Best Buy Preferred Cust. Weekend (2/18-21) $5 off Video Games (no minimum)

yeldarb367

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
Best Buy is running another "Exclusive Sales Event" this weekend. There is a scan of the coupon provided by lebowsky near the end of page 6. The coupon reads:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exclusive Sales Event: February 18-21, 2005

$5 off Video Games, Limit 3

Markdowns taken from regular prices. Excludes prior purchases and special order, clearance, demo and open-box items. Selection varies by store. Limit 1 coupon per household. Not good in combination with any other coupons or offers. Valid only at Best Buy stores in the U.S.A. Valid on in-stock items only. No rainchecks. No dealers. Coupon must be presented at time of purchase. No copies. Cash value is 1/100th of 1 cent. Coupon valid 2/18/05-2/21/05.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is confirmed that there is no minimum and $5 games will come up as $0.00.

A scan of the current coupon has been posted by lebowsky on page 6.

One person reported that it did not work in conjunction with the 2 for $30 deal running this week.

Another person reported that they were able to successfully use a prinout of the scanned coupon on the top of page 4 (new version on page 6).

Good luck to all.

I printed out a copy of the coupon on good photo paper and it worked. I got

Yager XB $5
Crash GC $0.00 x2

Plus I got a couple of the free XBOX Live Arcade disks.

I am going back tomorrow to get the same thing.

I love this site!

PS will EB take the XBOX Live Arcade as trade in the 2 for $10 deal? I'm sure they wont since it's free, but has anyone tried?

fyi, the 2 for $30 deal would not ring up for me if i used the $5 off coupon, i ended up getting 3 crash bandicoots for $0.00

I just got a set of coupons for the an "Exclusive Sales Event" for Feb 18-21. I managed to get one of the $5 videogame coupons as well. Looks like a second batch is in the mail.

[quote name='lebowsky']I just got a set of coupons for the an "Exclusive Sales Event" for Feb 18-21. I managed to get one of the $5 videogame coupons as well. Looks like a second batch is in the mail.[/quote]

Would be nice, I'm sure I could pick up some nice cheap games for fellow CAGs with it.

[quote name='laiernie']fyi, the 2 for $30 deal would not ring up for me if i used the $5 off coupon, [/quote]

Same experience, only using the GGC. I did get REmake for $10 and a game case for $2, though.

[quote name='lebowsky']I just got a set of coupons for the an "Exclusive Sales Event" for Feb 18-21. I managed to get one of the $5 videogame coupons as well. Looks like a second batch is in the mail.[/quote]
If enough people get these I'll just keep this post but change the dates.

Good day at Bestbuy today..

Picked up 3 Crash Bandicoots for $0 (trades in for $8 at EBgames).

Picked up 1 Star wars battlefront guide that was hidden away.

Picked up 2 copies of tetris worlds/clone wars.

Total : 3 cents haha.

Picked up the following with the scanned coupon, printed on photo paper today:

PS2 Ribbit King $10 - $5 = $5
PS2 Pro Race Driver $10 - $5 = $5
XBox Morrowind Platinum $10 - $5 = $5

Thanks for the scan!

[quote name='darkje']Picked up 3 Crash Bandicoots for $0 (trades in for $8 at EBgames).
.[/quote]

Crash is getting $8 at EB? Is that before the 2 for $10? If so, that's frickn awesome. Igot two free crashs last night and I am going back today. I hope someone who gets the new coupon posts a scan of it here.

I love being on Best Buys Devil list!

[quote name='yeldarb367'][quote name='lebowsky']I just got a set of coupons for the an "Exclusive Sales Event" for Feb 18-21. I managed to get one of the $5 videogame coupons as well. Looks like a second batch is in the mail.[/quote]
If enough people get these I'll just keep this post but change the dates.[/quote]

Same here, I'm so excited! :cool:

Got Metal Arms, Morrowind, and Crash for 10 and change. I wasnt planning on getting Morrowind, but for 5 dollars (less than rental prices here), ill go for it. Any reason why Midway Treasures for PS2 is 9.99 and 19.99 for XBox? Boo...

CaptainSniffy

PS2 Ribbit King $10 - $5 = $5
PS2 Pro Race Driver $10 - $5 = $5
XBox Morrowind Platinum $10 - $5 = $5
=============================
You should pickup (1) $19.99 and use $5 off GGC to get all of them above for FREE. Just pay off $15 for last game. ;)

Anyone Gamecube owners looking for cheap games they would actually want to play should look at the original Resident Evil for $15 and Timesplitters 2 for $10.

I received coupons for the Feb. 18-21 weekend. No $5 off games coupon :(, just the usual 10% of anything coupon; 10% of computer software, music, movies, and video games coupon; and 75,000 bonus points for signing up for a new internet phone service coupon.

These coupons are so random. Last week I got 3 10% off coupons and my parents (who never buy video games) got the $5 off coupon. This week I got 3 10% off coupons. Here's hoping that they sent my parents another $5 off coupon.

[quote name='lebowsky']Here is a scan of the new coupon should anyone want to give it a shot.

Best Buy Feb 18-21[/quote]

Thanks! I will be using it this weekend. I used the other once two days in a row. Three games for $5 and change is great. I also got some of the XBOXLive arcade disks.

My sister and I both have the Reward Zone card, but we never get the same coupons even when we both get discount mailings for the same weekend. Often she'd get something for a weekend when I don't get jack. I am definitely a devil customer in their eyes. :twisted:

Can anybody confirm if the GGC glitch works in conjunction with this $5 off any game coupon?

Also, what sort of paper is recommended for the scan of the coupon to be printed on? Do you guys think normal 8 by 11 1/2 paper will get by?

*Edit- Darnit... Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex raised back to $19.99... when did this happen?? Can anybody confirm if this is true for B&M as well?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1051806844284&skuId=4800415&type=product

It looks like all the other $5 games are either sold out or have been raised in prices as well... Bah, there goes a free game.

[quote name='FoxStar']

Also, what sort of paper is recommended for the scan of the coupon to be printed on? Do you guys think normal 8 by 11 1/2 paper will get by?

*Edit- Darnit... Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex raised back to $19.99... when did this happen?? Can anybody confirm if this is true for B&M as well?

[/quote]

I bought 2 crash's on Sunday. I don't know if the price change was before or after that. When I asked the CSR to scan the Crash's (they weren't marked) he said, 19.99. I said are you sure? He say's yes, but I will scan it for you anyway. Sure enough, the CAGer was right and CSR was wrong.

As far as the paper I used. I had a sheet of photo paper that I used. It actually looked like the best coupon ever made. It worked for me 2 days in a row printing separate coupons. This weekend I am going to try to use good quality paper instead of photo cause I am out. If it doesn't work, I will just use the GCC and try to buy Painkiller PC. If that works, I will get everything else in my basket $5 off as well. I have done that 3 times now and it has always worked.

I used normal printer paper for both the TRU sale awhile ago and for this deal. Both worked without a hitch. I'm guessing that the employees just look at these coupons as they do for any printable coupons.

This $5 off coupon is off each video game up to a maximum of three right?

Deciding whether to pick up Tiger Woods and FIFA or NASCAR with the use of a coupon and $25 gift card or go for the BOGO Half of at Meijer Saturday.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']This $5 off coupon is off each video game up to a maximum of three right?[/quote]
Yes. Take up three $10 games and each one will ring up for $5.

does BB take black and white prints of the coupon? i don't have a laser printer but I have one of those business ones (the ones that print black and white only) :?

[quote name='punqsux']i dont mean to sound unappreciatve, but can we get that coupon in a 300 dpi format so we can print and hopefully use it?[/quote]
I would like this too, you can barely read the coupon when I print it out since the quality is not that great.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']does BB take black and white prints of the coupon? i don't have a laser printer but I have one of those business ones (the ones that print black and white only) :?[/quote]
Techinically they don't accept any copies of the coupon. So in order for you to use a copy, it needs to be as real, and colorful, as possible.

[quote name='lebowsky'][quote name='Tom'][quote name='punqsux']i dont mean to sound unappreciatve, but can we get that coupon in a 300 dpi format so we can print and hopefully use it?[/quote]
I would like this too, you can barely read the coupon when I print it out since the quality is not that great.[/quote]

Yeah, here's a new scan you ungrateful bastards! j/k

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/lebowsky/BBcoup300dpi2.jpg[/quote]

Thanks for the scan, though cleaning off your scanner's glass might not be a bad idea, since I see some imperfections in the scanned copy. :p Shows up real well when I laser print it. :D

[quote name='RiCeBo1']well Target takes coupons printed in black and white. why wouldn't BB do it?[/quote]

Because I think it says no copies allowed. I dunno.

Anyway, what is the size of the coupon. I keep printing it and it comes oout too small, so I'll have to size it manually. Is it 1-1/2 by 3-1/2?

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='RiCeBo1']well Target takes coupons printed in black and white. why wouldn't BB do it?[/quote]

Because I think it says no copies allowed. I dunno.

Anyway, what is the size of the coupon. I keep printing it and it comes oout too small, so I'll have to size it manually. Is it 1-1/2 by 3-1/2?[/quote]

try printing it landscape instead of portrait. maybe that'll work because it did for me.

Is this coupon actually legit? Or is it limited to only some markets? I ask because of my usage of it today. Printed out the high-res version of it (thx to those who scanned it in btw) since I only got the usual 10% off coupons in the mail. Bought two games today and the coupon wouldn't scan (no surprise) so the sales clerk had to enter it manually. No big deal. It did properly come up as a "valued customer cpn" but it wouldn't actually take $5 off of either game no matter what they tried. With a line forming, they eventually just overrided the games to $5 off without waiting for a supervisor and sent me on my way. So while I did get the effect of the coupon, it left me wondering wtf was wrong with it.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='lebowsky'][quote name='Tom'][quote name='punqsux']i dont mean to sound unappreciatve, but can we get that coupon in a 300 dpi format so we can print and hopefully use it?[/quote]
I would like this too, you can barely read the coupon when I print it out since the quality is not that great.[/quote]

Yeah, here's a new scan you ungrateful bastards! j/k

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/lebowsky/BBcoup300dpi2.jpg[/quote]

Thanks for the scan, though cleaning off your scanner's glass might not be a bad idea, since I see some imperfections in the scanned copy. :p Shows up real well when I laser print it. :D[/quote]

I thought it was my scanner, too, but it's actually on the coupon itself. I don't know if it came like that or if I was eating some chips or something ;)

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']It's printing at 2.85 by 1.1 inches, which seems small to me. It doesn't matter what layout I use, landscape or regular.[/quote]

It's actually like 5.7 by 2.21.

[quote name='Nogib']Is this coupon actually legit? Or is it limited to only some markets? I ask because of my usage of it today. Printed out the high-res version of it (thx to those who scanned it in btw) since I only got the usual 10% off coupons in the mail. Bought two games today and the coupon wouldn't scan (no surprise) so the sales clerk had to enter it manually. No big deal. It did properly come up as a "valued customer cpn" but it wouldn't actually take $5 off of either game no matter what they tried. With a line forming, they eventually just overrided the games to $5 off without waiting for a supervisor and sent me on my way. So while I did get the effect of the coupon, it left me wondering wtf was wrong with it.[/quote]

It's legit here at least (Virginia, Hampton Roads area). I got it in the mail and was surprised the $5 off coupon was in there and that the date was this week. Maybe BB is doing the "exclusive sales event" for different areas in different weeks?

i didnt get it. i got the shitty 10% off coupons........thsi would have been nice to use with the 2 for 30$ on PC games, RE and RE0 or mario golf..............DAMN YOU BEST BUY!

I am bumping this so that people can post their experiences with a printed 5$ coupon.

The scanned coupon does not work. It would not scan and still didn't work when they typed it in.

They took it to a manager, (there happened to be like 5 managers standing around) and they all huddled together looking at the all mighty coupon. After a lot of discussion, the girl comes over and say's

"this has been printed, we don't accept printed coupons"

I said "I got it in a e-mail, how else should I bring it in"

She goes back to the crowd of managers (you could tell the varying levels of there managerhood by the way they dressed), after they deliberated she comes back and says

"The coupon won't work because the games you chose are on clearance and the coupon says no clearance items" Which it does.

I know that was BS though because I used the other coupon last week on clearanced games. But, the barcode on this coupon didn't even work.

Finally, she says "we can sell them to you at regular price, then discount them $5 if you want." She then say's "they would all be $19.99 with $5 off".

I said, "no thanks, why would I come in here pick up 3 games marked $10, then use a coupon to get them for $15 each".

At this point, I just said no thanks and left with my coupon.

I am going back tomorrow to use the GCC and get all those games for $5.

I think the GGC is dead. I went to get Tiger Woods 2K5 and Big Game Hunter (9.99) and it scanned fine, went through like it normally does but did not take anything off either game.

Anyone else having problems with the GGC?!?!?!? Is the dream dead!?

bread's done
Back