 off Rocketfish Wired/Wireless Gaming Headset

[quote name='invizibleskratchpikl']Just a heads up - the Cerberus Network code in brand new copies of Mass Effect 2 (PS3) expired earlier this year, 1/1/12.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Teriana']Even if the code says it expired, most of the time it is still valid if you enter it anyway. I don't think they have a real way to restrict their exp. dates on DLC codes or they just don't care, as I've entered a ton of expired codes from used games I've purchased.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you guys check

"The Official PS3 DLC Description and Expiration Date Thread."

There's currently two headsets from Rocketfish that may qualify for the coupon in this month's magazine. One is a wired headset that works for PS3/PC and would be $4.99 after coupon and the other is a Bluetooth headset that you could use on PS3 for $9.99 after coupon.

This one(wired): http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketf...623923&skuId=3088605&st=rocketfish&cp=1&lp=25

And this one: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketf...788228&skuId=3021068&st=rocketfish&cp=1&lp=30

This one would be $12.99 after coupon: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketf...018434&skuId=9735116&st=rocketfish&cp=1&lp=32

Just got home from Best Buy in Beaverton OR. Picked up Medal of Honor Limited Edition on 360 for $5 with coupon. I already have this on PS3, but would be fun to run through it again on my 360. They had about 15 copies on the rack.

Damn... been waiting for the last week to use my Crysis 2 coupon, but decided to run some errands Saturday and pick it up. Of course, it drops in price this week.

Crysis 2 (USED) = $24.99 (Should be $2.50 after coupon & unlocked discount).

Not at all happy with how they do thier used games. For instance, GOW3 is not anywhere near me used, so I cant order it online and use the coupon. Went into the store to order it and use the coupon and they wouldnt let me since the coupon says
"no online orders" I told them that it was a bullshitass thing to do. Have a Fn coupon but not be allowed to use it? Makes me feel that much better when I flip 3x games for an amount that they wont be able to get rid of.

I think I'll attempt to get $5 back. I bought a used Crysis 2 a couple weeks ago for $8 or so. If I can get $5 back, works for me. I haven't even cracked open the used game seal yet.

Just got back from buying a used Crysis 2 with the coupon. Game was marked $29.99 but rang up $24.99. After coupon and unlocked the total actually only came out to $2.18 so it might still be taking the extra 10% off the $29.99 price.

I had already bought it new from BB back in December when it was $10 and didn't get very far into it before I flipped it (wasn't really that impressed with the gameplay honestly). For $2 though, it's well worth picking back up to give another shot before I trade it in again.

Video Game CS rep first quoted me the total $27.xx before entering in my Unlocked info and coupon. When the $2 total rang up, he was like "so bascially you're getting this game for free. That's less than the tax would be normally. Awesome."

Good stuff...

I picked up :ps3:Crysis 2 and :360:Gears Of War 3 pre-owned today and attempted to get the $24.99 sale priced Rocketfish headset with the $20 off coupon. The headset coupon didn't work on the headset, even though it was a wired Rocketfish brand, so I had to wait for the one manager to come over and override it for me.

I also tried bringing up a :360: version of Crysis 2 with the PS3 version n GeOW3 to see if the PS3 AND 360 clause on the coupon would allow two copies of it on one coupon. It did NOT. Hell. It didn't even ring up my Gamer's Club Unlocked discount on Crysis 2 for PS3 correctly, so they had to manually return it to me as a "price match" and they shorted me $.50 outta that too.:roll:

I guess it's time for a lil thread to pop up on the BB forums about the confusing exclusions and wording on the coupons again.;)

tl;dr version: Don't try using 3-4 BB @Gamer coupons on the same transaction or it'll fuck the system up and not apply discounts/coupons correctly.:cry:

I was going to buy Medal of Honor and Crysis 2 yesterday with the coupons (and with my emailed double RWZ points coupon).
If the $24.99 used Crysis 2 price just became effective today, I'm glad I waited. I'll pick the games up sometime later this week.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I picked up :ps3:Crysis 2 and :360:Gears Of War 3 pre-owned today and attempted to get the $24.99 sale priced Rocketfish headset with the $20 off coupon. The headset coupon didn't work on the headset, even though it was a wired Rocketfish brand, so I had to wait for the one manager to come over and override it for me.

I also tried bringing up a :360: version of Crysis 2 with the PS3 version n GeOW3 to see if the PS3 AND 360 clause on the coupon would allow two copies of it on one coupon. It did NOT. Hell. It didn't even ring up my Gamer's Club Unlocked discount on Crysis 2 for PS3 correctly, so they had to manually return it to me as a "price match" and they shorted me $.50 outta that too.:roll:

I guess it's time for a lil thread to pop up on the BB forums about the confusing exclusions and wording on the coupons again.;)

tl;dr version: Don't try using 3-4 BB @Gamer coupons on the same transaction or it'll fuck the system up and not apply discounts/coupons correctly.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I never even try to do multiple coupons in a single transaction because of all the problems/complications that peeps around here have reported.

Didn't even think about that headset. Might have to stop by before the end of the week to pick one of those up. Don't really need another one but for $5 in credit, having a back-up/give-away can't hurt. And it'll help me use that coupon too.

Wish it didn't need an override though. I try to avoid those kinda hassles (even if they're minor) whenever possible...

Welcome to Best Buy, home of the $5 (or less) games.
Picked up Medal of Honor for PS3 during lunch, $5.
Then made another trip on the way home from work to pick up Crysis 2 (used), $2.50.
And I'll be back next week for my $5 ME2.
They're like my father, showering me with gifts to make up for years of horrible abuse.

Yeah. The funny thing is I just traded in Medal Of Honor, Crysis 2 AND Mass Effect 2 about 2-3 weeks ago when I eliminated my 50+ game backlog. I got more in credit(about $10 each) than I'm paying to re-buy them within the next 1-2 weeks.

So yeah, the GCU program is absolutely fantastic and these coupons are insane. Not as good as the free Gamer's Club coupons that used to make some games free on occasion, but they come pretty close sometimes.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. The funny thing is I just traded in Medal Of Honor, Crysis 2 AND Mass Effect 2 about 2-3 weeks ago when I eliminated my 50+ game backlog. I got more in credit(about $10 each) than I'm paying to re-buy them within the next 1-2 weeks.

So yeah, the GCU program is absolutely fantastic and these coupons are insane. Not as good as the free Gamer's Club coupons that used to make some games free on occasion, but they come pretty close sometimes.;)[/QUOTE]

Bought Crysis 2 twice myself. I might go back for 1 more Tuesday.;)

Dang it, I forgot to check for Crysis 2 while there today. lol

I did find out they will not have the new magazine out until Sunday because he said he was specifically told not to put it out until Sunday. He also said he's not sure when the ME3 copies are arriving. I just wanted to know so I could make sure if I was getting mine or not.

If someone who doesn't want Crysis 2 and has a spare coupon for it would be kind enough to pick it up and ship it to me, that'd be just dandy. I'll be more than happy to compensate for your time and such.

The closest BB to me is over an hour away.

picked up another crysis 2 360, moh 360, and mass effect 2 ps3 for a return/rebuy on sunday. sunday should be fun...and here we thought best buy $5 games was over.

[quote name='technicalstylez']picked up another crysis 2 360, moh 360, and mass effect 2 ps3 for a return/rebuy on sunday. sunday should be fun...and here we thought best buy $5 games was over.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. But mind ya, I still like when the Gamer's Club was free and ya got free games after coupons. Those were the days....;)

Picked up Crysis 2 today for $2.10 out the door AC. This is at least the third time I've bought this game and hopefully it will be the charm in me making more progress in it.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Picked up Crysis 2 today for $2.10 out the door AC. This is at least the third time I've bought this game and hopefully it will be the charm in me making more progress in it.[/QUOTE]

I feel ripped off. I paid $2.16.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Exactly. But mind ya, I still like when the Gamer's Club was free and ya got free games after coupons. Those were the days....;)[/QUOTE]

Which days are you talking about? Lol, I don't remember those.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Which days are you talking about? Lol, I don't remember those.[/QUOTE]they just recently gave free unlocked status with purchase of any used game $30 or more & the Gears of War triple pack was free after coupon(req. an override since the coupon marked the game up to $15)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Enuf']they just recently gave free unlocked status with purchase of any used game $30 or more & the Gears of War triple pack was free after coupon(req. an override since the coupon marked the game up to $15)[/QUOTE]
Actually I was talking about 2-3 years ago when you signed up for the regular old no magazine with coupons Gamer's Club(for FREE) and they had coupons you could print(and use multiple times) on the Reward Zone site.

With those coupons, we had the following deals(and didn't have to pay the $5 per issue of @Gamer or $15 for a subscription/Unlocked status):

$5 copies of Saint's Row 2
FREE copies of Fairytale Fights
FREE copies of some Nerf N-Strike 2 bundle
FREE copies of some online MMO-ish crime game for PC
FREE copies of some DS game(of which I forget the name)

So while these coupons that make games and accessories cheap/nearly free from the @Gamer magazine are good, getting them absolutely free without having to pay the $5/$15 was even more phenomenal.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually I was talking about 2-3 years ago when you signed up for the regular old no magazine with coupons Gamer's Club(for FREE) and they had coupons you could print(and use multiple times) on the Reward Zone site.

With those coupons, we had the following deals(and didn't have to pay the $5 per issue of @Gamer or $15 for a subscription/Unlocked status):

So while these coupons that make games and accessories cheap/nearly free from the @Gamer magazine are good, getting them absolutely free without having to pay the $5/$15 was even more phenomenal.;)[/QUOTE]

You're at the movies with camera
Xblades

are a couple of others. I must have missed the DS game.

[quote name='slowdive21']You're at the movies with camera
Xblades

are a couple of others. I must have missed the DS game.[/QUOTE]
I missed out on X-Blades(but bought it later on from Kmart for $5:puke:) and that 360 game/camera bundle then.

I can't for the life of me remember the name of the DS game, but it was some $20 game with the $20 off coupon like most of the rest of them pretty much. It was the game that ended up free after Fairytale Fights if I remember correctly.

Sudoko Ball Detective, if I remember correctly. The local Hasting's in my town still has a few copies of that I traded in from BB, I believe...:)

Yeah. That was it. Thank you sgaldis. I knew it had some weird title to it but I couldn't quite remember it.

The copies of FTF that I got from BB went to either BB or GS but I think a few went to HWV too and those were there almost until their closing sales.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually I was talking about 2-3 years ago when you signed up for the regular old no magazine with coupons Gamer's Club(for FREE) and they had coupons you could print(and use multiple times) on the Reward Zone site.

So while these coupons that make games and accessories cheap/nearly free from the @Gamer magazine are good, getting them absolutely free without having to pay the $5/$15 was even more phenomenal.;)[/QUOTE]

You missed Warhammer Online, I missed You're at the movies with camera and Xblades myself. Man those were the days. FTF, Nerf, and detective Sodoku were the best.

Wait...Warhammer Online was also FAC? Where was I when this happened? I know I went in starting with the FTF one, so if it was before then I probably missed it completely.

[quote name='Namerson']How much does the used Gears of War 3 ring up as? Same as online? When I was last there I saw it with a sticker of 44.99.[/QUOTE]

I bought it yesterday, and it was $34.99 before discounts. If you are Unlocked, the system still takes the 10% off of the $39.99 price. My total was $11.00+tax.

The Rocketfish headset coupon still does not automatically work. I got Gears of War 3, Crysis 2, and the wired Rocketfish headset, and I decided ahead of time to do 2 separate transactions due to the Unlocked discount issues people have mentioned in this thread. When the headset coupon didn't ring up properly, we tried a third to see if the Rocketfish coupon would work alone. It didn't, and I still needed a manager override.

[quote name='sgaldis']Sudoko Ball Detective, if I remember correctly. The local Hasting's in my town still has a few copies of that I traded in from BB, I believe...:)[/QUOTE]

Oh wait, I did get a couple of those. I forgot sold them on ebay. :lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Wait...Warhammer Online was also FAC? Where was I when this happened? I know I went in starting with the FTF one, so if it was before then I probably missed it completely.[/QUOTE]

Yup Warhammer and Neverwinter nights 2 expansion were both free after coupon (actually they were on the same coupon). Crime craft is the other PC title that was free.

So while these coupons that make games and accessories cheap/nearly free from the @Gamer magazine are good, getting them absolutely free without having to pay the $5/$15 was even more phenomenal.;)[/QUOTE]I'm cool wit paying $15 for 2 yrs if they're goin to offer Batman AC for $10...free is free but top notch quality titles for cheap is better to me.

[quote name='slowdive21']Yup Warhammer and Neverwinter nights 2 expansion were both free after coupon (actually they were on the same coupon). Crime craft is the other PC title that was free.[/QUOTE]
I think I gave away my copies of CrimeCraft that I picked up with the coupon(s) to my buddies' bro-in-law as a violent alternative to WOW.

[quote name='SHOaks']Could I still go to the store, buy the Gamer Magazine and use the $20 off coupon for Crysis 2?[/QUOTE]

Assuming they have the pre-owned copy in stock, I don't see why not. Only tomorrow though, then it expires. My two closest stores do not.

bread's done
Back