Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked 2 years $60 (50% discount)

Trustn01

CAGiversary!
I've been waiting for this deal to come back around.  Best Buy will be running a half-off their Gamers Club Unlocked membership from 5/25 - 5/31.  It's normally $119.99 and will be on sale for $60.  They run this promo every once in a while and it makes the membership worthwhile.

Assuming Best Buy is still around for 2 years, here's what you'll get:

Gamers Club Unlocked Benefits:
Get 20% off new video games for 2 full years
Get 2x base points on new video game software, digital content, and game accessories
Get 2 points for every dollar when you trade-in games
Get points on gaming consoles
Redeem Reward Certificates on nearly everything at Best Buy
10% bonus trade-in credit on your video game software trade-ins
10% off pre-owned games
Buy two, get the third free on pre-owned games via special welcome coupon
Save 50% on a new strategy guide via special welcome coupon

I'm still not sure what's going on with their magazine but I assume if it's still being posted digitally, it would probably be included also.

You won`t find them on BB.com how much seed money do you have? $200 should cover it(you won`t actually have to lose $200)
1- Get 2 movers kit coupons
2- Use 1 on a BB $200 pre-paid visa +$16
3- Buy 2 $15 GS PUR pro subs to get 2 B2G1 coupons(ask the staff that way you get 2 coupons)
4- Find 2 games at GS with $44 BB TIV hopefully a PS3 & 360 version of the same title or something like it
5- Use the b2g1 coupon on each set & the GS B-day coupon on each one too
6- Trade all 6 games into BB
7- Use the 2nd movers coupon on the GCU sub -$12+ tax
8- Pay using the gc`s from the trades with credit leftover for later
9- The visa should be used to pay the GS subs & for the 6 games you may have credit left on it too.

If you chose a $54.99 GS game each(1 will be $39.xx, 1 $49.xx 1 free + $15 for the sub) so $104.xx + tax turns into $134.xx @ BB per set. +$30ish(before tax) per set. If the games are on sale at GS even better.

In the end you have the sub for $60 true cost, 2 yrs of PUR(which you can see pays off well when used right), over 4,000 PUR pts, 184 base mybb purchases pts, pts on the trades(at least $5 back in credit) and credit left over at BB.

I can do it all in about an hour since GS are right next to BB so your time may vary. There maybe other straight buy/trade flips that net + $10-$20 per game to which are simplier but aren`t always available & won`t yield the same payoff b/c there`s less work involved.

Saving`s of $60+ in an hr I wouldn`t mind making $60/hr although then I probably wouldn`t be a CAG.
Bday and B2G1 won't work if the 3 games are same price

Puzzling, I`ve done it 7+ times this yr so far does the coupon order matter or whether it`s scanned/typed. Several reps gave me the "1 per transaction but I`ll try anways since you already paid for the coupon" talk followed by the "oh this is something new then" stuff.

Puzzling, I`ve done it 7+ times this yr so far does the coupon order matter or whether it`s scanned/typed. Several reps gave me the "1 per transaction but I`ll try anways since you already paid for the coupon" talk followed by the "oh this is something new then" stuff.
He means if all 3 games are the same price its going to make one of them lower and thats going to be the free game so its pointless to use them together.

Im sure they let you do it, but it did nothing at all for you.

He means if all 3 games are the same price its going to make one of them lower and thats going to be the free game so its pointless to use them together.

Probldm is then I should`ve been charged more money not that I complaining 28% off of $54.99 or $37.99 isn`t something I`d miss. And certainly not that many times either. I don`t keep GS receipts for items I`ve moved either so I gotta pay attention next time.

Wonder if they did manual adjustments I delivery to both stores alot so I throw them the added subs for their #`s maybe they looked out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wouldn't the order the coupons are added to the total make a difference here?

You know, it would be nice if you could ever check your Rewards online. Freaking thing is always down.
go here:

my.bestbuy.com/

iirc they merged something...i used to have errors logging in - doing the above, no problems.

What happens when you hit the 3 game limit for GCU?

I've been letting my girlfriend and buddies use my phone number to get the discount, and it's usually not a problem, but Smash is coming out for 3DS and WiiU and Best Buy sucks and counts them as the same game, even though they're distinctly different versions. I've seen your threads on the IdeaX, enuf, and I see that some employee named Aaron has given some input in a few related to these issues. I know I'm going to be getting the game for both consoles, so would another one of my friends, and another would be getting the 3DS version. Obviously they might not like 5 copies going out the door at the discount, but I still think it's a little silly.

I've been letting my girlfriend and buddies use my phone number to get the discount, and it's usually not a problem, but Smash is coming out for 3DS and WiiU and Best Buy sucks and counts them as the same game, even though they're distinctly different versions. I've seen your threads on the IdeaX, enuf, and I see that some employee named Aaron has given some input in a few related to these issues. I know I'm going to be getting the game for both consoles, so would another one of my friends, and another would be getting the 3DS version. Obviously they might not like 5 copies going out the door at the discount, but I still think it's a little silly.
you face a possible account ban if they flag it meaning your account is closed and any associated accounts and you lose all points and reward certificates and anything tied to the account including loss of the gcu membership. That is the reason why everyone is extremely careful about not going over the limit. So if you are wanting it for both console then your best bet is going to be to pick only one friend and let them pick only one platform and stick to the 3.

Here is a question, and I'm pretty sure I'm ok, but want to make sure.

So I preordered Destiny for 360 about a month ago.  I actually received the Beta code about 24 hours later.  Then I ended up getting in on the $200 PS4 at cowboom.  So I preordered Destiny for PS4 instead.  Then I received the Beta Code.  I cancelled the 360 version preorder.  Now, since I really enjoyed the Beta I'm preordering the Limited Edition.  Will I have any issues cancelling my Ps4 version and switching to the limited edition?  Does it count towards the limit?

So I preordered Destiny for 360 about a month ago. I actually received the Beta code about 24 hours later. Then I ended up getting in on the $200 PS4 at cowboom. So I preordered Destiny for PS4 instead. Then I received the Beta Code. I cancelled the 360 version preorder. Now, since I really enjoyed the Beta I'm preordering the Limited Edition. Will I have any issues cancelling my Ps4 version and switching to the limited edition? Does it count towards the limit?
No, they have said on the forums that a cancelled order does not count towards the limit. The reason is because the order has not been fulfilled and BB hasn't taken any money from your Credit Card.

So I preordered Destiny for 360 about a month ago. I actually received the Beta code about 24 hours later. Then I ended up getting in on the $200 PS4 at cowboom. So I preordered Destiny for PS4 instead. Then I received the Beta Code. I cancelled the 360 version preorder. Now, since I really enjoyed the Beta I'm preordering the Limited Edition. Will I have any issues cancelling my Ps4 version and switching to the limited edition? Does it count towards the limit?
cancelled orders does not count toward the limits only returns do.

Big news regarding the 3 game limit

As stated before Pokemon games ARE THE SAME. 1 Ruby & 1 Sapphire would count as 2 of your three game limit.

Possible mistake but they`re also stating now that USED games count too. I THINK they`re referring to trade ins but not 100% sure.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/Looking-for-information-regarding-the-3-game-limit/m-p/833521/thread-id/15686?device-view=desktop
the mod stupid as hell cause Matt already said before used games don't count since the 20% off is off new games and the 20% is the reason for limiting new games.

the mod stupid as hell cause Matt already said before used games don't count since the 20% off is off new games and the 20% is the reason for limiting new games.
As I said I THINK it`s a mistake but it took them awhile to clarify in this thread 10 days which makes me wonder if there was a change. I`d rather put it out just in case & be wrong then to read it say nothing, then 30-60 days later ppl start getting banned/cancelled.

Why can't people just let this go instead of push the issue with BB over and over? 

As far as versions go, I highly doubt that each version will count to a limit.  They have different SKUs and are often released months or years apart.  People though they would be banned for buying 4 Infinity/Skylanders figurers.  Come on, get real.

Big news regarding the 3 game limit

As stated before Pokemon games ARE THE SAME. 1 Ruby & 1 Sapphire would count as 2 of your three game limit.

Possible mistake but they`re also stating now that USED games count too. I THINK they`re referring to trade ins but not 100% sure.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/Looking-for-information-regarding-the-3-game-limit/m-p/833521/thread-id/15686?device-view=desktop
enuf, here's aaron's reply

Hey Tsbrdain,

All versions of the same title count towards the GCU 3-copy limit. This includes standard versions, collector's editions, Game of the Year editions, and used copies. If you'd like to provide feedback on this limit or make suggestions to improve the GCU program though, I'd encourage you to check out the IdeaX topic enuf linked above.

Thanks for being a Gamers' Club member!
enuf, can you point me to the part where aaron says pokemon x and pokemon y are considered the same title? (pokmeon x, that's one title; pokemon y, that's another title; yes, the gameplay is the same but the TITLE is different. it's like saying the x chromosome is the same as the y chromosome.)

All bets are off if they're counting Ruby and Sapphire as counting towards the 3 game limit. What this tells us is that :

Different titles don't matter
Different content doesn't matter
Different console doesn't matter

How different does a game need to be to its predecessor to not count towards the limit? If CoD is just re skinned every year then is that the same as Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Or the new Assassins Creed games out later this year?

I wouldn't risk my GCU account getting banned so a buddy can get my discount. If I were I would only do 3 copies of smash unless they say the 3ds and wiiu versions won't count against the same total.

Everyone worrying now is worrying for no reason that mod that said that is wrong half the time and is the stupidest mod they have to begin with. By his explanation then no one would be able to buy anything cause in his reasoning then that mean the following games would count as one:

1. Halo 3, halo 4, halo reach, halo combat anniversary, halo 4 goty, halo odst and halo origins bundle would all count as the same to title.
2. All the call of duty and modern warfare games would count as the same title

That why as you can see from the above example the mod who said Pokemon x and y is the same title is a stupid as hell and talking out his ass cause if it true it would cut sales at best buy to much for best buy to afford the losses

my dad is the president of nintendo and best buy and he said not to worry, we will all be fine.  also smash brothers will feature a cheap ass gamer avatar, whose main combo is price match and coupon'ing

Annual sports game buyers are probably screwed too.  There's no way this ends well for Best Buy because if you ban people for buying 4 different editions of Pokemon, there's going to be a huge class action lawsuit against them.  You can't possibly go before a judge, show them copies of Ruby, Diamond, and whatever else and say, this is 4 different versions of the same game and that's why they got banned.  They're clearly different games, not versions of the same game.  

Has a single person from the BBY forums or CAG ever claimed they were banned? Like... obviously the mods have been saying this for the longest time but who is going to go into your MyBBY account and look through all that shit just to flag you?

class action lawsuit?  lol  I'm pretty sure you sign something when you join.  T&C never favor the customer.

That said:

-if this (in any way) - infringes on people's ability to buy games for their own use - they need to fix it.  3 instances per title makes sense IFF each SKU is treated as a separate title.  

-if the main people who suffer are flippers who drive up the cost of games for everyone else, I cant say i blame best buy for finding a small group of people who cost them money and cutting them off.  I'm not sure how buying 3 used copies of GAME_X on a glitched 2for1 coupon, only to trade them in at the exact same store you bought them from for a trade profit, is part of an expected use/benefit for GCU.  I'm not saying dont do it, but you cant be surprised that they put a stop to it either.

BB would not ban people for buying different skus. Its stupid.
This. unless you are abusing the benefits. it would take way too much time and effort to track this for every customer. If you are abusing the system (or just exploiting its flaws), they will notice you, and then it is worth the time to track you.

Dont be part of the 2% that costs them 50% of their time/resources (i.e. big flippers), and you are fine.

bread's done
Back