Best Buy GCU to be discontinued 3-1-2021

Nephilim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
Ugh. I had a year left. Oh well, good while it lasted.

——

We have an important announcement to share about your Gamers Club Unlocked* membership.

Thank you for being a My Best Buy® member and part of the Gamers Club Unlocked program. We have made the decision to end the current Gamers Club Unlocked program which means we will cancel remaining memberships and discontinue all current benefits as of March 1, 2021.

As a current Gamers Club Unlocked member, we will be refunding you the purchase price of your unexpired membership(s). We will mail you a refund check equal to $30 for each membership. You can expect to receive your check by the end of March 2021. To ensure you receive your check, please log into your account at https://www.bestbuy.com/profile/c/address/shipping and confirm your primary address is up to date. Your Gamers Club Unlocked benefits will remain active through February 28, 2021.

Despite this change, you will remain a member of My Best Buy which earns you rewards on your Best Buy purchases and additional member benefits.

If you need assistance with this, or have questions, please feel free to contact us at
1-888-BEST-BUY (1-888-237-8289) or through our chat channels on BestBuy.com.

Thank you for continuing to be a loyal Best Buy customer!

The Best Buy Team

I mean who would I buy from another store when I can get a free steelbook case?  And since I am Elite I just did a price adjustment so I got $20 back with my Persona Striker with steelbook.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't realize it was $30 for every year left. Got a nice check today. Still had 3 years left.
Should have extended more back in the day when they had that free promo buying a phone .

Discount applies even after GCU expires but only if you don't have a CC expiring on the order before the game releases
Not if BB can cancel it first! Had that happen with an old pre-order and they refused to reinstate it saying I could just order it again. Coincidentally, I haven't bought anything from them since. . .

Oh and the reason was it was "unavailable". No other reason at all. Monkeys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not if BB can cancel it first! Had that happen with an old pre-order and they refused to reinstate it saying I could just order it again. Coincidentally, I haven't bought anything from them since. . .

Oh and the reason was it was "unavailable". No other reason at all. Monkeys.
I believe this happened with Digimon Tactics; it was unlisted for a while, then brought back. My GCU expired in July of last year, so I got on with customer support and they reinstated the 20% discount for this game, due to it not being canceled by me.

since this got bumped, and for historical purposes, I'll share my GCU story. I got my GCU membership online and it never worked... well, it worked ONLY on the initial purchase. I called best buy, spoke to managers for days, even went into a brick and mortar store (unless if that store was made out of wood), and nobody could get it to work. They gave me $30 in best buy money and told me to buy another membership. That still didn't work... I ended up somehow buying the membership AGAIN but with cash. That time, the membership stuck to my account. They never refunded me for the second cash purchase, so I had 4 years with everything considered stacked on my account. I was upset, but whatever.

My membership was suppose to end the last day of Feb 2021, 1 day before the official end of the program... I got an e-mail saying that I'll get a refund for each membership. A month or so later, a nice $60 check from BBY showed up in my mailbox . I was happy.

bread's done
Back