Best Buy Preferred Cust. Weekend (2/18-21) $5 off Video Games (no minimum)

yeldarb367

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
Best Buy is running another "Exclusive Sales Event" this weekend. There is a scan of the coupon provided by lebowsky near the end of page 6. The coupon reads:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exclusive Sales Event: February 18-21, 2005

$5 off Video Games, Limit 3

Markdowns taken from regular prices. Excludes prior purchases and special order, clearance, demo and open-box items. Selection varies by store. Limit 1 coupon per household. Not good in combination with any other coupons or offers. Valid only at Best Buy stores in the U.S.A. Valid on in-stock items only. No rainchecks. No dealers. Coupon must be presented at time of purchase. No copies. Cash value is 1/100th of 1 cent. Coupon valid 2/18/05-2/21/05.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is confirmed that there is no minimum and $5 games will come up as $0.00.

A scan of the current coupon has been posted by lebowsky on page 6.

One person reported that it did not work in conjunction with the 2 for $30 deal running this week.

Another person reported that they were able to successfully use a prinout of the scanned coupon on the top of page 4 (new version on page 6).

Good luck to all.

[quote name='The Shiznit']Will they accept the $5 off coupon for stuff ordered on line for in-store pickup?[/quote]

That's a big old no.

You could do it if you wanted to return the item and then do another purchase in-store and use the coupon, assuming the item is the same price in-store as the website.

[quote name='FrankySox']I'm confused I have this coupon to, but will they take 5 dollars of each game, or five dollars of the total?[/quote]
It should be $5 off each game (limit 3).

[quote name='yeldarb367'][quote name='FrankySox']I'm confused I have this coupon to, but will they take 5 dollars of each game, or five dollars of the total?[/quote]
It should be $5 off each game (limit 3).[/quote]
Sweet thanks for the reply

I'm a preferred customer but they only gave me a crappy 10% coupon.

Why are they hatin on me?

Advance Wars 2 has been $9.99 for weeks. I haven't seen it in stock at any BB location since the day after it was marked down.

It's a very good game, btw. I'd easily have paid much more than $10 for it.

[quote name='jetlag16']You could pick up Advance Wars 2 for $9.99.... Just use this with the Gamers Gift Card, and get $10.00 off. IF, they allow you to.[/quote]

It's Porkins!!!

h_tf_meat.jpg

[quote name='ryosnk']I just got Billy Hatcher, midway treasures, and rocky for a total of $15 :).[/quote]

What combination of deals did you use?

[quote name='darkwingduck13'][quote name='ryosnk']I just got Billy Hatcher, midway treasures, and rocky for a total of $15 :).[/quote]

What combination of deals did you use?[/quote]

All the games were $10 and I had the $5 off every games (limit three) coupon.

[quote name='ryosnk'][quote name='darkwingduck13'][quote name='ryosnk']I just got Billy Hatcher, midway treasures, and rocky for a total of $15 :).[/quote]

What combination of deals did you use?[/quote]

All the games were $10 and I had the $5 off every games (limit three) coupon.[/quote]

Ryosnk, are you able to pick up another copy of Billy Hatcher?

IIRC, BB in my area don't carry Billy Hatcher anymore. The website doesn't even have the item at all.

BTW, can anybody confirm if using a scanned copy of the coupon works? The fine print says "No copies."

Coupon works just like I thought it would. I picked up:

Timesplitters 2 (GC) 9.99 - 5.00 = 4.99
Phantasy Star Online (Xbox) 9.99 - 5.00 = 4.99
Conflict Desert Storm (Xbox, PH) 9.99 - 5.00 = 4.99

I also grabbed a free Xbox Live Arcade disc while I was there. Thanks OP! ;)

I was wondering if you would get an extra $5 dollars each game when on Sunday or Monday when the new week's ad has greatest, platinum and players choice on sale 2 for $30?

[quote name='JCNY23']I was wondering if you would get an extra $5 dollars each game when on Sunday or Monday when the new week's ad has greatest, platinum and players choice on sale 2 for $30?[/quote]
I would think that should work. I was just more in the mood for $5 games than $10 games.

[quote name='memi']HOW CAN I GET THIS COUPON?????????????? PLEASE ENYANE HELP ME.....,.,....,.,.....,.....[/quote]
At this late of date all you can try and do it run off a high quality printout of the scanned coupon at the top of this page.

[quote name='memi']HOW CAN I GET THIS COUPON?????????????? PLEASE ENYANE HELP ME.....,.,....,.,.....,.....[/quote]

I'm quite impressed with that spelling of "anyone".

So did random preferred customers get this coupon or something?

Mentioned earlier...

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='sanjuro']I think they send these to those who have a rewards card or a best buy credit card.[/quote]

They can be sent to you if you have the following:

1) Reward Zone card.
2) Best Buy credit card.
3) Any product with a PSP or a PRP on it.

So, basically, anything that has your name/address info on it, which any of the above would have.[/quote]

[quote name='adezero']will printing out the scanned copy work?

cause it says "no copies" on it :p[/quote]

So did the TRU coupon, but I still used that a couple times.

[quote name='yeldarb367']Mentioned earlier...

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='sanjuro']I think they send these to those who have a rewards card or a best buy credit card.[/quote]

1) Reward Zone card.
2) Best Buy credit card.

So, basically, anything that has your name/address info on it, which any of the above would have.[/quote][/quote]

I saw that, but it seems like not everyone in these categories got the coupon.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy'][quote name='yeldarb367']Mentioned earlier...

1) Reward Zone card.
2) Best Buy credit card.

So, basically, anything that has your name/address info on it, which any of the above would have.[/quote][/quote]

I saw that, but it seems like not everyone in these categories got the coupon.[/quote]

i got the BB credit card and Reward zone and got nothing. Going to call them up an complain :)

I only recieved a 10% off all video games coupon. Not as good as the $5 off coupon for games under $50 (which is just about all of them).

[quote name='My Name Is BoB'][quote name='adezero']will printing out the scanned copy work?

cause it says "no copies" on it :p[/quote]

So did the TRU coupon, but I still used that a couple times.[/quote]
I actually called the TRU stores I was thinking of visiting during the coupon sale to ask "R" Zone employees specifically about their print-out policy, and only 1 out of 3 said they'd take a print-out (which was one more than I could have asked for). Needless to say, I visited that store and picked up a couple of titles (not free, but pretty cheap).

[quote name='JAMMR']What's a preferred customer? Is it the same as a Reward Zone member?

Most people here, I believe, are Devil Customers ;)[/quote]

NO.

I'm reward zone and didn't get shit.

Preferred customer is someone who either has best buy credit card (i know this for a fact) or signs up for their mailing list and/or has bought a contract item at the store (tv, fridge, etc.) which means over 500 dollars (i believe).

Only angel customers get these coupons. They aren't going to send them to demon customers like you guys.

I actually have Larry Selden's Angel Customers and Demon Customers book. It has some pretty good advice for service businesses like banks.

[quote name='yeldarb367']I think the idea is not to tell them it's a printout.[/quote]
I'm all about following the rules, though; I only wanted to use a print-out if they'd take one. Might just skip this in the future.

[quote name='Eric467']Well I didn't get one, but it's not suprising since Best Buy thinks I'm the Devil.[/quote]

That's ironic because I think Best Buy is the devil.

Only once did I receive a "special" coupon. One that for DVDs: !0% off 1, 15% off 2 and 20% off 3. It was a while ago, but they seem to do random ones.

On a side note, I picked up the last 5 GGCs in my local BB. When the cashier was ringing me up for 0.01 on each one he asked if they were the last. I said "Yes, they were the only ones I could find." He then told me that "I never would've let you have them if I knew they were the last ones." But, by then it was too late, he'd activated the last of the 5.

I just walked out of my BB with one copy of Morrowind for Xbox and two copies of Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex for GCN. Total price after coupon: $5!

[quote name='RiCeBo1']does the 10% coupon work with the gift card's $5 off coupon??[/quote]
Probably not. Cannot combine coupons/offers.

[quote name='pacifickarma']I just walked out of my BB with one copy of Morrowind for Xbox and two copies of Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex for GCN. Total price after coupon: $5![/quote]

What would happen if you wanted to buy 3 copies of Crash?

Would they let you walk out of the store without paying a cent?!

[quote name='JDMxB'][quote name='pacifickarma']I just walked out of my BB with one copy of Morrowind for Xbox and two copies of Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex for GCN. Total price after coupon: $5![/quote]

What would happen if you wanted to buy 3 copies of Crash?

Would they let you walk out of the store without paying a cent?![/quote]
Yes, I bought 2 copies of crash and one jampack. It came out to $0 when the coupon was scanned.

Man, I'm so pissed. I got this envelope and it said "prefered customers" on it or something. I got excited and opened it up... nothing, just a bunch of useless 10 percent off coupons :x Did this happen to anyone else?

EDIT: nevermind, I went back a page and saw that someone has it scanned. Thanks :wink:

is it possibel to use this baby on pre-orders? i know best buy offers a crappy pre order way of doing it but... just wondering.

also, is Midway Arcade Treasures 2 pretty cheap by now?

I stopped by Best Buy today to pick up a few things with the coupon.

Final Fantasy Origins (PS) $9.99
Final Fantasy Chronicles (PS) $14.99
Hunter: The Reckoning (PS2) $4.99

All prices are after the discount.

Thanks for the heads up.

Will go pick up some trade in fodder with the $5 off coupon from BB.

I wonder if it was an oversight not having a minimum price on the $5 off.

bread's done
Back