Best Buy Media Prices February 27 - March 5, 2011

Jason28

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
$49.99:
Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy (includes free movie ticket to Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides)

$24.99:
127 Hours
Love & Other Drugs
Megamind

$22.99:
Bambi (collectible lunchbox is $4.99 with purchase, $9.99 without)

$19.99:
Burlesque
Faster

credit goes to TLK @ BR.com

[quote name='token2k6']any coupons for Bambi? any pics for the lunch box? I'm heading to google![/QUOTE]

$10 coupon on disneymovierewards.com

[quote name='Penguin1084']alright so no $19.99 bambi... sad. But at least amazon will most likely match the $22.99 price!

thanks op![/QUOTE]

Wait for TRU. They accidentally set the price of the blu at 19.99 when they added it to their site a while back. They then set it to full MSRP (folks on this forum had already pointed out the 19.99 price). More than likely that's their price. The below is from the coupon thread.

[quote name='junglalien']TRU has Bambi at $19.99
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10962263

EDIT: [FONT=Verdana, Arial]TRU raised it to $29.99[/FONT][/QUOTE]

I predict 9.99 at TRU after coupon and a huge headache for people trying to get that extra $5 back from their shipped Amazon orders. Also, isn't there a Tangled pre-order than can be used to take another $5 off of Bambi at TRU?

[quote name='typical guy']I predict 9.99 at TRU after coupon and a huge headache for people trying to get that extra $5 back from their shipped Amazon orders. Also, isn't there a Tangled pre-order than can be used to take another $5 off of Bambi at TRU?[/QUOTE]What $5 are you talking about? Amazon has it currently at $24.99 and they're going to match either BB or Target when they post it online for $22.99, so anyone that has it pre-ordered will get the $22.99 when Amazon makes the price adjustment, a difference of $2. If anyone has it with the coupon discount, it'll be $12.99 AC.

It's their pre-order price guarantee that will come into play here, assuming Amazon drops the price to $22.99 before the end of the day on Tuesday, which is just about guaranteed.

[quote name='shrike4242']What $5 are you talking about? Amazon has it currently at $24.99 and they're going to match either BB or Target when they post it online for $22.99, so anyone that has it pre-ordered will get the $22.99 when Amazon makes the price adjustment, a difference of $2. If anyone has it with the coupon discount, it'll be $12.99 AC.

It's their pre-order price guarantee that will come into play here, assuming Amazon drops the price to $22.99 before the end of the day on Tuesday, which is just about guaranteed.[/QUOTE]

Tru has one of those preorder cards for tangled. 5 dollar deposit and get 5 off a movie now. In the past people had problems with amazon because they ship the movie before the price is dropped.

[quote name='Jason28']$22.99:
Bambi (collectible lunchbox is $4.99 with purchase, $9.99 without)[/QUOTE]
LMAO, does it include venison?

[quote name='typical guy']Tru has one of those preorder cards for tangled. 5 dollar deposit and get 5 off a movie now. In the past people had problems with amazon because they ship the movie before the price is dropped.[/QUOTE]I'm not sure I follow how a TRU pre-order promotion applies to Amazon.

Assuming your logic follows through, you'd be getting Bambi at TRU for $29.99 - $5 discount - $10 coupon = $14.99 + tax. Is that right?

[quote name='shrike4242']I'm not sure I follow how a TRU pre-order promotion applies to Amazon.

Assuming your logic follows through, you'd be getting Bambi at TRU for $29.99 - $5 discount - $10 coupon = $14.99 + tax. Is that right?[/QUOTE]

Here's my logic:
19.99 - 10 coupon - 5 preorder = 4.99
The starting price is the price I'm assuming they'll use based on their pricing mistake when they first listed the movie on their site. Since TRU generally has a competitive release week price I'm pretty sure they'll have this one for 19.99. I could be very wrong in which case I'll buy it at Target or Best Buy. I canceled my Amazon pre-order because I don't want to have to deal with customer service to get my price match discount since they'll be shipping these the day before release (as in the past). It's just not worth the hassle to me.

Obviously it's just conjecture and if there isn't a good price at TRU, BB or Target would have the best price. Amazon price match would be acceptable if you got in on their coupon and don't mind the hassle of contacting them enough times to find someone that will give you a "one time exception".

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='typical guy']Wait for TRU. They accidentally set the price of the blu at 19.99 when they added it to their site a while back. They then set it to full MSRP (folks on this forum had already pointed out the 19.99 price). More than likely that's their price. The below is from the coupon thread.
[/QUOTE]

That wasn't accidental. They sent an e-mail saying to pre-order Bambi on Blu-ray for $19.99 for a limited time back then.

[quote name='ElBlueGuey']That wasn't accidental. They sent an e-mail saying to pre-order Bambi on Blu-ray for $19.99 for a limited time back then.[/QUOTE]

I can affirm this.. I got the same email from. Lol I didnt even ask them about Bambi either! who's buying this movie anymore? Meh i guess you could argue its a classic

[quote name='Raven6009']For anyone interested in these 2 they're cheaper on BB.com. They're $22.99 each and you get another $10 off when you buy both. I would buy online and select store pickup to avoid getting them to match this in the store.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat233400050002&type=category

Also I just checked the TRU ad and Bambi is selling for $26.99.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, but I still think $18+tax a piece is too much for either of those movies.

M

Haven't bought the Pirates Blu-rays yet, so this seems like a great chance to get it since it even comes with a free movie ticket of a movie I WILL see in theaters. Before I pick it up, was wondering if there were any coupons at all for this to knock the already good price down a lil?

In the ad today it says that bambi is 12.99 after coupon, gave the address. So if OP can update this to 12.99 might help some folks out. I figure that's where I'll get it.

In the ad I noticed that if you preorder select titles (Black Swan, Fighter, True Grit and King's Speech) with $5 down you can get $5 off of another BR or DVD.

The fine print says "Discounted movie must be priced $5 or greater. Offer valid 2/27/2011-3/5/2011. $5 pre-order deposit required. Offer is not valid with other discounts, special bonuses, free offers or promotions. Offer good while supplies last. Void where prohibited."

It might be YMMV but you might be able to preorder a title and get Bambi for 12.99 with the manufacturers coupon and get an additional $5 off from the preorder and then cancel the preorder. I'm atleast going to give it a shot, the worst they can do is say no.

100_1994.jpg

100_1993.jpg

Got my BBY trilogy! It is huge.

Just got back from BB. I got Bambi for 7.99 + tax. I picked up Bambi and a True Grit preorder which gives $5 off on any BR/DVD purchase. I used the $10 coupon and the $5 off instant to get it for 12.99 + tax and then after the transaction I went to customer service to cancel the preorder and got my $5 deposit back for True Grit. So in the end it ended up being 7.99 + tax.

Still can't believe people were crying about the Burlesque Corset packing. I mean common people. I understand that it's a family place but they could have at least put them in the back and then sold them online. It was a cool collectible because it was like the D9 one.:bomb:

It is now rumored the Best Buy corporate may be telling their stores to pull the upcoming release of "Jackass 3D" and any other movies associated with this name due to pressure from the ASPCA and certain animal rights groups due to the demeaning nature towards donkeys... And people who do stupid stunts.

whoa, if that rumor is true, its probably too late..like the whole Ed Wood fiasco..you will probably be able to find them day one, then when they are gone, they're gone..

that is crazy, had no intention of picking up Jackass 3D (saw it in the theatre..eh..) but now I just might have to if it could become 'rare'

For anyone who took my "Jackass" comment seriously it was just my wise-ass and sarcastic way of expressing my distaste lately with Best Buy after their latest debacle with the "Burlesque" exclusive.

[quote name='Taco5']For anyone who took my "Jackass" comment seriously it was just my wise-ass and sarcastic way of expressing my distaste lately with Best Buy after their latest debacle with the "Burlesque" exclusive.[/QUOTE]

ha! I got you man, I had a sneaking suspicion you were trollin' then I saw the Consumerist article over the Burlesque deal and was like, duh!

I wonder if any lucky shoppers were able to get one. Come to think of it, I didn't see it when I went to get Bambi. Wonder how much they are going for on eBay..

[quote name='token2k6']ha! I got you man, I had a sneaking suspicion you were trollin' then I saw the Consumerist article over the Burlesque deal and was like, duh!

I wonder if any lucky shoppers were able to get one. Come to think of it, I didn't see it when I went to get Bambi. Wonder how much they are going for on eBay..[/QUOTE]

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-BURLESQUE-B...?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item19c3a4d3db

I bet you wish you picked one up now.;)

Aside from screwing up and forgetting to use the Bambi coupon originally (then having to go back and dealing with the idiot at the CS desk who took 15 minutes before realizing he needed to do a return/rebuy *facepalm*) I got a copy of it today at the local Best Buy for $14.60 ($12.99 + tax on $22.99 *sadface*).

Pretty good deal since my mom wanted a DVD copy so that my nephews could see it, and I just wanted at least one blu-ray movie to use on my shiny new player.

bread's done
Back