Best Buy @Gamer Deals Week of June 19th-25th

LilGerman

CAG Veteran
With purchase of the @Gamer magazine, you can get the following games for a steal:

Dragon Age 2 (All Systems)
$14.99
Regular $59.99, on sale this week for $34.99, plus $20 off coupon

Shift 2 Unleashed (360,PS3)
Regular $59.99, on sale this week for $34.99, plus $20 off coupon

When reading the coupons, you will see that it states the coupons can't be used with other offers. They recently changed this about 2-3 weeks ago, and you can now use them with other sales offers.

[quote name='Isurus']No, the coupons do not stack. Ive tried.[/QUOTE]

Then your BB sucks. Try another one. MANY of us have used these coupons for the last few weeks and had no issues at all. No override required.

I don't have this magazine, but I think I am interested in getting it. Can I just purchase a subscription at the bestbuy store and get the magazine with the subscription? Just looking at easiest way to start my subscription while getting this magazine that has the coupons.

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']I don't have this magazine, but I think I am interested in getting it. Can I just purchase a subscription at the bestbuy store and get the magazine with the subscription? Just looking at easiest way to start my subscription while getting this magazine that has the coupons.[/QUOTE]
If you buy the subscription in store you can get the issue in store as well. If the cashier says no just have them scan the receipt you get from the kiosk and the magazine. The magazine will scan $0.00.

Eh? what the fuck is wrong with my three local BB's then I live in the Southern Maryland area and have personally tried two BB's and called a third one to see if I could stack the $15 SOCOM coupon with the Infamous 2 B1G1 50% off sale. Am I missing something here?:cry: So is it that the coupons stack with weekly sale prices or they only stack with the other @gamer coupons?

[quote name='Lupinlll']Eh? what the fuck is wrong with my three local BB's then I live in the Southern Maryland area and have personally tried two BB's and called a third one to see if I could stack the $15 SOCOM coupon with the Infamous 2 B1G1 50% off sale. Am I missing something here?:cry: So is it that the coupons stack with weekly sale prices or they only stack with the other @gamer coupons?[/QUOTE]

They stack with regular sale prices, not package deals like the Infamous one.

[quote name='Lupinlll']Eh? what the fuck is wrong with my three local BB's then I live in the Southern Maryland area and have personally tried two BB's and called a third one to see if I could stack the $15 SOCOM coupon with the Infamous 2 B1G1 50% off sale. Am I missing something here?:cry: So is it that the coupons stack with weekly sale prices or they only stack with the other @gamer coupons?[/QUOTE]

What MD stores? They u try to walk to the register and let them scan the coupon? Its YMMV, but someone here said that it may work with sale price

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']How many times can you use the coupon? I may want to buy a couple of copies of DA2[/QUOTE]

I want one, but probably do it Wed.

Can anyone confirm that it will work on DA2 for $14.99?

Each individual magazine is $5.99 in store.

So, for the cost of the magazine, you'll be getting DA2 for 14.99 + 5.99 = 20.98 (+tax).

Eh I'll pass on it, even though it is a really good deal if you want this game, but I still have the first one in my backlog and I'm in no rush to add more DA to it.

[quote name='joeshmoe']Each individual magazine is $5.99 in store.

So, for the cost of the magazine, you'll be getting DA2 for 14.99 + 5.99 = 20.98 (+tax).

Eh I'll pass on it, even though it is a really good deal if you want this game, but I still have the first one in my backlog and I'm in no rush to add more DA to it.[/QUOTE]

Magazine is $5. Subscription is $15. Assuming they aren't going to reverse this decision to allow @Gamer coupons to stack any time soon, the likelihood of using future coupons is pretty high. This edition also has a 50% off any used game coupon. Used that one on Castlevania and the Assassins Creed coupon a couple of weeks ago to get both for $35.

Page 86 of the magazine has a UPC and and ad for subscribing in store. It also blatantly says "you'll get 10 additional issues," clearly implying you get to keep the one in hand. So 11 issues of the magazine, with the coupons, for $15. (if you buy in store it also counts towards gamers club) I got screwed though, as the manager swore there was no way to do that, so I was a little annoyed when I saw the page later. Going to go pick up DAII tomorrow and probably have them give me back my five and put it towards a full subscription.

I picked up Dragon Age 2 in Gamestop's B2G1 sale and promptly swapped it out for a different game.

It redefines suck. It's not worth $15.

Shift 2 I haven't played, but Shift was nothing special. There are better racers out there.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I picked up Dragon Age 2 in Gamestop's B2G1 sale and promptly swapped it out for a different game.

Shift 2 I haven't played, but Shift was nothing special. There are better racers out there.[/QUOTE]

I've heard from a friend (who is a big racing fan) says shift 2 is worse then the 1st. I hated the demo of the first game so I'm not even tempted to buy #2 unless it's for a flip.

[quote name='ryheeles']They stack with regular sale prices, not package deals like the Infamous one.[/QUOTE]

That would explain why the guy at my local BBY said it wouldn't work for MotorStorm: Apocalypse when I bought it along with InFamous 2. Damn, was willing to get a PM for it with the @gamer coupon, since it's been less than 30 days since I bought both games.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I picked up Dragon Age 2 in Gamestop's B2G1 sale and promptly swapped it out for a different game.

Shift 2 I haven't played, but Shift was nothing special. There are better racers out there.[/QUOTE]

To each their own but Dragon Age is WELL worth $15 IMO. It's not as good as the first one, but it's not crap like Duke Nukem either.

[quote name='The Punisher']What MD stores? They u try to walk to the register and let them scan the coupon? Its YMMV, but someone here said that it may work with sale price[/QUOTE]
Waldorf, MD; Springfield, VA; and Woodbridge, VA. 2 of 3 scanned the coupon only to have either the B1G1 50% promo or the $15 off coupon work one at a time. 1 of 3 told me that it was only going to work one way or the other as well.

I accepted the fact that it was going to be to good to be true because Socom would've only been $15.

I'm only thrown into confusion when I see people posting that coupons stack with sales.

[quote name='GenTrapstar']Do I need the book or can I use the one that is at the store?[/QUOTE]
You can buy the book 5.99 from BB or get the book and the subscription in store as well.

Now that you mention it I have seen some @gamer's with the coupon page not in there at all... I'm sure people have come just to get the coupons. Saves them a good 5.99 i guess...

grabbed shift 2 ps3 for 14.99, they didn't take coupon so will go back tomorrow and grab for 360. Also, grabbed Avatar Blu CE for 14.99 after $5 off coupon.
thnx for the heads up.

Got DA2 and Shift 2 for $14.99 with magazine subscription with no problems whatsoever. Well, there was one problem... for some reason it wouldn't let them all work at the same time so I had to do two different transactions, the first with magazine and game 1 and second with game 2. Otherwise, quick and easy.

I subscribed to the magazine and bought AC Brotherhood, DA2, and Shift 2, all on the same transaction, with no problem at all. Total was like $75 with tax.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']How many times can you use the coupon? I may want to buy a couple of copies of DA2[/QUOTE]
as many as you want as long as you buy a magazine for each coupon

dont forget that you can pm the toyrus deal for mortal kombat brink black ops la noire fear 3 2 of those games for 50

[quote name='Lupinlll']Waldorf, MD; Springfield, VA; and Woodbridge, VA. 2 of 3 scanned the coupon only to have either the B1G1 50% promo or the $15 off coupon work one at a time. 1 of 3 told me that it was only going to work one way or the other as well.

I accepted the fact that it was going to be to good to be true because Socom would've only been $15.

I'm only thrown into confusion when I see people posting that coupons stack with sales.[/QUOTE]

wow dude, waldorf to woodbridge through springfield is a good hour 1 way. Next time just ask questions here 1st before you go out

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Got DA2 and Shift 2 for $14.99 with magazine subscription with no problems whatsoever. Well, there was one problem... for some reason it wouldn't let them all work at the same time so I had to do two different transactions, the first with magazine and game 1 and second with game 2. Otherwise, quick and easy.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. Bought DA2 and Shift 2 in one transaction: they scanned both coupons after scanning both games, plus some other stuff I bought, and it worked fine.

[quote name='The Punisher']What MD stores? They u try to walk to the register and let them scan the coupon? Its YMMV, but someone here said that it may work with sale price[/QUOTE]

I live in the baltimore area and all of the best buys ive been to have let me stack the coupons try a new best buy some workers are douches

[quote name='The Punisher']I want one, but probably do it Wed.

Can anyone confirm that it will work on DA2 for $14.99?[/QUOTE]
I did this for 5 customers today. It's technically $20 plus tax ($5 for the mag).

This issue also has a 50% off a pre-owned game so if your BB has some decent used stuff the mag more than pays for itself. Allowing coupon stacking on sale items is probably the best thing Bestbuy has ever done since I've worked there.

I also find it funny how customers always run from me if I try to talk to them but if the first thing out of my mouth when I see they have DA2 is 'did you know we have a $20 off coupon for that?' they'll chat with me for a half hour.

[quote name='Lupinlll']Waldorf, MD; Springfield, VA; and Woodbridge, VA. 2 of 3 scanned the coupon only to have either the B1G1 50% promo or the $15 off coupon work one at a time. 1 of 3 told me that it was only going to work one way or the other as well.
I'm only thrown into confusion when I see people posting that coupons stack with sales.[/QUOTE]Holy $hit, the coupons stack with sale prices only not other promos(b1g1, half off etc) or coupons it'll always be either or. I tried to combine the gc coupon with the Infamous $60+ motorstorm $30 deal & the coupon dissabled the $30 off altogether.

Package deals do work as long as you have enough items to cover all the requirements like using the 10% off coupon on up to 3 eligible items the using the $5 off any B/R movie above $20. If you have 4 items or more they'll both work on 1 receipt.

Slickdeals is thataway---->

So this is what I did yesterday, considering I had $90 in BB GC:

1 - Grabbed a copy of the @gamer magazine
2 - Picked up DA2, Shift 2 Unleashed x 2, and Dead Space 2 Used
3 - Double checked TIV for all 3: DA2 was $12, Shift 2 $14 and DS2 $23
4 - Calculated total TIV for Shift 2 + Ds2 = (14 + 23)*30% bonus = $48
5 - Went to register and paid for @ gamer mag - $5.35
6 - Paid for all 4 games with coupons so prices after coupons DA2 and Shift 2 x 2 - $15/each and DS2 with 50% coupon $17.5 - $66.88
7 - Total spent $72.22
8 - Turned around and traded in 1 shift 2 and DS2 and got $48.1
9 - Net cost for 1 magazine, DA2, and shift 2 = $24.12

Sounds long but all in all, entire process took 15 minutes. I spent the most time looking through the used games and figuring out which one had the highest value. I only bought another shift 2 because you need to trade in 2 games for the extra 30% bonus.

bread's done
Back