Best Buy Pre-order Bonuses

KABUKISTAR

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I thought I'd create this, in the same vein as the GameStop pre-order bonuses thread.

Best Buy pre-orders usually come in the form of a game case, stating that it's a pre-order for the game. It rings up as $5 ($10 for some games), and usually doesn't contain anything, and you just buy it to reserve your copy of the game. After the game comes out, you can use subtract the price of the pre-order from the game when you buy it. Or, if you don't want the game, you can just get the money you payed for it back. So, these pre-orders are functionally free in the long run.

A number of games, come with special pre-order bonuses inside of the cases. This thread is to catalogue all those freebie bonuses that you can get with game pre-orders.

There'll be a list of them going in the second post.

[quote name='woodcan']Wasn't saying you were off-topic but that "other" people tend to go off topic and I was just heading off any flaming.[/QUOTE]

It's all good. I think we've all been wearing flame retardant suits after being a member of CAG for so long ;).

Joystiq has an article detailing the Brutal Legend preorder with better pics.

[quote name='saiyajinsc']has anyone who pre ordered Brutal Legends online been able to pick up the bonus in store?[/QUOTE]

I went in yesterday because I bought my copy when they had the B1G1 half off a few weeks ago, and they didn't have any of the preorders but the girl in the department said just bring in your recipe and they shouldn't care. I'm gonna go back in a few days to see if they got them in.

Picked up one of those Brutal Legend pre-order album cover cases myself. Unfortunately, most of them were creased or at least bent around the edges. Although, the cover itself has that fake worn look too.

My best buy is run by a bunch of incompent fools. I brought my receipt in to show them I purchased it online and the lady wouldn't let me have it. She said I would have to do it online (don't know what the hell she was talking about). So I went and asked another lady on the floor and she told me I would have to Preorder it again and then contact customer service to subtract the amount from my original order. Emailed them, haven't heard from them in two days. I'll just have to refund the preorder myself later.

if you pre-ordered online it depends on how you asked for the game. in-store pickup or Shipped. shipped woulda went to your house. in-store pickup, they woulda had it where all the lock ups are near the geeksquad/customer service desk. er at least that's where we did online pre-orders that ppl chose to do in-store pickup with. actually better than getting pre-order online since you actually get a copy wrapped in your order label.

FYI - I just came back from the BB in Chicago (Bucktown location). I went to reserve Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and they wouldn't let me take the reservation box. I had to explain to the cashier that the code for the gold weapons was inside the box, that it was the bonus for pre-ordering the game through Best Buy. He called someone else over and the girl said the box stays at the store and I wasn't allowed to take it. I told her the code was inside the box and shook it for her, you can hear that something is inside it. She said she would speak to customer service to see if she's allowed to open the box. I'm listening to her explain it to them and one guy in the back says 'Just let him have the box'. I open it in front of her and show her the code, to which the entire customer service begins to clap and applaud her for being a dumbass.

Every other time I go to Best Buy I run into a situation like this. I hope in the future that Amazon gets the pre-order bonuses I want so I don't have to deal with people like this. If you work at a store, please understand the promotions you are running.

lol my best buy is the total opposite i am sorry everyone that works at my bestbuys know me and think it is crazy how i can come in and grab stacks of guides and 4 prorders all for a few pennies and i do it all the time. sorry to hear yours is like that. hell it says on the box code inside lol

bread's done
Back