Best Buy March Reward Zone Gamers Club Offers

Status
Not open for further replies.

donut

CAGiversary!
Feedback
111 (100%)
Coupons are up for March (thanks EvilIA)

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=20_OFFPlease before posting basic program "how it works" type of questions .....
Take a few minutes to sign up (free and simple) or if already signed up ... to familiarize yourself with the Best Buy Reward Zone/Gamer's Zone site.
It's very easy to navigate!
IF you have printer issues, BBuy has computer/printers set up for you to access your account and print coupons or reward zone certificates (I've done this many times at various locations...just ask and a staff member will point you to a pc to use)
[quote name='MrNEWZ']Sad note--- if you use BB gift cards on games (or Gamer or Reward Zone certificates), you don't get money spent towards the Gamer's Club (or points in Rewards Zone, but that is "known."). I always hate getting gift cards or points since I know I'll spend the money there on stuff. I always find myself sitting on the GCs or Certs until I can blow them on CDs, DVD blank media, BRD, or some random tech item I can't wait to have shipped to me... alas.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='MrNEWZ']A quick follow-up though, Rewards Certs OR Gift Cards do not impact BING CASHBACK at all. So, if you planning on using either, use BestBuy.com for in store pick up.
Yes, I am this sad that I have tested it. I got $4 cash back on an out of pocket (gift card) purchase of $3. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

I'm with a few other members, that the Endless Ocean 150 points starting Monday is a "most likely" buy.
I noticed all copies of Endless Ocean ($29.99) are bundled with wii speak ... a veteran staff member at BBuy believes the first shipment or two will have the wii speak included but in the near future it will be game only for $29.99. He noted this was just like wii Resort that original was bundled with 2 motion controller attachments and then only came with one.
BBuyMarch001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The coupon works, got 3 copies and some cookies to make it look a little less obvious (in my experience a balance of $0.00 is always a "call the manager over" situation). No questions asked on checkout, although the cashier did a double-take when she saw the coupon go through.

Got two at my local BB and may have to back to get a third. I want it for the Wii (Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, Dead Space, etc). But my kids want them just to play with. So instead of listening to them fight I may have to get a third. Best thing I found is just to buy some overpriced candy or something so the balance is above zero. Worked like a charm.

Wow, everyone is able to get in on this? Where are the hoarders and the SD/FW mobs? I just got back with my 3 and there were still 15+ sets at my BB. Frankly, I'm shocked that they are still in stock this late since this is actually a pretty good game with decent reviews.

Edit: I'm also shocked that this coupon is still alive. I mean, the Fairytale Fights coupon only last for a few hours.

Just scored 3 copies of about 25 they had. Might hit the other BB tomorrow or the same one again later in the week if noone catches on.

say hello to the bad guy... scored 12 total @ 2 BBs, traded in seven @ GS, three going to amazon, and two will be gifts. Between sudoku ball detec, fairytale fights, and this one I am sitting pretty. Left three in stock at one store and 20+ at another store.

Just picked up 3 had 6 left going back if this works tomorrow. Tried to trade one in at GameStop before they closed. Would not take it because it was still sealed. Just a heads up to open it all up before you try to trade.

[quote name='vrblknch']say hello to the bad guy... scored 12 total @ 2 BBs, traded in seven @ GS, three going to amazon, and two will be gifts. Between sudoku ball detec, fairytale fights, and this one I am sitting pretty. Left three in stock at one store and 20+ at another store.[/QUOTE]

geez..and i thought i looked like a douche walking up to the front of the store juggling 3 of em

The store only had 1 left. Going to another before they kill it. The box is pretty big, can't imagine people walking out with more than 3.

[quote name='Malik112099']geez..and i thought i looked like a douche walking up to the front of the store juggling 3 of em[/QUOTE]

There is no shame in the exploit. My guys recognize me and they know what time it is when I show up. BTW EVERY major appliance in my home ALSO came from BB, so I guess they figure I will head in one of two directions... to scoop up RWZ games, or to make another $$$$ purchase.

Do we honestly blieve corporate isn't aware? Accountability, no?

All this and health care reform as well. Today was a good day.

[quote name='vrblknch']There is no shame in the exploit. My guys recognize me and they know what time it is when I show up. BTW EVERY major appliance in my home ALSO came from BB, so I guess they figure I will head in one of twp directions... to scoop up RWZ games, or to make another $$$$ purchase.

Do we honestly blieve corporate isn't aware? Accountability, no?

All this and health care reform as well. Today was a good day.[/QUOTE]

Well, one out of two ain't bad!:booty::lol:

Said screw it, went back and picked up 3 plus Coraline on BR (yay!). Cashier said "Wow, they're free?" My parents have a Wii, maybe they'll take one hah.

Of course the one day I at least dont check CAG once ...and BAM! another BB deal .... seen the deal but was unable to get to BB until 7 (thought they stayed open till 9 on Sun too ) .... they were closing as i got to the door

Not sure if i can find time tomarrow to get in on it, if it isnt dead in the morning ....oh well there will be other BB RZ deals

It hasn't had a ton of views on SD because the thread title there says $19.99 on sale but the actual thread has people discussing they got the game for free, I'm sure if the thread was titled nerf n strike game with blaster free it would have hundreds of people looking at the thread at once

Ah, the free video game fairy strikes again. :D Remember how last time everyone bought the hell out of that rubbish sudoku game and people cried that the deal was dead forever? Remember the time before that, when everyone bought the hell out of that rubbish fairytale game and people cried that the deal was dead forever? Remember... you get the idea.

Got 3 total at Everett and Cambridge, MA stores just before closing - didn't see any others left at either location. I may check tomorrow to see if the coup still works, because THIS, THIS is one game where I can get enough copies to build a fort for myself pretty damn quickly!

Already tried one, the toy is good and the game is decent! #2 is going to my nephew, #3... dunno yet, but PAX is coming, maybe I'll just bring the guns to that.

Funny as it maybe, this could be my ticket to having gas money to get through the week! LOL ...I know GS gives even less for cash, but for around $5 - $10 cash I'm not complaining, considering that I'm broke until payday, & can't lose this job by not being able to get to work. Thank you PayPal for screwing me over & not releasing my funds! You dirty bastards!

Thanks a bunch OP.. thought I would miss out on this one since I went so late. Ended up with my copies tho :) They had more than I could count lining the shelves under 3 different isles.

I was actually rejected at a store. The cashier called a manager over as soon as she saw me walking up with the copies. I was shot down before she was even going to ring it up. They pointed out that the coupon couldn't be used as the games were on sale.

I picked up the last 3 at the Las Cruces, NM Best Buy. Traded 2 in at different GameStops and I think I might save the last gun to play with. Nerf guns are incredibly fun.

The BB employee's eyes got wide when she totaled it and she said it was the best deal she had ever seen. :)

Picked up three from bb in pentagon city. They had dozens left, goin back tomorrow to pick up three more. Had to go to three different gs to trade them in using the 30% plus 10% with ec. Got $14 bucks each at two gs, but one took the game only and got $8. In the end got $37 and some change.

-

Good deal, thanks, worked for me at a couple stores. One store had like two shelves of these things. I'm going to stop back tomorrow and try to get 3 more. I will unabashedly admit to hoarding with a possible b2g1 free sale at gamestop coming up. Need those creds.

The last Best Buy I stopped at has been the only cashier that ever gave me grief in the history of these deals. He rang it up and had the receipt then stopped and called "code 7" on his mic thing. He's sitting there and manager comes walking up and I know i'm in the clear because this guy was just standing outside smoking a cigarette chatting with friends, he looked like a really cool dude. Even had a fro like SAZH from FF13. Sure enough he looks at the coupon and says "yea, gamer zone, its cool" the cashier, which is just screaming at this point "suck up, sycophant, snitch douche guy that no one likes at work because he just tries to kiss ass to move up the all mighty retail work ladder" starts saying well yea, I just wanted to double check because you know its free and i'm just not sure and then cool-ass manager guy stops him and says "look, its cool, its gamer zone, they send these coupons out like this, its good" and he walks off. I could have sworn I caught a glimpse of a cape on his back as he got on his horse to ride off.

Thanks cool manager guy where ever you are. And douchey cashier guy, YOU SUCK!

[quote name='ponn01']Good deal, thanks, worked for me at a couple stores. One store had like two shelves of these things. I'm going to stop back tomorrow and try to get 3 more. I will unabashedly admit to hoarding with a possible b2g1 free sale at gamestop coming up. Need those creds.

The last Best Buy I stopped at has been the only cashier that ever gave me grief in the history of these deals. He rang it up and had the receipt then stopped and called "code 7" on his mic thing. He's sitting there and manager comes walking up and I know i'm in the clear because this guy was just standing outside smoking a cigarette chatting with friends, he looked like a really cool dude. Even had a fro like SAZH from FF13. Sure enough he looks at the coupon and says "yea, gamer zone, its cool" the cashier, which is just screaming at this point "suck up, sycophant, snitch douche guy that no one likes at work because he just tries to kiss ass to move up the all mighty retail work ladder" starts saying well yea, I just wanted to double check because you know its free and i'm just not sure and then cool-ass manager guy stops him and says "look, its cool, its gamer zone, they send these coupons out like this, its good" and he walks off. I could have sworn I caught a glimpse of a cape on his back as he got on his horse to ride off.

Thanks cool manager guy where ever you are. And douchey cashier guy, YOU SUCK![/QUOTE]

Don't get angry at the guy. You just got 3 copies of a game for free. He probably was worried he did something wrong so he wanted to get his manager just to be safe. You can't blame him for wanting to make sure his job is safe.

For those people who were able to get a $9 trade in at gamestop, what did you tell the cashier? I just traded one in and got only a $6 base credit and they couldn't find the blaster in the system either. Any help would appreciated.

[quote name='ponn01']Good deal, thanks, worked for me at a couple stores. One store had like two shelves of these things. I'm going to stop back tomorrow and try to get 3 more. I will unabashedly admit to hoarding with a possible b2g1 free sale at gamestop coming up. Need those creds.

Thanks cool manager guy where ever you are. And douchey cashier guy, YOU SUCK![/QUOTE]

Sounds like the beginning of FFXV possibly? ;)

[quote name='viernes3am5']For those people who were able to get a $9 trade in at gamestop, what did you tell the cashier? I just traded one in and got only a $6 base credit and they couldn't find the blaster in the system either. Any help would appreciated.[/QUOTE]

When I called GS to ask what the TIV would be, the guy said they'd just have to use a generic standard Wii Zapper SKU for trade in.

[quote name='viernes3am5']For those people who were able to get a $9 trade in at gamestop, what did you tell the cashier? I just traded one in and got only a $6 base credit and they couldn't find the blaster in the system either. Any help would appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. The game doesn't scan so they have to search for it. You got the value for the first Nerf game. The second one, which is the one you got today, is something like $8 plus extras.

[quote name='UberSwiss']Don't get angry at the guy. You just got 3 copies of a game for free. He probably was worried he did something wrong so he wanted to get his manager just to be safe. You can't blame him for wanting to make sure his job is safe.[/QUOTE]

I'm not at all "push over magazine rack" mad. Just making the observation the guy was being a douche. And he was because even after the manager said it was cool he was STILL going on about it till the manager had to tell him AGAIN it was ok and just let it go.

Sounds like the beginning of FFXV possibly?

HELLZ YEA!!!

Cool BB manager can be SAZH with hotrod car laying the smack down on douche wannabes and I can be Palom, or is it Porum? Oh hell, I need someone to be Porum.

OK. I didn't get as greedy as the FTF and SBD coupon, but I got three of the Wii N-Strike bundles for absolutely nothing.

I even told the clerk that they were going to ring up as free after the coupon and she was like 'that's nuts'. The one employee who knows me from seeing me coming up there for penny guides was in electronics when I was looking for the three sets I grabbed.

If you don't see the bundles in the Wii section(they'll be on a lower shelf by the other bundles), then check by the demo section, where they have big HDtvs hooked up with game consoles, for games if your store has one, since they literally had 3 shelves FULL of these bundles stacked about 7-10 deep with 3 rows side by side on the 3 shelves(probably around 30+ bundles).

I'll probably give the blasters to my buddies' nieces as well as one copy of the game and the other two will go to GS.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mike Toole']Ah, the free video game fairy strikes again. :D Remember how last time everyone bought the hell out of that rubbish sudoku game and people cried that the deal was dead forever? Remember the time before that, when everyone bought the hell out of that rubbish fairytale game and people cried that the deal was dead forever? Remember... you get the idea.

[/QUOTE]

^ THIS! :bouncy:

[quote name='Ronin317']It's good to finally put a face with a name- nice to meet you. It was amusing, I got to the register, and Spooge is already there with 3 NERF boxes, and here I am with 3, and the cashier is looking at him and then me like "WTF?".

Promptly went to Gamestop...same deal as some others. Anyone that's having trouble with the Gun trade-in, give them the SKU below.
SKU - game - values
917707 Nerf 2: N-Strike (Game only) $8.75 + $2.62 promo + $.88 edge = $12.25
900726 Wii Zapper/Blaster $5.75 + $.58 edge = $6.33

Total = $18.58 in trade. Didn't even need the printed coupon, just showed them the email on my phone.[/QUOTE]

Anyone that has done this, would you say its just better to take everything out of the box and just go up with the game alone and the gun and say here are the SKU's? I mean just already have them seperate to avoid any confusion or arguments?

oh well I will def go back and check tomorrow. I guess I just found a solo one hoping it was just at the end. Hoping I go in tomorrow and there are tons, I would love to grab 3 to get some cred for gamestop deals coming up. Thanx CAG, let's hope this deal isn't dead. On the one I got and traded in, just open the box and make sure everything is opened up. You trade in the gun as a generic wii zapper and the game w the coupon. I messed up and got the tiv for nerfstrike 1 so make sure you get nerfstrike 2 , it's only $4 diff. so by the time I got home and noticed it it was no big deal.

[quote name='Velo214']oh well I will def go back and check tomorrow. I guess I just found a solo one hoping it was just at the end. Hoping I go in tomorrow and there are tons, I would love to grab 3 to get some cred for gamestop deals coming up. Thanx CAG, let's hope this deal isn't dead. On the one I got and traded in, just open the box and make sure everything is opened up. You trade in the gun as a generic wii zapper and the game w the coupon. I messed up and got the tiv for nerfstrike 1 so make sure you get nerfstrike 2 , it's only $4 diff. so by the time I got home and noticed it it was no big deal.[/QUOTE]

How do get them to take it in as Nerfstrike 2 because on the case it only says Nerfstrike and there's no "2" anywhere?

[quote name='brahma_bull_boy']Picked up three from bb in pentagon city. They had dozens left, goin back tomorrow to pick up three more. Had to go to three different gs to trade them in using the 30% plus 10% with ec. Got $14 bucks each at two gs, but one took the game only and got $8. In the end got $37 and some change.

-[/QUOTE]

That was my 1st BB, I got 3 at that one too.

2nd, got 5, cleaned them out

3rd, got shut down, so sad, they had 17 copies

4th, hit the motherload
**BEST BEST BUY EXPERIENCE of all time**

After my 2nd successful trip through the cashiers.
1st BB employee: Back for 3rds eh?
me: yeah, lol
1st: good, get rid of them all
me: finished clearing the shelf
2nd employee: we got more
1st and me: WHERE?
2nd: over there, let me show you
1st: really? I'll help

As we 3 got to the spot, a kids grabs 3 with coupon in hand.

He sees my cart piled high, opens mouth and eyes in wonderment
Kid: HOW?

lol, sigh I too was a noob once

Come on dudes. Today is a short store day. You pick up the games today and got trade in crazy tomorrow so the TIV doesn't drop like a stone.

I hope its still good TIV tomorrow.

Keep in mind, if BB starts feeling obnoxious, they've occasionally (key word: occasionally) suspended people's RZ accounts for coupon abuse... so before everyone runs out and buys 20, buying 3+ *can* cause your account to be reviewed/suspended.

I'm not saying it WILL or it's LIKELY but it CAN happen.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Funny as it maybe, this could be my ticket to having gas money to get through the week! LOL ...I know GS gives even less for cash, but for around $5 - $10 cash I'm not complaining, considering that I'm broke until payday, & can't lose this job by not being able to get to work. Thank you PayPal for screwing me over & not releasing my funds! You dirty bastards![/QUOTE]

And this is why I refuse to get a Paypal account(aside from the fees bs). Cash and USPS money orders are just SO much easier to deal with imo.

[quote name='nixmahn']That was my 1st BB, I got 3 at that one too.

2nd, got 5, cleaned them out

3rd, got shut down, so sad, they had 17 copies

4th, hit the motherload
**BEST BEST BUY EXPERIENCE of all time**

After my 2nd successful trip through the cashiers.
1st BB employee: Back for 3rds eh?
me: yeah, lol
1st: good, get rid of them all
me: finished clearing the shelf
2nd employee: we got more
1st and me: WHERE?
2nd: over there, let me show you
1st: really? I'll help

As we 3 got to the spot, a kids grabs 3 with coupon in hand.

He sees my cart piled high, opens mouth and eyes in wonderment
Kid: HOW?

lol, sigh I too was a noob once[/QUOTE]

So how many did you get in total? Just curious.

[quote name='Justin42']Keep in mind, if BB starts feeling obnoxious, they've occasionally (key word: occasionally) suspended people's RZ accounts for coupon abuse... so before everyone runs out and buys 20, buying 3+ *can* cause your account to be reviewed/suspended.

I'm not saying it WILL or it's LIKELY but it CAN happen.[/QUOTE]

That's why I didn't get more than the limit of 3 per 1 coupon. I don't want my account to get closed because I am premier silver.

[quote name='Mike Toole']Ah, the free video game fairy strikes again. :D Remember how last time everyone bought the hell out of that rubbish sudoku game and people cried that the deal was dead forever? Remember the time before that, when everyone bought the hell out of that rubbish fairytale game and people cried that the deal was dead forever? Remember... you get the idea.[/QUOTE]

ZOMG HOARDER!?!?!?!?! You has killed das Best Buy coupon glitch for all of time. Ye shall burn in hell for your transgressions, evil wretch.

Something along those lines?:lol:

I still have like 6 of the Sudoku games actually. I've been using them to pad my trade numbers for tiered trades at GS and elsewhere, though it only gets $1 there now.:cry: I tried giving them away for shipping costs for a while, but I suppose people wanted me to pay for shipping them to them.:roll:

[quote name='JNKryo']So how many did you get in total? Just curious.[/QUOTE]

why, you the asian kid I ran into, lol

or

.>
whispers: a BB employee?

[quote name='nixmahn']why, you the asian kid I ran into, lol

or

.>
whispers: a BB employee?[/QUOTE]

LOL, just curious if you got enough to build a fort (as someone earlier in this thread wanted to do).

[quote name='Mike Toole']Ah, the free video game fairy strikes again. :D Remember how last time everyone bought the hell out of that rubbish sudoku game and people cried that the deal was dead forever? Remember the time before that, when everyone bought the hell out of that rubbish fairytale game and people cried that the deal was dead forever? Remember... you get the idea.[/QUOTE]

And you remember back before people picked up 30 copies, how a deal would last more than a few hours, allowing a lot more CAGs to benefit? :applause::booty:

It's not all black and white. I'm glad this one has lasted longer.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer'] ZOMG HOARDER!?!?!?!?! You has killed das Best Buy coupon glitch for all of time. Ye shall burn in hell for your transgressions, evil wretch.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually liking the way the mood seems much more festive this time around. I think it helps that this deal hasn't exploded all over FW/SD, so there's less resentment over "outsiders" making swoops for deals.

I still have several of those Sudokus. I've been throwing them on eBay for $0.99 with free shipping and have been getting $8-10 each. Works out to $5-6 after fees, but that's still a hell of a lot better than the $1 they fetch at PawnStop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back