Best Buy now 100% price match

nabuch

CAGiversary!
Best Buy is now matching everyone's prices, even on-line only. To prove my point, they have a Rocketfish 4 way HDMI switch for $103, but they will match Amazon's $40 price. I bought a Sony receiver worth $250, which was $240 at HHGregg, for the Amazon price of $212.00. The guy even looked it up for me, as I was just trying to match HHGregg.

If you have any problems with this, just tell them Kent from the Florence store in Northern Kentucky said that they are matching all prices anywhere. I don't know about you, but this makes BB my number one go to store.

[quote name='nabuch']If you have any problems with this, just tell them Kent from the Florence store in Northern Kentucky said that they are matching all prices anywhere. I don't know about you, but this makes BB my number one go to store.[/QUOTE]

:)

It's great if true and followed by all stores, but I've had price-matching experiences at BB where one store would do it and not another and even different rules between managers at the same store.

Is this YMMV? I'm skeptical, but hope it's true. I'll wait for the official announcement...

... somebody better let the other stores know - not just northern kentucky. I wish this was 100% true but i get nothing but dumb stares, requests for flyers and sorry we do price matching but i can't do that because insert excuse here everytime i try to match walmart target kmart sears etc.

only time will tell i suppose.

orly.gif

[quote name='nabuch']If you have any problems with this, just tell them Kent from the Florence store in Northern Kentucky said that they are matching all prices anywhere.[/QUOTE]
Congrats to Kent on the promotion to CEO :applause:

sounds extremely ymmv - i'm a little disappointed that someone who has been here since mar 2010 wouldn't disclose that in the title nor in their post, and instead give us all false hopes.

Yeah, I bet it's ymmv. It's great for the OP but I have a BB store that still won't take games without UPCs for trade. SMH. I doubt they'll match anyone online.

This is somewhat true. I was at a Best Buy last weekend in downers grove Illinois and the employees said they were matching amazons prices online all day long. I was kinda shocked but I guess this could be happening every day now.

Kent must be a boss if he doesn't even need a last name. I will try this later. I can just see the fear in the BB employee's eyes now as I begin to utter the sacred word "Kent"

Hmmm, it wouldn't be too farfetched now that I've seen my store checking prices online for a PM before. Usually it's for a local ad though, but perhaps they're expanding now that Amazon is matching their prices regularly.

Gives you the option at least if you want RZ points vs paying tax in some states. I like being able to inspect the product first personally because Amazon has a track record of shipping in poor packaging and sending damaged goods.

[quote name='Vader582']Yeah, I bet it's ymmv. It's great for the OP but I have a BB store that still won't take games without UPCs for trade. SMH. I doubt they'll match anyone online.[/QUOTE]

Just do a disc only trade than.

This isnt the first claim about this though. There are random people stating the same thing from different parts of the country in various threads on the forum. There are also a coyple of online articles claiming the same thing.

Given the fact that i still have to complain at my store to get them to even do their own web site i cant see this happening myself.

[quote name='karkyco']Oh well if Kent from the Florence store in Northern Kentucky said so...[/QUOTE]
:lol: @ both this statement AND that uhhh interesting sig of yours.:rofl:

But if this is true and they're matching online prices and it doesn't matter from who, then Imma make myself a lil website and put everything at $1 including big ass HDtv's. Let's see what excuse they come up with for that.;)

As for whether or not they'll match Amazon, they've been doing so at my closest store for over a year now.

I think Kent is a liar, and was actually trying to make you happy enough to get you to ask him out on a date. You need to buy Kent dinner, op. That's all Kent wants.

According to the Best Buy employee friend I asked, it is now allowed within reason and by manager discretion. Universal exclusions are no Lightning Deals, Deal of the Day, Marketplace, Clearance or Limited Stock prices so if it says "Hurry only x amount in stock" they aren't supposed to match. Item must be in stock and available for One Day Shipping. But pretty much it leaves it open to denial by managers for any reason.

Best bet would be post on the Best Buy forums to get the official terms from one of the reps on there. The reps are always great, other CAGs can attest to that (I see many on there.)

Employees did receive an email about it apparently.

[quote name='GBAstar']I'll wait until this is in print somewhere... if true it's great though.[/QUOTE]

Buy It Now with Confidence
Best Buy will match the price if you find a lower price on an identical available product at a local retail competitor's store, a local Best Buy retail store or BestBuy.com. Simply let us know when you are making your purchase or during the return and exchange period.

The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' website prices, offers that include financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, competitors' service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, Deal of the Day items, BestBuy.com Midnight Sale and special hour sale events, BestBuy.com Outlet Center and Marketplace items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving.

so still not official. or they are lazy, really either is an option.

[quote name='Vader582']Yeah, I bet it's ymmv. It's great for the OP but I have a BB store that still won't take games without UPCs for trade. SMH. I doubt they'll match anyone online.[/QUOTE]

as someone else said, just do game only, i have done this with many games and no issues, no loss of credit either.

[quote name='ferant316']According to the Best Buy employee friend I asked, it is now allowed within reason and by manager discretion. Universal exclusions are no Lightning Deals, Deal of the Day, Marketplace, Clearance or Limited Stock prices so if it says "Hurry only x amount in stock" they aren't supposed to match. Item must be in stock and available for One Day Shipping. But pretty much it leaves it open to denial by managers for any reason.

Best bet would be post on the Best Buy forums to get the official terms from one of the reps on there. The reps are always great, other CAGs can attest to that (I see many on there.)

Employees did receive an email about it apparently.[/QUOTE]

this is good news if true. its always technically been an option, its in their pos system.

[quote name='ryuk1214']If my friend is willing to sell me his xbox 360 for $5 will best buy price match that?[/QUOTE]

yes.

You see... "Kent" is the secret password. This is all part of the Freemason's secret underground electronics retail enterprise. When they take you to the basement interrogation room, and ask "Where's the southern nightingale?" make sure to reply "from the Florence store in Northern Kentucky." Otherwise, you lose an eye.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I can attest to the laziness of BB to update their own policies online, as detailed here in their trade-in FAQ they still list 3 copies per title per platform for game titles for trade-in. However, some stores have set lower limits for games, so that policy is out of date or inaccurate when talking about individual stores.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/null/null/pcmcat257100050022.c?id=pcmcat257100050022&h=488[/QUOTE]

i have actually called them out on this. its a manager request, not a policy. i know what you are saying though.

one store tried to tell me this, i said policy online states this they argued a little bit then they tried it and found out they were wrong. obviously this is ymmv. no store can trump corporate policy. i have had this arguement too many times. with the store, not iatcg.

Use to work for best buy. I believe each store is different I know the one I worked for would price match prices from competitors around the area even local shops. For amazon they would price match if it was sold by amazon and shipped by them. Also they would match online prices with stores along as it wasn't sold out. It doesn't hurt to ask to price math. You would be surprised.

i have been told multiple times by several employees at my BB store that they will PM any store or online store except Ebay and the item has to be in stock at said store. this includes amazon

bread's done
Back