Best Buy has God of War III Ultimate Edition $99.99 + 500 Bonus Points($10 Cert)

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!
I was debating with myself if they have the UE at all, YES they DO!

So, skipping all that "It's a future savings crap" been argued before. To ME, it's value is $89.99 + Tax on $100 + 100 points, consider I only count it once and not twice. I DON'T count $10 from this on future purchase to call that a deal again, you see.

You need to be enrolled in the Reward Zone Gamers Club, and it's FREE, to receive the 500 Points!

I did find this the BETTER deal and I have it in my hands right now! :bouncy:

[quote name='barom']Hey about that 10% off coupon. Is it possible to somehow get it applied even if I bought the items already?[/QUOTE]

calling bestbuy toll free number is your best answer. Noone knows over here

The 500 points do apply for the ue edition as my purchase from the 16th has showed up as pending on my rewardzone list with the extra 500 points. Now to wait For it to clear in 45 days. :sad:

How are you guys arguing with him?
I asked him a question, he answered it. He said that it feels like it's made of cheap plastic, posting a picture doesn't suddenly negate what he said...
On top of that the if all that it is providing you with is DLC codes then
where is the added value in that? It doesn't cost much to print some numbers on a piece of paper, and say "Here try and input these things correctly..."
Honestly how hard would it have been for them to put a extra couple of disc in the box with the music on it? I mean call the Halo Cat helmet trash all you want, but at least they got that part of it right.

I guess when I see it in person, I'll know, but until then, I'll take the word of someone who actually owns it.

[quote name='hanabie']no if it's free shipping. The pandora box is pretty heavy which is about 4 lbs. The shipping cost should be around 8 to 15 bux.[/QUOTE]

I haven't open mines... in that case, it sounds like a solid box to me, definitely not "cheap." Well, even after $15 shipping, it's still $25. So the seller is still looking at $20 for the box!

[quote name='Serpentor']I haven't open mines... in that case, it sounds like a solid box to me, definitely not "cheap." Well, even after $15 shipping, it's still $25. So the seller is still looking at $20 for the box![/QUOTE]

lol... then the seller is gonna eat the loss..
sorry if i sell things on ebay, either i need to get rid of it or i'm making more than 20 bux profit. the risk you are taking aint worth 10 bux profit. ebay is just disaster imo. I'd go craiglist instead.

[quote name='hanabie']lol... then the seller is gonna eat the loss..
sorry if i sell things on ebay, either i need to get rid of it or i'm making more than 20 bux profit. the risk you are taking aint worth 10 bux profit. ebay is just disaster imo. I'd go craiglist instead.[/QUOTE]

There is a copy of the Ultimate Edition that is at 102.50 on e-bay right now. (GAME NOT INCLUDED)

[quote name='hanabie']lol... then the seller is gonna eat the loss..
sorry if i sell things on ebay, either i need to get rid of it or i'm making more than 20 bux profit. the risk you are taking aint worth 10 bux profit. ebay is just disaster imo. I'd go craiglist instead.[/QUOTE]

I stay away from CL... Anyhow, i'm thinking about getting another Pandora Box, so i'm looking at the prices. Man, they're selling for more than $50 (not including shipping).

hanabie, i think you misread my post, i was saying the seller is looking at $20 after your 10-15 shipping estimate. The Box i was tracking last night was at $40... So even with $15 shipping (the seller charges $10 shipping by the way), he's making money.

Doesn't matter, looks like buying just the box is worse deal than getting the entire UE! I searched ended auctions, all of them sold for more than $50 excluding shipping. That's some "cheap" box!

[quote name='Estebon']Once again, the link is useless. Most, if not all of the ones in stock are preorders.[/QUOTE]

I have been to 2 BBYs that have had non-preorder ultimate editions in stock and on the floor. May be worth a try for anyone who didn't pre-order... the Ultimate Edition is definitely worth the extra $$.

with the ps3 shortage i doubt they are going to sell out of GoW3, and the collectors edition is going to be the next Bioshock 2 collectors edition.

Happy to have gotten mine for 89.82 off amazon. I don't enjoy dealing with Best Buy, and in most cases the tax I pay negates some of the value of those reward zone certificates enough to not make it worth giving Best Buy or the federal government any more of my money. Ahhhhhh amazon! Low prices and sticking it to the government. Makes my heart smile.

I just got mine today... pretty disappointed with the quality of the box. Super cheap plastic, really bad airbrush paint job, etc. The cardboard box it came in was cooler than the actual pandora box itself. ANYWAYS, the artbook is pretty sweet, I'm about to open the game and download all the sweet content that should have been available on a second disc...

[quote name='Darshminder']I just got mine today... pretty disappointed with the quality of the box. Super cheap plastic, really bad airbrush paint job, etc. The cardboard box it came in was cooler than the actual pandora box itself. ANYWAYS, the artbook is pretty sweet, I'm about to open the game and download all the sweet content that should have been available on a second disc...[/QUOTE]

No kidding! I really wanted a good extras disc to access all the great content of the UE.

The thing that makes me feel a bit guilty is that by ditching the manufacturing of an additional disc they likely were able to put an additional 50-100k into the actual production of the documentary, which is one of if not the best one on a game ever.

[quote name='Fatbot3']No kidding! I really wanted a good extras disc to access all the great content of the UE.

The thing that makes me feel a bit guilty is that by ditching the manufacturing of an additional disc they likely were able to put an additional 50-100k into the actual production of the documentary, which is one of if not the best one on a game ever.[/QUOTE]

The only thing that sucks about the documentary being a download is that it's limited to one PS3 system. Really wish they'd put that thing on a Blu-Ray.

Pretty much everything else about the UE is freaking sweet though. Best $80 I've ever spent on a special edition!

Really? I thought everything, except for Singstar downloads, were good for 5 consoles? The extras only work for one??? Lame.

Well, the morning the game came out I placed an order with BB and Walmart for the UE. BB came through and I figured I'd keep the Walmart order up and see what sort of turnaround I could make. Received an email from Walmart Fulfillment today. They apologize for not being able to complete my order due to a system error (showed more stock than they actually had) so by way of apology they'll be sending me a copy of the regular edition free of charge.

So for those of you with incomplete Walmart orders, wait it out.

~KC

dammit I want one now :cry:

but all the bestbuys are sold out and ebay is going for like $150

I really just want Pandora's box, dominus skin, and the challenges.

[quote name='handsomepete']Saw several GoWIII UEs at Best Buy in Lenexa, KS today. They were still sitting in a cart waiting to be shelved.[/QUOTE]

I think the ones that were preordered but never picked up will be hitting the shelves either tomorrow or Wednesday.

i got scammed. I preordered mine and didnt have the rest of the money to pick it up till i got paid. I went to best buy on Saturday and they had no god of war III ultimate editions in stock. They sold them and i never got my copy. After waiting around for 20 mins they sold me the game for 59.99 i got 10 dollars reward zone, 10 off god of war collection and they offered me the guide for 20 dollars instead of the 34.99 Plus i got a 20 dollar gift card

^ still, you got cheated out of the UE. Walmart at least give people a free copy of the regular edition for the mix up.

Let's see you got a good deal or not:
$10 off the Collection, no deal, since the Collection can be gotten for cheap now
$20 for the guide, decent as long as it's a hardcover
$20 GC, it's okay deal, but remember that TRU gave that out on day one

I rather have the UE :)

finally got to open my UE this afternoon, and I love this thing. the box is a little bigger than I expected, and it looks amazing. art book is pretty good too. haven't gotten around to downloading the other stuff yet, but this purchase is already worth it.

Did anyone get gamer zone money added to that tally for the $89.99 in addition to the regular points + 500 bonus? I did not get the gamer zone money added to my gamer zone total. However they gave me the 500 bonus points and then they gave me 589 points as well!!! So I got 1089 points total! $20 certificate!

bread's done
Back