Best Buy Labour Day Sale

Mr.

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
It's time for another one of those online-only, after hours sales at Best Buy. It starts on Sunday September 5th at 9 pm till September 7th at 10 am. The usual 10% off Select games, but it does have 20% off Select accessories, might include Wii/DSi points cards or Microsoft points or Live Gold cards.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I got a decent deal on Playstation Move controllers last time they did 20% off accessories, something to consider.[/QUOTE]
I totally forgot about the Move being an accessory. Awesomeness :D
...but will it really work on a pre-order??

[quote name='addone']I totally forgot about the Move being an accessory. Awesomeness :D
...but will it really work on a pre-order??[/QUOTE]
Worked for me last time. I always wait for these things to pre-order games, done it tens of times.

i'm hoping to grab some XBL point cards and possibly a Gold Card as its said to increase in price on Nov. 1st by another $10

[quote name='kyle071785']i'm hoping to grab some XBL point cards and possibly a Gold Card as its said to increase in price on Nov. 1st by another $10[/QUOTE]

I think it's only the states that's getting the $10 increase. You might want to look it up before you buy any.

The Canadian price of yearly XBLG memberships is not going up in Canada. We've been paying the higher prices for years and now the USA and other countries are catching up.

The November 1st price hike will only affect monthly payment plans in Canada.

Sadly, this probably means no more $30-$40 XBLG memberships from Amazon anymore :(

*Edit* Miche beat me to it, lol

ya I heard about the monthly CDN increase I just assumed the yearly price would increase as well (like everything in Canada)

something is wrong when people aren't taking every advantage of canadian consumers like usual...

[quote name='addone']I totally forgot about the Move being an accessory. Awesomeness :D
...but will it really work on a pre-order??[/QUOTE]
Lol, I looked up where the Kinect was listed under and it is under hardware so I'm guessing no discount on that. 20% off might have been enough to convince me to try it out.

Futureshop will also have a Labour Day Sale at the same time. I hope the same savings are available in-store so I don't have to wait for delivery.

[quote name='retro.elite']Futureshop will also have a Labour Day Sale at the same time. I hope the same savings are available in-store so I don't have to wait for delivery.[/QUOTE]

both the FS/BB sales for these deals are online only

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Futureshop is usually 10% off accessories.[/QUOTE]
For games like Halo Reach Limited and Legendary Editions FS currently still has stock. BB is all sold out before the sale, if I went for the standard I would go with BB with $10 off and 10% if it is in-stock on Sunday night.

[quote name='kyle071785']both the FS/BB sales for these deals are online only[/QUOTE]
Yeah that suck I saw it on futureshop.ca after the labour day sale site went live. Or FS has in-store pick-up option available NOT disabled like BB, FS has left that up in previous sales like fan appreciation sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know, since they're register-activated, PSN cards don't go on sale... so a store would have to specifically promo them (as sometimes happens with iTunes cards).

It's too bad they don't sell any as "packaged goods" like XBLA, but it's probably better for the bottom line.

PSN cards can only be bought in store so this sale wouldn't work for it. PSN cards are treated like gift cards.

So the 10% discount will stack with the $10 Halo Reach is already discounted? I'm not sure if I should cancel my current order to try :)

[quote name='SickBoy']As far as I know, since they're register-activated, PSN cards don't go on sale... so a store would have to specifically promo them (as sometimes happens with iTunes cards).

It's too bad they don't sell any as "packaged goods" like XBLA, but it's probably better for the bottom line.[/QUOTE]
I believe there's a non-register activated version of PSN cards, they sell them at smaller game stores or I think that Amazon sells those ones. They're white instead of black.

I thought the white cards are only the updated artwork for the PSN cards. Instead of the black cards with Warhawk, it's the PS3 slim on a white background. At least that what I've found when I bought the white cards from Walmart, which needed to be activated at the point of sale.

I think its been said already, but...

PSN cards don't go on sale because of tax being collected online as opposed to the register like XBL and Wii cards. Sony made a choice not to obfuscate the value of their online offerings like what Nintendo and Microsoft do. Since there is a monetary value being exchanged instead of points, its a giftcard. Gift card=no tax, so in essence they can never go on sale, ever.

[quote name='Mr.']I thought the white cards are only the updated artwork for the PSN cards. Instead of the black cards with Warhawk, it's the PS3 slim on a white background. At least that what I've found when I bought the white cards from Walmart, which needed to be activated at the point of sale.[/QUOTE]
Oh, cause I think BestBuy still sells the black ones. I don't know. I know that the local game place doesn't have any kind of computer and they sell the white ones. All they have is a debit/credit card machine.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I think its been said already, but...

PSN cards don't go on sale because of tax being collected online as opposed to the register like XBL and Wii cards. Sony made a choice not to obfuscate the value of their online offerings like what Nintendo and Microsoft do. Since there is a monetary value being exchanged instead of points, its a giftcard. Gift card=no tax, so in essence they can never go on sale, ever.[/QUOTE]

Never say never, although I don't think it'll ever happen. iTunes cards, which are handled in the exact same manner do and have gone on sale (Wal-Mart, London Drugs, and they're perpetually sold for less than face value at Costco).

[quote name='bs000']I just ordered some MS points, and it's giving 30% off instead of 20%.

$28.79 for 2800.[/QUOTE]Same thing for Wii points (actually 28% off). $48.79 after taxes for 6000 points. :applause:

They're stacking the 20% and the 10% which is why it's 28% off.

[quote name='bs000']I just ordered some MS points, and it's giving 30% off instead of 20%.

$28.79 for 2800.[/QUOTE]

ahahah as did I. God I hope they don't cancel it. I ordered 3 of the 2800's and am debating on getting more

Man Best Buy's site is slooooooooow. Took forever to sign into my account and get to the checkout, and now it's sitting spinning it's wheels not letting me actually complete my order - keep getting 'our servers cannot process your order at this time'. I'm ordering a couple points cards and a halo reach controller. I really hope they don't cancel it (if I can ever get it to submit!!), since irregardless of the weird extra 10% off, I was ordering these items.

Edit: Woohoo! Order complete! It took the 20+10% off the controller as well, which I didn't even notice before. Sweet!

I just realized that $28.79 isn't quite 30%. I think it did something liek give 20% off and then stacked 10% off on top of that. I hope they don't cancel either. Mine says checking availability.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Worked for me last time. I always wait for these things to pre-order games, done it tens of times.[/QUOTE]
Pre-ordered Move for $45.19...excellent :D

XBL 12 month cards down to $43 with that 30% discount screw-up

30% discount also applied to the new Reach headset (takes it to $39 instead of $54)

[quote name='Corizzle']I've had a gateway timeout three times trying to order just 2 of the 1400 MS points cards...[/QUOTE]

Same here, while doing this second order of a few movies to send to my sister's place. I hit 'checkout' and it either times out, or goes to the screen 'this page doesn't exist or is inaccessible at this time'.

Same here, both sites are just timing out and now if I even try to look at my cart it goes straight to the error screen. Dammit. I was able to order Move plus Sports Champions at BB a few minutes ago but I found out Sports is cheaper at FS.

[quote name='kyle071785']XBL 12 month cards down to $43 with that 30% discount screw-up

30% discount also applied to the new Reach headset (takes it to $39 instead of $54)[/QUOTE]

Tempting, especially with the price hike putting a cork in some of the crazier deals coming out of the US

Still not working, I'm going to try again later. I didn't want them to run out of stock on the couple of things I wanted but I'm not gonna waste my evening sitting here pressing reload to save $6.

Any luck. It was up a bit earlier than expected but I didn't get to the checkout screen until 9... when everything just slowed down.

Can't even click checkout anymore without getting the error processing message

[quote name='spzero']Any luck. It was up a bit earlier than expected but I didn't get to the checkout screen until 9... when everything just slowed down.

Can't even click checkout anymore without getting the error processing message[/QUOTE]
*nods* Same here. I can get to my cart, click checkout then it loads for 5 minutes and gives me an error. I ALMOST completed it once but it timed out on me.

the discounts are not even showing up for me at all even when i go to complete checkout then i got the processing error showing the time as 9:17 so im guessing thats when the system got hit with a million people trying to checkout

bread's done
Back