Best Buy Now Sells old school games! cheap

man, old school games kick ass compared to the new games. I really hope more BB stores start this, i was kind of pissed when EB and GS phased out all their old games.

[quote name='rally9x']any place in Minnesota doing this?[/quote]

Since Minnesota is where Best Buy was started, I imagine they're doing it somewhere. Of course, MN has TONS of Best Buys. I used to live there, and have visited no less than 5 in the metro area -- including a tiny one that was one of the first BBs.

My best buy has Atari and Coleco Vision games.... only $1.99! They were right next to the sign that says buy one hooker get a threesome for free! :shock:

Okay I see a receipt now so I take it back.... I guess I will check Best Buy today... I'm suprised they would want to get into this market. It is time consuming for them to take merchandise in and then test it and resell it.

I doubt any stores in the Nashville area are doing this. I don't want to make a 30 minute drive to check. It's a great idea, though. They'd be the only ones locally here to sell used SNES, NES, etc.. it'd be great.

If they had SegaCD games, I'd stock up.

The La Times recently ran a business piece about how huge the used DVD business has become. The reasons apply just as well to games.

does anyone know if they are doing this in Michigan

also they buy used games from people? and give them a gift card in return? So if they are selling them for 2.99 they must give you like a dime for each game unless they are like gamerush and give you 2.50, lol.

[quote name='Scorch']I doubt any stores in the Nashville area are doing this. I don't want to make a 30 minute drive to check. It's a great idea, though. They'd be the only ones locally here to sell used SNES, NES, etc.. it'd be great.

If they had SegaCD games, I'd stock up.[/quote]
No way, man - there's that game store in Hickory Hollow near CC, they sell oldschool stuff. Unless they closed and I don't know about it... And then there's Digital Planet down in Murfreesboro. There are probably more that I can't think of right now.

Either way, I'll go ahead and check out my BB today.

[quote name='snakeeyez101']FYI anyone lookin for N64, DC, NES, or Snes Games, check out your local best but , theyre priced 2.99 to 9.99$ check it out.[/quote]

Odd, i don't have a best but around my house ;-)

Oh, I can confirm this shizzle, however I can only confirm the deal to be at the same store as the OP. I know he already posted the receipt, but oh well, I thought I would strengthen the claim. By the way, I picked up sonic adventure (DC) for $4.99 (I know, no big deal) and nfl street (GC) for $9.99.

[quote name='thegamer4787']Oh, I can confirm this shizzle, however I can only confirm the deal to be at the same store as the OP. I know he already posted the receipt, but oh well, I thought I would strengthen the claim. By the way, I picked up sonic adventure (DC) for $4.99 (I know, no big deal) and nfl street (GC) for $9.99.[/quote] Damn Good Deal On Nfl Street

Holy crap. Jaguar, Saturn, and 32X games? :shock:

It sounds like they've got a good selection for consoles...but what about handhelds? Anything for the Game Boy? How about GBC or GBA games? Maybe even *gasp* Game Gear games?

If Best Buy starts selling used Game Gear games, they'll have a customer for life. I've got about three for the poor neglected handheld, and I'd love to get a few more, if only for my collection...

One more question: it's a long shot, but do the games come with any of the original packaging or manuals? The game being intact is the most important by far, but the paper elements would be nice too. :D

Sorry man, I only saw one 32x game, and the rest were N64, PS1, DC, Genesis, Super Nes, Nes, and some GC/PS2/XBOX games. I wish they had some sega cd games and even some gamegear stuff, but oh well maybe in the future. Oh, and some games are complete, mostly for the newer consoles, no N64 games were complete, I don't think any NES were but the vast majority of the genesis if not all were complete. I guess everyone was much more likely to hold onto the hard cases and not the cardboard N64/SNES cases.

[quote name='swick'][quote name='Scorch']I doubt any stores in the Nashville area are doing this. I don't want to make a 30 minute drive to check. It's a great idea, though. They'd be the only ones locally here to sell used SNES, NES, etc.. it'd be great.

If they had SegaCD games, I'd stock up.[/quote]
No way, man - there's that game store in Hickory Hollow near CC, they sell oldschool stuff. Unless they closed and I don't know about it... And then there's Digital Planet down in Murfreesboro. There are probably more that I can't think of right now.

Either way, I'll go ahead and check out my BB today.[/quote]

Okay, well.. I don't go to that store by CC. I went there once.. it sucked pretty bad. Down here by DP (which is HORRIBLE if you're looking for old games.. they still want $30 for True Crime, but newer games are like $42), in the section with Wal-Mart, there's a store called GameTrader I think (it's in the same place with Smoothie Bear or so.. in a little shopping center).. they have reasonably priced older games. Not bad. Just carts, not usually box+instructions.

There's another store here in M'Boro that's selling things like a complete copy of Killer Instinct on SNES for 6 bucks.. and Mario Kart on SNES complete (and in mint condition as well) for 12..

[quote name='Gameboy415']Anyone check the Chicago area BBs (North Ave/Clark St) yet?[/quote]
went there yesterday and didn't see anything

Bloody.... That'd be absolutely strange if this was true! My Best Buy doesn't even stock next-gen games like Disgaea and Viewtiful Joe, just mainly the mainstream ones.

I went to Best Buy and they had some old school games like ESPN Football 2K5 but not much else.

Wow, I stand corrected!
I know the Best Buy here doesn't have the trade in program, yet.
Hopefully it will soon.
I'd like to get more Sega CD games as well. There's only 1 store around here that buys any type of game, even Atari, but not Sega CD!

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='Rozz']I went to Best Buy and they had some old school games like ESPN Football 2K5 but not much else.[/quote]

old school...2K5?[/quote]

I found the batteries for your sarcasm detector like you asked.

As of Now, there are only 6 BB stores in the country (says the Guy at the counter there) that sell old school games. SO there got to be 1 in each major area. Orland park, Illinois is a suburb of Chicago. NY, CA should have one.

Hmm... anyone found one in the NY or NJ area yet? I'm going to try and go to some as soon as possible, but it'd be nice to know where I shouldn't bother.

[quote name='snakeeyez101']k heres my receipt. Even Though it says N64, the games i got were Snes and Genesis..... what does B& M and YMMV yea im a noobie....
snakeeyez101-NES.jpg
[/quote]

The one in Orland Park? Perfect ill be there. So i can sell them games too?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']When do the BBs start sending out the old games.?[/quote]

When will BB start carrying new games longer than 2 months? It seems when any game is nearing a price drop, they all suddenly disappear from BB shelves. The most popular answer I get from them is "We only carry popular games people play". Yeah, and Big Muther Truckers is one of those titles.

[quote name='bobo2k4']
The one in Orland Park? Perfect ill be there. So i can sell them games too?[/quote]

You can but u aint getting much. Try old cell phones, old Portable CD players old computers and pda's. Better luck there.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']As of Now, there are only 6 BB stores in the country (says the Guy at the counter there) that sell old school games. SO there got to be 1 in each major area. Orland park, Illinois is a suburb of Chicago. NY, CA should have one.[/quote]

Why does there have to be one in each "major area?" Admittedly, it would be a much better way to test the concept, but for all we know, the stores could all be in the Chicago area. We have no proof at all that the six stores are or aren't in the same area of the country.

The quickest and easiest way to find out where the stores are would be to call Best Buy Corporate. I'm not motivated enough to do that...

I went to the Best Buy that I've heard is the #1 location in LA (on Sawtelle in Santa Monica), and there was nothing resembling the old-school goodness that snakeeyez mentioned.

[quote name='WeaponX2099'][quote name='bobo2k4']
The one in Orland Park? Perfect ill be there. So i can sell them games too?[/quote]

You can but u aint getting much. Try old cell phones, old Portable CD players old computers and pda's. Better luck there.[/quote]

Old computers? Old CD players? Interesting.

[quote name='hohndog']The most popular answer I get from them is "We only carry popular games people play". Yeah, and Big Muther Truckers is one of those titles.[/quote]

They just have that because the game's so crappy they can't get rid of them! :lol:

[quote name='ViolentLee']I went to the Best Buy that I've heard is the #1 location in LA (on Sawtelle in Santa Monica), and there was nothing resembling the old-school goodness that snakeeyez mentioned.[/quote]

I would definitely say that the store on the corner of sawtelle and pico has great selection, but city of industry supposedly has better backstop of old games(and thus more likely to have clearanced price games in stock)

As for "which Los angeles store would make the best guinea pig store for this type of program?" I have no idea.

Hey Folks,

The Best Buy in Merrillville, IN does have the old school games!!! I just picked up Zombies Ate My Neighbors & Toxic Crusaders for the Genesis for $3.00 each. They had four bins at the ends of the PS2 & GC isles full of games, the were quite a few Genesis games, a couple of 32x games, lots of PSone, N64, & DC games, but no SNES. Most of the games were sports, but there were a few good titles...

bread's done
Back