Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked 2 years $60 (50% discount)

Trustn01

CAGiversary!
I've been waiting for this deal to come back around.  Best Buy will be running a half-off their Gamers Club Unlocked membership from 5/25 - 5/31.  It's normally $119.99 and will be on sale for $60.  They run this promo every once in a while and it makes the membership worthwhile.

Assuming Best Buy is still around for 2 years, here's what you'll get:

Gamers Club Unlocked Benefits:
Get 20% off new video games for 2 full years
Get 2x base points on new video game software, digital content, and game accessories
Get 2 points for every dollar when you trade-in games
Get points on gaming consoles
Redeem Reward Certificates on nearly everything at Best Buy
10% bonus trade-in credit on your video game software trade-ins
10% off pre-owned games
Buy two, get the third free on pre-owned games via special welcome coupon
Save 50% on a new strategy guide via special welcome coupon

I'm still not sure what's going on with their magazine but I assume if it's still being posted digitally, it would probably be included also.

I`m 99.9% with chip except for cutting desean for nothing.
1- They take the full cap hit by not waiting till 6/1
2- his release pretty much exposed the need in the draft
3- with reciever suspensions/injuries trades would come
4- it was in both their interests to rework his deal easier to trade a happy player with lower cap hit
5- Can`t teach elite speed his presence on the field made DC`s account for him in ways that don`t show on his stat sheet. Opens up the running game when safety`s play 20 yrs back Shady`s in the 2nd level so fast.
I understand what you are saying. Initially after he got traded I doubted it as well. But all things considered, who do you think will help more with this team winning a championship(s) this season and beyond, DeSean or Chip? I am all in with Chip. And other than the fans, no one else seemed too upset about him leaving, including our boy Shady.

I haven't gotten any welcome coupons or anything, I got this a month ago

Are these welcome coupons still a thing or what

There's an issue with their system that takes awhile to send them out. You can post to the BB forums and they should be able to give you a set of coupons. They do expire at the end of July though, and to be honest, they aren't that great.

I emailed best buy about the same problem. They first told me about the @gamer magazine being discontinued & told me the benefits of gcu members(which included the two welcome coupons). When I made it clear I wasn't referring to the @gamer magazine. I was told they no longer offer the coupons(received that email today).

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand what you are saying. Initially after he got traded I doubted it as well. But all things considered, who do you think will help more with this team winning a championship(s) this season and beyond, DeSean or Chip? I am all in with Chip. And other than the fans, no one else seemed too upset about him leaving, including our boy Shady.
I have no issue with them moving on from any player but it depends on how they do it. This is the 2nd time in 10 yrs we lost a premier WR in their prime wth nothing in return. The 1st time cost 2 players places in the HOF this one is costing the birds 10 million this season. I`d love to have that being spent on defense right now which would get us closer to a superbowl this yr. In a sport with a salary cap it hurts.

As a born & raised philly lifer never put an (s) on a championship b/c they all owe us.
When Maclin went down a week into minicamp holding his knee the entire Eagles org was fearful of the desean move then. And if teams put 8 in the box not respecting deep speed it`ll hurt the entire offense. We got alot of weapons but there`s alot of ifs too & we have 1 less sure thing.
But I`m all in 9-11 wins, division & 1 playoff win = success from that point on SB or bust

Does anyone know if you can stack subscriptions? Want to buy two subscriptions on the same account so I can get four years for $120

When you join the gcu do you get a membership card or something. Just bought the 2 year subscription before closing and the cashier had no clue.

When you join the gcu do you get a membership card or something. Just bought the 2 year subscription before closing and the cashier had no clue.
No. GCU is linked to your RZ account so when you give them your phone # (or buy online while logged into your RZ account), the computers should automatically know that you're GCU. There is no separate card.

Last edited by a moderator:
No. GCU is linked to your RZ account so when you give them your phone # (or buy online while logged into your RZ account), the computers should automatically know that you're GCU. There is no separate card.
According to the manager at my store you do have to have a card. He wanted proof I was a GCU member, even though it was on the screen. I asked him how he wanted proof because I could provide transaction, credit card statement, or my reward zone number. He said he sells the cards all day long and every GCU sign up has a special card given out that you use for your discount. I told him I'd give him $100 on the spot to show me the card and he couldn't come up with one.

I really wish employees/managers would learn about what they are supposed to be selling. I hate getting in fights and constantly having to call 1800 Best Buy where they seem to know all the answers.

He always tells cashiers they can't do GCU with coupons or items on sale. He is such a pain. I have a printed out email from customer service they tell me to show him, but he says I made it up myself. Customer care won't get this guy straight. I've resorted going to another store about 5 mins further to avoid this jack wagon.

Thanks bro. The cashier was having trouble charging me the gcu. It kept saying invalid on the computer screen. He told me I think you tell them your name and you get the discounts. I told him you mean my phone number. He goes yeah that's it.

Just want to confirm something, does Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire classify as different games? (Just making sure I stay under my 3 copies limit)

Just got the $60.00 GCU today. The price tag where the cards are still said $60.00 and they were good enough to honor it. I'm guessing the tag was changed by now..

Yeah went to best buy this morning and tags were gone. They had them at all the cashiers and every gaming isle yesterday.

Quick question. Say I go to best buy and price ad match an amazon game price. Do I still get the gcu discount on new games?

Amazon has XBox 1 Lego Marvel going for $31.99

Yeah went to best buy this morning and tags were gone. They had them at all the cashiers and every gaming isle yesterday.

Quick question. Say I go to best buy and price ad match an amazon game price. Do I still get the gcu discount on new games?

No, bestbuy is too smart for your double dip.

said it before, i'll say it again.  it is basically $60 permanently.  they leave it at $120 ("real" price) for a month, then have these 50% off sales and we all (myself included a few sales back) jump at the great price.  

dont get me wrong, i've already saved/made more than my $60 fee in just a few months of membership, but they jump it 120-60-120-60 b/c more people probably jump at the 60 price than if it was the permanent all time price.  there's a behavioral economics thesis in there somewhere.

Don't know if it's been said or not in this thread, but just wanted to give everyone a heads up. The 10% movers coupon stacks with the 50% off membership - just got it yesterday. So its a good way to save an extra few bucks on it. Hope this helps someone.

GCU doesn't stack with a price match.

To get GCU do you have to go to a store? The nearest one to me is 40 minutes away, and I didn't see a thing on the website about signing up. 

According to the manager at my store you do have to have a card. He wanted proof I was a GCU member, even though it was on the screen. I asked him how he wanted proof because I could provide transaction, credit card statement, or my reward zone number. He said he sells the cards all day long and every GCU sign up has a special card given out that you use for your discount. I told him I'd give him $100 on the spot to show me the card and he couldn't come up with one.

I really wish employees/managers would learn about what they are supposed to be selling. I hate getting in fights and constantly having to call 1800 Best Buy where they seem to know all the answers.

He always tells cashiers they can't do GCU with coupons or items on sale. He is such a pain. I have a printed out email from customer service they tell me to show him, but he says I made it up myself. Customer care won't get this guy straight. I've resorted going to another store about 5 mins further to avoid this jack wagon.
What a loser whenever I use my membership in store they look at me like i'm doing witchcraft. One time a cashier called over a manger to make sure the discount was legit.

We may see them in the near future
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Gamers-Club-Elite-and-Elite-Plus-Membership-Cards/idi-p/798832

He always tells cashiers they can't do GCU with coupons or items on sale. He is such a pain. I have a printed out email from customer service they tell me to show him, but he says I made it up myself. Customer care won't get this guy straight. I've resorted going to another
store about 5 mins further to avoid this jack wagon.
Report the store to the BB mods on the forums so a leadership team member can gey involved.

To get GCU do you have to go to a store? The nearest one to me is 40 minutes away, and I didn't see a thing on the website about signing up.
If you make the trip you can use GCU online just not join post #460 has the link to help get it changed.

GCU is actually getting me a killer deal on Disney Infinity 2.0. When you pre-order you get a free figure, valued at $13.99, plus the discounted price on the game, brining it down to $59.99 from $74.99.

Almost $30 in savings in one fell swoop. Not bad.

Damn, any idea when it'll be back to 60?
This sale ran for about a month or so I`d only expect 1 more time in 2014 if at all they`re already utilizing package promos for GCU in the weekly ad.
Maybe a free or otherways discounted sub
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Offer-packages-that-come-with-a-quot-free-quot-or-discounted-GCU/idi-p/763603

Or a free game with purchase of the sub
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Free-game-w-new-Gamer-s-Club-Unlocked-sub-promotion/idi-p/800832

This sale ran for about a month or so I`d only expect 1 more time in 2014 if at all they`re already utilizing package promos for GCU in the weekly ad.
Maybe a free or otherways discounted sub
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Offer-packages-that-come-with-a-quot-free-quot-or-discounted-GCU/idi-p/763603

Or a free game with purchase of the sub
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Free-game-w-new-Gamer-s-Club-Unlocked-sub-promotion/idi-p/800832
If GCU is doing as bad as everyone says it is sub-wise, I don't get why $60 isn't the permanent price.

Really want TR Definitive edition for PS4 in sale this week. I already bought 3 combined of Xbox and collectors edition for Xbox. Is this considered same title?

Also does BB keep track of what I bought in store? All previous purchase were made online which BB has online trail. Not sure if they have same in store track. Was gonna snag copy in store if they don't keep track.

I asked this question somewhere else but didn't get a real answer. I'm price adjusting Tomb Raider Definitive, do I get my price adjusted to the sale price, or the sale price after GCU?

Really want TR Definitive edition for PS4 in sale this week. I already bought 3 combined of Xbox and collectors edition for Xbox. Is this considered same title?

Also does BB keep track of what I bought in store? All previous purchase were made online which BB has online trail. Not sure if they have same in store track. Was gonna snag copy in store if they don't keep track.
Everything is tracked...It is all on your Rewards account to get the 20% off after all.

I asked this question somewhere else but didn't get a real answer. I'm price adjusting Tomb Raider Definitive, do I get my price adjusted to the sale price, or the sale price after GCU?
20% after sale price. So if you paid $48 and it's now $40 ($32 after 20%) you get $16 back.

Thanks because I asked the day I bought it and they told me "they don't know if it will pop up in the system." I feel like my BBY is always out to make sure you get what they want..

this service is just awful why would anyone pay money for it
Lol your community stats say you`re 112 yrs old so no wonder why you can`t understand the benefits of GCU.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/user/312045-kratier/

We`re here for the cheap/free games GCU provides us on a daily basis like paying $32 + tax w/$10-$25 credit that trades in for $40-$44.

If GCU is doing as bad as everyone says it is sub-wise, I don't get why $60 isn't the permanent price.
Because if they reduced the price to $60 completely you`d also see a major adjustment to how the 20% works.
1- They limit the # of times per you can use the 20% discount
2- They limit the total amount can be saved by the 20%
3- They change it only allowing 1 yr subs for $60
The $120 figure didn`t come outta thin air, a $5 single issue of @gamer times 24 months would be $120 that`s not an accident.

A lot of Xbox owners as friends and family?

Why on Earth do you need so many copies of the same title?

So what is my final price if I preorder a game in store for $5 down? Wouldn't it be $59.99 - 20% =  47.99 + tax (6%, $2.88) = $50.87 then minus the $5 deposit. So I'd owe $45.87 all said and done right. This is not taking into account any reward certs that subtract off the sub-total price. Just want to make sure the people at the counter are doing it right and im not getting shafted.

Many thanks for any replies to this post!

So what is my final price if I preorder a game in store for $5 down? Wouldn't it be $59.99 - 20% = 47.99 + tax (6%, $2.88) = $50.87 then minus the $5 deposit. So I'd owe $45.87 all said and done right. This is not taking into account any reward certs that subtract off the sub-total price. Just want to make sure the people at the counter are doing it right and im not getting shafted.

Many thanks for any replies to this post!
Yes that is correct.

bread's done
Back