Best Buy: Homefront: The Revolution: Exclusive SteelBook Edition $59.99 ($47.99 with GCU) Plus $10 Gift Card

When does the Gift Card offer expire?
I'm waiting till Giant Bomb puts their video up to bite
I'm assuming the gift card offer expires on Sunday for next weeks deal.

P.S. Homefront is okay, a lot more enjoyable if it didn't freeze the game for 4 seconds every time I start up a mission or replenish my ammo in the weapon/upgrade locker. Frame rates drop occasionally, Out of the 5 hrs I played I saw a noticeable frame drop 4 times. AIs are stupid and you die mainly cause you are squishy af in the beginning. 1st Person View for driving a motorcycle is awful. Recoil on the shooting takes a bit to get used too but thats because they are pushing for mods for better recoil/aiming. I can believe there is a 30hr campaign only because you have to sneak around and maneuver the terrain in order to not die so many times. Rambo status not achieved.

P.S.S. You can die when you are in a melee cinematic.

P.S.S.S. I enjoy stabbing the soldiers.

From what I played the game is crap.

I like the idea of it what they tried doing, something like dead island with the crafting/looting and the division but it's just not there. The gunplay reminds me of that horrible walking dead game about merle and daryl.  

From what I played the game is crap.

I like the idea of it what they tried doing, something like dead island with the crafting/looting and the division but it's just not there. The gunplay reminds me of that horrible walking dead game about merle and daryl.
seems like this is what homefront is all about, good ideas, bad execution. really enjoyed the story of the first game but it just ended so abruptly it really ruined the whole thing.

I'm assuming the gift card offer expires on Sunday for next weeks deal.

P.S. Homefront is okay, a lot more enjoyable if it didn't freeze the game for 4 seconds every time I start up a mission or replenish my ammo in the weapon/upgrade locker. Frame rates drop occasionally, Out of the 5 hrs I played I saw a noticeable frame drop 4 times. AIs are stupid and you die mainly cause you are squishy af in the beginning. 1st Person View for driving a motorcycle is awful. Recoil on the shooting takes a bit to get used too but thats because they are pushing for mods for better recoil/aiming. I can believe there is a 30hr campaign only because you have to sneak around and maneuver the terrain in order to not die so many times. Rambo status not achieved.

P.S.S. You can die when you are in a melee cinematic.

P.S.S.S. I enjoy stabbing the soldiers.
This has been my experience as well. I'm only a couple of hours in and it seems like I can't do much in terms of combat. You literally go from walking down the streets and not being noticed to suddenly running into a dozen soldiers and a tank. Your only choice really is to sneak around.

And I'm also hating the constant freezes when it auto saves. I hope that gets fixed ASAP.

I'm also really bummed that there is no Far Cry styled progression system. It's like your only option is to buy better gear, but I feel like there's no real sense of getting stronger.

So far I am enjoying it very much but like many people have said there are some downsides all of which can be fixed:

- Lots of freezing between doing things

- Dumb AI

- A fair amount of glitches ( Invisible guns in AI hands, dead bodies randomly thrown into area, texture popping, etc...)

I'm considering rushing through this just to finish it and maybe get all the trophies before selling it or trading it in somewhere next week.

I'm hoping to beat the campaign before Overwatch drops but anyone up for trying out the co-op?

Buddies on my friends list were smart enough to hold out on Homefront  :whistle2:

As much as I love Steelbooks.....I don't think I can do it. I just recently bought the first game, having never played it and knowing the sequel was on the way. Man; a 5.0 score just does not validate a purchase. Maybe when it hits the $5 bin. a 5 for $5.

I'm considering rushing through this just to finish it and maybe get all the trophies before selling it or trading it in somewhere next week.
that was my plan but man it's garbage. Felt like I was forcing myself to play it so I'm done.

I just rented it but feel ripped off of 1.50 :( waste of time

So I've never returned or traded a game in before. Since I've already been playing this game, can I return it tomorrow and get a full refund, or do I have to trade it in or something?

that was my plan but man it's garbage. Felt like I was forcing myself to play it so I'm done.

I just rented it but feel ripped off of 1.50 :( waste of time
Yeah, it definitely has some cool aspects to it, but I'm playing it and wishing I was playing other games. It really does seem like a poor man's Far Cry and its chugging whenever I try to run somewhere. It barely runs and to be honest, I don't even think a few more months of development could fix it's problems.

So I've never returned or traded a game in before. Since I've already been playing this game, can I return it tomorrow and get a full refund, or do I have to trade it in or something?
Yeah, it definitely has some cool aspects to it, but I'm playing it and wishing I was playing other games. It really does seem like a poor man's Far Cry and its chugging whenever I try to run somewhere. It barely runs and to be honest, I don't even think a few more months of development could fix it's problems.
If you opened it you can't get a refund.

sell it on ebay if you want to make as much as you can

but I don't see it being in huge demand on there

For those buying the game just for the steelbook. It doesn't has the name on its spine, you to keep the plastic sleeve on if you want the name visible.... Didn't realize this till I opened it. Just letting my fellow collectors know.

Or something wtf lol

How are you not familiar video game return policies?
It's almost on every receipt

bread's done
Back