BEST BUY Pre-owned games Deals of The Week (4/13 - 4/19) B2G1 free on all preowned games

milehighshooter

CAGiversary!
link----->  http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pre-owned-trade-in-games/pre-owned-games/pcmcat232900050017.c?id=pcmcat232900050017

:wiiu:

just dance 2014 $32.99

assassin's creed 4 black flag $17.99

cabala's big game hunter $17.99

spongebob squarepants plankton's robotic revenge $7.99

rayman legends $27.99

:wii:

just dance 2014 $22.99

angry birds star wars $12.99

teenage mutant ninja turtles smash up $12.99

:3ds:

angry birds star wars $12.99

cut the rope triple treat $12.99

yoshi's new island $32.99

spongebob squarepants plankton's robotic revenge $12.99

:ds:

none

:360:

just dance 2014 $22.99

assassin's creed 4 black flag  $17.99

WWE 2k14 $27.99

payday 2 $17.99

south park the stick of truth $37.99

cabala's big hunter pro hunts $17.99

teenge mutant ninja turtles $17.99

dark souls 2 $47.99

rayman legends $27.99

angry birds star wars $17.99

:xb1:

angry birds star wars $37.99

plants vs. zombies garden warfare $27.99

thief $42.99

titanfall $47.99

:ps3:

just dance 2014 $22.99

assassin's creed 4 black flag  $17.99

WWE 2k14 $27.99

payday 2 $17.99

south park the stick of truth $37.99

cabala's big hunter pro hunts $17.99

dark souls 2 $47.99

rayman legends $27.99

:vita:

rayman legends $17.99

:ps4:

angry birds star wars $37.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to buy 3 games today and the 10% wouldn't stack with the B2G1 free. I told them that the 10% should stack with it and the total was supposed to be $5 less than the total they were telling me. The cashier called management and they told me that I was getting a better deal with the B2G1 free deal. I told them even in previous sales, the 10% always came off each game regardless of a B2G1 but it wasn't coming off this deal. They said it was either one or the other and that's the best they can do. I left along with my friend(who had 9 games totaling about $200) with the games on the counter. Guess Best Buy must be doing really well to let nearly $250 in sales go bye bye.

And yes, I could have bought online but I had 2 copies of one game and you can't order 2 copies online due to limits.
If you wanted two copies of a game do one online checkout as a guest and one with your regular account. If you wanted to be a mega asshole you could do an in store pickup at the same Best Buy (since obviously they had the games in stock) and get the 10% AND B2G1 that way. Then shove it in their faces after you get the purchase.

Like I said though, only if you want to be a mega asshole.

If you wanted two copies of a game do one online checkout as a guest and one with your regular account. If you wanted to be a mega asshole you could do an in store pickup at the same Best Buy (since obviously they had the games in stock) and get the 10% AND B2G1 that way. Then shove it in their faces after you get the purchase.
How in any shape or form does doing in store pickup make you a super asshole? I do it with most/all of my game purchases these days, as it's much easier than dealing with the wrong/outdated prices in store. Not to mention that would NOT give him the b2g1 if he did that, because one, he was buying three games, two of one game, and one of another, so he would be forced to add a fourth game into the mix to get the b2g1 with your method.

I went to buy 3 games today and the 10% wouldn't stack with the B2G1 free. I told them that the 10% should stack with it and the total was supposed to be $5 less than the total they were telling me. The cashier called management and they told me that I was getting a better deal with the B2G1 free deal. I told them even in previous sales, the 10% always came off each game regardless of a B2G1 but it wasn't coming off this deal. They said it was either one or the other and that's the best they can do. I left along with my friend(who had 9 games totaling about $200) with the games on the counter. Guess Best Buy must be doing really well to let nearly $250 in sales go bye bye.

And yes, I could have bought online but I had 2 copies of one game and you can't order 2 copies online due to limits.
Here is what you do. Do an online order for in-store pickup (The 10% should stack in that case, and you can see beforehand) as a filler for the second copy of the game you WANT, since of the 1 per game limit, choose Skyrim instead. It is a good "Break even" game, in that you can buy it and trad it in and break even right at bestbuy. So that way you just use the gift card from Skyrim (The 360 vanilla edition btw) and use that on the game you had wanted two of. Still alot of work to do for 10% off of a game or two.

The thing is, bestbuy is not doing that great, and the uneducated employees see, oh look he is getting a game for FREE (A word most retail stores barely can comprehend) and when you point out you should be getting another 10% off, they are like WTF?!
Because of the fact that now you have to deal with the regular employees when buying a game, they will be uneducated.
You will have to argue tooth and nail over the smallest things and the fact is, the phone reps and the website are just so much easier to deal with.
Dealing with them indirectly through in store pickup, is pretty much the only option that won't have you pulling your hair out.

Just got the 6 3DS games I ordered, all of which are pristine and complete...except NONE have the club nintendo codes.  0 for 6 leads me to think that the warehouse guys/gals at best buy are livin' large on nintendo coins.

Just got the 6 3DS games I ordered, all of which are pristine and complete...except NONE have the club nintendo codes. 0 for 6 leads me to think that the warehouse guys/gals at best buy are livin' large on nintendo coins.
You don't think it's possible that the previous owners just took really good care of them and redeemed the coins themselves? :???:

Yeah, it must obviously be those evil Best Buy employees doing it.
Shesh. All I was saying with my initial post is that I found it suspicious that all 6 of my games came complete - the club nintendo card. I'm not calling anyone evil, I was simply pointing out the fact that people do sell the codes online.

Some good buys to be had with this.  I got God of War: Ascension, BioShock Infinite, and Ni No Kuni for $67.  That's pretty good!  Thanks Guys

Just got the 6 3DS games I ordered, all of which are pristine and complete...except NONE have the club nintendo codes. 0 for 6 leads me to think that the warehouse guys/gals at best buy are livin' large on nintendo coins.
... The Club Nintendo code is possibly the MOST likely thing to be missing. It would be far more strange if each one had the package but didn't have the manual. It's kind of like buying a used game and expecting there to be an unused DLC code in it...

By rule of thumb, you shouldn't really expect the used games to be complete, especially for the ones that have downloadable/redeemable content.

I placed a B2G1 order an hour ago and I was able to apply the GCU $10 online code to one of my games (priced originally at $17.99).   If this glitch was fixed, it didn't fix the B2G1 stack. 

contemplating another order of skyrim (360) and 2 bioshock infinites...or maybe a trinity universe.

but who knows how long this 25 tiv will last... it could stop tomorrow... argh... and that trinity universe will probly show up completely gutted. contemplations

got my order of mario kart 7 , zelda 3ds and nsmb 3ds  today and all 3 were gutted without original cases or manuals. will gamestop take these without the cases and manuals and not charge a fee?

got my order of mario kart 7 , zelda 3ds and nsmb 3ds today and all 3 were gutted without original cases or manuals. will gamestop take these without the cases and manuals and not charge a fee?
GS should take those without any issue without deducting any amount from the games' values, assuming the carts look good. Take them to GS in the generic cases BBY gave you (take out the outer covering with the game names on them) to improve your chances.

contemplating another order of skyrim (360) and 2 bioshock infinites...or maybe a trinity universe.

but who knows how long this 25 tiv will last... it could stop tomorrow... argh... and that trinity universe will probly show up completely gutted. contemplations
Tell you what, are you near a bestbuy at all? Check for in-store pickup, the infinites and skyrim are common enough right now that most stores should have ATLEAST one, if not both versions, and that way you won't have to hope the TiV holds for like a week (Also as most of these are that TiV for their 2 for $9.99 trade in promo, I see them holding for at least another week (Knock on wood). Also If I remember correctly if the bestbuy TiV drops the TiV at GS is $15 ($24 after PUR and 50%). Even with the trinity universe arriving gutted, acceptable still gets a nice amount from AMZ, lock in a good with the option for them to downgrade and no worries.

Shesh. All I was saying with my initial post is that I found it suspicious that all 6 of my games came complete - the club nintendo card. I'm not calling anyone evil, I was simply pointing out the fact that people do sell the codes online.
Actually I think it is more along the lines that bestbuy will for the most part only include the manual and none of the other inserts, probably throwing out the rest for whatever reason.
The employee would probably get fired for stripping the game like that if caught, it is probably just standard procedure to toss the extra inserts besides the manual.
Gamestop and Amazon have a history of SOMETIMES having un-redeemed codes but this is not the case with BB (and even gamestop trashes ALOT of stuff that we cags know have value). When everyone bought bulletstorm for super cheap that one time, I remember everyone commenting how the insert for the code to check if redeemed or not, was not even there, I think in like two cases people did get a code, but the massive majority didn't even get the insert.

Also just my two cents, the games I have got from the .com are generally complete (Case artwork manual game) close to 90% of the time.

got my order of mario kart 7 , zelda 3ds and nsmb 3ds today and all 3 were gutted without original cases or manuals. will gamestop take these without the cases and manuals and not charge a fee?
You will be fine, gamestop is actually throwing OUT the regular DS cases, and they treat trade ins on hand held games a bit differently, they will generally take in two of the same game, and the cart only is fine, as unlike most games these are played while mobile, and most people would just put them in a carry case with the rest of their games. Just take out generic cover from the cases and turn them in with just the game and case. Also make sure to double check the titles and receipt before you leave, when they input them in manually you may get a slip up every now and then, so just check you got the right values on the right games.

anyone know when is the last day of 50% extra trade in credit? is it today? im trying to finish star trek.
Officially, yes, but it's possible it could continue for another week. The weekly ad doesn't mention any bonus, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Anyone still having trouble checking out on BB.com? When others were having trouble the other day during the $10 pre-owned sale, I was fine. Tried to do a B2G1 today and kept getting an error after submitting. Tried different browsers. I was paying with a GC so doubt it was a payment issue. Finally I was able to check out as a guest. Unfortunately, even though you can input your RZ # on the order, it still doesn't pick up the 10% GCU discount. Only $2.12 in this case. Called CS and they said it was a system issue as many have called in about the same thing. I'm not to sure about that.

Sound like a blacklist to anyone?

yeah i couldnt get an order online this afternoon either so i just called and went through them.

they actually said i could return pre owned games anytime within 15 days, so i never knew that.

i told them im ocd so if they didnt come complete would i be able to return them and they were like yeah 15 days, so that was a new surprise. so i will go ahead and order and if tivs drop or whatever i should be all good... fingers crossed.

COD: MW3 - $14.99

COD: BO2 - $39.99

NCAA Football 13 - $9.99

Borderlands 2 - $19.99

Max Payne 3 - $7.99

Gears of War 3 - $9.99

Homefront - $4.99

Dead Space 3 - $19.99

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters - $9.99

PS3

COD: MW3 - $14.99

COD- BO2 - $39.99

Borderlands 2 - $19.99

Max Payne 3 - $7.99

Resistance 3 - $9.99

God of War 3 - $9.99

Homefront - $4.99

Dead Space 3 - $19.99

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters - $9.99

NCAA Football 13- $9.99

Assassin's Creed 3 is on the list for both platforms but not seeing any applied discount yet.

i just used my @gamer 10$ off coupon and a 20$ rz coupon to knock down dead space 3 from 34.99$ to 4.99$ yesturday, could i get a price ajustmet or did using the coupons negate that possibility ?

i just used my @gamer 10$ off coupon and a 20$ rz coupon to knock down dead space 3 from 34.99$ to 4.99$ yesturday, could i get a price ajustmet or did using the coupons negate that possibility ?
At the time of purchase, we will match the current pre-tax price for new, identical, immediately available products from a local retail competitor's store and these designated major online retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, Frys.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com and Walmart.com. We will match prices between our stores and BestBuy.com®. We will also match prices post purchase if we lower our price within 15 days of your purchase.

The Guarantee is limited to one price match per identical item, per guest and does not apply to: Contract mobile phone devices and plans, the online prices of retailers not listed, the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace vendors) on designated major online retailers websites, post purchase price match requests to competitor's prices, Best Buy for Business™, offers that include financing, gift card offers, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, coupon offers, competitor's service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, our and our competitor's Deal of the Day, daily deals, special hour sale event items and credit card offers, BestBuy.com Clearance & More and Marketplace items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving.
Best Buy does not offer price matches on refurbished or used products either.

i remember getting homefront for 1.25$ after using that 15$ off used homefront coupon at bestbuy last year. the story and campaign were acually really good (compared to most shooters). the huge draw back is that you can beat it in 3 1/2 hours on normal smh. hope crytec does a longer campaign for part two

Will the welcome coupons b2g1 stack with the 10 dollars off 29 dollar game instore?
Still have my welcome coupon to use

That is if the prices go down the buying price is now ridiculous while the tiv has remained the same.. Example bioshock

Got NCAA '13 & GoW3 for in-store pickup at the local BBY.

I thought when I first added to my cart the B2G1 was still in effect but when I went to check out it had disappeared.

I had added MP3 to my cart thinking it'd be free.....ended up removing it and buying Kirby instead for same price since it was new and I actually wanted it.

For those that have NCAA 14, is 13 that much of a downgrade? I'm only interested in doing an offline dynasty and I'd like as much realism as possible for recruiting / decommitting / etc.

For those that have NCAA 14, is 13 that much of a downgrade? I'm only interested in doing an offline dynasty and I'd like as much realism as possible for recruiting / decommitting / etc.
i dont have 14, but the recruiting is completely different. they did away with the phone calls and made it into a points you spend on recruits thing. again, i havent played it, just read about it so i cant say if its better or worse, but if you like the phone calls, 13 is the last one that uses them.

I can't speak for NCAA 14, but I can say that there is typically very little noticable change. For background, I play Madden every year and notice large changes in that, but there is so little in the NCAA. I played a lot of NCAA 11 and enjoyed it imensly. However, when I bought NCAA 13, I was incredibly dissapointed. It was even the same menus at the home screen. It's not a bad game, just the same as '11. I guess what I am trying to say is that the changes are small year to year. I don't think it's a large upgrade at all though. For $10, I say go with NCAA 13.

bread's done
Back