Best Buy making online PM policy permanent starting Mar. 3rd

I know it's been talked about before, but I just found out about it yesterday in the Vita thread. Thanks for posting.

Yeah, I guess it was good while it lasted for some folks, never got anywhere near Silver myself.

Price matching 60 days later must have gost them quite a bit of money. I remember when Amazon shut down their price matching, it sucked but I wasn't surprised. I'd price matched 1 game like 4 times with nothing more than an email.

So. no more price adjusting huh.,......

Two weeks is horrible. Costco has a 60 day return program. Despite paying to get in.
Every other store on this earth has a 30 day return period.

Am I missing something?
Isn't returns going to 15 days a huge change?
Wasn't it 30 days before and more for Silver?

[quote name='Zimmy']Am I missing something?
Wasn't it 30 days before and more for Silver?[/QUOTE]

If I'm reading the 1st post correctly, PMing after purchase will be the same for silver members until 4-19. After 4-19, PMing after purchase will be only 15 days. Returns/exchanges will still be 60 days after purchase for silver members.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I plan to test this today on a 360 wireless controller that Amazon has for $35.XX[/QUOTE]

I'm curious how easy it is to match amazon in store.

[quote name='Algertman']OH NO! Now everyone is sad they can't rip off Best Buy as easily.[/QUOTE]

lol, i was wondering why the 20$ certs was a great deal to people, now i can see why

^silvers can only pm Best Buy after purchase for 60 days until April 19th. After then it is 15 days to PM best buy with a 60 day return/exchange window.

Between the nuked trade-in values of games and this new "return" "price match" policy, Best Buy just lost about all of my business. There's still good deals to be had, but the window is a lot slimmer than before.

[quote name='PDJ']Between the nuked trade-in values of games and this new "return" "price match" policy, Best Buy just lost about all of my business. There's still good deals to be had, but the window is a lot slimmer than before.[/QUOTE]

Eh, they still get a lot of my business since they started PMing online retailers. I was able to get a Macbook Air with no tax, because I told the dude I would just get it on Amazon. That day was pretty awesome.

Well between the @Gamer coupons going south and the change to the PM policy...I see myself buying from Best Buy much less frequently. I don't fault them for the change...they are HEMORRHAGING money afterall...but that doesn't mean I'm going to keep spending money there.

Is this information really catching people off-guard? It's been out there for over 2 weeks already.

Post-purchase PMing certainly takes a major hit for all of us, but PMing major online retailers at the point of sale is nice (which is now permanent, "trial" phase before). Glad I am Silver so I have still have 60 days for returns.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Jesus Christ, the online PMing is not a new thing, people. The only thing that's changing are the after purchase PMing.[/QUOTE]

Actually they only just started officially doing it. Some stores were "testing it" before and there was no official policy so they often just outright denied people.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Eh, they still get a lot of my business since they started PMing online retailers. I was able to get a Macbook Air with no tax, because I told the dude I would just get it on Amazon. That day was pretty awesome.[/QUOTE]

That is a fluke, first off Amazon should charge you tax except for a handful of states and 2nd, Best Buy can't just decide to not charge you sales tax... they simply lowered the price for you.

[quote name='Zimmy']Am I missing something?
Wasn't it 30 days before and more for Silver?[/QUOTE]

It used to be 30 for returns/price adjustments for regular members, 60 for Silver. Silver members are obviously seeing the biggest change, 45 days less to price match post-purchase.

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']So. no more price adjusting huh.,......

Two weeks is horrible. Costco has a 60 day return program. Despite paying to get in.
Every other store on this earth has a 30 day return period.[/QUOTE]

Target and Walmart both have 90 day return periods, and though not their official policy if you went to Target and still had a valid receipt they would either let you return/rebuy (unlike Best Buy they don't put some magically determined return limit that will get you banned from doing returns) or adjust the price for you if you ask.

The time of purchase price match has expanded, officially, slightly. Expect tons of crap though when pricematching anything not a website for a local store despite the new policy. I had them try to add the price of two day shipping when I price matched kmart.com for Dead Space 3, despite it being available for free store pick-up. :roll:

The post-purchase price match policy (which is like 90% of the reason I have been a Best Buy advocate) has been significantly reduced (both in time and scope).

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Jesus Christ, the online PMing is not a new thing, people. The only thing that's changing are the after purchase PMing.[/QUOTE]

Post-purchase price match is a big reason a lot of people bought from Best Buy. I know I didn't buy from Best Buy for their glowing customer service.

[quote name='Dund3r']Is this information really catching people off-guard? It's been out there for over 2 weeks already.

Post-purchase PMing certainly takes a major hit for all of us, but PMing major online retailers at the point of sale is nice (which is now permanent, "trial" phase before). Glad I am Silver so I have still have 60 days for returns.[/QUOTE]
Not everyone reads as much of the CAG literature as some of us do.

Completely eliminating the ability to price match a competitor after the initial purchase is what really kills it for me.

As if price matching on a bestbuy.com order wasn't a big enough pain in the ass already. Now I have to do it at the time of purchase. I'm not even sure how I would do that.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']It used to be 30 for returns/price adjustments for regular members, 60 for Silver. Silver members are obviously seeing the biggest change, 45 days less to price match post-purchase. [/QUOTE]

All they are just going to make it harder for people to essentially get the same price, all you have to do is buy and return with the old receipt if silver members do get 60 days.

Anyone know how much time you have to pick up a game from pre-order? Would be nice if the window is within a week, as usually goHastings has been doing their $39.99 promos then, as well as other competitors lowering their price.

[quote name='Dund3r']Glad I am Silver so I have still have 60 days for returns.[/QUOTE]

I'm Silver too...but as I read this Silver will lose the 60-day price guarantee in April and have the same 15-day window as everybody else. Did I read the post incorrectly? If I still get the 60-day price guarantee then this isn't such a big deal. If I'm losing 45 days of guarantee...then this IS a big deal.

[quote name='Algertman']OH NO! Now everyone is sad they can't rip off Best Buy as easily.[/QUOTE]
Shut your fuck mouth

Stores try to beat each other by offering the best incentives to get people to buy the product at their establishment, that is NOT ripping anyone off.

[quote name='DarthVicious82']I'm Silver too...but as I read this Silver will lose the 60-day price guarantee in April and have the same 15-day window as everybody else. Did I read the post incorrectly? If I still get the 60-day price guarantee then this isn't such a big deal. If I'm losing 45 days of guarantee...then this IS a big deal.[/QUOTE]

I know, why would we originally get 2X the time for them to just limit us by 75%?

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Shut your fuck mouth

Stores try to beat each other by offering the best incentives to get people to buy the product at their establishment, that is NOT ripping anyone off.[/QUOTE]

That is true - but this change in BB policy is understandable - look just how volatile prices have become in the last year or so.

I think some publishers, Microsoft being the most prominent IMO, have figured out that rather than fight the used market with stupid crap like online passes it's better to use pricing. A month after release, new MS (and not EA games) are getting MSRP effectively lowered by 30%.

Price matching after 60 days was just an idiotic policy to begin with - be happy it lasted this long.

[quote name='Quagmilion']Anyone know how much time you have to pick up a game from pre-order? Would be nice if the window is within a week, as usually goHastings has been doing their $39.99 promos then, as well as other competitors lowering their price.[/QUOTE]

To get the RZ bonus points, one week from the release date. If you dont care about care, then whenever you feel like it.

I'm just gonna switch my whole BB strategy
Use my spending power & pm most TRU GCs & 2 for $50/2 for $70. $400-$600 at once for 12-18 games

at once should cover me. BB will have deals too but I will start to redbox too. My advice is to make.ur pms count on the spot & if you get burned on a huge sale return/rebuy.

I would still rather give my money to Amazon.

I hate that BestBuy scans your ID every time you return or price-adjust anything. Which then gets stored by BB and the 3rd Party Database who partners with other stores which flags people who return too much regardless of of why or what store you shop at. It is only a matter of time before your data is compromised, No thanks.

[quote name='DarthVicious82']I'm Silver too...but as I read this Silver will lose the 60-day price guarantee in April and have the same 15-day window as everybody else. Did I read the post incorrectly? If I still get the 60-day price guarantee then this isn't such a big deal. If I'm losing 45 days of guarantee...then this IS a big deal.[/QUOTE]

Is the post purchase price match initially extended for Reward Zone Premier Silver customers?

Yes. Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 60 day post purchase price match to Best Buy's prices for purchases that occur on or before April 18, 2013. Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 15 day post purchase price match to Best Buy's prices for purchases that occur on or after April 19, 2013.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...cmcat296900050018&ref=39&CJPID=1312731&loc=01

[quote name='BudzMcGee']
The time of purchase price match has expanded, officially, slightly. Expect tons of crap though when pricematching anything not a website for a local store despite the new policy. I had them try to add the price of two day shipping when I price matched kmart.com for Dead Space 3, despite it being available for free store pick-up. :roll:

The post-purchase price match policy (which is like 90% of the reason I have been a Best Buy advocate) has been significantly reduced (both in time and scope).[/QUOTE]

This is your experience at your store. I'd say it will be ymmv as it always is because at the two best buys near me I can price match places like the Blizzard store or Hastings (we have none within hours) without issues as long as they are credible places. And I live in NYC where they're usually fairly strict about it too.

[quote name='Layd Dly']I would still rather give my money to Amazon.

I hate that BestBuy scans your ID every time you return or price-adjust anything. Which then gets stored by BB and the 3rd Party Database who partners with other stores which flags people who return too much regardless of of why or what store you shop at. It is only a matter of time before your data is compromised, No thanks.[/QUOTE]
PMs can/should be done w/o ID but they need it for returns/exchanges since this helps with renters

Originally Posted by JaylisJayP
I plan to test this today on a 360 wireless controller that Amazon has for $35.XX
I'm curious how easy it is to match amazon in store.

It was actually very easy at the store I was at a couple months ago.

[quote name='skiizim']All they are just going to make it harder for people to essentially get the same price, all you have to do is buy and return with the old receipt if silver members do get 60 days.[/QUOTE]

This. I understand why they're doing this, but those who are dedicated will just buy the product from the cheaper place and then return it to BB, effectively denying them those sales.

bread's done
Back