Best Buy private event sale - got Wii U deluxe for $342

bwooster0

CAGiversary!
I was invited to a Best Buy private event sale. I was on line to get in and they were trying to give out a paper voucher to buy a Wii U. Not one person in line took one and a few folks said, "Whats a Wii U"?

When I entered the store they gave me a flyer that said %15 off games and acessories.

I ended up buying a Wii U Deluxe and Mario. They rang up for $341.26 and $49.72.

I am on the East Coast so perhaps someone else who is more to the West can take advantage of this deal.

I should have bought Persona 4 too. :(

8 fuckING DOLLARS SAVED??!?!?

now see if you had won a gift card or an actual Wii U thru a raffle ticket ok.........but geez 8 dollars off the deluxe?!?! btw... this needs to be in the bragging forums.

8 bucks is a big deal for "Cheapass Gamers" like all of us. Great find! All you haters out there, go find another forum, idiots.

Haaters gon hate! Leave him alone ok... he saved himself a few bucks and the reason for post is not braggin, hes letting ppl on westcoast kno you can get 15% off Wii U console not just games and accessories.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='sasuke543']So you are saying its $342 after tax??? Might just buy one and return it to Walmart with my old receipt![/QUOTE]

Console serial numbers are typically tied to the purchase, so this probably won't work. You can probably see the serial number on your receipt.

Well, shit. I had 'em price match my New Super Mario Bros U to the 15% off; if I had known the console would qualify, I would've had 'em check that, too!

My store did have a stack of coupons for $10 off any one, regular price, item. It didn't specifically exclude video game software (although said coupon did exclude hardware), so management ended up overriding the price on Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault to $9.99.

I'd planned to pick that up at $20 anyway, so I kind of feel, between the price match of NSMBU, the 15% off on ZombiU, the $5 RZ cert I had and the $10 off that applied to R&C, as if I got ZombiU for about $27. I can live with that.

[quote name='Nailbunny']Console serial numbers are typically tied to the purchase, so this probably won't work. You can probably see the serial number on your receipt.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone confirm this is true? I don't see no serial numbers on my receipt

[quote name='sasuke543']Can anyone confirm this is true? I don't see no serial numbers on my receipt[/QUOTE]
It's true.

[quote name='Zaku77']Deal of the fucking century... lol[/QUOTE]
You and everyone else do realize that he most likely meant after tax meaning he actually saved ~$32 with 6.75% tax.

[quote name='Kikyou1']I guess 8 dollars saved is 8 dollars saved...[/QUOTE]
Yeah. Look at it this way. If you were going to get a Wii 2 anyway, would you rather get it for $350 or $342? The correct answer is $200 after a price drop, but if you wanted it now, $342 is better.

[quote name='Demontooth']They had stacks of both SKUs at the Best Buy I was at. I hit on the cute nintendo rep.[/QUOTE]
Any progress on that?

[quote name='Demontooth']They had stacks of both SKUs at the Best Buy I was at. I hit on the cute nintendo rep.[/QUOTE]

She wasn't really old, was she?

The only nintendo reps ive seen are old people.

[quote name='Tdog987']She wasn't really old, was she?

The only nintendo reps ive seen are old people.[/QUOTE]

The Nintendo reps at E3 back in the day were pretty cute (and young). Dunno if they hire from different pools for E3 reps compared to in-store reps.

[quote name='SackAttack']The Nintendo reps at E3 back in the day were pretty cute (and young). Dunno if they hire from different pools for E3 reps compared to in-store reps.[/QUOTE]

well thats a given. All of the reps ive seen at stores are elderly people.

Translation: he sheepishly waved to her while waiting in the checkout line.

[quote name='TooPoor']Any progress on that?[/QUOTE]

My wife didn't think she was cute enough to take home so I wandered away

I would guess mid 20's

[quote name='KanYozakura']Translation: he sheepishly waved to her while waiting in the checkout line.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming that's your move?

[quote name='Wario64']If it was discounting 15%, shouldnt the savings be $52? Unless your sale tax is like 14% wtf.[/QUOTE]

That's what I can't figure out...technically shouldn't the system be at full MSRP since the 15% is only for games and accessories? Maybe he got the $10 off coupon and didn't notice or something.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Meh, big deal. I got mine Day 1 at Gamestop and paid all with credit. No tax.[/QUOTE]

Which still won't work on the West Coast. In Cali, you have to pay tax even if you pay in full with credit. You even have to pay tax on the price of unsubsidized phones when you get a discount.

[quote name='sasuke543']Can anyone confirm this is true? I don't see no serial numbers on my receipt[/QUOTE]

It's kind of true... when I returned mine to Target, they just matched the serial of the system to the box not the receipt.

[quote name='elessar123']Which still won't work on the West Coast. In Cali, you have to pay tax even if you pay in full with credit. You even have to pay tax on the price of unsubsidized phones when you get a discount.[/QUOTE]
We just have to accept the fact that living in Cali is expensive as hell...we never get these nice perks, like no tax when paying with credit.

[quote name='BrolyB593']I bought a Wii U Deluxe at Target with my employee discount and walked away with it for $341 with tax!

Do I win?[/QUOTE]
You guys don't get to keep the opened returned ones? :lol:

You know what's weird? So I went to the bb midnight "Event" launch for BO2 and there are two older women who are there to oversee the event (not bb employees). They are wearing t-shirts and giving out shit for the game. Not one of them have ever played a call of duty game nor work for the game makers. During the event game play preview, they kept on coming in and saying "Shame on you in wanting to play a game that kills people........" :roll: wtf?

[quote name='kinney_bmx']You and everyone else do realize that he most likely meant after tax meaning he actually saved ~$32 with 6.75% tax.[/QUOTE]

I live in Oregon and don't pay sales tax. Through my lens, he saved $8.

You have to watch those pesky double negatives. That statement says that you do, indeed, see a serial number on your receipt. :3

[quote name='sasuke543']So you are saying its $342 after tax??? Might just buy one and return it to Walmart with my old receipt![/QUOTE]
I bought a Wii U from Walmart because my ToysRUs one took forever to ship, figuring that I'd just return the TRU one to Walmart using the receipt when it came in. There was no serial number on the receipt, but the guy entered the serial number off the box into the computer, and was like "this system was purchased at Toys R Us." Busted. :[

bread's done
Back