Best Buy Huge Studio Ghibli Blu-Ray/DVD Combo + DVD Sale!

thelaughingmann

CAGiversary!
Peeked at the ad this morning, here's the lot:

$20 Blu/DVD Combos:

Porco Russo

Pom Poko

Tales from Earthsea

Whisper of the Heart

The Wind Rises

Princess Mononoke

Kiki's Delivery Service

Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind (Not Advertised; Found via Blu-Ray.com)

Arrietty (Same)

Ponyo (Same)

My Neighbor Totoro (Found via Bestbuy.com search)

Howl's Moving Castle (Same)

**Castle in the Sky is available on Blu/DVD, but is still priced at $27.99**

**Spirited Away isn't available on Blu/DVD here yet? Really, Disney?**

$17 DVDs:

Spirited Away

Howl's Moving Castle

Castle in the Sky

My Neighbor Totoro

**VARIOUS OTHERS ARE RANGING FROM $15-18 BUT NOT LISTING CAUSE SEARCH WOULD TAKE TOO LONG**

Consider that these are being handled by Disney for localization here. And to see the Blu/DVD combos for these classic flicks hit $20 or less hasn't happened a whole lot as of yet.

My recommendations: Nausicaa, Mononoke, and Totoro. Howl's is a personal favorite, but the three I list are the true gems of the sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody know if the latest batches of Ghibli Blu titles (Princess Mononoke, Kiki's Delivery Service, Porco Rosso, Pom Poko, Tales from Earthsea) are available as part of the Costco sale?

Anybody know if the latest batches of Ghibli Blu titles (Princess Mononoke, Kiki's Delivery Service, Porco Rosso, Pom Poko, Tales from Earthsea) are available as part of the Costco sale?
When I was at Costco, they didnt have any of the 3 newer releases like Pom Poko, Earthsea, and Porco Rosso. but they did have princess mononoke and kiki's delivery service. Slipcovers may vary.

When I was at Costco, they didnt have any of the 3 newer releases like Pom Poko, Earthsea, and Porco Rosso. but they did have princess mononoke and kiki's delivery service. Slipcovers may vary.
Same. No Tale of Princess Kaguya either.

Saw maybe 5 slipcovers total.

Good deal for the slipcover indifferent and those wanting to "catch up" on Ghibli.

Just PM it at Best Buy. It doesn't say which ones are avail just take a picture of the sign, and bring it in to BB. That's what I always do.

I just came to post this. I hope this helps you guys out:

jY2xAnC.jpg

I happened to see this when I was at costco today. I figured people would be interested.

I know Disney movie club was brought up already but they just recently added 3 more Ghibli titles as eligible signup titles:

Princess Mononoke
Kikis Delivery Service
Wind Rises

Others on the list;

Secret World of Arrietty
My Neighbor Totoro
Nausicaa
Howls Moving Castle

And I think there are a couple others.

You could essentially get 6 Ghobli movies for $13 then just but two more titles for $29.99 within the next two years.
Was this a onetime thing or am I missing a promo code to get this deal? I am seeing that you have to buy 5 total (4 if you take a bonus Blu-ray at $14.99). I'd love to sign up and only have to buy 2 at full price instead of 4 or 5 that I'm seeing right now.

If I sign up now and take 5 films + buy 4 later, it looks like it comes out to be $15 each. 4x$30 each + $15 for initial 5 Blu-rays.

Was this a onetime thing or am I missing a promo code to get this deal? I am seeing that you have to buy 5 total (4 if you take a bonus Blu-ray at $14.99). I'd love to sign up and only have to buy 2 at full price instead of 4 or 5 that I'm seeing right now.

If I sign up now and take 5 films + buy 4 later, it looks like it comes out to be $15 each. 4x$30 each + $15 for initial 5 Blu-rays.
There's some codes for the offer he is talking about in the dmc thread

I liked Mononoke, Spirited Away, Castle in the Sky, and Arrietty. which other ones would I like?

I have seen Totoro, Ponyo, Wind Rises, Porco Rosso, and Howls Moving Castle. Just in general. Doesn't have to be from the $20 list

I liked Mononoke, Spirited Away, Castle in the Sky, and Arrietty. which other ones would I like?

I have seen Totoro, Ponyo, Wind Rises, Porco Rosso, and Howls Moving Castle. Just in general. Doesn't have to be from the $20 list
See Totoro again by adding it to your collection. :) I've probably watched it all the way through a good dozen times and had it playing while I cleaned the house another 30 times.

Kiki's Delivery Service is another great one.

You need to buy Ponyo (if you can find it for a reasonable price), and Howl's as well, as well as Cat Returns when it comes to blu-ray

Whisper of the Heart is one of the best ones, but it often gets overlooked (maybe because it wasn't directed by Miyazaki and people tend to focus on him). The fantasy element is much lower than usual, though, if that's what you're looking for.

bread's done
Back